Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

49 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

If any of Hibs players end up with Covid after this Celtic should be fined heavily & possibly they should have the result overturned to a 3-0 because technically if you think about it they’ve fielded a player who shouldn’t be playing. I’d also ban Duffy, Brown, Lennon & any others pictured breaking protocols. Don’t want to help Hibs out with some extra points but this can’t be ignored, absolutely outrageous from the SFA/SPFL/JRG to force Hibs to play that game and their incompetence could be the catalyst to the season getting called off by MSPs.

The cynic in me suggests that Celtic fielded Duffy deliberately to goad the SG into taking action and "RED CARDING" Scottish football for a short period of time or closing it down indefinitely.

This will give Celtic and their Cabal all they need to null and void the league therefore protecting their "9 IAR" and aspirations of the 10 IAR which their good ship "Blameless" has now sailed over the edge of their flat earth.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

So from Ewan's breakdown of the JRG expectations if you go for an 'elite' sport training camp, you can:-

Train and eat together and then pretty much need to stay in your hotel room on your own.

All these fillers like the gym, playing darts, pool, games, watching games together, let alone pop down pub can't happen.

Why eould anyone want to go on one?

To add a semi-relevant comparison, quarantine for competitors for the Australian Open tennis starts here this Thursday. Given our Covid-free status here in Victoria (bar one recent outbreak thanks to our friends in NSW) the quarantine rules involve (a) all players being treated like they have Covid every day for 14 days so daily tests are carried out, (b) for a period of 5 hours, staggered throughout the day, the players and staff in a bubble can train together. If one tests positive, the whole bubble is moved to the hot hotel and training stops for that bubble. Otherwise, they are in their individual rooms at all times.

By comparison, Septic go on a jolly boys outing! Elite athletes :rofl:

Gordon Ramsay
5 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Ally McCoist getting stuck into celtic and the sfa in the daily ranker - 

Ally McCoist - 'It's carnage

Ally McCoist was taking no prisoners, as he also slammed the SFA for giving the trip the green light in the first place.

"Honest to God, it's carnage. It's chaos. Absolute chaos. Celtic are all over the place, 13 players, three coaches staff self-isolating.

"Nicola Sturgeon is having a go at them saying it's not right. Ian Maxwell from the SFA came out and for some reason tried to defend it, which was horrendous to listen to.

"The whole thing is carnage. They've completely and utterly shot themselves in the foot by going ahead with this trip. I don't know for the life of me who thought it would be a good idea at this time."

"I thought the SFA let themselves down as well yesterday.

"People can't visit families. grandparents haven't seen their grandchildren for a long, long time and someone thinks it's a good idea to go?

"I don't know what the SFA are going to do, the SFA have come out and said there's no case to answer, they didn't do anything wrong.

"But earlier on in the season they've banned Aberdeen players for doing the same thing. They've banned St Mirren or Kilmarnock players for sitting next to each other on the bus? The double standards. It's just a shambles to tell you the truth."

Ian Maxwell should hang his head in shame. Absolutely embarrassing trying to defend that yesterday. So, so stupid. 

45 minutes ago, Boris said:

I really don't care how all of this plays out, as long as it doesn't impact on Hearts.

Watching the others all turning on each other is wonderful viewing from the vantage point of the moral high ground.

I get that I really do. 

But unless someone, somewhere starts standing up to this obvious corruption within the "ruling" bodies and their determination to apply rules differently to Celtic than all the other clubs then situations such as this will only get worse. God knows we suffered to get them their 9 in a row and look what has happened since. The SPFL/SFA are to Celtic what the GOP is to Trump.

All clubs had the opportunity to vote for an independent enquiry investigating the SPFL and paid for by Rangers and failed to grasp that opportunity, so there is some satisfaction in seeing clubs, as detailed in Ewan Murray's piece, suffering punishment when Celtic get off Scot free. But first and foremost it was an opportunity to flush out the corruption and it is unforgivable that the majority of clubs failed to take it.

My fear is that a growing sense of frustration at the obvious bias and the failure to address it will eventually drive supporters away from the game.

9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The arrogance and ignorance shown by these cretins is mind boggling.

Pandemic ? Feck that. We'll just do what we want. 

Utterly disgusting. 

This. 

They will never change 

27 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Ian Maxwell should hang his head in shame. Absolutely embarrassing trying to defend that yesterday. So, so stupid. 

That is the worst thing about it all IMO. I've never heard the head of the SFA defend any club so to start now with something that is indefensible is unbelievable.

19 minutes ago, true-jambo said:

I get that I really do. 

But unless someone, somewhere starts standing up to this obvious corruption within the "ruling" bodies and their determination to apply rules differently to Celtic than all the other clubs then situations such as this will only get worse. God knows we suffered to get them their 9 in a row and look what has happened since. The SPFL/SFA are to Celtic what the GOP is to Trump.

All clubs had the opportunity to vote for an independent enquiry investigating the SPFL and paid for by Rangers and failed to grasp that opportunity, so there is some satisfaction in seeing clubs, as detailed in Ewan Murray's piece, suffering punishment when Celtic get off Scot free. But first and foremost it was an opportunity to flush out the corruption and it is unforgivable that the majority of clubs failed to take it.

My fear is that a growing sense of frustration at the obvious bias and the failure to address it will eventually drive supporters away from the game.

The problem is that most of the clubs are part of it.

What do you think the vote would be if Celtic got Doncaster call for the season to be annulled in the near future?

Only those clubs at the top of their divisions would vote against, with very few exceptions.

Every member club(except the mhanks of course), should be submitting their vote of no confidence in the SPFL asap, and put an end to this shitshow.

Based on Ewen Murray’s article alone, which was as good a piece of forensic journalism than any forensic pish that Deloitte could only dream of, there is no escape for Timmy or Doncaster et al. Unfit for purpose.

FCFC, FTSPFL, FTSFA.

I just can’t see how the top leagues can continue past the next week or two, if the SPFL already had a yellow card from the government WTF do they need to do to get a red? 

This whole scenario should have been a straight red and it was totally avoidable aswell

18 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The arrogance and ignorance shown by these cretins is mind boggling.

Pandemic ? Feck that. We'll just do what we want. 

Utterly disgusting. 

In a nutshell. Cut through the legalities of what they did, and whether it was against football ‘rules’, it is truly verminous behaviour. 

Thing is, any other club did that then their fans would be all over it in their condemnation. 

11 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

What do you think the vote would be if Celtic got Doncaster call for the season to be annulled in the near future?

Only those clubs at the top of their divisions would vote against, with very few exceptions.

That depends on the financial consequences of null and void, which Doncaster specifically rules out as an option last season as the consequences would have been damaging and fatal in the case of some clubs. They based their whole case on this at court and in the Arbitration hearing.

Null and void is not an option now, just as it wasn’t last season. Nothing is different other than the amount of games played. 

There is no reason at this stage to even consider stopping football. What does need to stop is abuses of the protocols and Celtic need to be disciplined for breaches. If that doesn’t happen then the SG have their finger on the trigger.

Edited by JimmyCant

4 hours ago, Under the floodlight said:

Everybody sing along.

Now, sir; that is a top pick for what I call 'A Song for Every Occasion'. I'm singing along right now. 🤣

The Treasurer

I'm no fan of Slippy G but when interviewed after sevco's game at Aberdeen he mentioned that at the start of the season they were told there would be no mid season break.

So why were sellik allowed to rearrange a fixture in order to have a mid season break ?

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I'm no fan of Slippy G but when interviewed after sevco's game at Aberdeen he mentioned that at the start of the season they were told there would be no mid season break.

So why were sellik allowed to rearrange a fixture in order to have a mid season break ?

And Hibs were told of the change after it had been made, without any prior agreement. Imagine that happening the other way round.

But Hibs, and many other clubs, spurned the chance of a review of the governance of Scottish football, so as to gain a sporting advantage, so they will just have to take their medicine too.

The clamour and smell of Celtic to get this season null and void will continue.

They will continue to flout all the relevant laws in the hope that the season is curtailed.

Everyone watched in astonishment last season, as our season was curtailed, yet every other league continued to conclusion.

Hopefully we can see this to some form of conclusion as well and get it right up the Weegy Arrogant Cheats!

3 minutes ago, a11ank said:

They will continue to flout all the relevant laws in the hope that the season is curtailed.

Everyone watched in astonishment last season, as our season was curtailed, yet every other league continued to conclusion.

Hopefully we can see this to some form of conclusion as well and get it right up the Weegy Arrogant Cheats!

Oh, and don't forget the deneument of the English Championship whereby all (iirc) of the teams facing relegation escaped relegation when the season played out.

Gordon Ramsay
7 minutes ago, a11ank said:

They are certainly doing their best to get it stopped. 

That club is just rotten from top to bottom. 

15 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Of course most of the clubs were/are part of it. That doesn't make it forgivable, part of it or not it was still unforgivable.

I am not naive enough to assume the vast majority of these clubs these will vote in any other way than out of self interests, and that would be in the short term, not for the long term good of the game. So that vote would depend on what was being dangled in front of that bunch of unscrupulous charlatans

4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Oh, and don't forget the deneument of the English Championship whereby all (iirc) of the teams facing relegation escaped relegation when the season played out.

Promotion and relegation happened in all the leagues in England.

Berra than you
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Think he means that the teams that were at the bottom of leagues in march, largely escaped relegation when the league's started up again. An opportunity we were not afforded.

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Top 2 leagues played out to a conclusion

Top 2 in Scotland should have played out as well.

The whole situation has just confirmed that I am correct in my absolute, vehement hatred toward Celtic Football Club.  It is just on a different plane of existence compared to Hibs and Rangers.

Every single thing they do is correct or admirable.  They have never ever made a mistake, or admit to their guilt even when it is painfully clear to everyone.  They are the model of society and everyone should jump to meet their standards.  

We have been in the middle of, and everyone has directly been impacted by, a pandemic since at least March 2020.  In that time, we've had national and regional lockdowns, people losing their jobs and businesses closing, people not being able to see their families or friends, and tens of thousands of people dying, often on their own without any visitors allowed whilst hooked up to machines to breathe for them, due to this disease which is absolutely decimating society and is continuing to mutate and spread around the World.  

And Celtic FC jet off on holiday to Dubai to drink beers and relax by the swimming pool, after they have run around chasing a ball, training in the sun for an hour a day.  Openly doing something that we would all love to be doing right now?  And now they claim they have done nothing wrong, without the slightest hint of acknowledging that they are completely out of touch with reality, because for years they have gotten away with making the rules?  Even when the evidence is clear, and they have broken just about every protocol that everyone else is expected to follow? 

Even their own fans are calling them out for their behaviour, which given their usual track record of gleefully winding up every other club about the things they are obviously getting away with, is a sure sign that they have really ****ed things up this time.

Celtic FC have done some despicable things in their history, but this threatens to be up there with the worst just because of their sheer arrogance about everything.  "We have investigated ourselves and found that we have done nothing wrong.  Oh, and we were told we could go, so get it up all of you."  Anyone with half a brain cell would realise that travelling a 7000+ mile round trip in the middle of a pandemic, when even their own supporters aren't legally allowed to travel outside of their own Council Region, is in bad taste.  But they are Celtic Football Club, the thoughts of mere mortals don't concern them.

They have ideas far above their station, and have it in their heads that they are absolutely invulnerable and above not just the Scottish Football Association's rules and regulations, but the Scottish Government's as well.  It's time someone took these absolute reprobates down and makes them account for their lies, greed, corruption and crimes.  It's time someone finally took them to task over this, because this time they weren't clever enough to cover up the evidence, have time and time again given verbal and written statements that contradict not only the facts, but their previous statements, and this time it's been plastered all over the internet for everyone to see.

Scottish Football has created a monster by letting these arseholes get away with everything they have done for years, decades even.

I hope the fall from grace is incredibly painful, and replayed over and over forever.  I hope they never get back up, but you just know that they will, and this will become a footnote in the list of deplorable acts that emit from the East End of Glasgow.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I saw it on here so it would feel like theft 😆

Oh and I thought it was a PfK original😮

So disappointing thought you were a genius.

At least you recognised the potential and put it out there👍

SectionDJambo

It’s probably true that the old saying has never been more relevant.

“Celtic FC, offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.”

12 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Top 2 leagues played out to a conclusion

Top 2 in Scotland should have played out as well.

Absolutely.  8 games.......8!    The mad rush to conclude the league was very telling.     If Rangers won the remaining OF games and there was a dip in Celtics form sooner,  it was ‘possible’ for Rangers to win the league , just as it was possible for us to move a place or 2 up the league.     The SFA and SPFL are so in Celtics back pocket and the press offer up know good challenging journalism so they are complicit too.    

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Absolutely.  8 games.......8!    The mad rush to conclude the league was very telling.     If Rangers won the remaining OF games and there was a dip in Celtics form sooner,  it was ‘possible’ for Rangers to win the league , just as it was possible for us to move a place or 2 up the league.     The SFA and SPFL are so in Celtics back pocket and the press offer up know good challenging journalism so they are complicit too.    

Not just Celtic- too many self serving clubs. Raith and Brechin had too much to say on it.

42 minutes ago, true-jambo said:

Of course most of the clubs were/are part of it. That doesn't make it forgivable, part of it or not it was still unforgivable.

I am not naive enough to assume the vast majority of these clubs these will vote in any other way than out of self interests, and that would be in the short term, not for the long term good of the game. So that vote would depend on what was being dangled in front of that bunch of unscrupulous charlatans

I am in no way saying that what Celtic have done is forgivable.  They only way they could be "forgiven" is if they repented of their foolish, selfish action and admitted they did wrong.

More chance of an ice cube lasting 5 minutes in hell.

Spitonastranger
2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I tried to find the “bottom” clip where a Rick & Aid trued to hide a body under the carpet....thrashing it with sticks to flatten it down.........anyone help?

Disclaimer note from me:

be careful when you type “bottom thrashing” into google 😂

How To Get Rid Of A Body | Rik Mayall & Ade Edmondson | Bottom | BBC Comedy Greats - YouTube

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Oh and I thought it was a PfK original😮

So disappointing thought you were a genius.

At least you recognised the potential and put it out there👍

I think it was on this thread mate, just passing on the hilarity 😆

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Indeed and it was shown by Real Madrid, Werner Bremen, Aston Villa and Barnsley amongst others what could happen in those games. 

2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I am in no way saying that what Celtic have done is forgivable.  They only way they could be "forgiven" is if they repented of their foolish, selfish action and admitted they did wrong.

More chance of an ice cube lasting 5 minutes in hell.

Indeed that is the way to go . Commit the sin , confess , say sorry and repeat

16 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Not just Celtic- too many self serving clubs. Raith and Brechin had too much to say on it.

Brechin! BRECHIN!.... probably the most blatant abuse of power (their chairman is on the SPFL board) last year, was their survival!

38 minutes ago, tian447 said:

The whole situation has just confirmed that I am correct in my absolute, vehement hatred toward Celtic Football Club.  It is just on a different plane of existence compared to Hibs and Rangers.

Every single thing they do is correct or admirable.  They have never ever made a mistake, or admit to their guilt even when it is painfully clear to everyone.  They are the model of society and everyone should jump to meet their standards.  

We have been in the middle of, and everyone has directly been impacted by, a pandemic since at least March 2020.  In that time, we've had national and regional lockdowns, people losing their jobs and businesses closing, people not being able to see their families or friends, and tens of thousands of people dying, often on their own without any visitors allowed whilst hooked up to machines to breathe for them, due to this disease which is absolutely decimating society and is continuing to mutate and spread around the World.  

And Celtic FC jet off on holiday to Dubai to drink beers and relax by the swimming pool, after they have run around chasing a ball, training in the sun for an hour a day.  Openly doing something that we would all love to be doing right now?  And now they claim they have done nothing wrong, without the slightest hint of acknowledging that they are completely out of touch with reality, because for years they have gotten away with making the rules?  Even when the evidence is clear, and they have broken just about every protocol that everyone else is expected to follow? 

Even their own fans are calling them out for their behaviour, which given their usual track record of gleefully winding up every other club about the things they are obviously getting away with, is a sure sign that they have really ****ed things up this time.

Celtic FC have done some despicable things in their history, but this threatens to be up there with the worst just because of their sheer arrogance about everything.  "We have investigated ourselves and found that we have done nothing wrong.  Oh, and we were told we could go, so get it up all of you."  Anyone with half a brain cell would realise that travelling a 7000+ mile round trip in the middle of a pandemic, when even their own supporters aren't legally allowed to travel outside of their own Council Region, is in bad taste.  But they are Celtic Football Club, the thoughts of mere mortals don't concern them.

They have ideas far above their station, and have it in their heads that they are absolutely invulnerable and above not just the Scottish Football Association's rules and regulations, but the Scottish Government's as well.  It's time someone took these absolute reprobates down and makes them account for their lies, greed, corruption and crimes.  It's time someone finally took them to task over this, because this time they weren't clever enough to cover up the evidence, have time and time again given verbal and written statements that contradict not only the facts, but their previous statements, and this time it's been plastered all over the internet for everyone to see.

Scottish Football has created a monster by letting these arseholes get away with everything they have done for years, decades even.

I hope the fall from grace is incredibly painful, and replayed over and over forever.  I hope they never get back up, but you just know that they will, and this will become a footnote in the list of deplorable acts that emit from the East End of Glasgow.

Excellent post but, I wouldn't give the other half of that backside a free pass.  If positions were reversed and Celtic were a new club coming back from liquidation, they would be flinging their weight about.

However, I agree that they still would not have reached the depths of disgrace that Celtic present as virtue.

3 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Oh no!  The Church of Rome confession system is a joke.  There has to be a change to go with it.  Not true repentance if you think for one minute that you can just carry on. Just like so much of the teaching of the Bible, they ignore clear teaching about the danger of going on "wilfully sinning."  

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, sirwalter said:

He suggested that Lewis might be the only player with League and Scottish Cup medals won with the same club other than Rangers and Celtic. Call yourself a Hearts supporter, Mikey!

Never his fault. No wonder he got a job on Celtic tv. Aberdeen won both cups in the 80s so probably more of their players did it than ours. 

D6BF2C2B-6A0C-4AA4-9839-FA0CA7FA41B7.jpeg

D8D720FC-D599-49C6-B0AC-CABED861A930.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, john thomas said:

They haven’t confessed or said sorry for anything ever. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Never his fault. No wonder he got a job on Celtic tv. Aberdeen won both cups in the 80s so probably more of their players did it than ours. 

D6BF2C2B-6A0C-4AA4-9839-FA0CA7FA41B7.jpeg

D8D720FC-D599-49C6-B0AC-CABED861A930.jpeg

Pretty sure Aberdeen won both cups in the same season 85/86 for sure and a season later that decade, 

1 hour ago, Berra than you said:

Think he means that the teams that were at the bottom of leagues in march, largely escaped relegation when the league's started up again. An opportunity we were not afforded.

Yes.  I think I am correct in saying the bottom three in the Premier League, when the season first stopped, was different to the three at the end of the season. 

5 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Oh no!  The Church of Rome confession system is a joke.  There has to be a change to go with it.  Not true repentance if you think for one minute that you can just carry on. Just like so much of the teaching of the Bible, they ignore clear teaching about the danger of going on "wilfully sinning."  

All the repentance , saying sorry etc is a joke

Act with arrogant disregard as Celtic have done then say sorry . Easy-peasy , just means you've got away with it .

If you were genuinely sorry , repentant you wouldn't have blatantly ignored the rules in the first place

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

It is true that whether you get into trouble or not depends on whether a player gets Covid. 

But whether you get Covid or not depends mainly on how safe you stay. 

It’s like when people say Tannoy when they mean public address system. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Pretty sure Aberdeen won both cups in the same season 85/86 for sure and a season later that decade, 

Yeah they beat both Edinburgh clubs in the finals 85-86. Won both it in 89-90 too. So McLeish/Miller/Leighton plus whoever won both those doubles, probably over 20 players 😆😂

Edited by Pasquale for King

54 minutes ago, tian447 said:

This a 100% 

How do you even begin to take them to task when they hold so many influential people in positions of power serious question 

like you said they openly disregarded any rules with no accountability 

surly needs to be a call now for an Independent investigation into the governance of Scottish football

do you know is the Scottish Government can make such a demand 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah they beat both Edinburgh clubs in the finals 85-86. Won both it in 89-90 too. So McLeish/Miller/Leighton etc . 

Virtually their whole squad both seasons in other words would have got winners medals Dear oh dear Mikey. 

Lewis Stevenson has quite possibly LOST more cup finals than anyone else. That might be worth exploring lol

What's surprising is the surprise that Celtic would blatantly ignore rules and just happily plod along with their own self absorbtion in mind.

Through out my existence from the most trivial of circumstances to hard hitting criminal and vile behaviour they are only accountable to themselves, they circle the wagons and their accolites climb aboard and in a puff of smoke it all goes away....

The smell still lingers of course and serves as more food for everyone else to despise them just that little bit more. 

Horrible horrible club.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

This a 100% 

How do you even begin to take them to task when they hold so many influential people in positions of power serious question 

surly needs to be a call now for an Independent investigation into the governance of Scottish football

Spot on. But who’s going to instruct it to happen. 
Bonner called them the “leaders” of Scottish clubs last night, not entirely sure what he meant there. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Virtually their whole squad both seasons in other words would have got winners medals Dear oh dear Mikey. 

Lewis Stevenson has quite possibly LOST more cup finals than anyone else. That might be worth exploring lol

Indeed, I tried to edit that. 
Him and Hanlon must share that dubious record.
They’re both extremely limited players with one cap each for Scotland. Sounds familiar. 

Berra than you
10 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Yes.  I think I am correct in saying the bottom three in the Premier League, when the season first stopped, was different to the three at the end of the season. 

I can't quite remember if it was all three but certainly, across all leagues that were stopped and restarted there were clubs who escaped.

4 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

This a 100% 

Clubs have had at least two recent chances to push that forward but didn’t take them. 

When you have two huge money generating clubs in an ocean of shite it’s very difficult to get a quorum for change that would disadvantage them.

A breakaway led by a solid consortium of the other big clubs is the only thing I can see working.

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Cracking post. This bit, though: if it hadn't been for the SG stepping in to condemn their actions then it would have been swept under the carpet as per.

I am no fan of Sturgeon's politics but she is well aware of the cancerous effect football has on certain elements of Scottish society and she is more than happy to call it out when necessary. What she isn't going to do is start applying sanctions when 'football rules' are broken because governments usually do not interfere until the actions become criminal.