Budge out

glynnlondon

Gorgie Boot boy
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I wasn’t commenting on that, just questioning that not many people ask for proof then disagree anyway. Take you ire out on him, I couldn’t care less about what Budge did before she gave us a loan. 

I have a lot of time for Ann, i once called her Granny Annie and she wasn't happy. The loan was to secure the future of the club, other people have put in vast amounts money to back it up.The FoH and benefactors, not said a word against any of them. A couple of posters decided to take offense or umbrage with what i said. Still waiting on the post where i say Ann Budge is the front of the FoH, it won't appear as i didn't say it. What i have said is there to read.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Maroon Sailor

• Bazzas right boot

19 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I have a lot of time for Ann, i once called her Granny Annie and she wasn't happy. The loan was to secure the future of the club, other people have put in vast amounts money to back it up.The FoH and benefactors, not said a word against any of them. A couple of posters decided to take offense or umbrage with what i said. Still waiting on the post where i say Ann Budge is the front of the FoH, it won't appear as i didn't say it. What i have said is there to read.

I have read back the content of your posts. I agree you did not directly state Ann was the front of the FoH, and for that I apologise.

Edited by gowestjambo

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Again, I couldn’t care less about you’re wee argument about her being the front of the FoH or your wee chat with Budge. 
Take it up with whoever actually gives a ****. 

Gorgie Boot boy
16 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

I have read back the content of your posts. I agree you did not directly state Ann was the front of the FoH, and for that I apologise.

Thank you for clearing that part up, appreciate it. Not the end of what i did say though, surely ?

Gorgie Boot boy
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Again, I couldn’t care less about you’re wee argument about her being the front of the FoH or your wee chat with Budge. 
Take it up with whoever actually gives a ****. 

Don't direct comments at me then.

In fact, i have read back a few comments and realize you were not directly commenting about me.

Sorry

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

4 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Thank you for clearing that part up, appreciate it. Not the end of what i did say though, surely ?

What in particular are you referring to?

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, gowestjambo said:

What in particular are you referring to?

Please no. Not again.

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Don't direct comments at me then.

In fact, i have read back a few comments and realize you were not directly commenting about me.

Sorry

I didn’t direct any comment towards you, I was actually querying the post of the person who you were arguing with.
I didn’t say that you asked for proof of something and ignored it, just that quite a few people do it on this site. 
You have the wrong end of the stick and have jumped in on me when it’s someone else you have a problem with. 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t direct any comment towards you, I was actually querying the post of the person who you were arguing with.
I didn’t say that you asked for proof of something and ignored it, just that quite a few people do it on this site. 
You have the wrong end of the stick and have jumped in on me when it’s someone else you have a problem with. 

I thought i had covered that saying sorry. I haven't been arguing with anyone. Have been repeating myself though.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I thought i had covered that saying sorry. I haven't been arguing with anyone. Have been repeating myself though.

Apologies I replied without reading the whole post ffs 🙈😆 👍🏽

29 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Please no. Not again.

It is a perfectly clear request. If you want my comments give me the question. You seem to be deliberately obtuse.

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

It is a perfectly clear request. If you want my comments give me the question. You seem to be deliberately obtuse.

I am not, i already said everything to say in previous posts. It started when i said there were two other parties involved before Ann Budge appeared. The FOH were the way ahead. So one party stepped out, the other party backed Ann Budge and others. They still exist. My comment was that Ann was and is a front for a syndicate or consortium, my words. Not once did i say Ann was the front for the FOH. This was what i said. The same party are still in the back ground putting money in, like everyone else,

Gorgie Boot boy
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Apologies I replied without reading the whole post ffs 🙈😆 👍🏽

I edit posts so maybe that is why.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I edit posts so maybe that is why.

Me too, quite annoying if someone answers before you get it changed 🙈

16 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I am not, i already said everything to say in previous posts. It started when i said there were two other parties involved before Ann Budge appeared. The FOH were the way ahead. So one party stepped out, the other party backed Ann Budge and others. They still exist. My comment was that Ann was and is a front for a syndicate or consortium, my words. Not once did i say Ann was the front for the FOH. This was what i said. The same party are still in the back ground putting money in, like everyone else,

I do not disagree with what you have said. If Ann is part of a Consortium that are still around, I am surprised they are happy with our performances over the last number of years. I am also surprised they let Ann's brother build the new Stand!!

Gorgie Boot boy
12 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

I do not disagree with what you have said. If Ann is part of a Consortium that are still around, I am surprised they are happy with our performances over the last number of years. I am also surprised they let Ann's brother build the new Stand!!

So many questions can be asked about the last few years. The whole performance thing is down to the football department, Ann was let down by one person she trusted. He allowed things to deteriorate, Ann took time to react against her inner feeling. Craig had to go. The stand is a work of beauty, none of us would of known back then what was to come. Everything that could go wrong has,surely. Funding is not an issues for Us, the right timing and the right products are the way ahead. Ongoing in all areas. I think some people are offended by the use of syndicate or consortium, Hearts are better off because of all of them and Us. As far as i know the next stage on developments of the stand and other areas in the Stadium  were delayed due to Covid.

Gorgie Boot boy
37 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Me too, quite annoying if someone answers before you get it changed 🙈

Usually because of my shite spelling and grammar

Pasquale for King
Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Usually because of my shite spelling and grammar

My problem is my big thumb typing nonsense and autocorrect making it even worse. 

Gorgie Boot boy
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

My problem is my big thumb typing nonsense and autocorrect making it even worse. 

I am using a PC, have no excuse bar idiocy.

Interesting to see Ross County appointing their new manager within a week, and Motherwell looking to appoint within a similar timescale. Contrast with the 5 weeks Budge took to appoint Cathro, 4 weeks to appoint Levein and 5 weeks to appoint Stendel. 

10 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Interesting to see Ross County appointing their new manager within a week, and Motherwell looking to appoint within a similar timescale. Contrast with the 5 weeks Budge took to appoint Cathro, 4 weeks to appoint Levein and 5 weeks to appoint Stendel. 

-1 days to appoint Robbie though. 😎

7 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

I'm I wrong in thinking that Mrs Budge went away on holiday at some stage during the recruitment phase which held up negotiations, and as a consequence valuable weeks were lost at a time when the football side of things were screaming out for leadership?

Still, irrespective of all that 5 weeks is a ridiculous amount of time to make an appointment. 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

How interesting do you find it on a level from passing curiosity to engrossed? 

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

How interesting do you find it on a level from passing curiosity to engrossed? 

Similar to how I find it interesting a supposed hearts fan could say hubz winning the cup in 2016 was a “decent result”

2 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

I'm I wrong in thinking that Mrs Budge went away on holiday at some stage during the recruitment phase which held up negotiations, and as a consequence valuable weeks were lost at a time when the football side of things were screaming out for leadership?

Still, irrespective of all that 5 weeks is a ridiculous amount of time to make an appointment. 

Going by the way she put RN in position.

She now realises that he goody goody corporate process does not work in the pro-football environment.

She made a howling arse of it twice and the jury is out on the third :peepwall:

I've not included Cathro, as that was CLs appointment.

Hectormasson

5 weeks in which no games were won ?    Lucky if we gained point or 2       if any in fact,   terrible time ,that basically put us where we are now ,    with a major chunk of gfa help.....

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

Similar to how I find it interesting a supposed hearts fan could say hubz winning the cup in 2016 was a “decent result”

What level of interest did that peak?

49 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

5 weeks in which no games were won ?    Lucky if we gained point or 2       if any in fact,   terrible time ,that basically put us where we are now ,    with a major chunk of gfa help.....

We took 4 points from 5 games. That was actually a marginally better points per game record than either last season's Levein games or Stendel games. It might have been too long to appoint a manager but ti claim it is what put us where we are now is pretty far fetched.

What no one on this thread seems willing to acknowledge is that it took that long because by all accounts Stendel was playing hard to get. Stendel was who the majority of fans wanted. Also worth remembering that at that point the league season was pretty much a write-off but the vast majority of Hearts fans believed there was no way we would be relegated. Budge probably thought the same and so possibly thought it was better taking the time to make what she thought was the right appointment.

A pretty pointless example of selectively applying hindsight. If Ross County appoint a new manager quickly and get relegated, what will that prove? Equally, if the Stendel appointment had worked out, no one would have been complaining that we took too long.

On 03/01/2021 at 22:51, glynnlondon said:

Should have offered to swap tops with her mate

Can't imagine she'd have much call for a Hibs one.

On 05/01/2021 at 20:44, Hashimoto said:

Clearly you have never run a business. Appointing a manager, a senior position, isn’t something you do quickly. The fact some minor clubs do it quickly says more about them and their lack of professionalism.

18 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Clearly you have never run a business. Appointing a manager, a senior position, isn’t something you do quickly. The fact some minor clubs do it quickly says more about them and their lack of professionalism.

Not so sure that's strictly true, a lot of big clubs would get that sort of business sorted pronto. 

25 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

It could have been anticipated that the manager was leaving, or extremely likely to move, and a replacement found while manager was still in post. This happens quite often and would have been the best solution imo. 

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

Not sure this applies in football - check how quickly it took Spurs to sack Poch and install Jose, about 10 hours.

Owners generally do the groundwork prior to a sacking, as harsh as that sounds.

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not sure this applies in football - check how quickly it took Spurs to sack Poch and install Jose, about 10 hours.

Owners generally do the groundwork prior to a sacking, as harsh as that sounds.

Jose came with a long record of success. Doubt if Stendel, Levein or Robbie fit into that category. All have obvious limitations and I’m not surprised that 5 weeks are allocated to the hiring process.

1 hour ago, smiler said:

Not so sure that's strictly true, a lot of big clubs would get that sort of business sorted pronto. 

Big clubs attract great candidates. I love Hearts but we aren’t comparable to English premier clubs.

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

If you mean running a sweetie shop then, no I haven't!

But when it comes to running a business it is apparent that neither have you!  

Hearts were in a bit of a distressed state when Budge finally decided that enough was enough. Putting McPhee in charge was always going to be a temp measure, no way was he getting the job, despite the St Mirren result.

In football it is essential that you appoint leadership ASAP....Essential because this bunch of players needed taken in hand quickly, and for 5 or 6 weeks they basically had a p#ss take jolly under McPhee....Despite the usual soundbites  McPhee did not have that dressing room! 

The thing is that Budge mentioned that she had received lots (forgot the number) of applicants for the vacancy. sifting through that lot would have taken a couple of days at most. Stendel and Barnsley playing hardball...that could have been sorted out a lot quicker than it did...After all she did get her man in the end!!!!

I think we just have to accept that Budge does take an extraordinary amount of time when it comes to making appointments. Her cautious approach does not usually result in Hearts getting the right person in as history has shown.  

On 05/01/2021 at 20:44, Hashimoto said:

Seem to recall she was on holiday between Cathro and Levein. 

Could be wrong tho

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

If you mean running a sweetie shop then, no I haven't!

Hearts were in a bit of a distressed state when Budge finally decided that enough was enough. Putting McPhee in charge was always going to be a temp measure, no way was he getting the job, despite the St Mirren result.

In football it is essential that you appoint leadership ASAP....Essential because this bunch of players needed taken in hand quickly, and for 5 or 6 weeks they basically had a p#ss take jolly under McPhee....Despite the usual soundbites  McPhee did not have that dressing room! 

The thing is that Budge mentioned that she had received lots (forgot the number) of applicants for the vacancy. sifting through that lot would have taken a couple of days at most. Stendel and Barnsley playing hardball...that could have been sorted out a lot quicker than it did...After all she did get her man in the end!!!!

I think we just have to accept that Budge does take an extraordinary amount of time when it comes to making appointments. Her cautious approach does not usually result in Hearts getting the right person in as history has shown.  

You say there was no chance of McPhee getting appointed. I actually think Budge was desperate to appoint McPhee, to avoid the need to bother recruiting anyone else. Easier to stick with the yes men. Sadly, it transpired that he was (as many of us had been saying) a complete fraud and utterly shit. Budge obviously couldn’t establish that herself because she is clueless. She’ll have hated the idea of appointing Stendel because he was going to invade the holiday camp and rock the boat. 

You couldn’t be more wrong. I ran a company trading in intellectual property in over 50 countries and sold it five years ago for a considerable sum.

the rest of your post was an unsubstantiated rant.

4 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

You couldn’t be more wrong. I ran a company trading in intellectual property in over 50 countries and sold it five years ago for a considerable sum.

the rest of your post was an unsubstantiated rant.

Good for you....Congratulations on making good in a tough competitive market!...You must have had a good team working for you.

My post was anything but a rant.....And like the majority who post on Kickback....Information or knowledge on the inside workings at Tynecastle are mostly unsubstantiated.

I offered my opinion, you don't agree or like it.....Well that's tough!....You offered your opinion, a few, including myself offered a different view...that's life!.....

The "majority" of football clubs make swift appointments to fill key positions. Mrs Budge, rightly or wrongly does not!
History has shown that there has been no benefit to Hearts in Mrs Budge taking her time over key appointments.

RANT OVER!......😉  

4 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

The "majority" of football clubs make swift appointments to fill key positions. Mrs Budge, rightly or wrongly 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Only JKB could defend Budge taking five weeks to appoint a manager at a time when we were seriously in the shit.

It’s no surprise that she shows so much contempt with the fans. She Teflon and she knows it

Maroon Sailor
17 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Only JKB could defend Budge taking five weeks to appoint a manager at a time when we were seriously in the shit.

It’s no surprise that she shows so much contempt with the fans. She Teflon and she knows it

Thought Barnsley were playing hardball with Stendel

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don’t remember you making an issue of this at the time?

Classic JKB.

Wait for an opportunity to complain about something years after the event then cry like a baby.

Suck it up.

The fact that there is a Budge Out thread is frankly embarrassing. Without her there would be no club. Think about that. Utter nonsense.