Budge out

glynnlondon

Bad Religion
9 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Lets not forget Ann Budge was not an avid Hearts Supporter, her daughter that she attended games was. Her appointment of Neilson was not because he would have us competing for the League next season, but she knew him. She has surrounded herself with people she knows. Giving the Building of the new Stand to her brother, whose company had never undertaken anything of this magnitude was a huge mistake.

However, we are where we are, and the problem appears to me is there is no focus on winning Football Matches. I have never heard her show the emotion we all do when we lose. No one doubts what she did to save our Club, but the time is right for her to move on. When you hear comments from the Manager blaming the Referee, or players saying "you cant win all our games" - then it is obvious the message from the top is not what is needed to be a successful Football Club.

The longer Ann Budge stays in control, the longer we will plod along with no real vision.

cryinbg.jpg

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Maroon Sailor

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Boris said:

FoH has raised £20m? Impressive!

How pedantic, if you don’t class the contributors to the FoH £11m and benefactors as Hearts fans as “us” what are they?

6 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Lets not forget Ann Budge was not an avid Hearts Supporter, her daughter that she attended games was. Her appointment of Neilson was not because he would have us competing for the League next season, but she knew him. She has surrounded herself with people she knows. Giving the Building of the new Stand to her brother, whose company had never undertaken anything of this magnitude was a huge mistake.

However, we are where we are, and the problem appears to me is there is no focus on winning Football Matches. I have never heard her show the emotion we all do when we lose. No one doubts what she did to save our Club, but the time is right for her to move on. When you hear comments from the Manager blaming the Referee, or players saying "you cant win all our games" - then it is obvious the message from the top is not what is needed to be a successful Football Club.

The longer Ann Budge stays in control, the longer we will plod along with no real vision.

You can win all your games including the ones you lose I think they set out with that thought. It's just in reality, it's not likely to happen. 

All managers tend to criticize refs from Gerrard, Lennon, Goodwin, Ross, Neilson etc. But privately they will have also realised their faults and their team's after a humbling loss.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Just over £10m iirc. 

It’s over £11m now plus the £9m from the benefactors, bit he knew what I meant. Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit apparently. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

I generally disagree with all of this, but take extra exception to emotion part.

Being a slavering, angry, greetin' face,  loud emotional train wreck does not mean she cares less than someone who is. Caring about the club and being emotional aren't always linked, some folk just aren't that emotional in general, others are. Means **** all.

I've seen Matt Hancock cry on TV, emotions can also be faked or used to manipulate folk.

It just means she is and adult and maybe even professional in her approach to life and football.

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I generally disagree with all of this

Being a slavering, angry, greetin' face,  loud emotional train wreck does not mean she cares less than someone who is. Caring about the club and being emotional aren't always linked, some folk just aren't that emotional in general, others are. Means **** all.

I've seen Matt Hancock cry on TV, emotions can also be faked or used to manipulate folk.

It just means she is and adult and maybe even professional in her approach to life and football.

I would have been disappointed if you did not.

23 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

There were two other parties looking to buy Hearts, Anne Budge was the front of a syndicate.

Who were the two other parties?

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

How pedantic, if you don’t class the contributors to the FoH £11m and benefactors as Hearts fans as “us” what are they?

I guess it's about whether the benefactors would have stumped up irrespective of Budge or because of Budge.

FoH is "us", 100%, no questions asked.

Just now, gowestjambo said:

Wasn't one a Scandinavian based group. Ja? Wasn't aware or have forgotten the other.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

Not legally allowed to disclose that information, some are members of FOH the others are benefactors.

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Wasn't one a Scandinavian based group. Ja? Wasn't aware or have forgotten the other.

Some Italian dude that used to be involved in Livi?

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Norwegian

4 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

I vaguely remember a norwegian group but not convinced how serious they were. 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I vaguely remember a norwegian group but not convinced how serious they were. 

They stepped aside due to the forming of the FOH. If Hearts fc were up for sale, the same party would own Us.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Maroon Sailor
39 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Let's not forget she was the only person to rescue Hearts from oblivion.

Can't blame her for surrounding herself with people she knows as well

2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Not legally allowed to disclose that information, some are members of FOH the others are benefactors.

Thats strange, because I had an involvement with the original FoH, which included Alex Mackie (who was the principle mover and shaker, and I don't beleive received the recognition he should have). Brian Cormack, Jamie Bryant, Donald Ford and Garry Halliday. There was talk of some Scandinavians, but they were never serious. Ann Budge was not the front of the Syndicate.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, gowestjambo said:

Thats strange, because I had an involvement with the original FoH, which included Alex Mackie (who was the principle mover and shaker, and I don't beleive received the recognition he should have). Brian Cormack, Jamie Bryant, Donald Ford and Garry Halliday. There was talk of some Scandinavians, but they were never serious. Ann Budge was not the front of the Syndicate.

Without breaking any agreements, i can assure you the party was and is still serious. The Foundation Of Hearts are the life and soul of the club, until that changes it will never happen.

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

How well do you think that has worked over the last 5 years?

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He should never have been given the managers job, it was a disaster from start to finish and we are where we are because of him, she carries the can for all the good and the bad as she’s the boss. That’s how it works. 

You've never mentioned this before....

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I generally disagree with all of this, but take extra exception to emotion part.

Ann lacks the cynicism to operate in Scottish football (on the footballing side) and maybe a bit of self awareness?  Probably upset a few easily wound up folk with talk of everyone prospering in Scottish football when we rake in over 150k a month from fans. She should have sussed the game quickly like Vladimir did. Instead of huge wages, we needed hard  ***** that could also play and with a healthy dose of cynicism. This should have been Levein's instructions from the off with no diversions to  former under 16 dutch players who were once valued at 1m but played 4 games in the last two seasons.

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

How well do you think that has worked over the last 5 years?

What can you compare it with. Working with people she doesn't know ?

J.T.F.Robertson
55 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Yip, was her late dad would take her along to Tynie. Not that that fact makes Ann any less of a fan now.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

WE ARE IN THE ****ING CHAMPIONSHIP WITH A STRING OF FAILED MANAGERS AND PLAYERS THATS COST US MILLIONS. 

Stability 🙈

So changing manager and owner will help right?

And the survey says??

EEH EEH!!!

iwasthere1954
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was talking about the old two FoH lap dogs and the new one. They won’t do anything to rock the boat, unless the structure of the FoH is drastically changed. Even after we take over nothing will change and she can do what she wants and stay as long as she likes. 

Like every other plc she can be voted off the board when her present stint is finished. Thats if shareholders can be bothered voting. 

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, Boris said:

I guess it's about whether the benefactors would have stumped up irrespective of Budge or because of Budge.

FoH is "us", 100%, no questions asked.

Would they need to have if she was a bit more careful with the clubs money?

Pasquale for King
Just now, iwasthere1954 said:

Like every other plc she can be voted off the board when her present stint is finished. Thats if shareholders can be bothered voting. 

When is her present stint finished?

6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

What can you compare it with. Working with people she doesn't know ?

There is no comparison to be made. Results are the defining factor, nothing else.

However, when employing anyone for any job - many factors need to be taken into consideration. Successful Business people, employ the most qualified for the job, not just their pals....

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

She is to blame or congratulate for all on field and off field success and failures.  As head of it all - she does not get to cherry pick the good shit and blame others for the bad shit.

We have a manager who took the job for comfort.  He knows only too well that after a defeat or a poor run fo form his neck is not on the line.  He will not be scared being called into the owners office Monday morning.

It will be very cordial, they will share a pot of tea and Ann will say "Oh well robbie, we win some we lose some"

We reward failures on the park time and time again.  Renewed contracts, long contracts etc

We have such a high turnover of palyers there is no settled XI.  Managers know they can get the green light form Budge and will overspend and stock pile utter shite.

We are soft as shite, she has taken away the atmosphere and the general feeling on the field is 'a laugh' and 'comfort'.  No one has urgency becasue they know nothing will anger the owner.

She needs to say, no new players Robbie, we have spent enough.  Either get a tune from then or here are your jotters.  Failure will NEVER be accepted and it certainly will never be rewarded.

She wants Tynecastle to be welcoming for all, this sadly means away teams too.  She wants to be the oppositions friend.

She is a loser and we are losers because of it.

I like the cut of your jib.....some of the things you say on here seem to hit a bit of a raw nerve!

Stay strong and honest with yourself......There are others on this forum who take on board some of the things you say, albeit controversial at times.

Mrs Budge unfortunately will not go down in history as the custodian of the club during the golden period of Hearts football.

Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

There is no comparison to be made. Results are the defining factor, nothing else.

However, when employing anyone for any job - many factors need to be taken into consideration. Successful Business people, employ the most qualified for the job, not just their pals....

As long as I can remember football has been riddled with "jobs for the boys"

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Yip, was her late dad would take her along to Tynie. Not that that fact makes Ann any less of a fan now.

Or the fact her brother is a hibby and tells anyone who will listen he took her to ER too. Possibly why she has more affinity with them than the majority of us do. 

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I'm not privy to any details, but I imagine plans would be put in place for finding things. Apart from the overspend on the main stand, and whilst a bit of overspend could/should be expected but perhaps not as much, where else has money been used without care?

The playing budget was agreed, and it hasn't reaped the rewards expected, but that's the managers fault. Ultimately AB is responsible for that appointment, but waste comes from the manager(s).

Crux of this, and without wishing to sound like a scratched record, was keeping Levein on for too long. Perhaps compounded by appointing Neilson now. 

And that is perhaps the most important position at a football club. I'm not arguing that this aspect hasn't been a monumental **** up since RN left for MK Dons.

But we do seem to be building an infrastructure befitting our club, and that's a good thing, but at the moment infrastructure doesn't get you 3pts at Dens.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think one has to look at each thing and judge it on its merits. "Shite performance" means just that. Doesn't mean we're shite at the business side. Equally being good at the business side won't win you games. What it does do is let the club survive.

Ultimately though results are what matters, and I agree that the management of the first team has been continually poor and someone has to let AB know this, and perhaps she should let others decide.

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

You can though because it hasn’t worked, biggest mistake I made in my working life was surrounding myself with friends and family. 
She has not taken in McKinlay and Savage so things are looking up on that front.

48 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Were the Norwegians not a bunch of students....Not a chance were they serious bid contenders. There was only one show in town at that time.

Not to suggest that other serious parties might have shown up at the 11th hour!

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You can though because it hasn’t worked, biggest mistake I made in my working life was surrounding myself with friends and family. 
She has not taken in McKinlay and Savage so things are looking up on that front.

It would have been the natural thing for her to do.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Boris said:

I'm not privy to any details, but I imagine plans would be put in place for finding things. Apart from the overspend on the main stand, and whilst a bit of overspend could/should be expected but perhaps not as much, where else has money been used without care?

The playing budget was agreed, and it hasn't reaped the rewards expected, but that's the managers fault. Ultimately AB is responsible for that appointment, but waste comes from the manager(s).

Crux of this, and without wishing to sound like a scratched record, was keeping Levein on for too long. Perhaps compounded by appointing Neilson now. 

And that is perhaps the most important position at a football club. I'm not arguing that this aspect hasn't been a monumental **** up since RN left for MK Dons.

But we do seem to be building an infrastructure befitting our club, and that's a good thing, but at the moment infrastructure doesn't get you 3pts at Dens.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think one has to look at each thing and judge it on its merits. "Shite performance" means just that. Doesn't mean we're shite at the business side. Equally being good at the business side won't win you games. What it does do is let the club survive.

Ultimately though results are what matters, and I agree that the management of the first team has been continually poor and someone has to let AB know this, and perhaps she should let others decide.

Spot on. 
You’ve covered it well 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It would have been the natural thing for her to do.

Having said that she didn’t know Levein. 
Natural (order) or not it’s proven to be a mistake, because of her friendship with Levein she found it difficult to see the disastrous job he did and took far too long to relieve him of a job he shouldn’t have been given. 

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

So changing manager and owner will help right?

And the survey says??

EEH EEH!!!

If they aren’t doing the job required then change must happen, have I said the manger should be replaced? 
Im not banned before you say it, and I’m extremely happy with the work she’s done on that front but now to start on the away fans. 
We are all banned just now 🙈.

21 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Were the Norwegians not a bunch of students....Not a chance were they serious bid contenders. There was only one show in town at that time.

Not to suggest that other serious parties might have shown up at the 11th hour!

No one in FoH took them seriously, another Poster on here is suggesting otherwise.

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Her biggest achievements after 6 years as we rot away in the second tier is a schoolgirls team and a ****ing restaurant.

So you don’t think saving the club from administration was a good achievement. 

Maroon Sailor
14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Having said that she didn’t know Levein. 
Natural (order) or not it’s proven to be a mistake, because of her friendship with Levein she found it difficult to see the disastrous job he did and took far too long to relieve him of a job he shouldn’t have been given. 

She was pretty keen to get Levein in for some reason and Budgement day wasn't long in coming.

I think we all agree Levein was manager for too long but he didn't help matters by being stubborn.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

The new stand could never have been completed without that money. No way could the club afford the over-spend. 

47 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

She was pretty keen to get Levein in for some reason and Budgement date wasn't long in coming.

I think we all agree Levein was manager for too long but he didn't help matters by being stubborn.

I don't think any of us were to disappointed when she rolled into town with Levein at her side. My only disappointment at the time was giving the HC job to a complete novice. and probably the unfair treatment handed out to Locke.....
Unfair on the basis that the club had been hit with a 15 point penalty, and left with a bunch of kids (talented kids) to operate with. I thought Gary deserved the chance to manage under the new regime.

The Scottish Cup final should have been Levein's swan song...But I feel that his dual, multi role at the club complicated all that!
History has shown that the wrong direction has been taken on many front's and that has only manifested itself on us mere supporters by the alarming drop in standards on the playing front over a number of years.

It is not by accident that we are where we are now!

COVID has come along, and nobody want's to use this horrible virus as an excuse, but it has served up as a distraction, and in some way allowed breathing space for some, and allowed others too conveniently forget how we got into this situation in the 1st place.  

Ann Budge handling of the legal battle v The SPFL was worrying, and you just got the feeling that the SPFL had it under control despite us having all the the moral grounds. No way was Ann winning that fight.
More worrying was the passive, meek nature in which she accepted defeat. However, having watched the documentary should I be surprised!....Just thinking back, how awful were those club statements, no fire in the belly, just roll over!

Not wishing to revert back to Romanov, but whether or not you liked him, or not he would have bulldozed his way through the people that stitched his club up, There most definitely would not have been any diplomatic language used......However, for me the most important thing is he would have had 100% support from the fan base behind him as he bombarded the media SPFL, SFA and those other weasel clubs. 

Finally.....What has Ann Budge learn't from the past 6-years? Definitely that fans are fickle, some are more patient than others.
But more importantly from the footballing side of things.....Football and it's authorities are not run by gentlemen and is not a place for being nice and pleasant..... 

Edited by Hashimoto

52 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

So you don’t think saving the club from administration was a good achievement. 

Yes of course. But there were 8,500 people who done that. Me being one. The only difference is that 8,499 don't get a penny back.

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

I don't think any of us were to disappointed when she rolled into town with Levein at her side. My only disappointment at the time was giving the HC job to a complete novice. and probably the unfair treatment handed out to Locke.....
Unfair on the basis that the club had been hit with a 15 point penalty, and left with a bunch of kids (talented kids) to operate with. I thought Gary deserved the chance to manage under the new regime.

The Scottish Cup final should have been Levein's swan song...But I feel that his dual, multi role at the club complicated all that!
History has shown that the wrong direction has been taken on many front's and that has only manifested itself on us mere supporters by the alarming drop in standards on the playing front over a number of years.

It is not by accident that we are where we are now!

COVID has come along, and nobody want's to use this horrible virus as an excuse, but it has served up as a distraction, and in some way allowed breathing space for some, and allowed others too conveniently forget how we got into this situation in the 1st place.  

Ann Budge handling of the legal battle v The SPFL was worrying, and you just got the feeling that the SPFL had it under control despite us having all the the moral grounds. No way was Ann winning that fight.
More worrying was the passive, meek nature in which she accepted defeat. However, having watched the documentary should I be surprised!....Just thinking back, how awful were those club statements, no fire in the belly, just roll over!

Not wishing to revert back to Romanov, but whether or not you liked him he would have bulldozed his way through the people that stitched his club up, There most definitely would not have been any diplomatic language used......However, for me the most important thing is he would have had 100% support from the fan base behind him as he bombarded the media SPFL, SFA and those other weasel clubs. It would have at least been some minor compensation.

Finally.....What has Ann Budge learn't from the past 6-years? Definitely that fans are fickle, some are more patient than others.
But more importantly from the footballing side of things.....Football and it's authorities are not run by gentlemen and is not a place for being nice and pleasant..... 

Decent post

Taking on the suits in Glasgow only ever comes to one conclusion though. You don't win

The game up here is so corrupt it's just not worth even trying anymore.

Romanov or Budge ?

I want a Heart of Midlothian to support

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Decent post

Taking on the suits in Glasgow only ever comes to one conclusion though. You don't win

The game up here is so corrupt it's just not worth even trying anymore.

Romanov or Budge ?

I want a Heart of Midlothian to support

Yes agreed, makes you wonder why we stick it out against such blatant adversity. It also asks the question "Why would a rich, ambitious new owner want to get involved in something so serious loaded in favour of 2 bigoted clubs?"

Romanov or Budge?...Can I be greedy?....A bit of both please!

The world banking collapse saw the demise of Romanov, however the worrying signs as far as Hearts were concerned were already there.  Romanov just got bored with the whole Scottish scene. 

We do have a Heart of Midlothian to support.....but it is a shadow of a Hearts team we should reasonably expect! 

Jamstomorrow
On 03/01/2021 at 18:49, davemclaren said:

He doesn’t start until tomorrow. 😄

Officially.   I suspect it will just be a matter of time before the panty-wetters want him . . .   oot!

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, gowestjambo said:

No one in FoH took them seriously, another Poster on here is suggesting otherwise.

? the poster never said the FOH took the Party seriously, the FOH became the focus for the future and the party stepped aside. It wasn't the first time they had tried to buy the club either.

58 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Yes of course. But there were 8,500 people who done that. Me being one. The only difference is that 8,499 don't get a penny back.

The 8500 didn’t save Hearts from admin. She did.