Budge out

glynnlondon

43 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Off topic but I went in to the Hearts store just before xmas and a staff member was there. She was overweight and wore a jumper saying 'Big Hearts Staff' almost ended myself laughing.

Incidentally the shop is shite. Mostly all tops are S, M and large. I am XXL and there was nothing. If I had a £100 voucher for the place i'd struggle to spend it. 

Should have offered to swap tops with her mate

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Maroon Sailor

• Bazzas right boot

been here before
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Off topic but I went in to the Hearts store just before xmas and a staff member was there. She was overweight and wore a jumper saying 'Big Hearts Staff' almost ended myself laughing.

Incidentally the shop is shite. Mostly all tops are S, M and large. I am XXL and there was nothing. If I had a £100 voucher for the place i'd struggle to spend it. 

Aye that really happened.

julienbrellier

Most of the "Budge out" crew are either Hibs fans or attention seekers. To humour the few Jambos on here that might be in that category perhaps think about what she's done for this club before slating her. I'm not saying she's immune from criticism and she rightfully got some when she was dragging her heels over Levein.

Will always have my respect for saving Hearts by going into her own pocket and there are lots of other good things that have happened since she bought hearts. If we look at where we are it really isn't that bad. Clear top of the league with a game in hand over Dundee and we were a fraction away from winning the cup. There are too many poor performances for sure and we can't continue blowing these types of games when we have seen what this team is capable of. Honestly a team of internationals and one of the strongest in scotland that should compete in the SC again this season.

Can't see Haring playing like that again, was surely a one off.

On 03/01/2021 at 00:28, NANOJAMBO said:

Where are her on-field successes ? 

I’d say that we have a field and a team to play on it is a success cos without her we wouldn’t have.

Shes not perfect by a long shot and seems to prioritise managers she feels she can trust over managers who might make us better to watch but you can’t deny without her intervention we’d have been ******!

4 hours ago, a11ank said:

Bit of an own goal!

She probably looked at you and almost ended herself laughing, thinking to herself "good luck to you 'big boy' finding something to fit you in here"! 

She would have fancied me for sure.

2 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

Most of the "Budge out" crew are either Hibs fans or attention seekers. To humour the few Jambos on here that might be in that category perhaps think about what she's done for this club before slating her. I'm not saying she's immune from criticism and she rightfully got some when she was dragging her heels over Levein.

Will always have my respect for saving Hearts by going into her own pocket and there are lots of other good things that have happened since she bought hearts. If we look at where we are it really isn't that bad. Clear top of the league with a game in hand over Dundee and we were a fraction away from winning the cup. There are too many poor performances for sure and we can't continue blowing these types of games when we have seen what this team is capable of. Honestly a team of internationals and one of the strongest in scotland that should compete in the SC again this season.

Surely Hibs fans would be 'Budge-In'?

This gets my tits, maybe, and I mean just maybe the 'Budge-Out crew' (of which there are many) are passionate Jambos who just see Budge as a disaster?

Budge is a ****ing disaster and with everyday destroys our club that little bit more.  It is impossible to not feel the general weakness of our club right now? We have the feel of a club that is being run by a grandmother.  

It is the majority of Hearts fans that want her out now, no doubt. Not Hibees or attention seekers but Hearts fans who see what is happening.

6 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

Tell us what football succs6she has brought in six years.   You are saying that those want her out are hibs fans as the only thing she was gotten wrong is not sacking levein sooner?

Fans wouldn't want her out if we were delivering on the football side.  

So she has been a success for us football wise?  

She has been on charge and has hired everyone that has helped get us where we are. 

You seem to be another one who doesn't think she is responsible for anything thats went wrong. 

Tell us what she has done right regarding the first team?  

If accusing those wanting her out as Hibs fans is all you've got  then you are desperate.  

21 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Her biggest mistake was her loyalty to Levein. it was clear for a very long time it wasn't working but he really should have done the honourable thing and not put her in to a position like that.

There is obviously a mutual admiration between the two so he could've done the right thing by her and the club.

Last night was just abysmal and that comes down to everybody involved with the game plan and the execution of it. Both piss poor to say the least.

We tend to get beat with that ref but I can't even blame him this time.

The Levein obsession is still there, reflected in her appointment of Robbie. 

15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

The Levein obsession is still there, reflected in her appointment of Robbie. 

Cant see the connection between RN and Levein. My recollection is that Robbie couldn’t wait to get away from Levein, hence his move down south. AB has admitted she was to loyal to CL but so were the vast majority on Kickback. Few on here, if any are willing to admit they backed Levein even when things were going badly.

Just now, OldGorgie said:

Cant see the connection between RN and Levein. My recollection is that Robbie couldn’t wait to get away from Levein, hence his move down south. AB has admitted she was to loyal to CL but so were the vast majority on Kickback. Few on here, if any are willing to admit they backed Levein even when things were going badly.

Why did Levein appoint Robbie in the first place? Because he saw a young coach with similar principles on how the game should be played (slow, possession-based, cautious, set out to contain opposition threat etc)

Nothing has changed in the intervening years. Robbie still plays the same way and there is very little difference in styles between the two even now. 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Why did Levein appoint Robbie in the first place? Because he saw a young coach with similar principles on how the game should be played (slow, possession-based, cautious, set out to contain opposition threat etc)

Again my recollection is that under Robbie we won the Championship with a record goals tally and points total, in a league containing Hibs and Rangers. So you can hardly say we were cautious and slow under him.

I take your point that we are currently not getting out of first gear until half time. My own view is that we are still suffering from Levein’s legacy. The academy and the scouting regime was until recently still Levein’s as is half the team. I think people don’t quite realise the damage Levein did to the club.

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Absolutely bang on, 👍🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

Bazzas right boot

Can we just get a a mega thread called "everyone oot"! 

Can't beat a "oot" thread. 

It's rinse and repeat since Robbie had us in 2nd place in the top flight. 

Get x person oot, no thought to the what next. 

Even with CL oot, I did say removing CL was the easy part and not even half a plan, the hard part is who replaces him. Stendel did, then Robbie. The same crowd are now at it with him. 

In regards to Budge, we would have made a £3m loss plus this season if it wasn't for the benefactors, do folk think Budge is influential in these donations and if so who is replacing her and filling  that financial gap. 

Savage starts soon and iirc correctly we have a new sporting director, we also sit well placed for promotion. 

She's made changes, big ones. 

Let them play out, calm doon, remove the pants from your head and back the club to get promoted. 

X person oot hasn't worked since Robbie left the First time. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Her biggest achievements after 6 years as we rot away in the second tier is a schoolgirls team and a ****ing restaurant.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Her biggest achievements after 6 years as we rot away in the second tier is a schoolgirls team and a ****ing restaurant.

Thankfully we have fans that contribute to FOH and buy season tickets that will see us through and back up next season. 

Will you be joining us, or still not caring or supporting the club in any way? 

Bad Religion
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Thankfully we have fans that contribute to FOH and buy season tickets that will see us through and back up next season. 

He's banned.

10 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

Whoever runs this site could probably do some interesting analytics on posters and their content. I'm only a casual visitor but even I recognise the same old folk posting their virtual hate for Craig Levein, Robbie Neilson and Anne. 

Yes, all have deserved criticism at various points. Mostly Craig over the past few years. But its the same folk with the same agenda, and I don't see many of their posts when things are good, or a balanced view.

Signings have been pretty crappy over the past while. But when did we consistantly sign great players? Craig should have been moved on long before he did, and Neilson is a relatively young manager still cutting his teeth. And we don't pay Man City wages. And Anne's high profile has meant any mistakes or things that end up not working out as planned are turned into a stick to beat her.

There we go. But, I'm a Hearts fan, want us to be the best we can and do all of us proud, win some trophies and conti je to crush the wee team.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I do support us financially.  In the past month for example I have purchased 2 x ppv games and bought a Heart of Midlothian Glasses Case (very nice by the way).

As long  as that woman is in charge I will not but a ST no.  I will also never re-subscrive to FoH.

I don't like her and see her as a disaster for HMFC.

I am not in the Budge Oot camp as the vast majority of what she has done has been excellent, however and taking into account we are a football club, the football dept. has been a disaster and as such has seen us waste millions. In my opinion to enable the club to move forward ( we have gone back for 5 years ), we need certain things to change to bring about the freshness we desperately need. We need the shares to be transferred asap, we can then after a short period of time elect a new board. On that board there has to be at least 2 with football knowledge. Ann stays but should have no input what so ever in any football related matters. That should be up to the 2 on the board and the CEO. Each person should have their clearly defined roles and not one person decides everything as would appear to be the case at present. There is one thing being a fanatic, but another being a blind fanatic and that is where many are. i8hibs goes over the top on many things but he also says much that is true much to the annoyance of those who refuse to see what is/has happened.   

been here before
34 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I do support us financially.  In the past month for example I have purchased 2 x ppv games and bought a Heart of Midlothian Glasses Case (very nice by the way).

As long  as that woman is in charge I will not but a ST no.  I will also never re-subscrive to FoH.

I don't like her and see her as a disaster for HMFC.

Oh aye. Mind one of the ones you claim to have "bought" seemed to have a different commentator from the rest of us.

How come you cant manage to support us by going to a game though?

Travelling distance from Gorgie too much for you?

Seriously can the mods do something about this little weasel?  An absolute whimp of an individual, spends all day abusing me.  What a sad pathetic little man he is.

Ex member of the SaS

I can understand how some feel but lets be straight here, Budge does not pick the team or tactics ( we moaned enough when Romanov did that ) neither does she sign the players. The manager identifies who he wants and a team sit down and try to make a deal happen. Badge maybe to blame for many mistakes ( not least backing Levein ) but she can't be blamed for team performances

14 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Spot on. I had the unfortunate experience buying for my father in law at the hubs shop but have to say their choice of merchandise out strips ours. 

On 03/01/2021 at 10:47, kingantti1874 said:

We are all angry and disappointed , we are not all ****ing stupid enough to demand we throw out our source of funding when we lose a game though.

Moronic 

Absofeckinlutely!! Never were truer words uttered.

Maroon Sailor

You are using the pish on the park to throw at Ann.

Off the pitch we are looking good and that is largely down to her.

20 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I can understand how some feel but lets be straight here, Budge does not pick the team or tactics ( we moaned enough when Romanov did that ) neither does she sign the players. The manager identifies who he wants and a team sit down and try to make a deal happen. Badge maybe to blame for many mistakes ( not least backing Levein ) but she can't be blamed for team performances

Appointing the right manager for the club is a crucial thing,she has failed this,job for her pals.

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, ford donald said:

Appointing the right manager for the club is a crucial thing,she has failed this,job for her pals.

No complaints when we were flying with Robbie last time.

Levein was in charge of the football department and he got too big for even his ego

Ex member of the SaS
7 minutes ago, ford donald said:

In some respects I can agree, What confused me was she stated they had numerous applications when Stendle was appointed BUT none of those were reconsidered when Robbie was signed.

Surely if we had quality applications they should have been re-interviewed or at least given some consideration. I get the impression after such a long drawn out affair getting Stendle she jumped at the easy option.

13 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

She is to blame or congratulate for all on field and off field success and failures.  As head of it all - she does not get to cherry pick the good shit and blame others for the bad shit.

We have a manager who took the job for comfort.  He knows only too well that after a defeat or a poor run fo form his neck is not on the line.  He will not be scared being called into the owners office Monday morning.

It will be very cordial, they will share a pot of tea and Ann will say "Oh well robbie, we win some we lose some"

We reward failures on the park time and time again.  Renewed contracts, long contracts etc

We have such a high turnover of palyers there is no settled XI.  Managers know they can get the green light form Budge and will overspend and stock pile utter shite.

We are soft as shite, she has taken away the atmosphere and the general feeling on the field is 'a laugh' and 'comfort'.  No one has urgency becasue they know nothing will anger the owner.

She needs to say, no new players Robbie, we have spent enough.  Either get a tune from then or here are your jotters.  Failure will NEVER be accepted and it certainly will never be rewarded.

She wants Tynecastle to be welcoming for all, this sadly means away teams too.  She wants to be the oppositions friend.

She is a loser and we are losers because of it.

Edited by i8hibsh

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Can we just get a a mega thread called "everyone oot"! 

Can't beat a "oot" thread. 

It's rinse and repeat since Robbie had us in 2nd place in the top flight. 

Get x person oot, no thought to the what next. 

Even with CL oot, I did say removing CL was the easy part and not even half a plan, the hard part is who replaces him. Stendel did, then Robbie. The same crowd are now at it with him. 

In regards to Budge, we would have made a £3m loss plus this season if it wasn't for the benefactors, do folk think Budge is influential in these donations and if so who is replacing her and filling  that financial gap. 

Savage starts soon and iirc correctly we have a new sporting director, we also sit well placed for promotion. 

She's made changes, big ones. 

Let them play out, calm doon, remove the pants from your head and back the club to get promoted. 

X person oot hasn't worked since Robbie left the First time. 

X person out might have worked if we’d ever actually removed her.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

She is to blame for on field and off field success and failures.  As head of it all - she does not get cherry pick the good shit and blame others for the bad shit.

We have a manager who took the job for comfort.  He knows only too well that after a defeat or a poor run fo form his neck is not on the line.  He will not be scared being called into the owners office Monday morning.

It will be very cordial, they will share a pot of tea and Ann will say "Oh well robbie, we win some we lose some"

We reward failures on the park time and time again.  Renewed contracts, long contracts etc

We have such a high turnover of palyers there is no settled XI.  Managers know they can get the green light form Budge and will overspend and stock pile utter shite.

We are soft as shite, she has taken away the atmosphere and the general feeling on the field is 'a laugh' and 'comfort'.  No one has urgency becasue they know nothing will anger the owner.

She needs to say, no new players Robbie, we have spent enough.  Either get a tune from then or here are your jotters.  Failure will NEVER be accepted and it certainly will never be rewarded.

She wants Tynecastle to be welcoming for all, this sadly means away teams too.  She wants to be the oppositions friend.

Many don’t like Robbie as a manager but very few teams sack one when they are top of the league they are in. He’ll be here to the end of this season at least. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Many don’t like Robbie as a manager but very few teams sack one when they are top of the league they are in. He’ll be here to the end of this season at least. 

Not asking for or want him to be sacked Dave. I want him to know his job is not unconditionally safe.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Not asking for or want him to be sacked Dave. I want him to know his job is not unconditionally safe.

To rephrase then - I think it's safe as long as we stay on track for promotion. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
20 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

As chairperson, she has a responsibility for both. 

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

As chairperson, she has a responsibility for both. 

Responsible for both yes but she can't micro manage.

Sometimes you have to trust and definitely rely on the people under your leadership.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor
24 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

She is to blame or congratulate for all on field and off field success and failures.  As head of it all - she does not get to cherry pick the good shit and blame others for the bad shit.

I think Robbie knows what needs to be done and where we need to strengthen. He has inherited a load of pish

If Ann gives the green light and he manages to get players he wants, is it Ann's fault if they turn out to be duff ?

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Even popular ones can be sacked by those very few teams can’t they?

75F6E4AA-CE0E-4FD0-AAD6-C8F8359858AD.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I think Robbie knows what needs to be done and where we need to strengthen. He has inherited a load of pish

If Ann gives the green light and he manages to get players he wants, is it Ann's fault if they turn out to be duff ?

Yes.  She is head of recruitment and she has the worst scouting network in the history of football under her.  A scouting network who think the next best thing is in their women's Own or Bella magazines.

It is also her fault we have so many players not fit for purpose and we should not be allowed to bring any players in till we offload the deadwood.

There is not one person at the entire club who I would trust to bring in a suitable successful player for us.  FFS if what I hear is to be believed we gave Loic Damour a 4 year deal based on Clevid Dikamonas referal.

42 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Off the pitch we are looking good and that is largely down to James Anderson.

FTFY

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Responsible for both yes but she can't micro manage.

Sometimes you have to trust and definitely rely on the people under your leadership.

Like Levein?

7 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Ultimately yes as she hired him. 

Seriously can the mods do something about this little weasel?  An absolute whimp of an individual, spends all day abusing me.  What a sad pathetic little man he is.

Are you Piers Morgan?

A head of an organisation may not be directly responsible for failures, poor staffing and wasted finances but she is indirectly.  The buck stops with her.  When she sees failure she should act, but she never has.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

No but it’s her fault for appointing someone who isn’t fit for purpose.

This is the point. She struggles to get it right constantly.

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Even popular ones can be sacked by those very few teams can’t they?

75F6E4AA-CE0E-4FD0-AAD6-C8F8359858AD.jpeg

Huge mistake. 😕

KyleLafferty

I appreciate what Budge has done for the club in terms of off the field structure. But on the pitch for 4 years it’s been shocking, players have left, coaches have left, managers have left, but she remains and we are still shite.

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Like Levein?

Ultimately yes as she hired him. 

Like Levein

She brought him in from the start and let him get on with the football side of things. 

It was working well before Robbie went to MK Dons

Second point I disagree  You shouldn't carry the can for showing faith in someone's better knowledge. That's why Levein felt sorry for her for sacking him.

He should have fell on his sword after the 19 cup final and most of us knew that.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No but it’s her fault for appointing someone who isn’t fit for purpose.

This is the point. She struggles to get it right constantly.

I think the purpose this season is to get us back into the top flight. I still think Robbie is fit for that. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Like Levein

She brought him in from the start and let him get on with the football side of things. 

It was working well before Robbie went to MK Dons

Second point I disagree  You shouldn't carry the can for showing faith in someone's better knowledge. That's why Levein felt sorry for her for sacking him.

He should have fell on his sword after the 19 cup final and most of us knew that.

He should never have been given the managers job, it was a disaster from start to finish and we are where we are because of him, she carries the can for all the good and the bad as she’s the boss. That’s how it works. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Huge mistake. 😕

Indeed, but shows we are one club who has done it unfortunately. It won’t happen with Neilson though and although I’m not overly happy with him it would be ridiculous to do so.