• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Maroon Sailor

• Bazzas right boot

28 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

Happy new year sooner she can plant her arse beside the pieman every other Saturday the better

Bed time!

lost in space

She seems to be stepping back, appointing Savage and Mckenzie (if that is the name).

Pity she didnt appoint these 2 before Neilson.

Club would be "owned" by FoH if not for covid.

And Budge does not pick team - or have responsibilty for tactics or motivation.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, lost in space said:

She seems to be stepping back, appointing Savage and Mckenzie (if that is the name).

Pity she didnt appoint these 2 before Neilson.

Club would be "owned" by FoH if not for covid.

And Budge does not pick team - or have responsibilty for tactics or motivation.

Not sure what Budge actually does take responsibility for tbh

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
39 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

just the good things mate

award for the orchestra helping to trash the new pitch

community stuff etc

teaming-up with hibs on initiatives 

moral high ground lending st mirren Bobby etc

stuff like that mate

:)

Agreed, who urged her to appoint Robbie Neilson as it’s clear from how long it took her to get rid of Levein that she has absolutely no footballing knowledge. 

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

This place after a defeat :rofl:

Not just a defeat though was it.

That first half performance was one of the worst I have ever seen in supporting Hearts for over fifty years. 

It was ******* embarrassing to say the least. 

They shat their pants as soon as that first tackle went in on Naismith. 

Neilson out thought by Jake McPake. 

Says it all really. 

Ann was shocking in that first half. 

Who would have believed that Haring would have a nightmare?  Obviously Ann should have binned him when he was injured.

You guys are a parody on football supporters.  The BoJo generation!

Edited by colinmaroon

baron of ness
1 hour ago, glynnlondon said:

Happy new year sooner she can plant her arse beside the pieman every other Saturday the better

Do one ,you stink.

Bazzas right boot

After a defeat I have images of folk punching walls, rocking backward and forwards in a chair and smashing their head against a key board, howling at the moon and pouring custard over their heads. 

28 minutes ago, greggy123 said:

Agreed, who urged her to appoint Robbie Neilson as it’s clear from how long it took her to get rid of Levein that she has absolutely no footballing knowledge. 

A women in her 70s running the third biggest club in the country even though she has never worked in football before, and the last few years have proved this.  Out of her depth.  Apart from the the club running better financially, what are her successes? 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

After a defeat I have images of folk punching walls, rocking backward and forwards in a chair and smashing their head against a key board, howling at the moon and pouring custard over their heads. 

i think the technical term for this is “projection”

chin-up mate we’ll still finish top of this particular heap (almost certainly)

;)

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

A women in her 70s running the third biggest club in the country even though she has never worked in football before, and the last few years have proved this.  Out of her depth.  Apart from the the club running better financially, what are her successes? 

Why is her gender or age of importance?

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

i think the technical term for this is “projection”

chin-up mate we’ll still finish top of this particular heap (almost certainly)

;)

We will do. 

We might get beat another few times tho.. 

I reckon 4 or 5 defeats over the season. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Where are her on-field successes ? 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I couldn't pour the custard over my head because I'd broken my hands punching the wall. :( 

Rookie mistake, you need to pour the custard over your head first. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Where are her on-field successes ? 

I generally blame the manager and the players for the stuff happening on the field. 

At 70, her playing and coaching days are behind her I reckon. 

Just now, jonesy said:

Belter of an overhead kick she scored to complete her hat-trick against Hibs at ER.

Fair enough, I'd forgotten that. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I generally blame the manager and the players for the stuff happening on the field. 

At 70, her playing and coaching days are behind her I reckon. 

That's the consequences of her stewardship, not her on-field successes. 

Not this again!! Some people have no idea how lucky we are to have her running our club. She doesn’t pick the team. 🤦🏽

Bazzas right boot
Just now, jonesy said:

Confession time: I actually poured the keyboard over my head, howled at the custard and head-butted the moon.

😂😂😂😂

My wife just said, Wtf you laughing at. 

2 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Not this again!! Some people have no idea how lucky we are to have her running our club. She doesn’t pick the team. 🤦🏽

No she doesn't pick the team but, she does pick the manager who picks the team.

21 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good point.  We've got someone who has never run a football club before and it shows.  Apart from bringing in investment, what are her successes?  Are you really still thinking that she is going to turn this around?  What football decision has she got right?  You are still peddling the it'll get better next season line.  You've been saying that for three seasons.  It's time for her to go.  

27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Are you going to do your usual jumping about pulling folk up for how they word things rather than answer questions?  What are her on field successes?   

Do you think how she let stendel know he had been replaced was handed well?  

She doesn't know how to run a football club and we are on the receiving end of this. 

J.T.F.Robertson
54 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Who would have believed that Haring would have a nightmare?  Obviously Ann should have binned him when he was injured.

Colin, I don't blame Ann for the performances on the field but I have come to the acceptance that at a time when, at least in theory, we have never been in a better financial position our club has gone from one screw up to another, whether it be the cost overrun on the stand, the hybrid pitch or whatever.

But what is really wearing me down is the football side of things. Here we are five or more years into "the plan" and if anything we're regressing. Seems no lessons are learned, still signing mediocre shite and still (re)employing the old guard.

I don't think I have ever openly criticised Ann previously, but as far as the football side of things go it's been a complete shit-show and no end in sight. 

I "know" her from way back and will always thank her for stepping forward when she did, but there's no getting away from the fact that if she'd run her IT business the way she's run Hearts, chances are she'd have had to give it away.

We are a shambles where it counts most ..... on the field, and at a time, with the right guidance, we should be so much better.

Years of this and it's wearing me doon.

Not sure how many times I can be arsed saying this.

As long as that woman is in charge of our club we will always be losers.

She is a ****ing disaster.

Cut The Crap

The entire club is shaped in her “it’s-the-taking-part-that-matters” image. Until that changes, we’ll never achieve the potential we have.

SpruceBringsteen

No really interested in the "Budge out" patter. That's FOH's side of things to correct.

There's no denying we've been an utter soft touch on the footballing side since she ponied up the cash though, and I'd rather win games than make pals.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

Good point.  We've got someone who has never run a football club before and it shows.  Apart from bringing in investment, what are her successes?  Are you really still thinking that she is going to turn this around?  What football decision has she got right?  You are still peddling the it'll get better next season line.  You've been saying that for three seasons.  It's time for her to go.  

Do football folk own every other club? 

6 hours ago, credit card said:

You going sell your superyacht and buy her out then?

She's already been fully repaid PLUS a decent wedge in interest during these testing financial times. 

If you had a blow up dinghy you could buy her out.

6 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

People are disappointed and angry because they care deeply for their club.

Meanwhile you are still quite happy to post your smartarse comments about fans after such a shocking performance/result.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Some people just don't realise how lucky we are to have Mrs Budge at the football club in my opinion 

She’s the Ken Bates of Scottish football. Taking us nowhere while people tell us how lucky we are.

Independence
9 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

It's pathetic. Keyboard warriors, football experts (not) and loads of vermin. 

Ainsley Harriott
9 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Mass hysteria doesn't even come close. Mad Ann ooooooout

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Some people just don't realise how lucky we are to have Mrs Budge at the football club in my opinion 

Lucky for a brief period now she lingers like a bad smell.

Jamstomorrow
7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Not sure how many times I can be arsed saying this.

As long as that woman is in charge of our club we will always be losers.

She is a ****ing disaster.

I have a suggestion for you.  Make your life easier . . . .  don't bother saying it again!

We lose, Budge oot, Neilson is the worst etc... should have appointed Dross/Wright/Robinson and signed Shankland. Any positivity and you're a happy clapper etc...

Win, Budge is great, Neilson made great game changing substitutions etc...

Can we just divide the forum into two. The same old same old who still bring up Levein and say the same stuff about 'Budge killing the club' etc... can get half and I'll log into the other one.

The interesting and insightful chat and comments from some great posters here is getting harder to find and reasonable discussion looks harder to engage in. I find myself skipping more and more in here.

Finlay James
8 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

This 100%

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

People are disappointed and angry because they care deeply for their club.

Meanwhile you are still quite happy to post your smartarse comments about fans after such a shocking performance/result.

Some comments deserve nothing but smart arse replies. Utter drivel. 

If you think the only folk that care are the ones that slag everything Hearts, get angry and scream about sacking Budge and Robbie them I don't know what to tell you. 

8 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

I’d suggest that she is the financial brain and she uses football advisors. on this score she seems to be doing a decent job. 

She just can’t pick a decent advisor. CL just does not have it anymore and JJ is a legend but getting on in years. They need someone who knows the modern game advising Ann. 

To be honest I think Hearts have become a place where being shite is accepted. Some of the players are not up for a fight. 

9 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Not just a defeat though was it.

That first half performance was one of the worst I have ever seen in supporting Hearts for over fifty years. 

It was ******* embarrassing to say the least. 

They shat their pants as soon as that first tackle went in on Naismith. 

Neilson out thought by Jake McPake. 

Says it all really. 

That's me convinced then, we should definitely ask Budge to leave.

jambo in iraq
On 03/01/2021 at 02:58, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

she took the responsibility of funding the buy out from the creditors when we would have died as a club without her intervention. Is that not enough? If not, she oversaw the development of the new stand. Still not enough responsibility taken? she has guided the club through the pandemic with minimal redundancies allowing us to still put out a team that on paper at least is the envy of all others in our division.

Not saying I agree with all her decisions or time taken to make necessary changes. Not saying I even like some of the players we have in our team or the buying policy of Neilson, but I'm not going to accuse her of not taking responsibility!

Holyrood_Hearts
11 hours ago, glynnlondon said:

Embarrassing 

Maroon Sailor

Her biggest mistake was her loyalty to Levein. it was clear for a very long time it wasn't working but he really should have done the honourable thing and not put her in to a position like that.

There is obviously a mutual admiration between the two so he could've done the right thing by her and the club.

Last night was just abysmal and that comes down to everybody involved with the game plan and the execution of it. Both piss poor to say the least.

We tend to get beat with that ref but I can't even blame him this time.

The "responsibility" lies fair and square with almost all of the players last night, especially in that first half.

So Ann, with the team 5 points clear at the top with games in hand, having scored a barrowload of goals at home, with two guys with pace out, plus Boyce, and how we missed Smith, and with fans' favourite Peter Haring (another mediocre signing, eh?) having his worst game in a Hearts shirt, is to blame for last night's result.

No doubt she is also to blame for Hearts poor away form that stretches back over at least a decade.

She's probably to blame for the Covid-19 pandemic as well.