Budge out

glynnlondon

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The new stand could never have been completed without that money. No way could the club afford the over-spend. 

As is said about being careful, maybe the whole build could’ve been planned out properly and not run at least £8m over budget. Maybe if the job hadn’t been given to a family member, and jobs like the ordering of seats left to someone with a drink problem we might not have been roundly ridiculed for it and might even be finished and made a bit more aesthetically pleasing inside and out.  

Edited by Pasquale for King

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Maroon Sailor

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Officially.   I suspect it will just be a matter of time before the panty-wetters want him . . .   oot!

I said I wanted him out 5 hours ago, hasn’t signed anyone yet ffs 🤬

1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

The 8500 didn’t save Hearts from admin. She did.

How do you get that? Ann Budge ONLY stepped in because of the 8,500.

She never fell down from heaven and sprinkled money over us. It was a business contract for her. A quid pro quo. For the 8,500 it was out of selfless unconditional love.

Gorgie Boot boy
7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

She never fell down from heaven and sprinkled money over us. It was a business contract for her. A quid pro quo. For the 8,500 it was out of selfless unconditional love.

Exactly, Anne was the front of a syndicate , most are now benefactors. Save our Hearts are the ones to thank for the existence of the FOH amongst others.

The FOH are the number one show around, and so they should be, Anne Budge has **** all to do with them.

Maroon Sailor
33 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

She didn't have to step in at all

Even you must be glad she did

6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Of course she never but it was a good opportunity for her.

I was on the Budge express for about a year and a half so yes I was.

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

She wasn't looking for that opportunity.

Once it became clear she was the only show in town then it was Ann or bust

Gorgie Boot boy
8 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Have a few gripes regarding Anne Budge. All in all she has done a brilliant job bringing the clubs infrastructure and facilities up to date, with the help of other peoples money of course. A lot of people should be proud to be contributing to the foundation of the club. Anne would of stepped aside already if covid didn't happen, she is unwilling to leave the club in uncertain times. The care for the club comes first,

7/10

Greedy Jambo

Ann = money and contacts. 

That's it. 

I suppose we should be grateful for that. 

The football is fecking dreadful though. 

58 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

As is said about being careful, maybe the whole build could’ve been planned out properly and not run at least £8m over budget. Maybe if the job hadn’t been given to a family member, and jobs like the ordering of seats left to someone with a drink problem we might not have been roundly ridiculed for it and might even be finished and made a bit more aesthetically pleasing inside and out.  

I'm only commenting on the need for benefactor's money to bail us out  financially . 

I'm not getting into another debate about Jimmy Bryden when it's already been done to death.

The only question/issue for me is : if the true cost had been established at the outset whether the club would (or should) have proceeded. 

Maroon Sailor
17 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Have a few gripes regarding Anne Budge. All in all she has done a brilliant job bringing the clubs infrastructure and facilities up to date, with the help of other peoples money of course. A lot of people should be proud to be contributing to the foundation of the club. Anne would of stepped aside already if covid didn't happen, she is unwilling to leave the club in uncertain times. The care for the club comes first,

7/10

Pretty much this 👍

20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Unfortunately there is always a group who will claim conspiracy and belittle what others do. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm only commenting on the need for benefactor's money to bail us out  financially . 

I'm not getting into another debate about Jimmy Bryden when it's already been done to death.

The only question/issue for me is : if the true cost had been established at the outset whether the club would (or should) have proceeded. 

Definitely, where would we be without that and the FoH contributions. Not many clubs have fans pumping in £20m on top of STs etc. 
My view is if you have all the plans laid out and properly costed then any delays or overspend goes alongside fines for the builder does it not?

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

Unfortunately there is always a group who will claim conspiracy and belittle what others do. 

If Anne wants to stay on, i am happy for her and Us.

1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Agree, there is always a group of loudmouths who think the worst of others.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, where would we be without that and the FoH contributions. Not many clubs have fans pumping in £20m on top of STs etc. 
My view is if you have all the plans laid out and properly costed then any delays or overspend goes alongside fines for the builder does it not?

The project wasn't done properly from a point of view of the projected costs : that alone should have meant the board standing down. In addition, the board were at fault for not pinning down cost over runs : if AB wanted to go ahead at risk (and she did , at a huge risk) then the board should have asked for guarantees. Instead, the fans were placed in an impossible position and had to stump up. 

That said, I'm out now. 

AB in my book likes the idea of running a football club but not the tough decisions that go along with that.

Cathro wasn't going anywhere until she got it in the neck at the dumfy game.

Ditto Levein the pattern is clear she appoints and washes her hands.

Down the line if it is the same incompetent shit we've seen last 5 years don't bother making your point to the dugout aim it straight at her if you want a change.

Unfortunately tho she'll be the one effing the appointment up yet again.

1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Apologies if I've missed the obvious.....But how does that fit in with the FOH takeover?

It all comes back to this fan controlled verses fan owned argument.

And if Budge continues to sit in as CEO after the handover.....what effectively changes?

For some reason (I know, I'll get pelters for this) I just can't see Budge wanting to hand over the reigns, not after she has put so much energy, and cash into what she will see as an unfinished project.

I have no issues with Budge remaining within the infrastructure of the club. I just don't want her involved with anything to do with the football side of the business.

Gorgie Boot boy
10 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Apologies if I've missed the obvious.....But how does that fit in with the FOH takeover?

It all comes back to this fan controlled verses fan owned argument.

And if Budge continues to sit in as CEO after the handover.....what effectively changes?

For some reason (I know, I'll get pelters for this) I just can't see Budge wanting to hand over the reigns, not after she has put so much energy, and cash into what she will see as an unfinished project.

I have no issues with Budge remaining within the infrastructure of the club. I just don't want her involved with anything to do with the football side of the business.

Anne will move aside, she won't disappear. FOH will have limited power over all, a safe guard against the selling of the Club the stock and Tynecastle Park. Benefactors will still be on board known and unknown. The FOH  members will increase, their power won't. Probably a lot more in it than that, those are the nuts and bolts of it all though.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

19 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The project wasn't done properly from a point of view of the projected costs : that alone should have meant the board standing down. In addition, the board were at fault for not pinning down cost over runs : if AB wanted to go ahead at risk (and she did , at a huge risk) then the board should have asked for guarantees. Instead, the fans were placed in an impossible position and had to stump up. 

That said, I'm out now. 

I was a senior project manager (SPM/PM) before I retired.
4 basic rules for any project (there are more) 1 - Don't over spend your budget and 2 - don't over run on delivery 3 - Don't lie or falsify information to win the contract 4 - Make sure you employ the right people
I've seen many in my career bricking it because they had to go back for additional cash, and telling the client we are late, can't deliver to timescales. .....Believe me you'll get found out and will not last long in the business.

The new stand has been a catelogue of errors from a PM perspective. I doubt that the PM involved will have enhanced his/her, or their business reputation.
The client (Budge) also comes out of this with a poor rating. The alarm bells should have been ringing at the very earliest stage of the project.....logistics, planning and delivery roadblocks should have been sorted at the initial stage.

Edited by Hashimoto

2 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

4 basic rules for any project (there are more) 1 - Don't over spend your budget and 2 - don't over run on delivery 3 - Don't lie or falsify information to win the contract 4 - Make sure you employ the right people
I've seen many in my career biking it because they have go back for additional cash, and telling the client we are late, can't deliver to timescales. .....Believe me you'll get found out and will last long in the business.

The new stand has been a catelogue of errors from a PM perspective. I doubt that the PM involved will have enhanced his/her, or their business reputation.
The client (Budge) also comes out of this with a poor rating. The alarm bells should have been ringing at the very earliest stage of the project.....logistics, planning and delivery roadblocks should have been sorted at the initial stage.

I was a senior project manager until I retired recently. I've never seen anything like this in my life that didn't result in sackings/litigation. 

8 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Anne will move aside, she won't disappear. FOH will have limited power over all, a safe guard against the selling of the Club the stock and Tynecastle Park. Benefactors will still be on board known and unknown. The FOH  members will increase, their power won't. Probably a lot more in it than that, those are the nuts and bolts of it all though.

Thanks GBB....I know this sounds too obvious.....But on the points on which you make .......What changes? In my view Budge will retain executive powers even when the handover is done. FOH  = powerless guardians

The only change I can see is that the club cannot be sold to a 3rd park without a FOH majority vote. Now all those £m's collected is a lot of cash just to prevent an unsavoury sale. Meanwhile Ann Budge continues to do what Ann Budge currently does...

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I was a senior project manager until I retired recently. I've never seen anything like this in my life that didn't result in sackings/litigation. 

I did....and I also saw some big hitters loose major contacts in the £m'ss data centre market...... IT market as you will know is bloody cut throat, ruthless....I know building a stand is small fish compared to data centres, but as you will appreciate the principles are the same. 

17 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

I've seen many in my career bricking it because they had to go back for additional cash, and telling the client we are late, can't deliver to timescales. .....Believe me you'll get found out and will not last long in the business.

Taking your 4 rules (there are more apparently) what should Budge (the client) have done when this “catalogue of errors” began to unfold?

Gorgie Boot boy
6 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Thanks GBB....I know this sounds too obvious.....But on the points on which you make .......What changes? In my view Budge will retain executive powers even when the handover is done. FOH  = powerless guardians

The only change I can see is that the club cannot be sold to a 3rd park without a FOH majority vote. Now all those £m's collected is a lot of cash just to prevent an unsavoury sale. Meanwhile Ann Budge continues to do what Ann Budge currently does...

Andrew Mckinlay is the Chief Executive, his great Grand father was a founding member of Hearts,  he came in at a time when we were to be booted out the SPL and going through court proceedings and covid. He will find his feet this year. The FOH has power away from the football park, not a negative at all. No idea when the change over will happen due to the covid situation.

It will be fan owned not run, thankfully.

Anne doesn't deserve to be the one to blame for the football, although she does take the blame for those who run the football department be fore the new set up came in recently.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Correct.1.5 million per year giving out our back pockets,asking for nothing in return.

29 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Could you provide us with some case studies to look over?

A good SPM will always have some case studies to use as examples.

Maybe and I mean maybe we could use the new Tottenham ground?

I would love to hear the clients views o the 4 (there maybe more) rules you mentioned?

2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Taking your 4 rules (there are more apparently) what should Budge (the client) have done when this “catalogue of errors” began to unfold?

Thanks Vlad - This is the easy bit.....First you stop what you are doing.....you call in the programme manager...him/her that directs, oversee's the SPM/PM's you then quickly identify the issues.. You look at your project plan to see if it's fit for purpose. look at what are causing the issues....whether it is delivery /manpower / materials / world events.
However, every project should have a recovery plan......
Any penalties will be included in the fine print and part of the project remit. And any comp will be determined by a number of factors and set at various degrees of payment. The ultimate being the abandonment of the project with the client awarded full costs. This part is key and believe me keeps you on your toes. Lots of 4am calls to India in my case...   

I'm not sure what went on with the new stand, but quite clearly someone took their eye off the ball, and the accountant was quite happy signing blank cheques. Never a good sign!

Gorgie Boot boy
30 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

I meant to say, one of the main reasons the third party walked away was, never go against the fans group. Will be the end of you, seemingly.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Could you provide us with some case studies to look over?

A good SPM will always have some case studies to use as examples.

No...Unless you are doing a PRINCE2 methodology and looking for an accreditation It wouldn't serve any purpose for you....Let's just say I was involved in a lot of major datacenter work in London docklands, Milton Keynes and a couple of data centres in the Gyle, Edinburgh.....My last big project was in Bibb Way, Ipswich....It took 6 years from inception to delivery.....helped me make my decision to retire! 

Project plan?

Surely a SPM or PM would have signed the project plan off before agreeing to the work?

All this is sounding very unbelievable.

Bad Religion
28 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

25 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

One of Annes biggest regrets will be her lack of consultation with the experts on here. Two retired senior project managers just a click of the mouse away, completely unutilised. What a difference you could have made.

3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

So programme manager overseas project manager?

Hmm?

Did we have a programme manager?

No idea...

2 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

No...Unless you are doing a PRINCE2 methodology and looking for an accreditation It wouldn't serve any purpose for you....Let's just say I was involved in a lot of major datacenter work in London docklands, Milton Keynes and a couple of data centres in the Gyle, Edinburgh.....My last big project was in Bibb Way, Ipswich....It took 6 years from inception to delivery.....helped me make my decision to retire! 

So never involved in anyway such a thing as say a football stadium ?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

That said, I'm out now. 

Fair enough 👍🏽

16 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Project plan?

Surely a SPM or PM would have signed the project plan off before agreeing to the work?

All this is sounding very unbelievable.

Correct...They do, but it must be agreed with the client......finance has to be in place and a delivery timetable agreed. Old style  project managers would have these key stages down on a gant chart, or MS project.....It's a bit more sophisticated these days I believe....but the guiding principles remain the same.

Incidentally, in response to another question.....Yes, absolutely large projects had / have a programme director / manager at the head, certainly in my line of business. They didn't necessarily steer the ship, but they were there to kick down the doors on any project stopping roadblocks...  

Edited by Hashimoto

5 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

So never involved in anyway such a thing as say a football stadium ?

Stop it.....You're trying to be clever now......a project is a project......I've given you enough basic knowledge as to how it works.....Look it up on Google if you're interested on finding out more......

Bad Religion
Just now, Vlad Magic said:

Well that’s me convinced 

🤣🤣🤣

Yeah me too. I was sceptical until he mentioned giant charts.

2 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Yeah me too. I was sceptical until he mentioned giant charts.

Gant mate.......GANT.....!!!

2 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Exactly, Anne was the front of a syndicate , most are now benefactors. Save our Hearts are the ones to thank for the existence of the FOH amongst others.

The FOH are the number one show around, and so they should be, Anne Budge has **** all to do with them.

For someone who appears to be so well informed, you cannot get her name right. And she was NOT the front of the Syndicate.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

For someone who appears to be so well informed, you cannot get her name right. And she was NOT the front of the Syndicate.

Ann it is, Ok consortium. Anyone thinks ANN is solo, well shake yourself.

Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Ann it is, Ok consortium. Anyone thinks ANN is solo, well shake yourself.

I am not sure what you are getting at, but Ann Budge was not the Head or Front of the Consortium.

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

I am not sure what you are getting at, but Ann Budge was not the Head or Front of the Consortium.

Ann was and is the front , benefactors including. Not all benefactors are in the clique though.

9 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

No complaints when we were flying with Robbie last time.

Levein was in charge of the football department and he got too big for even his ego

FFS seriously? Neilson left Hearts in December 2016, other than a good period at the start of 2018/19 we have been absolute shite for the rest of those 4 years. Several managers, coaches and a multitude of abysmal players.