Budge out

glynnlondon

Maroon Sailor
13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No but it’s her fault for appointing someone who isn’t fit for purpose.

This is the point. She struggles to get it right constantly.

We are in not in a position to get a Pep or a Jose

We've tried different structures on the football side - all risky and no guarantees it's going to work out the way we would all like.

We had shite managers before Ann took over

Edited by Maroon Sailor

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Maroon Sailor

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, but shows we are one club who has done it unfortunately. It won’t happen with Neilson though and although I’m not overly happy with him it would be ridiculous to do so. 

Can’y be many others that have done it, that's for sure. 

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He should never have been given the managers job, it was a disaster from start to finish and we are where we are because of him, she carries the can for all the good and the bad as she’s the boss. That’s how it works. 

I think she is carrying the can and not shying away from her responsibilities but ultimately Hearts are a business that relies on everything coming together and everybody taking responsibility for their own roles within the organisation.

12 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

Most of the "Budge out" crew are either Hibs fans or attention seekers.

Sorry but that’s utter nonsense. I’d never pretend to speak for ‘most fans’ or judge group opinion. However I imagine most Hearts fans are eternally grateful to her for her interim care of the club, her saving the club and her development of the stadium and infrastructure and boosting the revenue streams.

Her role was always meant to be fairly short term, that’s her words. She has done everything that she could do. There is nothing more she can do. There is no need for her to be here. The mechanisms and the money is in place for her to step down now. We need to be a football club again with football business men driving the club forward.

From keeping us afloat and rebuilding us, she’s gone pretty quickly to holding us back.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I think she is carrying the can and not shying away from her responsibilities but ultimately Hearts are a business that relies on everything coming together and everybody taking responsibility for their own roles within the organisation.

Indeed, as every business does. If you don’t cut out the parts that aren’t working you bring more pressure on yourself though. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, JimmyCant said:

Sorry but that’s utter nonsense. I’d never pretend to speak for ‘most fans’ or judge group opinion. However I imagine most Hearts fans are eternally grateful to her for her interim care of the club, her saving the club and her development of the stadium and infrastructure and boosting the revenue streams.

Her role was always meant to be fairly short term, that’s her words. She has done everything that she could do. There is nothing more she can do. There is no need for her to be here. The mechanisms and the money is in place for her to step down now. We need to be a football club again with football business men driving the club forward.

From keeping us afloat and rebuilding us, she’s gone pretty quickly to holding us back.

Good post. 
There appears to be some chat about a new training facility so she can hang around and do that. She’s no real intention of going and it would appear those in and around the board have no power to oust her. 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good post. 
There appears to be some chat about a new training facility so she can hang around and do that. She’s no real intention of going and it would appear those in and around the board have no power to oust her. 

Of course they have no power. She still technically owns the club!

FoH could move to implement the take over I suppose. Power of sorts.

12 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Her major failing is the inability to appoint a decent manager (in many people's eyes at least).

Not sure what a football business person is though. A Robinson? A Romanov?

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good post. 

No real intention of going. Come on even you dont believe that surely? I know yer a madman and passionate about us but even that is a stretch to think you believe that.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

X person out might have worked if we’d ever actually removed her.

Or we'd be bankrupt. 

Just now, Boris said:

Her major failing is the inability to appoint a decent manager (in many people's eyes at least).

I think its a person who pumps billions in and is off their rocker so theyll sack people as and when they feel like it on a whim

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Boris said:

I was talking about the old two FoH lap dogs and the new one. They won’t do anything to rock the boat, unless the structure of the FoH is drastically changed. Even after we take over nothing will change and she can do what she wants and stay as long as she likes. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Boris said:

Neither was mercer. 

Very few football folk own clubs. 

The issue is who is in charge of the football dept, I believe we now have a new board member and savage on that now. 

Budge is more and more  a figure head, a stable one that no matter what happens on the field we won't be in mountain's of debt or in admin again. 

Quenn Ann is Appropriate in more ways than one! 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Not asking for or want him to be sacked Dave. I want him to know his job is not unconditionally safe.

It's not. 

If we didn't go up he'd get sacked. 

11 minutes ago, Boris said:

FiH could just request the share transfer take place if they wanted the power to effect change. 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Neither was mercer. 

The issue is who is in charge of the football dept, I believe we now have a new board member and savage on that now. 

Budge is more and more  a figure head, a stable one that no matter what happens on the field we won't be in mountain's of debt or in admin again. 

Savage isn’t on the plc board. 

Why would she ever want to leave ?

Fans wanting the manager sacked when the team is top of the league

People painting “Hang Ann Budge” on bridges 

Running a business with no supporters allowed to attend 

Shes a young woman with nothing better to do

Around 1980 the football was so bad under Willie Ormond I stopped going, not just us the league was horseshit then.

No relevance to now but it was bad then mind you no social media.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

No real intention of going. Come on even you dont believe that surely? I know yer a madman and passionate about us but even that is a stretch to think you believe that.

She’s surrounded herself with yes men and dreamed up the new training facility to giver her a project. 
I saw her driving up Wheatfield Street last month in her white Porsche around 3pm, heading the short journey home to Murrayfield, and thought why are you still here. 
With all the stress involved and the money she has, go and enjoy the rest of her life. I think like most people at her age they need to keep busy and are scared of retiring.  She’s never been in a rush to do anything at the club, I can’t see any plan for her to go do you?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Around 1980 the football was so bad under Willie Ormond I stopped going, not just us the league was horseshit then.

No relevance to now but it was bad then mind you no social media.

My dad despised that “Hibby *******” if I remember correctly. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Savage isn’t on the plc board. 

No, but haven't we have appointed a new sporting director and Savage? 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Neither was mercer. 

Yeah just as well we didn’t have someone who spent £20m on an unfinished stand by giving the job to her brother, and wasted millions on the playing side. 
If it wasn’t for over £11m from fans and £9m and counting from her pals we would be back where she found us. 
Now a new training facility to keep her at the club and more jobs for the boys no doubt. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

She’s surrounded herself with yes men and dreamed up the new training facility to giver her a project. 
I saw her driving up Wheatfield Street last month in her white Porsche around 3pm, heading the short journey home to Murrayfield, and thought why are you still here. 
With all the stress involved and the money she has, go and enjoy the rest of her life. I think like most people at her age they need to keep busy and are scared of retiring.  She’s never been in a rush to do anything at the club, I can’t see any plan for her to go do you?

Either that or she cares about Hearts, thinks she can have a beneficial effect on us. 

Not to mention ensuring we are financially secure with her involved. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No, but haven't we have appointed a new sporting director and Savage? 

Not that I’m aware off. Savage is the Sporting Director but not a company director. 

Fxxx the SPFL
40 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

if she goes we may well lose the benefactors so think of that although yes the football playing side of things is a problem. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah just as well we didn’t have someone who spent £20m on an unfinished stand by giving the job to her brother, and wasted millions on the playing side. 
If it wasn’t for over £11m from fans and £9m and counting from her pals we would be back where she found us. 
Now a new training facility to keep her at the club and more jobs for the boys no doubt. 

I don't know about that but we have a great new stand and pitch and very little or no debt. 

25 years of talk, she delivered. 

Where you as vocal about jobs  for the boys when Vlad gave his son a job, his niece a job and set up his  bank, iirc in Gorgie? 

58 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think the purpose this season is to get us back into the top flight. I still think Robbie is fit for that. 

We should also be looking ahead to next season.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Not that I’m aware off. Savage is the Sporting Director but not a company director. 

Ahh cool, I thought I seen a name a few months ago, maybe I'm confusing the two. 

New sporting director tho, a football man. Whits to moan about? 

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can't knock someone having beneficial contacts. That has been built over years of good practice out with football so we have an owner that can attract investment. The fans efforts have been fantastic. She's been let down by the consistent recruitment of players with no character, poor ability and no real understanding of what is should mean to play for the club. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Can't knock someone having beneficial contacts. That has been built over years of good practice out with football so we have an owner that can attract investment. The fans efforts have been fantastic. She's been let down by the consistent recruitment of players with no character, poor ability and no real understanding of what is should mean to play for the club. 

I think her handling of the stand project hasn’t been great, they still don’t know what to do with all the space. Spurs for instance have a Beavertown brewery in their stadium. 
It would’ve been great if the money from the FoH and the benefactors has been used more wisely, considering where we are that clearly hasn’t happened. 
The failure of the academy and the release of young Hearts supporters hasn’t helped the understanding of playing for the club. Only Berra/Walker/Irving in the current squad who’ve played a number of games for instance. Brexit will help this though. 

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ahh cool, I thought I seen a name a few months ago, maybe I'm confusing the two. 

New sporting director tho, a football man. Whits to moan about? 

We also have a new CEO, Andrew McKinlay. Been in place for several weeks now. May have missed it but I haven’t see one single public word he has uttered since being appointed. He was supposed to be running the club day to day and he’s a experienced football executive and business man.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

We are in not in a position to get a Pep or a Jose

We've tried different structures on the football side - all risky and no guarantees it's going to work out the way we would all like.

We had shite managers before Ann took over

You’re basically giving her a free ride then

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I don't know about that but we have a great new stand and pitch and very little or no debt. 

25 years of talk, she delivered. 

Where you as vocal about jobs  for the boys when Vlad gave his son a job, his niece a job and set up his  bank, iirc in Gorgie? 

Yes I was. 
The pitch has not given value for money so far, is currently brown in certain areas and the goalmouths have a bare patch. 
The stand is basic in the extreme for £20m and isn’t even finished yet as they have no idea what to do with the space. 

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, Mighty jam said:

incredible this thread even exist's....has brought stability to club after about 40 years of debt and uncertainty...

WE ARE IN THE ****ING CHAMPIONSHIP WITH A STRING OF FAILED MANAGERS AND PLAYERS THATS COST US MILLIONS. 

Stability 🙈

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

WE ARE IN THE ****ING CHAMPIONSHIP WITH A STRING OF FAILED MANAGERS AND PLAYERS THATS COST US MILLIONS. 

Stability 🙈

Off the field we are stable though, or as stable we have been in a very long time.

No one is disputing the on field shambles. And given our off field situation, this is all the more galling.

Maroon Sailor
8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You’re basically giving her a free ride then

Not giving her a free ride at all - we are restricted in who we can get as a manager and even then there are no guarantees it will work.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes I was. 
The pitch has not given value for money so far, is currently brown in certain areas and the goalmouths have a bare patch. 
The stand is basic in the extreme for £20m and isn’t even finished yet as they have no idea what to do with the space. 

Fair enough.

I will bow to you knowledge of pitches and football structures.

Our pitch looks as good as any others I've seen on tv, I include Hampden in that.

I'm very happy we now have a stadium that will see us into the medium term future and have little or no debt. She delivered when guys like Vlad talked on that front.

The football side needs a vast improvement, we are on track for promotion, we have a a new sporting director, a new manager, new coaching staff and will imo have almost an entire new team for next season. Budge has made lots of changes.

We sometimes go down but we always come up. After covid, the vote and future  promotion we can look ahead, no debt hanging around us and with no need to spend millions on infrastructure.

TBH, i don't care who owns us, we need to get the on the pitch stuff correct and owners seldom get involved that ( Vlad being the exception).

2 minutes ago, Boris said:

Off the field we are stable though, or as stable we have been in a very long time.

No one is disputing the on field shambles. And given our off field situation, this is all the more galling.

A stand that went 150% over budget (and still rising)?

None of her off field "successes" have in nay way shape or form improved us (the men) on the field.  The evidence for this is clear for all to see.

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We also have a new CEO, Andrew McKinlay. Been in place for several weeks now. May have missed it but I haven’t see one single public word he has uttered since being appointed. He was supposed to be running the club day to day and he’s a experienced football executive and business man.

ahh that's the one. Thanks

Big changes have been made on the football side.

McKinlay- a football and executive man running things

Savage as sporting director.

New mgt team and coaching staff.

Pretty much what folk wanted, a new ceo running things and a sporting director. Both football "men".

If folk hate Ann that much they are in the huff with her no matter what then I say that is their problem now. 

If folk hate Robbie that much that you can't at least get behind him for promotion, then again that is their problem.

Seems more personal to me than football related.

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

A stand that went 150% over budget (and still rising)?

None of her off field "successes" have in nay way shape or form improved us (the men) on the field.  The evidence for this is clear for all to see.

If using that argument , Technically- if you are going full circle  we are no worse  either on the field when she taken over. We are as is, but almost no debt and a shiney new stand.

It also wasn't as over budget as folk make out, things changed and were added, the museum, pub, shop there was a list that someone gave out that were added to the build. All good things I may add.

Just missing a statue of the women herself.

Edited by Smith's right boot

Gorgie Boot boy

Who is involved in the Atlantic league talks, is it Anne or Andrew or both ?

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Boris said:

Are we, if it wasn’t for £20m in contributions from fans we would be in all kinds of financial problems again. We would lose money every year if it wasn’t for us. 

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair enough.

I will bow to you knowledge of pitches and football structures.

Our pitch looks as good as any others I've seen on tv, I include Hampden in that.

I'm very happy we now have a stadium that will see us into the medium term future and have little or no debt. She delivered when guys like Vlad talked on that front.

The football side needs a vast improvement, we are on track for promotion, we have a a new sporting director, a new manager, new coaching staff and will imo have almost an entire new team for next season. Budge has made lots of changes.

We sometimes go down but we always come up. After covid, the vote and future  promotion we can look ahead, no debt hanging around us and with no need to spend millions on infrastructure.

TBH, i don't care who owns us, we need to get the on the pitch stuff correct and owners seldom get involved that ( Vlad being the exception).

Yeah but eh . . . 

Great post 👍🏽👏🏾

Lets not forget Ann Budge was not an avid Hearts Supporter, her daughter that she attended games was. Her appointment of Neilson was not because he would have us competing for the League next season, but she knew him. She has surrounded herself with people she knows. Giving the Building of the new Stand to her brother, whose company had never undertaken anything of this magnitude was a huge mistake.

However, we are where we are, and the problem appears to me is there is no focus on winning Football Matches. I have never heard her show the emotion we all do when we lose. No one doubts what she did to save our Club, but the time is right for her to move on. When you hear comments from the Manager blaming the Referee, or players saying "you cant win all our games" - then it is obvious the message from the top is not what is needed to be a successful Football Club.

The longer Ann Budge stays in control, the longer we will plod along with no real vision.

26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Are we, if it wasn’t for £20m in contributions from fans we would be in all kinds of financial problems again. We would lose money every year if it wasn’t for us. 

FoH has raised £20m? Impressive!

4 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Lets not forget Ann Budge was not an avid Hearts Supporter, her daughter that she attended games was. Her appointment of Neilson was not because he would have us competing for the League next season, but she knew him. She has surrounded herself with people she knows. Giving the Building of the new Stand to her brother, whose company had never undertaken anything of this magnitude was a huge mistake.

However, we are where we are, and the problem appears to me is there is no focus on winning Football Matches. I have never heard her show the emotion we all do when we lose. No one doubts what she did to save our Club, but the time is right for her to move on. When you hear comments from the Manager blaming the Referee, or players saying "you cant win all our games" - then it is obvious the message from the top is not what is needed to be a successful Football Club.

The longer Ann Budge stays in control, the longer we will plod along with no real vision.

Hard to disagree with any part of your post. 

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

There were two other parties looking to buy Hearts, Anne Budge was the front of a syndicate.