Budge out

glynnlondon

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

The "responsibility" lies fair and square with almost all of the players last night, especially in that first half.

So Ann, with the team 5 points clear at the top with games in hand, having scored a barrowload of goals at home, with two guys with pace out, plus Boyce, and how we missed Smith, and with fans' favourite Peter Haring (another mediocre signing, eh?) having his worst game in a Hearts shirt, is to blame for last night's result.

No doubt she is also to blame for Hearts poor away form that stretches back over at least a decade.

She's probably to blame for the Covid-19 pandemic as well.

Yip

Questions should be asked about all those who pulled on a Hearts shirt last night and of Robbie's gameplan.

Dundee set the tone in the first 60 seconds and our players bottle went.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Maroon Sailor

• Bazzas right boot

Just now, colinmaroon said:

The "responsibility" lies fair and square with almost all of the players last night, especially in that first half.

So Ann, with the team 5 points clear at the top with games in hand, having scored a barrowload of goals at home, with two guys with pace out, plus Boyce, and how we missed Smith, and with fans' favourite Peter Haring (another mediocre signing, eh?) having his worst game in a Hearts shirt, is to blame for last night's result.

No doubt she is also to blame for Hearts poor away form that stretches back over at least a decade.

The responsibility lies jointly between the players and the manager last night. Manager sets team out to reflect how he wants to play.

I’m not in the AB out camp but she’s made plenty of mistakes. Allowing CL too much power was one. Bringing back RN was another. If she wanted rid of DS fine but let’s not keep the club on look making the same mistakes. RN was a safe, couldn’t be arsed looking type appointment. 

6 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Good post. A level of reality that most miss 

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Do football folk own every other club? 

What are her successes on the football side of things?  She isn't responsible for where we are just now?  I'll answer your questions once you stop avoiding mine.   

26 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

The responsibility lies jointly between the players and the manager last night. Manager sets team out to reflect how he wants to play.

I’m not in the AB out camp but she’s made plenty of mistakes. Allowing CL too much power was one. Bringing back RN was another. If she wanted rid of DS fine but let’s not keep the club on look making the same mistakes. RN was a safe, couldn’t be arsed looking type appointment. 

I don't see how it can be the players fault. They can't play any better than their abilities will allow them to play. 

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

That's the consequences of her stewardship, not her on-field successes. 

Ann picked the manager so the buck stops at AB. 

10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

After a defeat I have images of folk punching walls, rocking backward and forwards in a chair and smashing their head against a key board, howling at the moon and pouring custard over their heads. 

You need to see a shrink then, that's just not healthy...

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Lose a game and this place becomes a circus. Some of you need to get a grip. Behaving like .net 

I think you'll find it is the manner they lost not the loss itself.  If you're happy with that lack of effort fair enough. I'm not. 

4 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Lose a game and this place becomes a circus. Some of you need to get a grip. Behaving like .net 

so you’re happy with rolling over meekly and taking it dry from teams like Dundee, Dunfermline and Alloa.

it’s about the manner of the losses not the losses themselves 

sandylejambo

Losing apart the main reason we hated Levein was because he did the same bad things over and over again Neilson is doing the exact things, if I hadn't read it I would have thought Levein is still in charge of the team. It must be hard, getting every player to play badly in the same game.

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

People are disappointed and angry because they care deeply for their club.

Meanwhile you are still quite happy to post your smartarse comments about fans after such a shocking performance/result.

We are all angry and disappointed , we are not all ****ing stupid enough to demand we throw out our source of funding when we lose a game though.

Moronic 

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

People are disappointed and angry because they care deeply for their club.

Meanwhile you are still quite happy to post your smartarse comments about fans after such a shocking performance/result.

We are all angry and disappointed , we are not all ****ing stupid enough to demand we throw out our source of funding when we lose a game though.

Moronic 

MarkDevriesScores4
3 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

This place :rofl:

Oh how I have missed sitting by you cheery folk at Tynie. 

Murder innit 😂

AB does not pick the team, nor kick a ball (unfortunately, maybe, she quite possibly couldn't do any worse than some in maroon) so defeats cannot be blamed on her - or victories attributed to her.

However, there is something wrong with the very foundations of the club at present. Think on it this way, if Lawwell had been in charge at Tynecastle and AB in charge at celtc park, would Hearts have been brushed aside and shoved into the Championship with such utter disdain last season?

It's like setting lap dogs against wolves.

9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Not sure how many times I can be arsed saying this.

As long as that woman is in charge of our club we will always be losers.

She is a ****ing disaster.

I'm amazed that anyone can doubt you on this after six years considering where we are and what we've had to put up with. 

She just says whatever she wants and rarely sticks to it.   

I take it ahead wasn't adamant when she said that anything less than 4th wasn't acceptable?   Levein had us a lit lower than than and only got rid of him because we gave her no choice.

After 6 years she is either inadequate or a charlatan.  

She said when she wasn't wanted she would go.  Time to let her know or another two years before we are anywhere near where we should be. 

Two great crosses from Adam did for us.

That's the fine margins of football.

How dare Budge allow other teams to sign good players though? All her fault.

10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I generally blame the manager and the players for the stuff happening on the field. 

At 70, her playing and coaching days are behind her I reckon. 

Agree.........................Lucky to make the bench.....👍

15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Moronic 

Not moronic, pretty logical I would say to ask questions about our management. We have been on a downward trajectory for a long period of time. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Good post. A level of reality that most miss 

And here’s the next regime apologist

In the time since AB took over we have been too loyal and too comfortable with most appointments 

That needs to stop

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Not moronic, pretty logical I would say to ask questions about our management. We have been on a downward trajectory for a long period of time. 

Right now in the middle of a pandemic, with very little income the only thing that matter is a secure future for the club and promotion.

we will do enough for the latter. We also need to give out new SD a chance. He starts tomorrow 

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Right now in the middle of a pandemic, with very little income the only thing that matter is a secure future for the club and promotion.

we will do enough for the latter. We also need to give out new SD a chance. He starts tomorrow 

I sincerely hope we will have enough, but performances and results like last night raise valid questions.

It is good that Savage is starting as SD and maybe he can make a difference. That he is new blood and removed from the football thinking that has dominated this club for the last 6 years is really useful.

12 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Neilson out thought by Jake McPake. 

Says it all really. 

That is a serious concern, being out though by a loser like him. Just need to wait on Ann extending Robbie's contract after that dire performance. At least the Ladies team is doing ok.

Another embarrassing thread!

I think that even Anne could have scored with the header that Kingsley put over the bar!

I don't think that Anne would have hit the corner flag with the chance that Whighton had!!

That was a poor team effort last night and I've seen a good few of those having followed Hearts for over 50 Years.

Some on here have a fair old sense of entitlement.  Others just bring a rather nasty smell to the place!!

I went home and away during some pretty turgid times.

Still my team though and I love watching them every week.

I can't wait to get back to my seat and listen to some of the 'entitled' around me who don't realise how good it is to still be able to go.

We nearly lost everything.  Anne helped to save the club.  So did we all with our FoH donations, etc.

Get off her case and support the team.  Thick and Thin!!!

Look on the bright side.  You could be a reekin Hobo - and I'm pretty sure a fair few of you are!!

Any more threads like this will 'enlighten' me exactly which camp you are from...

Reading the match report, Anne was shocking yesterday.

"Dundee started the match in aggressive mood, and Shaun Byrne was lucky not to see red for a very late challenge on Anne Budge inside the opening minute. This translated to their early play as they pressed Budge high up the park, limiting short passing options in defence.

Hearts fell behind just shy of the 15 minute mark, when Adam was given time and space by Budge and curled in a precise ball to the back post for McGhee to nod high into the net.

Hearts briefly threatened a riposte on a breakaway, when Anne Budge picked the ball up in midfield and raced towards goal, but dragged her shot wide."

4 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

In our eyes, possibly.

6 minutes ago, HMFSee said:

Reading the match report, Anne was shocking yesterday.

"Dundee started the match in aggressive mood, and Shaun Byrne was lucky not to see red for a very late challenge on Anne Budge inside the opening minute. This translated to their early play as they pressed Budge high up the park, limiting short passing options in defence.

Hearts fell behind just shy of the 15 minute mark, when Adam was given time and space by Budge and curled in a precise ball to the back post for McGhee to nod high into the net.

Hearts briefly threatened a riposte on a breakaway, when Anne Budge picked the ball up in midfield and raced towards goal, but dragged her shot wide."

Forgot to mention she was nutmeged for their second goal.

A poor signing.

6 hours ago, a11ank said:

I think that even Anne could have scored with the header that Kingsley put over the bar!

I don't think that Anne would have hit the corner flag with the chance that Whighton had!!

That was a poor team effort last night and I've seen a good few of those having followed Hearts for over 50 Years.

Some on here have a fair old sense of entitlement.  Others just bring a rather nasty smell to the place!!

I can't wait to get back to my seat and listen to some of the 'entitled' around me who don't realise how good it is to still be able to go.

We nearly lost everything.  Anne helped to save the club.  So did we all with our FoH donations, etc.

Look on the bright side.  You could be a reekin Hobo - and I'm pretty sure a fair few of you are!!

Any more threads like this will 'enlighten' me exactly which camp you are from...

Need to put it in perspective. There’s about 5 dafties who go on and on and on about budge but reading the comments my goldfish has more brains. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 hours ago, a11ank said:

It’s amazing that on here, Reekin Hobos are people who object to Hearts being shit.

PHM are the people who enjoy or feel satisfied with us being wank.

Strange world.

The Dundee result is disappointing, but in the grand scheme of things us unlikely to have any significant impact on how this season pans out. 

Posters are also correct in saying that Budge didn't play last night and is not in control of tactics, etc. A bad result or performance isn't her fault, but systemic failures over the course of her tenure as a whole are pretty appalling. 

As the head of an organisation you are ultimately accountable for the company's performance in its core business function and if we judge her by that metric she has done an awful job. 

Yes, she doesn't kick a ball for Hearts but the CEO of McDonald's doesn't flip burgers either. The reason why those at the top of organisations demand the most money is because they are the leaders responsible for running the business (I know AB doesn't take a salary) and are generally the most important people within the organisation. 

To go back to the McDonald's analogy, if your burger has a hair in it then it's probably the cooks fault or the restaurant managers. If across the world the food is consistently getting worse, market share drops and the share price hits an all time low then it's probably the CEO who is getting sacked. 

Last night was a shite burger, it happens. However looking at her tenure as a whole it's a relative disaster. 

8 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

The Dundee result is disappointing, but in the grand scheme of things us unlikely to have any significant impact on how this season pans out. 

Posters are also correct in saying that Budge didn't play last night and is not in control of tactics, etc. A bad result or performance isn't her fault, but systemic failures over the course of her tenure as a whole are pretty appalling. 

As the head of an organisation you are ultimately accountable for the company's performance in its core business function and if we judge her by that metric she has done an awful job. 

Yes, she doesn't kick a ball for Hearts but the CEO of McDonald's doesn't flip burgers either. The reason why those at the top of organisations demand the most money is because they are the leaders responsible for running the business (I know AB doesn't take a salary) and are generally the most important people within the organisation. 

To go back to the McDonald's analogy, if your burger has a hair in it then it's probably the cooks fault or the restaurant managers. If across the world the food is consistently getting worse, market share drops and the share price hits an all time low then it's probably the CEO who is getting sacked. 

Last night was a shite burger, it happens. However looking at her tenure as a whole it's a relative disaster. 

Can we please take all the mothers and fathers of the young team to task and fine them heavily for producing such little scummy *******s?

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Can we please take all the mothers and fathers of the young team to task and fine them heavily for producing such little scummy *******s?

Dunno man, probably not. 

FWIW I wouldn't class myself as particularly young or part of any team (not sure if that's what you're implying?). 

sandylejambo

not out for me, but certainly don't let her make anymore football decisions, she's a great administrator but up to speed on the beautiful game she isn't.

50 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s amazing that on here, Reekin Hobos are people who object to Hearts being shit.

PHM are the people who enjoy or feel satisfied with us being wank.

Strange world.

Reekin Hobos can do one and say what they want elsewhere!

This is another stupid thread about Anne Budge!!

Are you defending reeking Hobos?  Cap fitting you okay??

Dusk_Till_Dawn
23 minutes ago, a11ank said:

Reekin Hobos can do one and say what they want elsewhere!

This is another stupid thread about Anne Budge!!

Are you defending reeking Hobos?  Cap fitting you okay??

What I’m trying to say is that supporters like you are an embarrassment and an example of why we’re so mediocre.

20 hours ago, jonesy said:

Confession time: I actually poured the keyboard over my head, howled at the custard and head-butted the moon.

Perhaps Smiths Right Boot could do a training video?

Mediocre would be an improvement we've gone from that to pish.

She has overseen this circus for years.

Bottom line is she doesn't know what she is doing that's why she makes no changes until she starts getting grief way too late.

That's why we flap about when she is forced to do it and invariably gets it wrong.

That is the reason Cathro and Levein were there for ridiculous amounts of time she is clueless a ceo who cannot take charge is why we are where we are.

We'll win this tinpot league whoopy feckin do does anyone seriously think we'll be better placed when we are back in the top division i don't

55 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

Mediocre would be an improvement we've gone from that to pish.

She has overseen this circus for years.

Bottom line is she doesn't know what she is doing that's why she makes no changes until she starts getting grief way too late.

That's why we flap about when she is forced to do it and invariably gets it wrong.

That is the reason Cathro and Levein were there for ridiculous amounts of time she is clueless a ceo who cannot take charge is why we are where we are.

We'll win this tinpot league whoopy feckin do does anyone seriously think we'll be better placed when we are back in the top division i don't

I agree, we need further changes if we are going to be top 4 Premiership club. Our squad is at best a lower level premiership team.  Maybe our new Director of football will changes this for the better.

14 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What I’m trying to say is that supporters like you are an embarrassment and an example of why we’re so mediocre.

ModEdit

Someone who has enjoyed watching 'my team' for over 50 years and investing in them whenever and wherever I can is "an embarrassment and example of why 'they' are so mediocre"

Don't do drugs kids....

5 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

I think AB has turned us into a nicely nicely club . Oh for a Wallace mercer type character

She has sanitized us to within an inch of our lives. She has been a ****ing disaster.

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

She has sanitized us to within an inch of our lives. She has been a ****ing disaster.

The skyline restaurant and big hearts have been a roaring success and didnt the ladies team get promoted

2 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

The skyline restaurant and big hearts have been a roaring success and didnt the ladies team get promoted

Off topic but I went in to the Hearts store just before xmas and a staff member was there. She was overweight and wore a jumper saying 'Big Hearts Staff' almost ended myself laughing.

Incidentally the shop is shite. Mostly all tops are S, M and large. I am XXL and there was nothing. If I had a £100 voucher for the place i'd struggle to spend it. 

Gorgie Boot boy
9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Off topic but I went in to the Hearts store just before xmas and a staff member was there. She was overweight and wore a jumper saying 'Big Hearts Staff' almost ended myself laughing.

Incidentally the shop is shite. Mostly all tops are S, M and large. I am XXL and there was nothing. If I had a £100 voucher for the place i'd struggle to spend it. 

So you had no money and were in fact using the place for heat. Shame on you.

12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Bit of an own goal!

She probably looked at you and almost ended herself laughing, thinking to herself "good luck to you 'big boy' finding something to fit you in here"!