• Footballfirst

• Maroon Sailor

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:
GAME OFF Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic v Bo’ness United

...... and 10 minutes later

SCOTTISH CUP: A few moving parts this morning which has been reason for no updates. Ainslie Park not playable today but New Dundas could be, subject to pitch inspection. Game will be at NDP today if deemed playable. Updates when we have it. #ScottishCup

Why was it originally being played at Ainslie Park? Assumed it was because it was more likely to be playable but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Why was it originally being played at Ainslie Park? Assumed it was because it was more likely to be playable but that doesn't seem to be the case.

With the snow it seemed a sensible decision to make the switch, however the snow was never cleared off Ainslie Park and now looks as if it has turned to ice.

When I was out for a walk this morning through a park, I was surprised to find that the grass was still soft under the snow.

It may be the same at NDP once they removed the snow off the pitch. 

Hungry hippo
37 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

With the snow it seemed a sensible decision to make the switch, however the snow was never cleared off Ainslie Park and now looks as if it has turned to ice.

When I was out for a walk this morning through a park, I was surprised to find that the grass was still soft under the snow.

It may be the same at NDP once they removed the snow off the pitch. 

Cheers FF

With the weather forecast for the next two weeks at or below freezing at nights, can't see how they can get a junior pitch playable if it's already frozen . unless this game is moved there is no way hearts will be playing the winner of this tie next week end.

2 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

20210101_162246.jpg

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

4-1 A hat trick of penalties by Lee Currie

Going by the times of the tweets that's 3 penalties in 4 minutes!

Footballfirst

Finished 5-2.   Ryan Stevenson (not that one) got Bo'ness' second. This Ryan however was at the Hearts academy and was very unlucky not to get a full time contract.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Stanley_ said:

Camelon v Brora tomorrow postponed. 4th time lucky on Monday.

A nuetral venue would then be called ?

9 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

A nuetral venue would then be called ?

Their twitter page says it is Carmuirs Park (Camelon).

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Stanley_ said:

Their twitter page says it is Carmuirs Park (Camelon).

I meant if the rearranged game is postponed,

On 30/12/2020 at 22:33, maroonsgotop said:

have the TV games been announced yet

Not yet. Got the feeling it's going to be us, but they're waiting for our opponent to be confirmed first. Makes me then wonder if we'll be on the Monday night or not. The BBC showed Dundonald vs Queen's Park on Monday past, but then it was played at Kelty Hearts' ground who were at home themselves on the Saturday.

33 minutes ago, Locky said:

Not yet. Got the feeling it's going to be us, but they're waiting for our opponent to be confirmed first. Makes me then wonder if we'll be on the Monday night or not. The BBC showed Dundonald vs Queen's Park on Monday past, but then it was played at Kelty Hearts' ground who were at home themselves on the Saturday.

Hearts are scheduled to face Dunfermline on the 12th so it’s unlikely we’ll be moved from the Saturday at this stage, unless it’s forward. 

3 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Hearts are scheduled to face Dunfermline on the 12th so it’s unlikely we’ll be moved from the Saturday at this stage, unless it’s forward. 

True. Hopefully just keep it simple and have it on the Saturday or Sunday. That's if they've even managed to play their game yet.

19 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

Surprised they have gone for Queen's Park v Queen of the South when they had a few non-league v league options.

Two Queens plus at New Lesser Hampden?

33 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

Surprised they have gone for Queen's Park v Queen of the South when they had a few non-league v league options.

13 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Two Queens plus at New Lesser Hampden?

I believe Queen's Park are still playing at Hampden. Redevelopment of Lesser Hampden is still in progress.

The two games they have selected are probably two of the most likely to be playable in cold weather.

Wish it had been off as BU’s lost 5-2 after being 1-0 up at ht - 3 2nd half penalties didn’t help

was looking forward to Dundee away next week

Camelon’s pitch is very wet normally, being next to the canal - difficult to see it being on this week

1 minute ago, Rab WL said:

Wish it had been off as BU’s lost 5-2 after being 1-0 up at ht - 3 2nd half penalties didn’t help

Camelon’s pitch is very wet normally, being next to the canal - difficult to see it being on this week

I imagine there will be pressure on them to play it elsewhere. 

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Rab WL said:

Youtube highlights - all three pens looked stone-wallers

On 01/01/2021 at 16:51, Footballfirst said:

Finished 5-2.   Ryan Stevenson (not that one) got Bo'ness' second. This Ryan however was at the Hearts academy and was very unlucky not to get a full time contract.

Good player young Ryan and versatile as well so appears in various positions over a season

Interestingly Joe Savage played for Camelon and Bo’ness United when they were in the Junior League.

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, Rab WL said:

Good player young Ryan and versatile as well so appears in various positions over a season

Interestingly Joe Savage played for Camelon and Bo’ness United when they were in the Junior League.

I always rated him as a central midfielder with an eye for a goal.  He was in the same academy age group as Daniel Baur, Callumn Morrison and Jamie Gullan.

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Footballfirst said:

"Came lon"   or "Kame lin" for the locals

I heard that Jonathan Sutherland say it as Cam-elon last night but I heard a few years back it's Kame-lin so as always the professionals got it wrong.

10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I always rated him as a central midfielder with an eye for a goal.  He was in the same academy age group as Daniel Baur, Callumn Morrison and Jamie Gullan.

Ryan was loaned to Bo’ness from Raith Rovers then transferred later on.

Just watched Rose v BU highlights and no complaints ( well 2nd pen a bit harsh ) - good coverage and commentary from Rose and would be great to see them win at Dens (not by giving them 2 goal lead before starting to play !!)

Another game most teams would take care of with ease. Brora away will be a massive problem for us. Can really see us struggling. 

18 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Decent chance our game at the weekend will be off, they will prob struggle to get this played before Sat 

With the game now scheduled for Wednesday and moved to Dunipace's 3G park it woud take a heavy frost to put the game off I'd guess

2 hours ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Another game most teams would take care of with ease. Brora away will be a massive problem for us. Can really see us struggling. 

Whoever we play it will be on a shit pitch, the oppo right in our faces, kicking lumps out us......you know how our players react to that!

12 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Whoever we play it will be on a shit pitch, the oppo right in our faces, kicking lumps out us......you know how our players react to that!

Exactly, a few will shit their pants

alwaysthereinspirit
18 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Legally kicking lumps out off us or hard and fair?

Maybe a real ref would be a good start.

The Treasurer
19 hours ago, Thomaso said:

With a game against Dunfermline next midweek I doubt we'll be at full strength either 

52 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

With a game against Dunfermline next midweek I doubt we'll be at full strength either 

We urgently need to bring in new GOOD players ASAP or I can see this season crumbling.

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup draw - Brora away