Scottish Cup draw - Brora away

Smoked-Glass

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Can't see this happening this week to be honest.

Would be great if it does, if they do want to get in about us, they will be run off their feet with 2 games in the week 

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Maroon Sailor

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

We urgently need to bring in new GOOD players ASAP or I can see this season crumbling.

We have reacted well to the 2 defeats thus far,  we will again with a week to recover. Only played a 120minute drainer 2 weeks ago. 

People are getting carried away. 

We will win this shitshow easy 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

We have reacted well to the 2 defeats thus far,  we will again with a week to recover. Only played a 120minute drainer 2 weeks ago. 

People are getting carried away. 

We will win this shitshow easy 

Are you saying we lost because the players were tired after the cup final? Really?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Are you saying we lost because the players were tired after the cup final? Really?

Cup final, Ayr and Arbroath, the opposition might be shit but you still have to put the body out there. 

There's a really ignorant misconception that physically playing shit teams is physically easy.  And in the worst weather on heavy pitches. 

Did we play shit, absolutely yes, not excuses but reasons that may have contributed to lower performance levels. 

I'll give you a £100 bet,  that we win the league,  should it finish legally of course 

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Cup final, Ayr and Arbroath, the opposition might be shit but you still have to put the body out there. 

There's a really ignorant misconception that physically playing shit teams is physically easy.  And in the worst weather on heavy pitches. 

Did we play shit, absolutely yes, not excuses but reasons that may have contributed to lower performance levels. 

I'll give you a £100 bet,  that we win the league,  should it finish legally of course 

You are on for a charity bet to who ever wins choice of charity. Bit of a win - win that.

Is there a point at which the match has to be played?

What's the odds on the next round draw being "Heart of Midlothian or Camelon Juniors or Brora Rangers" versus "Dumbarton or Huntly or Cumbernauld Colts"?

9 hours ago, number-16 said:

Is there a point at which the match has to be played?

What's the odds on the next round draw being "Heart of Midlothian or Camelon Juniors or Brora Rangers" versus "Dumbarton or Huntly or Cumbernauld Colts"?

Hibs or Celtic away :vrface:

Whats going on with this game ? Id imagine the Brora players must be down here waiting about for the game to be arranged and played  ?

I cant see us playing this weekend the game will be off . Surely the game could be played even at Oriam on the 4G indoors just to get it played .

The Camelon manager Gordon Herd fitted a boiler for me a few years ago good guy used to play for Linlithgow Rose . 

Is this game even allowed to take place at the minute?  The guidance says those "involved in professional sports, for training, coaching or competing in an event" will be allowed to leave their homes, but Camelon Juniors surely can't be counted as a professional team in eyes of the restrictions?  Even Brora Rangers must be a push for that?

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Is this game even allowed to take place at the minute?  The guidance says those "involved in professional sports, for training, coaching or competing in an event" will be allowed to leave their homes, but Camelon Juniors surely can't be counted as a professional team in eyes of the restrictions?  Even Brora Rangers must be a push for that?

They are counted as that. Guidelines call it elite levels of sport or something, and our 'elite' levels go down to 6th or 7th tier which these teams are in I believe. 

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

They are both counted as senior teams Camelon Juniors despite  their name play in the East of Scotland League which is the level below the Lowland League. Highland League is same tier as Loeland League. They pay their players who are part time like some championship clubs and all of leagues 1 and 2. 

Under Covid, Elite sport should be where it is your primary source of income and you are under a testing regime.

If not testing,you can participate where it is possible to be 2 metres apart.

IMO.

Edited by DETTY29

3 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Whats going on with this game ? Id imagine the Brora players must be down here waiting about for the game to be arranged and played  ?

I cant see us playing this weekend the game will be off . Surely the game could be played even at Oriam on the 4G indoors just to get it played .

The Camelon manager Gordon Herd fitted a boiler for me a few years ago good guy used to play for Linlithgow Rose . 

It looks like a 4 hour journey. I'd guess there will be a morning pitch inspection at Dunipace 3G (if needed) and Brora would set off early afternoon.
In the last round Musselburgh Ath made the journey to Wick, played the game and extra time and drove straight back down the road.

4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

That baw tweaking welt is a feckin tool who can't even pronounce the word 'tit'.

Listen to the prick saying "situation". He misses out the letter 't'. As does that McLaughlin geezer. 

Professional my farter. 

I know I shouldn't, but . . . !!!!

7 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Herd started at Sauchie then good spell at Bo’ness - very quick and scored a lot of goals

Bazzas right boot
On 04/01/2021 at 18:11, Thomaso said:

We urgently need to bring in new GOOD players ASAP or I can see this season crumbling.

Crumbling...... 

Calm down to a panic. 

14 hours ago, Rab WL said:

Herd started at Sauchie then good spell at Bo’ness - very quick and scored a lot of goals

Yeah he is a good guy hoping they beat Brora . 

19 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Under Covid, Elite sport should be where it is your primary source of income and you are under a testing regime.

If not testing,you can participate where it is possible to be 2 metres apart.

IMO.

That would be our season ****ed then. :) 

Ridiculous that tonight’s game is going ahead. Brora, all amateurs, being asked to make 350-400 mile round trip to play football when entire country has been told to stay at home. Their kids can’t go to school but they can travel the length of the country to play football? Crazy. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Ridiculous that tonight’s game is going ahead. Brora, all amateurs, being asked to make 350-400 mile round trip to play football when entire country has been told to stay at home. Their kids can’t go to school but they can travel the length of the country to play football? Crazy. 

Was -4 overnight, no chance game going ahead. Will expect an announcement soon I'd imagine. 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think they are semi pro and not amateur. 

Theme From Sparta F.C.
39 minutes ago, systemx said:

Just spoke to cttee.man@Dunipace and he says not looking good at moment

The grass was frozen solid in Falkirk this morning at 6am as i walked to work.

It made me think that the Camelon v Brora match has no chance of going ahead tonight. 🥺

44 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Think they are semi pro and not amateur. 

Technically so Dave but majority of their players income is from non-football employment. That’s amateur/ playing for fun to me. Same league as Fort William. No one could call them anything but amateur and even that’s stretching it. 

29 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Play it at Oriam and switch the next round to Tynecastle otherwise the entire tournament is going to be held up. 

The cup should be suspended before the bigger clubs start. Use the cup dates for league matches and if leagues get finished play the cup over a three week period at end of season.  

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Technically so Dave but majority of their players income is from non-football employment. That’s amateur/ playing for fun to me. Same league as Fort William. No one could call them anything but amateur and even that’s stretching it. 

If you get payed more than expenses you’re not amateur. Ask HMRC. 😄

16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If you get payed more than expenses you’re not amateur. Ask HMRC. 😄

I know that but there’s pro’s and there’s pro’s and there’s teams who just play at it. Regardless I think it’s ridiculous that these guys are having to take a day off work to travel nearly 400 miles for a football match when the country is in lockdown. Apart from anything else the COVID risk on their bus is not worth it. 

I sit corrected so far. A jambo on Twitter asked Camelon if the game is still on tonight, they replied with 'looking good so far'. Surely they would have called it off by now due to the 4hour journey the Brora Boys will be making.

33 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I know that but there’s pro’s and there’s pro’s and there’s teams who just play at it. Regardless I think it’s ridiculous that these guys are having to take a day off work to travel nearly 400 miles for a football match when the country is in lockdown. Apart from anything else the COVID risk on their bus is not worth it. 

It’s a fair point. 

41 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

This. 

Crazy tbh. 

43 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

In perpspective , hard to to disagree with this. 

20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It’s a fair point. 

Yep, and yellow weather warning for snow and ice in place from 15.00 onwards today and all day tomorrow for everywhere in Scotland north of the borders. Crazy asking them to travel. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I agree with regards to the covid aspect but these guys all signed for Brora knowing that it would involve midweek trips that would require them to take time off work

The Treasurer
10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, and yellow weather warning for snow and ice in place from 15.00 onwards today and all day tomorrow for everywhere in Scotland north of the borders. Crazy asking them to travel. 

Same could be said for quite a number of fixtures, including our cup tie, if Brora win tonight

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

The cup should be suspended before the bigger clubs start. Use the cup dates for league matches and if leagues get finished play the cup over a three week period at end of season.  

Got all year to play it.

December final went okay recently.

13 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Same could be said for quite a number of fixtures, including our cup tie, if Brora win tonight

Yes, Cumbernauld to Huntly tonight as well 

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It is indeed. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Bit of a mess this. Fixture backlog could get tricky

Just play it next season 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?!?! 

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

You could extend that to the 20 or so SPFL clubs who are part time. They all employ semi professional players whose majority income is from non football employment.

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup draw - Brora away