Scottish Cup draw - Brora away

Smoked-Glass

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

There may be a further issue. Under normal Scottish Cup rules, I don’t think you can field players who weren’t signed on the original date of the tie, which was 11th January. On that basis McEneff, Gnanduillet and Kastaneer would all be ineligible (although GMS could play). Meanwhile we have sent out on loan or transferred Wighton, Roberts, Moore and Lee all of whom could have played on the original date. It would be nice to think that the SFA will relax this rule ....but I haven’t seen anything to that effect.

They relaxed it for the semis and finals for ‘last’ season’s competition. 

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Maroon Sailor

• davemclaren

• Sir Gio

neilnunb

IF we somehow managed to get to the final we could be 3 weeks without a game (assuming we win the Championship).  🤔

Kiwidoug
6 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

IF we somehow managed to get to the final we could be 3 weeks without a game (assuming we win the Championship).  🤔

We won't though.  Someone on here about 15 pages ago told us that Brora would be a step too far for us.

😂😂😂❤❤❤

Drumjambo
On 25/02/2021 at 11:52, Bob Loblaw said:

I also think Hearts know leagues will resume, hence the reluctance to recall Cammy Logan as cover for Smith.

Has he played for them?  Id be getting both young full backs and conor smith back and playing them  

10 games left perfect - give them a run in the team lets face it we've been pedestrian at best last few games 

Andrew Stevenson

Brora's website is advertising a PPV live stream for the cup tie. £12.

Given that they were done out of a play off place so that mighty Brechin could stay in division 2 we can presumably subscribe with a clear conscience.

Have been to a couple of Brora home games. Nice wee ground but not sure what quality the stream will be.

davemclaren
35 minutes ago, Andrew Stevenson said:

Given that they were done out of a play off place so that mighty Brechin could stay in division 2 we can presumably subscribe with a clear conscience.

Have been to a couple of Brora home games. Nice wee ground but not sure what quality the stream will be.

As the PPV money will be split 50/50 after costs the more the merrier imo. 

GinRummy
3 minutes ago, Andrew Stevenson said:

Quite an interesting tie for a change. Good to play a side we haven’t played. 12 quid is an ok price as well. 

GinRummy
On 03/03/2021 at 18:22, neilnunb said:

Two weeks. Semis on the 8th and final on the 22nd 

One five
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Yip I’ll be getting it 👍

5-1Jambo
3 hours ago, Andrew Stevenson said:

Fine but what is the quality likely to be like. Some guy with his ipad? Saying that I still probably pay it. DOH!!! 

Niemi’s gloves
On 03/03/2021 at 16:35, davemclaren said:

They relaxed it for the semis and finals for ‘last’ season’s competition. 

Not for our benefit though!!

I think as things stand, McEneff, Gnaduillet and Kastaneer are all ineligible for the Brora game on the basis of rule 15(b) and Kastaneer also for the Stranraer game (assuming we beat Brora). I’m happy to be corrected if anyone has contrary information.

The SFA Board does have the power under the final cup rule (rule 34) to make changes to the rules. Perhaps the club is lobbying to that effect, particularly if we are being asked to play Brora on a date when some players may be on international duty. 

davemclaren
7 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I think as things stand, McEneff, Gnaduillet and Kastaneer are all ineligible for the Brora game on the basis of rule 15(b) and Kastaneer also for the Stranraer game (assuming we beat Brora). I’m happy to be corrected if anyone has contrary information.

The SFA Board does have the power under the final cup rule (rule 34) to make changes to the rules. Perhaps the club is lobbying to that effect, particularly if we are being asked to play Brora on a date when some players may be on international duty. 

Yes, I’ve seen nothing about a rule relaxation either. 

inspector
10 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Are we not within our rights to ask for a postponement due to players being on International duty or is that just league games?

August Landmesser
On 08/03/2021 at 18:58, Andrew Stevenson said:

Just bumping this for info/reminders really;

https://brorarangers.cleeng.com/buy-now-brora-rangers-vs-heart-of-midlothian-23-march-2021/E650877397_GB

I just bought my ticket, a very quick and easy sign-up process.

Section Q
On 08/03/2021 at 19:00, davemclaren said:

Good to know...👍.....!

58 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Natural order even then. 

Looks like an ice hockey game in that pic. 

3 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Natural order even then. 

We could take them on at Snakes and Ladders and still win 😂

VikingHeart
On 11/03/2021 at 14:58, August Landmesser said:

Just bumping this for info/reminders really;

https://brorarangers.cleeng.com/buy-now-brora-rangers-vs-heart-of-midlothian-23-march-2021/E650877397_GB

I just bought my ticket, a very quick and easy sign-up process.

Not sure if this will available for us international Hearts TV subs but thanks for the info AL👍

6 hours ago, milky_26 said:

agree was straight forward and easy buying the ticket

Good👍

6 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Really looking forward to this. A wee break from the league. 

Aye GR, looking forward to this meeting in the Highlands. Too bad Wick didn't make it but Brora will do👍

6 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Natural order even then. 

Yeah it looked more like a ice hockey rink in the picture😀 Natural order😎

StevenNaismith
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Hearts now promoting the PPV.

Seen a few morons on Facebook already stating not to give them a penny etc, Brora, like Hearts were unfairly punished last year. They’ll get my £12 even tho I won’t be able to watch the game.

CloustonHMFC
21 hours ago, VikingHeart said:

Not sure if this will available for us international Hearts TV subs but thanks for the info AL👍

The PPV is available for us to purchase but we won't get the stream via Hearts International because Brora has taken up their PPV option.

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

The PPV is available for us to purchase but we won't get the stream via Hearts International because Brora has taken up their PPV option.

Perhaps Audio only?

I'll post this in here and the Hearts TV thread too:

Unfortunately there won't be any Hearts TV coverage of the Brora match. Obviously Brora have taken up the PPV option so it would have only been audio anyway, however the decision has been made to not cover the game. 

The good news with the PPV option is you'll still get a Jambo on commentary, as Iain Auld will be doing the coverage - I'll be tuning in myself actually! 😀

Ford Prentice

Cup rules now relaxed for this round so all January signings can play.

Kiwidoug

Didn't realise that a date had been set for this.

I think Brora's lack of game time might just give us the edge.

I'm going 9-0.

5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Didn't realise that a date had been set for this.

I think Brora's lack of game time might just give us the edge.

I'm going 9-0.

At least get a draw and get them back to Tynecastle, give us the edge a bit at home.

Hungry hippo
42 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

At least get a draw and get them back to Tynecastle, give us the edge a bit at home.

I know you're joking but just to mention that there are no replays.

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

What, no money spinners? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Remember we have to win the tie rather than just assume it will happen..it should but no gtees have been handed out

IF through then of course a home tie awaits but gain no gtees of victory

Brora are in an unfortunate position regarding no organised training or matches for 2/3 months or so but it's hardly our fault so we look to take advantage and they would do the same were roles reversed....and it could be the same for Stranraer

Scottish Cup 2020/21 Fixture Dates

Second Round: Tuesday, 23 March
Third Round: Saturday, 3 April
Fourth Round: Saturday, 17 April
Fifth Round: Saturday, 24 April
Semi-Finals: Saturday, 8 & Sunday, 9 May
Final: Saturday, 22 May

Footballfirst

Peter Stuart has been appointed as referee for the game.  He was just promoted to Cat 1 this season.  He is from  the Edinburgh & District association though. I've seen him ref a number of games at lower levels and leagues, including Hearts reserves and development games.  He's not the best, but equally so not the worst.

Edited by Footballfirst
Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, Ford Prentice said:

Cup rules now relaxed for this round so all January signings can play.

Good news for us if this is correct, particularly given that we are likely to have players on international duty.

Where did you pick this up? It isn’t mentioned in the SFA statement on the cup games as it appears on their web site. 

Mikey1874
17 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Peter Stuart has been appointed as referee for the game.  He was just promoted to Cat 1 this season.  He is from  the Edinburgh & District association though. I've seen him ref a number of games at lower levels and leagues, including Hearts reserves and development games.  He's not the best, but equally so not the worst.

It can happen same as players that refs come into their own at a higher level. 

Kiwidoug

This page just demonstrates that the Scottish Cup is not an easy trophy to win.  125 years ago we had to overcome Hibernian to win it.  Now, 125 years later, we have to overcome an equally difficult oponent in Brora Rangers just to make the next round.

Tough.

1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

Ah well hopefully they tire in extra time😂

GinRummy

Great news @Daktari . I know it’s only Brora and Stranraer but it’s only fair we should have our players available.

Daktari
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Great news @Daktari . I know it’s only Brora and Stranraer but it’s only fair we should have our players available.

Who would've thought that they could do common sense......🙄

GinRummy
Just now, Daktari said:

Who would've thought that they could do common sense......🙄

First time for everything. 

VikingHeart
7 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I better tune into Brora TV for this fixture then👍

6 hours ago, Laurie said:

I'll post this in here and the Hearts TV thread too:

Unfortunately there won't be any Hearts TV coverage of the Brora match. Obviously Brora have taken up the PPV option so it would have only been audio anyway, however the decision has been made to not cover the game. 

The good news with the PPV option is you'll still get a Jambo on commentary, as Iain Auld will be doing the coverage - I'll be tuning in myself actually! 😀

Thanks for the clarification Laurie👍

Niemi’s gloves
25 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

In fact it appears that it is only the Brora game that this change applies to. If so, McEneff and Kastaneer won’t be eligible for the Stranraer game because they signed on the Monday after that game was due to be played. But we should have players back from international duty for that (assuming we beat Brora).

To me it looks as if Hearts and the SFA have done a deal - we will play the Brora game without a fuss about players being on international duty and in return we are allowed to play new signings. 

GinRummy
2 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

In fact it appears that it is only the Brora game that this change applies to. If so, McEneff and Kastaneer won’t be eligible for the Stranraer game because they signed on the Monday after that game was due to be played. But we should have players back from international duty for that (assuming we beat Brora).

To me it looks as if Hearts and the SFA have done a deal - we will play the Brora game without a fuss about players being on international duty and in return we are allowed to play new signings. 

That would all make sense.

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

That’s a bizarre arrangement, if true. 

Newton51
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

That’s a bizarre arrangement, if true. 

A Scottish FA spokesperson told the Evening News: “For season 2020/21, the terms of competition rule 12.5 will not apply for outstanding round two matches only.”

Rule 12.5 states: “When a match which is postponed, drawn, or abandoned is played or replayed, only those players who were eligible, by means of their registration, to be listed on the official team line for a club at the date fixed for originally playing the match, are eligible to be listed on the official team line for that club for the rescheduled match.”

It is bizarre but imagine we said that they would have to postpone game due to

call ups so this is their way around this. Stranraer game is after the international break so no issues 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

A Scottish FA spokesperson told the Evening News: “For season 2020/21, the terms of competition rule 12.5 will not apply for outstanding round two matches only.”

Rule 12.5 states: “When a match which is postponed, drawn, or abandoned is played or replayed, only those players who were eligible, by means of their registration, to be listed on the official team line for a club at the date fixed for originally playing the match, are eligible to be listed on the official team line for that club for the rescheduled match.”

It is bizarre but imagine we said that they would have to postpone game due to

call ups so this is their way around this. Stranraer game is after the international break so no issues 

Thanks for posting that. 

Smith's right boot

A third sc final in a row would be something, but I don't know if I can handle another loss, especially if mirrors the last two.