Jump to content

Scottish Cup draw - Brora away


Smoked-Glass

Recommended Posts

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:


There may be a further issue. Under normal Scottish Cup rules, I don’t think you can field players who weren’t signed on the original date of the tie, which was 11th January. On that basis McEneff, Gnanduillet and Kastaneer would all be ineligible (although GMS could play). Meanwhile we have sent out on loan or transferred Wighton, Roberts, Moore and Lee all of whom could have played on the original date. It would be nice to think that the SFA will relax this rule ....but I haven’t seen anything to that effect.

They relaxed it for the semis and finals for ‘last’ season’s competition. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Footballfirst

    45

  • Maroon Sailor

    38

  • davemclaren

    32

  • Sir Gio

    20

neilnunb

IF we somehow managed to get to the final we could be 3 weeks without a game (assuming we win the Championship).  🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug
6 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

IF we somehow managed to get to the final we could be 3 weeks without a game (assuming we win the Championship).  🤔

We won't though.  Someone on here about 15 pages ago told us that Brora would be a step too far for us.

 

😂😂😂❤❤❤

Link to post
Share on other sites
Drumjambo
On 25/02/2021 at 11:52, Bob Loblaw said:

I also think Hearts know leagues will resume, hence the reluctance to recall Cammy Logan as cover for Smith.

 

Has he played for them?  Id be getting both young full backs and conor smith back and playing them  

 

10 games left perfect - give them a run in the team lets face it we've been pedestrian at best last few games 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Andrew Stevenson

Brora's website is advertising a PPV live stream for the cup tie. £12.

Given that they were done out of a play off place so that mighty Brechin could stay in division 2 we can presumably subscribe with a clear conscience.

Have been to a couple of Brora home games. Nice wee ground but not sure what quality the stream will be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
35 minutes ago, Andrew Stevenson said:

Brora's website is advertising a PPV live stream for the cup tie. £12.

Given that they were done out of a play off place so that mighty Brechin could stay in division 2 we can presumably subscribe with a clear conscience.

Have been to a couple of Brora home games. Nice wee ground but not sure what quality the stream will be.

As the PPV money will be split 50/50 after costs the more the merrier imo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
3 minutes ago, Andrew Stevenson said:

Brora's website is advertising a PPV live stream for the cup tie. £12.

Given that they were done out of a play off place so that mighty Brechin could stay in division 2 we can presumably subscribe with a clear conscience.

Have been to a couple of Brora home games. Nice wee ground but not sure what quality the stream will be.

Quite an interesting tie for a change. Good to play a side we haven’t played. 12 quid is an ok price as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
On 03/03/2021 at 18:22, neilnunb said:

IF we somehow managed to get to the final we could be 3 weeks without a game (assuming we win the Championship).  🤔

Two weeks. Semis on the 8th and final on the 22nd 

Link to post
Share on other sites
One five
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

As the PPV money will be split 50/50 after costs the more the merrier imo. 

Yip I’ll be getting it 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
5-1Jambo
3 hours ago, Andrew Stevenson said:

Brora's website is advertising a PPV live stream for the cup tie. £12.

Given that they were done out of a play off place so that mighty Brechin could stay in division 2 we can presumably subscribe with a clear conscience.

Have been to a couple of Brora home games. Nice wee ground but not sure what quality the stream will be.

Fine but what is the quality likely to be like. Some guy with his ipad? Saying that I still probably pay it. DOH!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Niemi’s gloves
On 03/03/2021 at 16:35, davemclaren said:

They relaxed it for the semis and finals for ‘last’ season’s competition. 


Not for our benefit though!!

 

I think as things stand, McEneff, Gnaduillet and Kastaneer are all ineligible for the Brora game on the basis of rule 15(b) and Kastaneer also for the Stranraer game (assuming we beat Brora). I’m happy to be corrected if anyone has contrary information.
 

The SFA Board does have the power under the final cup rule (rule 34) to make changes to the rules. Perhaps the club is lobbying to that effect, particularly if we are being asked to play Brora on a date when some players may be on international duty. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
7 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:


Not for our benefit though!!

 

I think as things stand, McEneff, Gnaduillet and Kastaneer are all ineligible for the Brora game on the basis of rule 15(b) and Kastaneer also for the Stranraer game (assuming we beat Brora). I’m happy to be corrected if anyone has contrary information.
 

The SFA Board does have the power under the final cup rule (rule 34) to make changes to the rules. Perhaps the club is lobbying to that effect, particularly if we are being asked to play Brora on a date when some players may be on international duty. 

Yes, I’ve seen nothing about a rule relaxation either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
inspector
10 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:


Not for our benefit though!!

 

I think as things stand, McEneff, Gnaduillet and Kastaneer are all ineligible for the Brora game on the basis of rule 15(b) and Kastaneer also for the Stranraer game (assuming we beat Brora). I’m happy to be corrected if anyone has contrary information.
 

The SFA Board does have the power under the final cup rule (rule 34) to make changes to the rules. Perhaps the club is lobbying to that effect, particularly if we are being asked to play Brora on a date when some players may be on international duty. 

Are we not within our rights to ask for a postponement due to players being on International duty or is that just league games?

Link to post
Share on other sites
August Landmesser
On 08/03/2021 at 18:58, Andrew Stevenson said:

Brora's website is advertising a PPV live stream for the cup tie. £12.

Given that they were done out of a play off place so that mighty Brechin could stay in division 2 we can presumably subscribe with a clear conscience.

Have been to a couple of Brora home games. Nice wee ground but not sure what quality the stream will be.

Just bumping this for info/reminders really;

 

https://brorarangers.cleeng.com/buy-now-brora-rangers-vs-heart-of-midlothian-23-march-2021/E650877397_GB

 

I just bought my ticket, a very quick and easy sign-up process.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Section Q
On 08/03/2021 at 19:00, davemclaren said:

As the PPV money will be split 50/50 after costs the more the merrier imo. 

Good to know...👍.....!

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Natural order even then. 
 

Looks like an ice hockey game in that pic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Natural order even then. 
 

Looks like an ice hockey game in that pic. 


We could take them on at Snakes and Ladders and still win 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
VikingHeart
On 11/03/2021 at 14:58, August Landmesser said:

Just bumping this for info/reminders really;

 

https://brorarangers.cleeng.com/buy-now-brora-rangers-vs-heart-of-midlothian-23-march-2021/E650877397_GB

 

I just bought my ticket, a very quick and easy sign-up process.

 

Not sure if this will available for us international Hearts TV subs but thanks for the info AL👍

 

6 hours ago, milky_26 said:

agree was straight forward and easy buying the ticket

Good👍

6 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Really looking forward to this. A wee break from the league. 

Aye GR, looking forward to this meeting in the Highlands. Too bad Wick didn't make it but Brora will do👍

 

6 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Natural order even then. 
 

Looks like an ice hockey game in that pic. 

Yeah it looked more like a ice hockey rink in the picture😀 Natural order😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
StevenNaismith
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Hearts now promoting the PPV.

 

 

Seen a few morons on Facebook already stating not to give them a penny etc, Brora, like Hearts were unfairly punished last year. They’ll get my £12 even tho I won’t be able to watch the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
CloustonHMFC
21 hours ago, VikingHeart said:

 

Not sure if this will available for us international Hearts TV subs but thanks for the info AL👍

 

 

The PPV is available for us to purchase but we won't get the stream via Hearts International because Brora has taken up their PPV option.

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
18 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

The PPV is available for us to purchase but we won't get the stream via Hearts International because Brora has taken up their PPV option.

Perhaps Audio only?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll post this in here and the Hearts TV thread too:

 

Unfortunately there won't be any Hearts TV coverage of the Brora match. Obviously Brora have taken up the PPV option so it would have only been audio anyway, however the decision has been made to not cover the game. 

 

The good news with the PPV option is you'll still get a Jambo on commentary, as Iain Auld will be doing the coverage - I'll be tuning in myself actually! 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ford Prentice

Cup rules now relaxed for this round so all January signings can play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug

Didn't realise that a date had been set for this.

 

I think Brora's lack of game time might just give us the edge.

 

I'm going 9-0.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Didn't realise that a date had been set for this.

 

I think Brora's lack of game time might just give us the edge.

 

I'm going 9-0.


At least get a draw and get them back to Tynecastle, give us the edge a bit at home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hungry hippo
42 minutes ago, Rudy T said:


At least get a draw and get them back to Tynecastle, give us the edge a bit at home.

 

I know you're joking but just to mention that there are no replays.

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

 

I know you're joking but just to mention that there are no replays.

What, no money spinners? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember we have to win the tie rather than just assume it will happen..it should but no gtees have been handed out

 

IF through then of course a home tie awaits but gain no gtees of victory

 

Brora are in an unfortunate position regarding no organised training or matches for 2/3 months or so but it's hardly our fault so we look to take advantage and they would do the same were roles reversed....and it could be the same for Stranraer

 

Scottish Cup 2020/21 Fixture Dates

Second Round: Tuesday, 23 March
Third Round: Saturday, 3 April
Fourth Round: Saturday, 17 April
Fifth Round: Saturday, 24 April
Semi-Finals: Saturday, 8 & Sunday, 9 May
Final: Saturday, 22 May

Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst

Peter Stuart has been appointed as referee for the game.  He was just promoted to Cat 1 this season.  He is from  the Edinburgh & District association though. I've seen him ref a number of games at lower levels and leagues, including Hearts reserves and development games.  He's not the best, but equally so not the worst.

Edited by Footballfirst
Link to post
Share on other sites
Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, Ford Prentice said:

Cup rules now relaxed for this round so all January signings can play.

Good news for us if this is correct, particularly given that we are likely to have players on international duty.

 

Where did you pick this up? It isn’t mentioned in the SFA statement on the cup games as it appears on their web site. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
17 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Peter Stuart has been appointed as referee for the game.  He was just promoted to Cat 1 this season.  He is from  the Edinburgh & District association though. I've seen him ref a number of games at lower levels and leagues, including Hearts reserves and development games.  He's not the best, but equally so not the worst.

 

It can happen same as players that refs come into their own at a higher level. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug

This page just demonstrates that the Scottish Cup is not an easy trophy to win.  125 years ago we had to overcome Hibernian to win it.  Now, 125 years later, we have to overcome an equally difficult oponent in Brora Rangers just to make the next round.

 

Tough.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

 

I know you're joking but just to mention that there are no replays.


Ah well hopefully they tire in extra time😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy

Great news @Daktari . I know it’s only Brora and Stranraer but it’s only fair we should have our players available.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Daktari
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Great news @Daktari . I know it’s only Brora and Stranraer but it’s only fair we should have our players available.

Who would've thought that they could do common sense......🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
Just now, Daktari said:

Who would've thought that they could do common sense......🙄

First time for everything. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
VikingHeart
7 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

The PPV is available for us to purchase but we won't get the stream via Hearts International because Brora has taken up their PPV option.

I better tune into Brora TV for this fixture then👍

6 hours ago, Laurie said:

I'll post this in here and the Hearts TV thread too:

 

Unfortunately there won't be any Hearts TV coverage of the Brora match. Obviously Brora have taken up the PPV option so it would have only been audio anyway, however the decision has been made to not cover the game. 

 

The good news with the PPV option is you'll still get a Jambo on commentary, as Iain Auld will be doing the coverage - I'll be tuning in myself actually! 😀

Thanks for the clarification Laurie👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
Niemi’s gloves
25 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Great news @Daktari . I know it’s only Brora and Stranraer but it’s only fair we should have our players available.

In fact it appears that it is only the Brora game that this change applies to. If so, McEneff and Kastaneer won’t be eligible for the Stranraer game because they signed on the Monday after that game was due to be played. But we should have players back from international duty for that (assuming we beat Brora).

 

To me it looks as if Hearts and the SFA have done a deal - we will play the Brora game without a fuss about players being on international duty and in return we are allowed to play new signings. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
2 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

In fact it appears that it is only the Brora game that this change applies to. If so, McEneff and Kastaneer won’t be eligible for the Stranraer game because they signed on the Monday after that game was due to be played. But we should have players back from international duty for that (assuming we beat Brora).

 

To me it looks as if Hearts and the SFA have done a deal - we will play the Brora game without a fuss about players being on international duty and in return we are allowed to play new signings. 

That would all make sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
10 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

In fact it appears that it is only the Brora game that this change applies to. If so, McEneff and Kastaneer won’t be eligible for the Stranraer game because they signed on the Monday after that game was due to be played. But we should have players back from international duty for that (assuming we beat Brora).

 

To me it looks as if Hearts and the SFA have done a deal - we will play the Brora game without a fuss about players being on international duty and in return we are allowed to play new signings. 

That’s a bizarre arrangement, if true. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Newton51
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

That’s a bizarre arrangement, if true. 

A Scottish FA spokesperson told the Evening News: “For season 2020/21, the terms of competition rule 12.5 will not apply for outstanding round two matches only.”

Rule 12.5 states: “When a match which is postponed, drawn, or abandoned is played or replayed, only those players who were eligible, by means of their registration, to be listed on the official team line for a club at the date fixed for originally playing the match, are eligible to be listed on the official team line for that club for the rescheduled match.”
 

 

It is bizarre but imagine we said that they would have to postpone game due to

call ups so this is their way around this. Stranraer game is after the international break so no issues 

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

A Scottish FA spokesperson told the Evening News: “For season 2020/21, the terms of competition rule 12.5 will not apply for outstanding round two matches only.”

Rule 12.5 states: “When a match which is postponed, drawn, or abandoned is played or replayed, only those players who were eligible, by means of their registration, to be listed on the official team line for a club at the date fixed for originally playing the match, are eligible to be listed on the official team line for that club for the rescheduled match.”
 

 

It is bizarre but imagine we said that they would have to postpone game due to

call ups so this is their way around this. Stranraer game is after the international break so no issues 

Thanks for posting that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot

A third sc final in a row would be something, but I don't know if I can handle another loss, especially if mirrors the last two. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...