• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Maroon Sailor

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

46 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We haven’t been in the second round since 1970 apparently. What changed after that

season?

Looks like the name of the rounds/the format simply changed. In 1969-70, there were two preliminary rounds and then the last 32 was the first round. In 1970-71, there were no preliminary rounds and the last 32 was the third round (with round 1 and 2 acting like the preliminary rounds in the previous season).

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

At 28 I was wondering why Simon Murray finds himself at Queen's Park - but after that miss when he goes round the keeper, has all the time in the world to put it in the net, and he takes his time but still smashes it against the bar, it's no surprise

Did Lennon not say he was worth millions 😆

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

On TV surely?

Surely down to viewing figures then it will definitely be the live game

Lets be frank this is always the excuse  submitted by tv companies when we are forced to watchAlbion Rovers v Celtic or Arbroath v Rangers etc

4 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

Looks like the name of the rounds/the format simply changed. In 1969-70, there were two preliminary rounds and then the last 32 was the first round. In 1970-71, there were no preliminary rounds and the last 32 was the third round (with round 1 and 2 acting like the preliminary rounds in the previous season).

Cheers. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

He's no worth a pound

Can’t find anything, they got £150k for him 2.5 years ago. Strange to see he’s playing for QP, shame 😆😂

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Can hardly see the ball with the snow on the pitch

I thought it was just me, the lights don’t help. These balls are supposed to be designed to be seen easier in the winter ffs 😆

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can’t find anything, they got £150k for him 2.5 years ago. Strange to see he’s playing for QP, shame 😆😂

Just checked Ray McKinnon the manager had Murray at Dundee United

12 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

At 28 I was wondering why Simon Murray finds himself at Queen's Park - but after that miss when he goes round the keeper, has all the time in the world to put it in the net, and he takes his time but still smashes it against the bar, it's no surprise

I think he had career ending type injury problems and has fought his way back to play any level he can. 

Niemi’s gloves
29 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Lets be frank this is always the excuse  submitted by tv companies when we are forced to watchAlbion Rovers v Celtic or Arbroath v Rangers etc

if it’s not it should be a nice little PPV  earner for Camelon or Brora. Sensible price (£10?), split between the clubs, no reason to boycott it.

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Queen’s Park are full time and backed by Willie haughty so although Murray is league 2 the money will be close to championship level

Looks like they'll skoosh the 2nd division

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Barney bulge said:

Last time I played at Camelon  I’m sure myles Hogarth was in goal for them. 
hearts 25th choice keeper at one time 

Played up front in a pre season friendly at Brechin 

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

if it’s not it should be a nice little PPV  earner for Camelon or Brora. Sensible price (£10?), split between the clubs, no reason to boycott it.

Hopefully, if not on BBC. 

1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

Agreed.

Brora away is a nasty wee tie to get.

No replays, et and penalties.

Played 9th Jan. Not much time

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Brora should be ok. Right by the sea, with no Highland League thing must be in better shape than normal 

211 miles and 4 hours away roughly....in Scottish terms that is a long road trip (and 2 coaches to travel)

Are flights possible to say Inverness ?....58 miles from there to Brora...however Covid regulations may apply and will there be any flights at all ?

Issues may result re hotel stay as well as to whether we can stay overnight prior to any match......need to establish date and time first of any tie

We can see already that it will not be the easiest tie to organise

Camelon does make things easier in terms of organisation

Edited by CJGJ

Footballfirst
10 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

If we do end up playing Camelon, I think they would switch the tie to the Falkirk stadium to ensure that the Covid considerations could be met more easily.

9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

If we do end up playing Camelon, I think they would switch the tie to the Falkirk stadium to ensure that the Covid considerations could be met more easily.

Would Brora consider Dingwall or Inverness?

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Wrong canal. The park is next to the Forth & Clyde Canal.  The Union canal joins it at the Falkirk Wheel, the best part of a mile to the west.

The point stands then 😏

It's not that far to the wheel and the Union canal itself is within Berra punt range.

IMG_29122020_001352_(20_x_30_mm).thumb.jpg.1974d4de5a2a313fd02669c89bed2997.jpg

12 hours ago, Barack said:

Enjoyed my time playing on Camelon Juniors' pitch.

Scored too.

:verysmug:

I didn't have as much joy last year. We got pumped. Camelon were the best team we played I thought. Very fit and hard working and moved the ball well.

12 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Brora RangersBe-our-new-copywriter.-600x400.pngo

IMG_20180324_150543.jpg?resize=652%2C367C

camelon

IMG_20180324_131930.jpg?resize=652%2C367

There is absolutely no chance of social distancing here. The changing rooms fit about 8 players max, and you share the showers with the opposition. As far as I can remember there wasn't anywhere else to change. I think the opposition in the league currently will drive to the games in their kit. Hearts to put a portacabin outside the stadium?!

45 minutes ago, Dayman said:

I didn't have as much joy last year. We got pumped. Camelon were the best team we played I thought. Very fit and hard working and moved the ball well.

There is absolutely no chance of social distancing here. The changing rooms fit about 8 players max, and you share the showers with the opposition. As far as I can remember there wasn't anywhere else to change. I think the opposition in the league currently will drive to the games in their kit. Hearts to put a portacabin outside the stadium?!

We might book a nearby hotel for the night so players can get showered in rooms afterwards......

I think Scot Gardiner said that was what ICT had to do when playing QoS, so we will be used to, or have to get used to.

As an edit - shared showers and you get an SFA licence to play including the SC.  🤣

Edited by DETTY29

Samuel Camazzola
9 hours ago, CJGJ said:

211 miles and 4 hours away roughly....in Scottish terms that is a long road trip (and 2 coaches to travel)

Are flights possible to say Inverness ?....58 miles from there to Brora...however Covid regulations may apply and will there be any flights at all ?

Issues may result re hotel stay as well as to whether we can stay overnight prior to any match......need to establish date and time first of any tie

When Hearts play ICT or Ross County, the usual stay over the night before is at the MacDonald Hotels in Aviemore. They may do the same again as it would be possible to prioritise one of the hotels (there are four) for the club. 

If we do play Brora, do not expect this to be a walkover. I watched them take 10 off Fort William a week past Saturday. They are a good side. Saying that, we should still be progressing to the next round. I would happily accept a win of any description now.

2 hours ago, inspector said:

If we do play Brora, do not expect this to be a walkover. I watched them take 10 off Fort William a week past Saturday. They are a good side. Saying that, we should still be progressing to the next round. I would happily accept a win of any description now.

TBF Fort William are not very good, was  in your village in 2015 when up in Dornoch on hols,

lovely place. fished on a boat off Rockfield back in the 70s when staying on a farm about a mile outside your village.

2 hours ago, inspector said:

Watching live football - Very 2010ish. 

40 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

TBF Fort William are not very good, was  in your village in 2015 when up in Dornoch on hols,

lovely place. fished on a boat off Rockfield back in the 70s when staying on a farm about a mile outside your village.

Not such a lovely place today. Rain and sleet coming in sideways. You're right, Fort William not very good especially when they went down to 10 men after 30 minutes.

13 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Got to wonder how the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd manage. 

It's a straightforward journey. Main decision is where to stay overnight. 

I wonder if Camelon, and indeed Brora, would consider a switch to Tynecastle. Covid secure. Good broadcasting infrastructure in place. Crowd not an issue. Good experience for their lads playing on a great pitch in a big stadium. We could cover their travel expenses for them and give them some decent pizza at the end 

Edited by JimmyCant

The game is scheduled for  this Saturday with a 3pm KO. Given the weather forecast it would seem unlikely this game will be played. Unless it is switched to AstroTurf at Falkirk stadium but presumably that would cost too much.

4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Don't see why they would, Dave. 

It would be of no advantage as there will be no crowds anyway. 

But you never know. 

I’m more thinking of Covid compliance. 

Gorgie Boot boy
9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Don't see why they would, Dave. 

It would be of no advantage as there will be no crowds anyway. 

But you never know. 

Why is it late games are being played, no crowds. Is it TV or restrictions. May seem a daft question, i am daft as **** though, probably answered my own question.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

If it is Brora, we will hammer them.

Depends on the ref. We’re an even easier target than before. Yesterday proved that. It’s only a matter of time before we lose a player to a serious injury. 

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

If it is Brora, we will hammer them.

Fine and l hope you are correct but l have watched us struggle over the years to overcome teams like this. Auchinleck springs to mind.

6 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Bonnyrigg v Bo'ness has been switched to Ainslie Park on New Year's day at 3pm. 

Why is that FF? 👍 Covid compliance??

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Why is that FF? 👍 Covid compliance??

Just an effort to get the game played before the next round on 9 January.  There is no way that New Dundas Park will be playable in the next few days.

42 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Just an effort to get the game played before the next round on 9 January.  There is no way that New Dundas Park will be playable in the next few days.

I'm a bit concerned about our match next Saturday already. Should Camelon's park be unplayable on Saturday, should we offer them the use of Tynecastle on Monday or Tuesday to allow the game to go ahead?

I'm not that keen on a completely unnecessary backlog of fixtures that might include a 3 day trek up the Highlands in midweek. Was also kind of hoping we'd be the TV match of choice as well.

Footballfirst
23 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

I'm a bit concerned about our match next Saturday already. Should Camelon's park be unplayable on Saturday, should we offer them the use of Tynecastle on Monday or Tuesday to allow the game to go ahead?

I'm not that keen on a completely unnecessary backlog of fixtures that might include a 3 day trek up the Highlands in midweek. Was also kind of hoping we'd be the TV match of choice as well.

I don't think the weather in Brora will be much better, so every chance of a postponement next weekend if we were headed there.  It is more likely that Camelon will switch their tie to Falkirk or Livingston.

1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

have the TV games been announced yet

13 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I don't think the weather in Brora will be much better, so every chance of a postponement next weekend if we were headed there.  It is more likely that Camelon will switch their tie to Falkirk or Livingston.

Livi cant even get their own games on :lol:

Footballfirst
GAME OFF Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic v Bo’ness United

...... and 10 minutes later

SCOTTISH CUP: A few moving parts this morning which has been reason for no updates. Ainslie Park not playable today but New Dundas could be, subject to pitch inspection. Game will be at NDP today if deemed playable. Updates when we have it. #ScottishCup

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup draw - Brora away