***Official Heart of Midlothian v Ayr United Thread***

GinRummy

Up until his injury against Celtic Berra was outstanding for us, solid as a rock. He is not the player he was no argument there, however to read the comments of that Bongo chap was just plain BS.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• GinRummy

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Turned into a car crash this thread. 

This season is about getting promoted and we are going to do that bar SPFL intervention. 

Merits of individual players are neither here nor there so long as the job gets done and it is. 

Stick a couple of polls up if you feel strong enough. See who agrees 

I have to admit, while we all know there is no chance of Berra extending his contract with us for two obvious reasons, that I thought he was looking as fit, agile and mobile as I’ve seen him In quite some time today. 

28 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

what have you done in football bongo? How many appearances in the EPL? How many times have you captained the club you claim to support.. how many medals have you won for the club you claim to support? I assume you have more than 41 international caps.? 

I think not. 😂😂

bongo man - when you first arrived on here I really appreciated your insight.  You have lost the ****ing plot man.. 

Tell me what has Berra won? A Scottish cup medal, he didn't even play in the final 😂

Berra probably got more relegations to his name than winners medals or trophies. 

No i speak my mind and people don't like it, Berra was captain for large parts of last season and was shite, both Scottish Cup finals shite, honestly that's the truth. 

And the only reason he gets a game is because wobbie, played in the same team as him and doesn't want to embarrass the lad. 

An old pals act, just like Levein, you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. 

And that's exactly why we will never do anything major at this club.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Tell me what has Berra won? A Scottish cup medal, he didn't even play in the final 😂

Berra probably got more relegations to his name than winners medals or trophies. 

No i speak my mind and people don't like it, Berra was captain for large parts of last season and was shite, both Scottish Cup finals shite, honestly that's the truth. 

And the only reason he gets a game is because wobbie, played in the same team as him and doesn't want to embarrass the lad. 

It’s got **** all to do with “not liking it” your talking utter utter utter shite.  A keyboard warrior who’s probably done nothing more than tear a hammy at the pitz playing 5’s 😂😂 your opinion is utterly worthless.

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You don't think Berra is better than Popescu? 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

It’s got **** all to do with “not liking it” your talking utter utter utter shite.  A keyboard warrior who’s probably done nothing more than tear a hammy at the pitz playing 5’s 😂😂 your opinion is utterly worthless.

Aye well, I suppose teams will be begging to snap Berra up, seen as he can be signed on a pre contract. 

Why you getting lemon, a keyboard warrior sorry what are you doing this very moment 😂😂

1 minute ago, Ari Gold said:

You don't think Berra is better than Popescu? 

Nope but then again it wouldn't take much to be better than Berra trust me 😂

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I doubt you would know your arse from your elbow, never trust anyone who says 'trust me'.  Hanlon better is he?

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye well, I suppose teams will be begging to snap Berra up, seen as he can be signed on a pre contract. 

Why you getting lemon, a keyboard warrior sorry what are you doing this very moment 😂😂

laughing at you 😂 even folk who share the fair opinion and observation that berra isn’t the same player who has enjoyed such a successful career are laughing at you..

on he got relegated though - from the EPL 😂😂 stick to champ manager 😂😂.

Edited by kingantti1874

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

he says - you getting up early tomorrow to push trolleys around the Asda car park 😂😂 

Heart of Darkness
32 minutes ago, micole said:

Up until his injury against Celtic Berra was outstanding for us, solid as a rock. He is not the player he was no argument there, however to read the comments of that Bongo chap was just plain BS.

With the big improvements over the last couple of games maybe it was just taking time to get his fitness and confidence back. 🙏

Hopefully he keeps it up and pushes on as his experience will be vital whatever league we are in. 👍

12 minutes ago, geomac said:

I doubt you would know your arse from your elbow, never trust anyone who says 'trust me'.  Hanlon better is he?

Probably about the same both shite 😂

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

And you are remarkable, still using Levein gifs after that man totally mismanaged the club, screwed everything up, and led us to where we are in the 2nd tier. You were still supporting him up to when he was removed and clearly still support him even now. Why should I be surprised though, a supposed hearts fan who says hubz winning the 2016 cup was “a decent result”??? Like feck it was

:notsure:

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Probably about the same both shite 😂

is that your arse and your elbow that are both shite?  probably right

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

he says - you getting up early tomorrow to push trolleys around the Asda car park 😂😂 

Tell him I'm going to the dentist, and can book him in for an appointment if he wants too?. 

Just now, geomac said:

is that your arse and your elbow that are both shite?  probably right

Nah both are horrendously bad football players 😂

Just watched goal highlights on Hearts TV.. 

Their 3rd was an absolute calamity.

Keystone cop material. 

Ours were all lovely and beautiful but please ffs hearts cut out the crap that gave them a 3rd.  

7 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

Keystone cop material. 

Ours were all lovely and beautiful but please ffs hearts cut out the crap that gave them a 3rd.  

As Jimmy Sandison said, if you are going to gift the opposition a goal do it when you’re three goals up. 

Time for the Arbroath match thread I think. 😎

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

As Jimmy Sandison said, if you are going to gift the opposition a goal do it when you’re three goals up. 

Time for the Arbroath match thread I think. 😎

I was thinking that an hour ago, make it so 😆😜

WheatfieldWarrior
6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye is that why teams press the other centre half and sit of Berra knowing full well the guy isn't a football player 😂

Or am i just making this up. 

Sounds like you haven't seen a game lately, and probably not Berra's run down the wing to pick out Wighton for today's equalizer. 

Hackney Hearts
9 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

The issue is that we are letting in 3 goals to a poor Ayr side. It’s a very poor defensive performance. Another game and we repeat that, let in 3, and we wont win because we won’t score 5 every game

3 goals sounds a lot - but it wasn't a generally poor defensive performance.

Their 3rd was purely down to an individual mistake from one of our best and most consistent performers. These things happen occasionally - no-one is surely suggesting we replace Michael Smith? Luckily it was the final action of a match where we had a 3 goal lead.

Their 2nd was an exceptional finish and you have to give him some credit. Yes you can almost always point to things that could have been defended better in the lead up to goal, but 99 times out of a 100 the striker's not scoring from there (not in this league at any rate).

Questions certainly could be asked at the 1st though.

17 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Wow, just wow.

Thinking this team will be the same next season after we are reinstated. :cornette:

Exactly. 90% of this squad won't even get near the first XI next season. 

15 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

3 goals sounds a lot - but it wasn't a generally poor defensive performance.

Their 3rd was purely down to an individual mistake from one of our best and most consistent performers. These things happen occasionally - no-one is surely suggesting we replace Michael Smith? Luckily it was the final action of a match where we had a 3 goal lead.

Their 2nd was an exceptional finish and you have to give him some credit. Yes you can almost always point to things that could have been defended better in the lead up to goal, but 99 times out of a 100 the striker's not scoring from there (not in this league at any rate).

Questions certainly could be asked at the 1st though.

The 3rd could happen to anyone tbf. Smith's header back was what you'd do but it was a bit casual. The defending after it was comical. 

I thought the 2nd was worse. Halkett has been playing alright but every single game he does something too casual that either does or almost costs us a goal. Those two shabby half arsed clearances v Dunfermline and Celtic, then today he's caught wanting 4 or 5 touches thinking he's feckin Beckenbaur. 

8 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

Keystone cop material. 

How do you do that? I have the season ticket package but can't find any link to highlights, are they only available to international subscribers?

13 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

How do you do that? I have the season ticket package but can't find any link to highlights, are they only available to international subscribers?

Found it.

Ok so 5 goals scored again and another win on the board which is superb. In the second half after we went 2-1 down I thought we played really well and created and scored plenty chances. 
We need to show that urgency right from the start though and continue it throughout the game. 
As has been said there is a good few players in this squad simply nowhere near the standard required to be challenging Hibs and Aberdeen next season. 
Having said that it would help if Robbie would start with the strongest team available for the next game. We all know who should be left out. 

Always good to win and score 5 goals. However it's concerning that we are also leaking goals at the back. 

8 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

Keystone cop material. 

We were 5-2 up with the game just about finished, tired legs and obviously switched off for a second.

portobellojambo1

It is a bit strange that an awful lot of the focus seems to be on the fact the opposition scored 3 goals against us, on a day when we did what needs to be done if you want to win anything, and that is a basically simple requirement to score more goals than the opposition. If we keep picking up 3 points then goal difference becomes irrelevant. We will have learned something from the first half, and to me that is that looking for another good player out wide is understandable during the transfer window. It does appear that both Frear and Roberts will have to content themselves with squad places, neither has what it takes to influence the outcome of a game. Then in the 2nd half we did learn that we have what it takes to recover in the event we go behind. In many, many games over the last 2/3 seasons when the opposition got in front against us it effectively signalled the end of the game. Yesterday, we stepped up, and there has been criticism on here lately of Steven Naismith, yet yesterday as soon as he came on we looked like a different side, you just have to look at his mannerisms, when he is on the park he is the man whose voice can be heard giving instructions and encouragement. Just scoring 5 goals and doing so after coming from behind are huge positives. The sloppy parts can be resolved and there is no reason for anyone to worry after what happened yesterday, if we had lost 5-3 that would have raised a lot more questions than a 5-3 win should ever do.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It is a bit strange that an awful lot of the focus seems to be on the fact the opposition scored 3 goals against us, on a day when we did what needs to be done if you want to win anything, and that is a basically simple requirement to score more goals than the opposition. If we keep picking up 3 points then goal difference becomes irrelevant. We will have learned something from the first half, and to me that is that looking for another good player out wide is understandable during the transfer window. It does appear that both Frear and Roberts will have to content themselves with squad places, neither has what it takes to influence the outcome of a game. Then in the 2nd half we did learn that we have what it takes to recover in the event we go behind. In many, many games over the last 2/3 seasons when the opposition got in front against us it effectively signalled the end of the game. Yesterday, we stepped up, and there has been criticism on here lately of Steven Naismith, yet yesterday as soon as he came on we looked like a different side, you just have to look at his mannerisms, when he is on the park he is the man whose voice can be heard giving instructions and encouragement. Just scoring 5 goals and doing so after coming from behind are huge positives. The sloppy parts can be resolved and there is no reason for anyone to worry after what happened yesterday, if we had lost 5-3 that would have raised a lot more questions than a 5-3 win should ever do.

Agree, and you learn more about the side in a win like that as opposed to a routine 2/3-0 win. 

We have a bit of resilience that's been missing for 2 years, when we we go a goal behind now, we can still win the game. It's a nice feeling to have. 

1 hour ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Ok so 5 goals scored again and another win on the board which is superb. In the second half after we went 2-1 down I thought we played really well and created and scored plenty chances. 
We need to show that urgency right from the start though and continue it throughout the game. 
As has been said there is a good few players in this squad simply nowhere near the standard required to be challenging Hibs and Aberdeen next season. 
Having said that it would help if Robbie would start with the strongest team available for the next game. We all know who should be left out. 

Injuries aside, I doubt we’ll see our strongest side till the Dundee game. Wouldn’t be surprised if Berra, Boyce and one or two others are rested for the next match. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agree, and you learn more about the side in a win like that as opposed to a routine 2/3-0 win. 

We have a bit of resilience that's been missing for 2 years, when we we go a goal behind now, we can still win the game. It's a nice feeling to have. 

5-3 is unacceptable to some. Yet those same folk would probably have been happy with 2-0.

We live in weird times.

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

This is the biggest positive from the last 2 games. 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Injuries aside, I doubt we’ll see our strongest side till the Dundee game. Wouldn’t be surprised if Berra, Boyce and one or two others are rested for the next match. 

I’d be astonished if Frear and Roberts both start again. 
I understand your point though with Berra but I would if fit keep Boyce playing and hopefully scoring. You could say Wighton also deserves to start again though. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

5-3 is unacceptable to some. Yet those same folk would probably have been happy with 2-0.

We live in weird times.

It's ridiculous Tbh. 

Conceding 3 is apparently unacceptable to many( whatever the **** that means),  maybe with that in mind a 0-0 would have been acceptable?

Utter lunatics, conceding 4 is acceptable if you score 5.

Basics of football lost on many in the  JKB massive. 

Just now, Billy Hoyle said:

I understand your point though with Berra but I would if fit keep Boyce playing and hopefully scoring. You could say Wighton also deserves to start again though. 

Aye , I don’t want that pair in the first 11 either. The issue is that when we play guys like Lee and Walker in wide attacking positions we are too slow. Someone said yesterday that White looked good in front of Kingsley anc short term that could work but we really need another winger, especially as Ginelly is out a lot, as is White. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

They'll play apart until the seasons end. 

I think at least 1 will play v Alloa, especially if white has covid and Gino is not 100%.

Frear, Roberts, we should have too much for Alloa no matter what. 

Dundee away will be the far harder game and with dunfermline next we have a chance to pretty much end the title race with 3 wins from 3.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Aye , I don’t want that pair in the first 11 either. The issue is that when we play guys like Lee and Walker in wide attacking positions we are too slow. Someone said yesterday that White looked good in front of Kingsley anc short term that could work but we really need another winger, especially as Ginelly is out a lot, as is White. 

We can Litterally play Berra out wide left and still batter teams. 

😂

Seymour M Hersh
9 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

Keystone cop material. 

Och, give them a break it's Christmas. The season of giving. :smiliz23:

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

The league is taking shape now with us leading a pack of 4, Dunfermline, Raith,  Dundee and Morton. We're potentially 11 points ahead of Dundee, and I doubt Morton will last the pace, but a very interesting point is that Dunfermline are snatching points from really hopeless looking situations. Injury time winner yesterday and they've come from 3 goals down, and 2 goals down to get draws. They have also beaten us already, so the next 4 games could decide this league, especially the game against Dunfermline on the 12th.

8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Exactly. 90% of this squad won't even get near the first XI next season. 

So we’re keeping approx 3 players and signing around 20 then ?

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I registered for hearts TV, they have them on there. Registration is free aswell. 

I'm not international either. 

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

So we’re keeping approx 3 players and signing around 20 then ?

He said first 11 not first team squad. 

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic