***Official Heart of Midlothian v Ayr United Thread***

GinRummy

Toxteth O'Grady

I’d have taken any sort of win in the awful weather today.  5 goals with Kingsley and Wighton getting on the scoresheet and a much needed confidence boost. That’ll do

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• GinRummy

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

And he’s not praying!
17 hours ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Prediction..

Hearts to win by 3.

@Bongo 1874 to have mentioned Daniel Stendel at least 6 times by 5:15pm.

We won by 2 and he was only mentioned 5 times.

A valiant effort, imo.

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No we won today against a team, that we are far superior than and shouldn't even concede a goal, against crap like that but managed to concede not 1 not 2 but 3 goals 🤔 sorry if I'm a tad worried about my team conceding three goals against the mighty ayr, if it had been against rangers or celtic i could see your point 👍

Neilson won't have looked at the defence and won't have realised there are things to improve. That's what I think. I am trying g to keep my spirits up.

4 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Well in part due to that fraud you adore, we are where we are and we’re playing who we’re playing.

Not down to an incompetent Scottish board and, bias towards the Tim's and you say your Hearts. 

Don't make me laugh you maybe accept, the dry one but i don't 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

TBF to Stendel he never lost three goals to side's as pish as ayr. 

That's what we've been missing, Daniel Stendel the master of defensive football. 😂

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Well in part due to that fraud you adore, we are where we are and we’re playing who we’re playing.

Talking of frauds did you back Levein to the bitter end by any chance? 
Great to see us playing attacking football and scoring goals again, losing goals is a slight concern but the two CHs need replaced next season that much is clear. 

I still think Naismith coming on was the biggest changer. He's the one that shows the urgency and pushes them on imo.

Not generally a Wighton fan but good couple of goals from him today 👍

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

That's what we've been missing, Daniel Stendel the master of defensive football. 😂

Or your pal Levein?

And he’s not praying!
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Talking of frauds did you back Levein to the bitter end by any chance? 
Great to see us playing attacking football and scoring goals again, losing goals is a slight concern but the two CHs need replaced next season that much is clear. 

No I most certainly did not.

13 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

A feckin handshake when he gets hooked.

Wet fish one as well no doubt. 

portobellojambo1

A wee bit sloppy at times today, but football is all about winning games, getting the points and we did that again today. Like last week today was another game of two halves, and I, personally, thought it was the introduction of Naismith that made a big difference. It looked like it was the first point in the game where the team had on the field leadership. The first and third goals were soft, the 2nd was a well hit shot, it was one of those where if he hadn't got the direction right it would have ended up in the Wheatfield stand.

I think possibly the one thing today really pointed out was why Neilson has said we need to recruit a wide player or wide players. Ginnelly is a good player, and he may well be signed up permanently during this window, along with one other winger. Truth is both Roberts and Frear are nothing more than squad players and there has to be better out there that we can bring in. Not great to lose three goals, but if you do concede 3 then the best way to negate that is by making sure you score at least 4.

It's another 3 points today, and we now move on to Tuesday evening's fixture verus Arbroath at Tynecastle.

Edited by portobellojambo1

And he’s not praying!
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Not down to an incompetent Scottish board and, bias towards the Tim's and you say your Hearts. 

Don't make me laugh you maybe accept, the dry one but i don't 👍

Stendel took us to the bottom of the league. An undeniable FACT.

That’s why I said ‘in part’.

been here before
35 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Conceding three at Tynecastle is not acceptable. 

34 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Defence is shite. Losing 3 is unacceptable 

32 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Losing 3 goals at home is not acceptable 

iTS pYoOr UnuccePTubLe.

FACT.

Nelly Terraces
8 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Ropey at points but maybe expected after last week. Overall thought we played well but too pedestrian at our poorest, but when we upped it and started direct attacking running and fast passing we were way way Way ahead of Ayr and everything else in this league. Some impressive performances (Wighton in particular) , some quietly impressive (Halliday and Lee come to mind) and some who have hopefully blown their last chance. All of this before even factoring in the horrendous weather and really poor pitch.

All in all very happy with the result but still much room for improvement. 

A more than decent, succinct, summary of proceedings. 

Edited by Nelly Terraces

12 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Good to see Kingsley and Wighton on the scoresheet today.

Well done to both.

:spoton:

Francis Albert
22 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Not for a Victor Meldrew like you it's not. Considering what this team went through last Sunday, then 5-3 will do me nicely. Top of the league and the GD improving too.

When I said barely pass marks I meant pass marks but only just. Would a one goal win v Ayr at home pass as satisfactory? Maybe my expectations  for Hearts are too high. In fact I know after nearly 60 years they probably are. But to expect to beat Ayr by more than one goal is Victor Meldrew like?

Just now, Francis Albert said:

When I said barely pass marks I meant pass marks but only just. Would a one goal win v Ayr at home pass as satisfactory? Maybe my expectations  for Hearts are too high. In fact I know after nearly 60 years they probably are. But to expect to beat Ayr by more than one goal is Victor Meldrew like?

Yes it is. It was failing to beat the said Ayr Utd in 1977 that got us relegated for the first time in our history. I was 14 years old then.

I will take 5-3 every week in this league.

Brighton Jambo
14 minutes ago, graygo said:

If they follow the same lines as last season the size of the gap is immaterial.

Agreed but we haven’t even played ten games yet and the situation is as bad as it’s been since April.  The sooner we wrap this up the better.   Celtic will be lobbying hard to void the league and they usually get what they want.  

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Sure @Jambo in Yorkshireshow them Stendel's defensive stats please, league one before he had his team ripped apart please. 

2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Yip me too. 

Last chance for me re Frear and Roberts. 

Transfer window needs to be used well if these two don't improve. 

Both were poor. Like starting with 9 men

I was worried we would slip up today after the cup final, so more than happy with the result and performance.

today also shows how important it is Roberts and Frear don’t feature in the starting line up.

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

of course an idiot like you will come out with this...

The issue is that we are letting in 3 goals to a poor Ayr side. It’s a very poor defensive performance. Another game and we repeat that, let in 3, and we wont win because we won’t score 5 every game

So only conceding 1 and getting beat 1-0 would be ok or even drawing 0-0?

The statement of " conceding 3... is unacceptable" is a stupid statement in general, but even more stupid when we scored 5, ofc it is acceptable if we won the game 5-3.

We have to improve in the defence, but the use of "unacceptable" is ****ing stupid as it  actually means nothing. Just a daft way of clueless folk to have a go after a win.

We won't concede 3 in every game either, just like you point out we won't score  5 in every game, so remove the pants from your head and behave yourself.

A_A wehatethehibs

“Neilson football is dull” myth busted, 20 odd goals in 3 games has to

be some kind of record :lol: 

Hearts bang 5 goals in and get 3 points = no complaints 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Or your pal Levein?

Come on now I gave up on CL after the 2019 Cup final. I fully expected and hoped he would bow out with a bit of dignity. 

Anyway I was joking about Daniel. 😂

Daniel didn't believe in defense if he was still here we'd still have either Bobby or butter fingers Doyle in goal. 

We would never have made the cup final and lost more than one game in the league. 

That Bongo chap is in denial about Daniel being a better coach than Robbie. 

9 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I still think Naismith coming on was the biggest changer. He's the one that shows the urgency and pushes them on imo.

Not generally a Wighton fan but good couple of goals from him today 👍

Bang on 👍

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

I’ll stick to my view ta, poor defensive performance and needs to improve 

Ofc it does, and that is a better way to say it than some have.

Not one person, including our manager and players would disagree with you.

Does not help when you have the likes of Frear and Roberts playing. It is like starting with 9 men tbh. We need another wide player particularly as Ginnely is pretty fragile it seems and a creative midfielder. Another forward would be great but not sure the budget will stretch that far.

10 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Wet fish one as well no doubt. 

Or a high-five in his delight at not having to bother pretending to play football any more.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Or your pal Levein?

:clyay: is in your head, rent free.

We win 5-3, it's over a year since CL was manager and what do you bring to every thread... Craig Levein, every ****ing thread. A match day thread v Ayr, a year after CL was last managing us....

You need professional help to restore your own...

:leveinnaturalorder:

Edited by Smith's right boot

2 minutes ago, SevenTay said:

10 different scorers so far thus season.

Scorers.png

That's 13 different scorers ST.

6 minutes ago, sac said:

Both were poor. Like starting with 9 men

For me they have had more than enough chances now. 

17 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Did I say both would get subbed for being pish. Or was that shite too??? 

Jesus **** loon 🙈 go enjoy a win instead of being a miserable sod who revels in us being shite when we arent and slating players (today Roberts - who did ok and Frear who put some good balls in - both finding their men) cause it doesnt suit your narrative and negativity

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, been here before said:

iTS pYoOr UnuccePTubLe.

FACT.

:greatpost:

1 minute ago, JamboBoy said:

Does not help when you have the likes of Frear and Roberts playing. It is like starting with 9 men tbh. We need another wide player particularly as Ginnely is pretty fragile it seems and a creative midfielder. Another forward would be great but not sure the budget will stretch that far.

Bin both Roberts and Frear. Another winger,needed not Walker. A strong aggressive fwd would be good. Get rid of Damour at whatever cost. Walker could go i wouldn't care. Extend Kingsley, Irving, Ginnelly and Smith.  Job done.

2 minutes ago, JamboBoy said:

Frear Roberts Moore Henderson. You could take the best parts of the 4 of them and still not even manage to make Kevin Twaddle. Just hope they are on wages that match their ability. 

20 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

TBF to Stendel he never lost three goals to side's as pish as ayr. 

Aye, Stendel really knew how to set up a good defensive display.

:vrface:

4 minutes ago, JamboBoy said:

Creative player? We need Frear and Roberts to run at folk. Currently they find space get the ball and often turn back when they do put balls in they tend to be decent. Id have Roberts over Frear but both are able back up White and Gino should start where possible. We need a better option than those two as cover in an ideal world. Striker yes agree with that though. More for competition than anything else

Just now, sadj said:

Jesus **** loon 🙈 go enjoy a win instead of being a miserable sod who revels in us being shite when we arent and slating players (today Roberts - who did ok and Frear who put some good balls in - both finding their men) cause it doesnt suit your narrative and negativity

Not a fan of Frear or Roberts but I am beginning to wonder if two winger and Boyce up top on his own is the best plan. I’m not suggesting dropping Boyce, more a change of tactics. 

24 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Oh look, here’s bongo putting a negative slant on matters. Of course had we ever won 5-3 under Stendel (stop laughing at the back) it would be hugely entertaining stuff.

Starting to seriously doubt he’s Hearts, tbh. 

To be fair, that came right out of the Stendel handbook today. He’d have been proud. 

Zero regard for defending  

Full backs playing like wingers

Getting beat? Just throw on every striker we have!

Just now, Baxfee said:

We’ve finally got bottle. Losing 3 not great but the comeback shows we’ve really moved on from last season. Job done

Exactly. Last season at 1-2 the heads would've gone down and we'd struggle to get back into it. This season, like we showed last week, we've got the bottle for a fight, and we're capable of turning things round.

Very entertaining game considering the atrocious weather conditions........All credit to both sets of players. One thing is apparent however, lack of pace in the middle of the park. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Not a fan of Frear or Roberts but I am beginning to wonder if two winger and Boyce up top on his own is the best plan. I’m not suggesting dropping Boyce, more a change of tactics. 

Not sure Boyce and Wighton work well together but agreed a 4-3-3 doesnt work as too often it becomes a crowded 4-5-1 as it comes into the middle of the park. Boyce is a very good footballer. Anyone who disagrees hasnt watched him closely enough. Frear and Roberts find space but arent doing enough when they have a chance to drive forward. Ideal world at mo Gino in front of Smith , White in front of Kingsley and we are a different team pace and drive wise

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic