• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• NANOJAMBO

• JDK2020

• Mikey1874

Tenaciousdandy

Was speaking to a celtic supporting customer today, was telling me that his son is good friends with thr treasury at celtic and Lenton is on 2.2 million a year wages which is shocking for such a crap manager, surely can get a top manager for that, it actually got me thinking what Gerrard would be on at rangers giving his status as a player 

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

What is it they usually say about a manager getting backing from the board?

Haha true but they did the same last week and he survived.

Och, let's not put a downer on things. 😁🤣

I really, really dislike both of the bigot brothers. That said I do have a special bit of extra hatred for Celtic when Lennon is there.

The man is pure poison that tarnishes the game in Scotland. 

Cannot wait until he disappears out the game forever more. Even if it was before the final. Niggly feeling that he will end up managing Ross County or similar in the future though. 

1 hour ago, Dandyman79 said:

Was speaking to a celtic supporting customer today, was telling me that his son is good friends with thr treasury at celtic and Lenton is on 2.2 million a year wages which is shocking for such a crap manager, surely can get a top manager for that, it actually got me thinking what Gerrard would be on at rangers giving his status as a player 

Cannot believe that is true, maybe 1m with add ons but he's failed twice at cl qualifiers and has a shocking euro record so I doubt many bonuses are coming his way. Gerrard will surely be away from the huns in the summer. 

Ex member of the SaS
2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

I reckon no chance it's a marquee name unless you think Martin O'Neill is marquee. Or Jack Ross per bookies, which would be a weird one but in keeping with Lawwell's lack of imagination and biscuit tin. He is actually as big a problem at that club as Lennon, a clueless parasite that thinks he knows something about football. Desmond holds his strings of course and is in it for the money and nothing else. Sacking Lennon would likely improve their shocking results but the real issues would remain along with the arrogance and complacency that cost them the 10. 

If the mad Irishman is to be believed then Lawwell's coat is on a shoogly peg. He is the common denominator going back to them not signing McGinn and even further. Lawwell has overseen some serious disasters that have been covered up by them being unbeatable, until recently.

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

If the mad Irishman is to be believed then Lawwell's coat is on a shoogly peg. He is the common denominator going back to them not signing McGinn and even further. Lawwell has overseen some serious disasters that have been covered up by them being unbeatable, until recently.

True, the McGinn debacle was part of why Rodgers walked also so it was a triple disaster by Lawwell along with appointing Lennon. Poor stewardship given his renumeration and why he should go and the whole structure revamped. 

SectionDJambo
10 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

True, the McGinn debacle was part of why Rodgers walked also so it was a triple disaster by Lawwell along with appointing Lennon. Poor stewardship given his renumeration and why he should go and the whole structure revamped. 

Hopefully, he takes his manservant, Doncaster, with him when it happens.

Tenaciousdandy
30 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Cannot believe that is true, maybe 1m with add ons but he's failed twice at cl qualifiers and has a shocking euro record so I doubt many bonuses are coming his way. Gerrard will surely be away from the huns in the summer. 

Yeah I was shocked I thought around the 500k mark tbh , the customer hates Lennon both as a player and manager and said he was raging when his son told him how much the talentless erse got paid. Yeah I'd imagine so also, win the league stop 10 in a row then feck off to a bigger team down south, altho he might want a crack at the champions league group stages first , altho he has a great record in Europe with them I'd imagine they like celtic will get pumped but possibly in the group stages tho unlike celtic 

18 hours ago, been here before said:

Any word if Fat Man in Tight Puffa Jacket and Sporting A Manbag Man was amongst them?

20201129_202526.thumb.jpg.bef27989e846284191a1f347ca390d4d.jpg

Surely taken his inspiration from this guy...

340.jpg

maroonlegions
2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Lawwell must stay.

Loving this shambolic shambles, the fact that they got their own way with reptile Doncaster in not ending the league, shafting  us  in the process ,for their 10 in a row.And now its going all tits up is fecking hilarious.  

33 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

40 minutes ago. 

94FAFC4C-D8DA-4E2F-BE0D-79EF217A46D2.jpeg

Seems the goon brigade are keeping popcorn teeth in a job as dermott desmond won't be told what to do 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Weebroon98 said:

Seems the goon brigade are keeping popcorn teeth in a job as dermott desmond won't be told what to do 

Hilarious isn’t it 😆

40 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

40 minutes ago. 

94FAFC4C-D8DA-4E2F-BE0D-79EF217A46D2.jpeg

It is not anything to do with football. This is purely a monetary decision by Lawell and McDermott. Once they negotiate a deal suitable to all parties, Neil Lennon will be off into the sunset.

11 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Yes not saying it is all untrue .

Lennon will go but , now that Der Hun have done it , think they will be looking for a marquee manager

I think only reason he’s not been sacked is that the managers that would take the job would be not high profile enough in the eyes of their deluded support. 

13 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

I think they’ve passed the point where they can bring in a new manager ahead of the cup final.  Don’t think anyone would want that pressure less than 2 weeks to go. 

You're probably right.  I was hoping they might appoint Jack Ross so he could go down in history as the first manager to lose to the same team in the Scottish Cup Semi-Final and Final.

22 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

I usually have no interest in the Ugly Sisters however the current situation with Celtic and their dream of 10IAR in tatters is almost as funny as Rangers being liquidated. 

As far as I'm concerned the OF are two sides of the same coin. 

Both are a despicable blight on the Scottish nation. 

That abandoned game we had at Ibrox was a terrifying night. 

I'm convinced they only started the game to keep the blue masses from attacking the main stand in even greater numbers than they did. 

If they do get to enter the English league they should be made to relocate. 

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

As far as I'm concerned the OF are two sides of the same coin. 

Both are a despicable blight on the Scottish nation. 

That abandoned game we had at Ibrox was a terrifying night. 

I'm convinced they only started the game to keep the blue masses from attacking the main stand in even greater numbers than they did. 

If they do get to enter the English league they should be made to relocate. 

sorry not a chance. Celtic cheated us on 86, 88, 2019 and many other times. Celtic used their puppet Doncaster to relegate us to protect their ridiculous 8.78 IAR.. Celtic fans robbed the kiosks, Celtic fans forced the kids game to be moved, celtic fans smeared actual human faeces on the walls of tynecastle mocking the ibrox disaster..weating their ****ing balaclavas pretending to be soldiers making throat cutting signs I could go on and on and on..

of course rangers and their fans are also absolute weapons.  But in comparison to their neighbours the experiences we’ve had with them have been borderline pleasant. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

sorry not a chance. Celtic cheated us on 86, 88, 2019 and many other times. Celtic used their puppet Doncaster to relegate us to protect their ridiculous 8.78 IAR.. Celtic fans robbed the kiosks, Celtic fans forced the kids game to be moved, celtic fans smeared actual human faeces on the walls of tynecastle mocking the ibrox disaster..weating their ****ing balaclavas pretending to be soldiers making throat cutting signs I could go on and on and on..

of course rangers and their fans are also absolute weapons.  But in comparison to their neighbours the experiences we’ve had with them have been borderline pleasant. 

:spoton:

I ****ing hate Celtic.

19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

That's because they think we are their cousins 😏

14 hours ago, John Findlay said:

It is not anything to do with football. This is purely a monetary decision by Lawell and McDermott. Once they negotiate a deal suitable to all parties, Neil Lennon will be off into the sunset.

A few people including Pat Bonner saying its so Lennon, rather than Desmond and Lawwell gets the blame for losing the Cup final. 

27 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:spoton:

I ****ing hate Celtic.

It's a funny thing how our perceptions can change. I used to have a strong dislike of Rangers, 9 in a row, bigoted fans, getting gobbed on and coins thrown at us at Ibrox.  In recent years, Celtic and their fans have morphed in to the Huns in my opinion. Arrogant, righteous, strangling competition. 

Levein's comments a couple of weeks ago resonate, sick of the two of them and gladly see them both move on. 

I actually think there may be a problem for anyone taking the job at Parkhead this season.

The expectation is the Holy Grail of 9.78 in a row. That is all their fans want. 

I’m not sure even with a new man in charge it’s achievable. They’re 7 points behind (if they wIn their games in hand) Sevco who are looking quite comfortable and over next couple of games are playing before Celtic which if they win will put more pressure on.

The other thing coming into play is the massive financial hit they’ve been taking due to COVID. We know how much it’s hit us with no fans coming through the gate but they must be haemorrhaging money with their wage bill. Their poor European performance is also going to have a massive effect on their ability to pay for and attract players in the next couple of transfer windows. 

Even if they get rid of Lennon, the expectation on any new man, with very little money to spend, to catch Rangers to get the Holy Grail is going to be too much for a lot. Failure to catch Rangers and they are seen as one of the men who blew 9.78 in a row. 

How good is it that their players have chucked it?

All the dodgy decisions, the enormous financial advantage, the rule bending/breaking, the money/ job seeker's allowance their fans have poured into that despicable club.

All for nothing. 

The fact that Craig Gordon could destroy their tainted and hollow quadruple treble is GLORIOUS!!

kingantti1874
47 minutes ago, luckydug said:

That's because they think we are their cousins 😏

Na, I’m not sure about that.. I don’t think they like us either in the main.. 

they just aren’t as bad.. that doesn’t make them good

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Na, I’m not sure about that.. I don’t think they like us either in the main.. 

they just aren’t as bad.. that doesn’t make them good

Perhaps but I would rather they both just ****ed off out of Scotland. 

One lot want to be Irish and the other lot hate their own country. 

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Perhaps but I would rather they both just ****ed off out of Scotland. 

One lot want to be Irish and the other lot hate their own country. 

Their hopes of playing in England are a pipe dream. One quick look at the crime statistics when El Bigoto is being played puts paid to that idea.

More chance of the Blue Cheek playing in the NI leagues and the Green Cheek playing in ROI.

I'd be delighted if that happened.

They are an embarrassment to Scotland.

1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

I actually think there may be a problem for anyone taking the job at Parkhead this season.

The expectation is the Holy Grail of 9.78 in a row. That is all their fans want. 

I’m not sure even with a new man in charge it’s achievable. They’re 7 points behind (if they wIn their games in hand) Sevco who are looking quite comfortable and over next couple of games are playing before Celtic which if they win will put more pressure on.

The other thing coming into play is the massive financial hit they’ve been taking due to COVID. We know how much it’s hit us with no fans coming through the gate but they must be haemorrhaging money with their wage bill. Their poor European performance is also going to have a massive effect on their ability to pay for and attract players in the next couple of transfer windows. 

Even if they get rid of Lennon, the expectation on any new man, with very little money to spend, to catch Rangers to get the Holy Grail is going to be too much for a lot. Failure to catch Rangers and they are seen as one of the men who blew 9.78 in a row. 

My thoughts as well. The irrational obsession with the mythical 10 in a row knows no bounds. Brendan Rodgers and Keiran Tierney have both  been subject to abuse and labelled traitors. Who would want to put themselves in the firing line and be remembered as the manager at the helm when they capitulated to their bitter rivals. 

21 hours ago, Dandyman79 said:

Yeah I was shocked I thought around the 500k mark tbh , the customer hates Lennon both as a player and manager and said he was raging when his son told him how much the talentless erse got paid. Yeah I'd imagine so also, win the league stop 10 in a row then feck off to a bigger team down south, altho he might want a crack at the champions league group stages first , altho he has a great record in Europe with them I'd imagine they like celtic will get pumped but possibly in the group stages tho unlike celtic 

500k would be less than McInnes

Tenaciousdandy
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

500k would be less than McInnes

Just shows how mad the wages are in football when a team like Aberdeen in Scottish football pay there manager that kind of money 

Can see Gordon Strachen getting it on a temp basis. They will then shout about getting a big name manager before settling for someone like Roy Keane or Derek McInnes. 

If Rangers hold onto Gerrard for a few years I can see them bettering Celtic but not Dominate in the same manner as Celtic have. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

August Landmesser
19 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Just shows how mad the wages are in football when a team like Aberdeen in Scottish football pay there manager that kind of money 

That's a very expensive League Cup.

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Can see Gordon Strachen getting it on a temp basis. They will then shout about getting a big name manager before settling for someone like Roy Keane or Derek McInnes. 

If Rangers hold onto Gerrard for a few years I can see them bettering Celtic but not Dominate in the same manner as Celtic have. 

If Rangers win the league this season, then I wouldn't be surprised to see Gerrard jump at first decent opportunity in the EPL. He'd have nothing more to prove up here. Celtic, I'd imagine, however, would spend big to bring in a big name manager and strengthen the squad - all to appease their severely pissed off supporters. If Rangers stop 10IAR, it could be their last title for quite a few years, I reckon. 

1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

My thoughts as well. The irrational obsession with the mythical 10 in a row knows no bounds. Brendan Rodgers and Keiran Tierney have both  been subject to abuse and labelled traitors. Who would want to put themselves in the firing line and be remembered as the manager at the helm when they capitulated to their bitter rivals. 

It seems to me that they are keeping Lennon until the Rangers game. If he fails in that period 10IAR will be well and truly gone IMO and they’ll be recruiting someone for the future, not someone who can rescue 10IAR

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

You’re forgetting Andy Davis, the foul we should’ve had in 1996 LC final, scoring before ko in 1976, 4 players sent off in one game and all the other times they cheated us when they were the establishment team. I usually just hate Rangers more but since last years final Celtic have taken the lead. Can’t stand either. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

It seems to me that they are keeping Lennon until the Rangers game. If he fails in that period 10IAR will be well and truly gone IMO and they’ll be recruiting someone for the future, not someone who can rescue 10IAR

Definitely, gives the new guy a bit of breathing space and hardly any time to buy anyone. 

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Probably or they may get someone on an interim basis until the end of the season.

Strangely I think the lack of fans has worked perfectly for the Rangers and gone against Celtic. The Rangers players seem to shit the bed under pressure from their own fans where the Celtic players thrive off theirs. I don't see any fans being back before this title is over.

Lennon will see this out until the next old firm, they'll be 20+ behind at that point, then new manager can go about his business without the expectation of 10iar. Lennon's pay off will see him set up for good and a media career will be how he sees out the next 10 years.

The green brigade will make more gash banners then in a year or so all will be forgotten and the old firm duopoly will continue to trade of their bigot fuelled fans.

SectionDJambo

I was thinking that if Celtic hadn’t got that penalty against us in the 2019 cup final, things could have very different for them.

I, and plenty more of us, think that Celtic had ran out of ideas before they got that penalty, and Hearts were looking good for a surprise and deserved victory. 
If Celtic had lost the cup against us, and with it their treble treble, there is no way that Lennon would have got the Celtic manager’s job permanently. There was enough surprise that they gave it to him after winning the cup. They would probably have managed to get a good enough manager, with the summer to do it, to have maintained their league dominance to winning their holy grail of 10 in a row.

So they were laughing then, but they are doing plenty crying now.

2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I was thinking that if Celtic hadn’t got that penalty against us in the 2019 cup final, things could have very different for them.

I, and plenty more of us, think that Celtic had ran out of ideas before they got that penalty, and Hearts were looking good for a surprise and deserved victory. 
If Celtic had lost the cup against us, and with it their treble treble, there is no way that Lennon would have got the Celtic manager’s job permanently. There was enough surprise that they gave it to him after winning the cup. They would probably have managed to get a good enough manager, with the summer to do it, to have maintained their league dominance to winning their holy grail of 10 in a row.

Be awful if they had got Steve Clarke and thus Scotland didn't qualify - possibly. 

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Great shout by the way, every cloud. 

10 hours ago, Trajan said:

If Rangers win the league this season, then I wouldn't be surprised to see Gerrard jump at first decent opportunity in the EPL. He'd have nothing more to prove up here. Celtic, I'd imagine, however, would spend big to bring in a big name manager and strengthen the squad - all to appease their severely pissed off supporters. If Rangers stop 10IAR, it could be their last title for quite a few years, I reckon. 

If Celtic blow 10iar, their ST sales will plummet.  There's already a load of them claiming refunds for this season's ticket, although I don't know where they stand on that as they were aware of the Covid situation before they bought them.

It's funny though, seeing them claim what proper fans they were when buying STs knowing they might not see many games, then as soon as things start going wrong, they want refunds.  The greatest fans in the world (when everything is going their way).