Celtic - Self Entitled Arses

neilnunb

Erm, let's remember that Gerrard hasn't actually won anything yet.

I think Liverpool would be looking for something more substantial than a 13 (quite possibly a 7) point gap over celtc before considering him blooded for an assault on the EPL.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• NANOJAMBO

• JDK2020

• Mikey1874

3 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

I think Liverpool would be looking for something more substantial than a 13 (quite possibly a 7) point gap over celtc before considering him blooded for an assault on the EPL.

He gets to coach in the Champions League next season too.

I don't think there's any rush for him.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

He gets to coach in the Champions League next season too.

I don't think there's any rush for him.

Rush? He could be his number 2? 😉

Just now, JDK2020 said:

Rush? He could be his number 2? 😉

Like Gary McAllister is at Rangers?

Klopp would be better poaching Michael Beale.

1 hour ago, JDK2020 said:

He will go into Scottish football history as the manager to win Sevco their first major honour 

4 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

I could see him becoming Klops no 2 for Klops last season. Klop must be considering his options as his stock is so high. And the a gentleman transition to Liverpool boss.

This could only work if it was a club you loved and it would be the system to maximise his chance of success and learn from working with Klop. If I was Liverpool I would look to do this.

This has been the subject of many a pub discussion with the lads. 

General consensus is that Klopp has nothing left to prove at a club level. I don't think anywhere in Europe would satisfy him: he wouldn't go anywhere in Germany after Dortmund, Spain wouldn't interest him just being gifted huge sums of money, France, Holland or Italy - maybe, but I can't see it holding any attraction for him. 

The only time Liverpool will need to worry about him leaving is when Low announces his retirement. I think that's the ultimate position he has his eye on.

38 minutes ago, trotter said:

General consensus is that Klopp has nothing left to prove at a club level. I don't think anywhere in Europe would satisfy him: he wouldn't go anywhere in Germany after Dortmund, Spain wouldn't interest him just being gifted huge sums of money, France, Holland or Italy - maybe, but I can't see it holding any attraction for him. 

The only time Liverpool will need to worry about him leaving is when Low announces his retirement. I think that's the ultimate position he has his eye on.

San Marino next manager 

50 minutes ago, trotter said:

Nah. Nap for the Celtic job. Likes a challenge

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

I think Gerrard has something about him. He could have taken the easy route and had his pick of Championship clubs or even lower level EPL clubs, but chose the high pressure job at Rangers. He's basically following the managerial career path of Graeme Souness potentially.

He's made an OK fist of domestic football despite failing in the cups, which is weird considering how good he's been in European cup football. He definitely looks like a Liverpool manager in waiting, and has more experience now than people like Dalglish when he took over there. It might actually be good that he would be following Klopp as no-one could probably match Klopp's achievements so expectations might not be as high.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think Gerrard has something about him. He could have taken the easy route and had his pick of Championship clubs or even lower level EPL clubs, but chose the high pressure job at Rangers. He's basically following the managerial career path of Graeme Souness potentially.

He's made an OK fist of domestic football despite failing in the cups, which is weird considering how good he's been in European cup football. He definitely looks like a Liverpool manager in waiting, and has more experience now than people like Dalglish when he took over there. It might actually be good that he would be following Klopp as no-one could probably match Klopp's achievements so expectations might not be as high.

Well Klopp has a long way to go to match Shankly and an even far longer way to go to match Paisley.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Well Klopp has a long way to go to match Shankly and an even far longer way to go to match Paisley.

True. Paisley is more my era when I started following Liverpool. Klopp's the perfect modern manager though.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

True. Paisley is more my era when I started following Liverpool. Klopp's the perfect modern manager though.

He is a very good manager because he knows how to handle football players. He doesnt need to coach. The players know how to play football. He just makes sure they enjoy playing it.

All the great managers are great man managers. Not many, if any have been great tacticians.

Edited by John Findlay

6 hours ago, trotter said:

Yes, that makes sense. And Low can't have much longer left. He's recently not been doing fantastic and Germany have lost a bit of spark I think, especially considering the quality of their players. After the next big tournament maybe?

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, JamboAndrew said:

Yes, that makes sense. And Low can't have much longer left. He's recently not been doing fantastic and Germany have lost a bit of spark I think, especially considering the quality of their players. After the next big tournament maybe?

I think, from his time at Dortmund and Liverpool, that Klopp thrives on his regular connection with the fans. He won’t fancy an international job that restricts that connection for a while yet.

I think he’ll be at Liverpool for a long time.