January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

10 minutes ago, topsport said:

So is his lack of commitment and not trying a leg the problem rather than lingering mystery injury? If so, they’re the kind of guys I can’t for the life of me understand. We’d be well rid

Last I read the guy trains every day but he's just not Robbie's cup of tea

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

2 minutes ago, topsport said:

👍🤞free up a little cash towards someone with a bit of drive and pride hopefully 

Not a huge amount freed up from the budget when only a 6 month loan deal is being requested and what we are being asked by those clubs to pay towards his wages. 

50 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

😂😂classic

I guess now would be the wrong time to mention that the cub turned down the opportunity to buy in a product that would have improved our prevention of injuries?

Is this the product John Colquhoun is working on?

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

He’s also playing in England’s top league. 

I'm well aware of that.  I didn't say we could/should/might sign him.

7 minutes ago, bazman said:

Last I read the guy trains every day but he's just not Robbie's cup of tea

Who knows eh? Decent pedigree so seems odd he’s not been fancied in the team at all if he’s fit. Guess you can train but not try hard/still not show the right attitude? 🤷‍♀️

9 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

Not a huge amount freed up from the budget when only a 6 month loan deal is being requested and what we are being asked by those clubs to pay towards his wages. 

Yeah, still better than nothing though if there’s no chance he’ll play for us but we can’t shift him permanently?

I know been mentioned loads but surely O’Donnell has to be targeted

Wages and age reasonable concerns. But as a player and what he offers (Smith being free to play CB or CM) think it would move us forward massively 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Wages and age reasonable concerns. But as a player and what he offers (Smith being free to play CB or CM) think it would move us forward massively 

agree

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

😂😂classic

I guess now would be the wrong time to mention that the cub turned down the opportunity to buy in a product that would have improved our prevention of injuries?

Medicinal Compound?

Did someone not say we had an agreement with a player but didn't want to announce it as he was still at a team?

Could be him...not sure how approaching and agreeing terms with a contract ending in January works...no difference?

14 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Granted I've only seen him in Scotland games but I don't see it with O'Donnell, looks a bit of a donkey

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, BigAlim said:

Granted I've only seen him in Scotland games but I don't see it with O'Donnell, looks a bit of a donkey

Agreed, the odd game aside. Would see him as a downgrade from MS.

fabienleclerq

What's folks thoughts on pitman at livi? Everytime I watch him he never stops running, we could do with some more energy in the middle. 

10 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

What's folks thoughts on pitman at livi? Everytime I watch him he never stops running, we could do with some more energy in the middle. 

Yeah he's always a thorny one, real pest when we've played them.

Would feel a bit Ryan Edwards to me. And while I believe we could and should've used Edwards better, we seem to be aiming higher, which is great. Pitman is a midtable player. I'd love to there jyst now of course but we should aim to be up the top

Howdy Doody Jambo
11 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Think he just signed a new deal however he would be ideal and worth a bid, good for a goal 

fabienleclerq
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah he's always a thorny one, real pest when we've played them.

Would feel a bit Ryan Edwards to me. And while I believe we could and should've used Edwards better, we seem to be aiming higher, which is great. Pitman is a midtable player. I'd love to there jyst now of course but we should aim to be up the top

Seems a better footballer than Edwards who I didn't really rate. If we play three in the middle someone busy like him is ideal. 

I think we've been lacking in CM for such a long time. 

35 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see him

sign for Celtic now they have sold frimpong even until the end of the season

5 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Seems a better footballer than Edwards who I didn't really rate. If we play three in the middle someone busy like him is ideal. 

I think we've been lacking in CM for such a long time. 

We def have. And it's energy we lack more than anything

It is interesting on Sky Sports News how few fees have been paid this window and looking at the loss Brighton have made I think many high profile players will be available next season for no fee. However nobody will pay Damour the money we are so he will be here for some time to come. 

5 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

It is interesting on Sky Sports News how few fees have been paid this window and looking at the loss Brighton have made I think many high profile players will be available next season for no fee. However nobody will pay Damour the money we are so he will be here for some time to come. 

What an absolute disaster that has been. From the very start, you had an impression it was doomed. 4 years for someone with no real sell on value.

...‘I’m a cool guy so everything’s going to be fine...’

‘obviously I should’ve scored 4’

i like the sound of this guy 😁

clevid may have done us a good turn here 👍

35 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Good read.   This quote stands out for me.  Not just his reasoning but for possible future signings. 

"Concerned whether he would be the established No.9 in some of those English Championship teams, Gnanduillet chose Hearts knowing he will play regularly. The prospect of sampling top-flight football in Scotland next season was another factor."

Guest ToqueJambo
43 minutes ago, magicjohnston said:

Just checked transfermarkt site...damour's contract not up until may 2023!!! 🤢 

Why Levein!?!🤮

It's like when you win an auction on eBay after getting caught up in a bidding war. Initially you're elated then reality and buyer remorse set in and you realise you've paid way too much for something you don't need and there's no way anyone else will pay what you paid if you try to relist it. In the end you put it in the bin. (I've never done any of this obviously.)

We have to try playing him though if he's really not going anywhere.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Medicinal Compound?

Google Zone 7, research who is involved and then give me a good reason why we didn’t take up the opportunity to have it before other bigger clubs signed up to it.

I messaged Stuart Wallace as to why we didn’t take it up - he didn’t give me the courtesy of a reply.

6 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Google Zone 7, research who is involved and then give me a good reason why we didn’t take up the opportunity to have it before other bigger clubs signed up to it.

I messaged Stuart Wallace as to why we didn’t take it up - he didn’t give me the courtesy of a reply.

Did you ask him to do his own research? 

6 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Kevin McDonald was hopeless when I watched him for Scotland. 

Agreed. Another slow, veteran midfielder. Not what we need

Need someone tenacious, be that a defensive mid to cover the centre backs and hassle teams (I think what a lot of people hoped halliday would be)

Or a fiesty box to box player. 

So,last few days, are we expecting anyone else in.? Maybe, I suppose, announcements on loan extensions. Could be a busy couple of days.

4 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

So,last few days, are we expecting anyone else in.? Maybe, I suppose, announcements on loan extensions. Could be a busy couple of days.

Been mentioned past few days but Robbie quoted in Evening news this morning saying looking for a Midfielder and Defender still.

9 hours ago, Pagey said:

Loving the way big Armand is speaking about us, sounds like he is well chuffed with the move and talks confidently about banging more goals in, got a good feeling about this. Hhgh. 

Edited by gordiegords

Under the floodlight
7 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

We'll drink a drink, a drink to that.

A most efficacious product, with a 100 percent clear up record.

Guess The Crowd
11 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Medicinal Compound?

I think, in certain circumstances, it can cause sticky out ears.....

Just now, Guess The Crowd said:

I think, in certain circumstances, it can cause sticky out ears.....

Only the older members will be getting these. 😎

Horatio Caine
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yeah, esp those of us who are in the pink

Guess The Crowd
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

First record I ever remember! Christmas 1968. 

kingantti1874

Would be happy with a few pre contracts now.  O’Donell, Findlay, Campbell and Ross Stewart would be great business. Strengthen us in key areas.

sign players at their peak, hungry for success .  Or a massive fan of signing players on the way down. It rarely works 

9 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Always liked Clevid - great guy.

I wondered if the jambo soldier had a hand in the big man signing. I noticed they were friends on Instagram. 

1 hour ago, steve123 said:

Been mentioned past few days but Robbie quoted in Evening news this morning saying looking for a Midfielder and Defender still.

Times getting tight though

5 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Times getting tight though

That’s what I’m thinking and mentioned earlier. Clubs up here rarely do business on weekends (offices for registration don’t like to work weekends) so we have today, tomorrow and Monday to register players. If we are to get a few in I would suspect we’d have to see a few out first - at least on loan. And I would expect some announcement today if that was going to be the case.

Saying that, wouldn’t be the first time Robbie has signed an out of contract player after the window shuts. I just think in the current climate we’re less likely to see players willing to terminate contracts to free themselves up to find another club. Players will be seeking contract security.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )