Scottish cup final 2020

One five

What do I want for Christmas? Seeing Hearts lift their 4th Scottish Cup in my lifetime.

*You would have to be an Elf to live long enough to see Hubs win 4

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• One five

• Thomaso

• davemclaren

• Kiwidoug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

This is a completely free hit for us. Winning the SC would probably be a fitting way to end the shambolic and weird season that was 19-20. 

No celebrations would be a tough one.

I live about 10 minutes away from Hampden.  

If we win I will be driving down the road with the kids, scarves, flags and Hearts song blaring.

2 hours ago, Forkbeard said:

The game will go ahead but they will use the lock down from the 5th Nov in England to stop all non elite sport. No testing in our league means been mothballed until mid December and no training. We'll be up against the sheepies or smellies with one week of training. I can see it happening. 

This could be chillingly accurate

Betting at present 

Celtic 4/11

Aberdeen 4/1

Hearts 11/2

Bet placed this morning - if Aberdeen win this afternoon odds will change big style 

2 hours ago, Forkbeard said:

The game will go ahead but they will use the lock down from the 5th Nov in England to stop all non elite sport. No testing in our league means been mothballed until mid December and no training. We'll be up against the sheepies or smellies with one week of training. I can see it happening. 

I don’t think this will happen.  If Sturgeon goes against the proposed tier system coming in tomorrow without any scientific evidence she’ll lose a tonne of support and there’s a risk of non-compliance across the board.

Back to the game itself, I think the team picks itself (assuming no injuries).

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Kingsley 

Haring 

Halliday

Lee

Naismith

Ginelly

Boyce

Wighton off the bench to score the winner

6 hours ago, 12XU said:

Betting at present 

Celtic 4/11

Aberdeen 4/1

Hearts 11/2

Bet placed this morning - if Aberdeen win this afternoon odds will change big style 

I got 20/1for the JT’s🤞

19 hours ago, Weebroon98 said:

I reckon rod petrie and doncaster will already be draughting some new rules 

That would be a first then they usually just make it up as they go along with suitable direction from Lawell.

We are 11/1 on bet 365 to win in 90 mins. 11/2 to lift the trophy. Have there ever been odds like that in a cup final? Even when we played Gretna?

7 hours ago, 12XU said:

Betting at present 

Celtic 4/11

Aberdeen 4/1

Hearts 11/2

Celtic 1/8

Hearts 9/2
Hibs N/A

16 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Sheep on their forum saying that Celtic always raise their game against them. I have to 🤣

Aberdeen regularly drop their drawers at the business end.  Been that way for years under McInnes 

south morocco
7 hours ago, The Merse said:

Has the kick off time been confirmed for this yet?

Apparently I agreed to go to some parking lot panto on the 20th 🤦‍♂️

Oh no you didn’t (sorry)

4 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Aberdeen regularly drop their drawers at the business end.  Been that way for years under McInnes 

Yeah.

Aberdeen don't easily lift their game. Too slow. Too ponderous. 

They've met their level again. 

Let's be quite honest here, if we somehow manage to lift the Scottish cup, having beat TheRanger, Hibs and Celtic, through massive turmoil, with 3 different managers and stopping Celtic winning a 4th treble....

This will be the greatest Scottish cup win in my lifetime

28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah.

Aberdeen don't easily lift their game. Too slow. Too ponderous. 

They've met their level again. 

Predictably The Sheep Hibsed it. Now for the Tic. No reason why we can’t beat them.

1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

Predictably The Sheep Hibsed it. Now for the Tic. No reason why we can’t beat them.

No reason at all mate 👍

With Celtic winning the league last season, have we been denied a European place or do the cup runners up no longer qualify for Europe? 

2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

With Celtic winning the league last season, have we been denied a European place or do the cup runners up no longer qualify for Europe? 

No European place for the 2020 Scottish Cup. Runners up haven't earned a European place for a few years, otherwise Hearts would have played in Europe last season.

Our biggest worry is the covid taking hold, shutting everything down again, the leagues being cancelled.............the tic being 9 points behind could ensure a restart next year and we stay down!!!

2 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

No European place for the 2020 Scottish Cup. Runners up haven't earned a European place for a few years, otherwise Hearts would have played in Europe last season.

Completely forgot about not getting a European spot last season.  

16 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Let's be quite honest here, if we somehow manage to lift the Scottish cup, having beat TheRanger, Hibs and Celtic, through massive turmoil, with 3 different managers and stopping Celtic winning a 4th treble....

This will be the greatest Scottish cup win in my lifetime

Just the two for this 'Scottish Cup' though!

If we win it I hope they are filming a season 2 of this documentary.

8 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Our biggest worry is the covid taking hold, shutting everything down again, the leagues being cancelled.............the tic being 9 points behind could ensure a restart next year and we stay down!!!

Are you sure you are on the right forum. Always look on the bright side of life! We’ll take the Tic and the Championship.

I thought that we'd get a real doing at the last cup final and we didn't. Celtic will be big favourites but we have a free hit as nobody will expect us to win so we have nothing to worry about.

August Landmesser
8 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

I don’t think this will happen.  If Sturgeon goes against the proposed tier system coming in tomorrow without any scientific evidence she’ll lose a tonne of support and there’s a risk of non-compliance across the board.

Back to the game itself, I think the team picks itself (assuming no injuries).

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Kingsley 

Haring 

Halliday

Lee

Naismith

Ginelly

Boyce

Wighton off the bench to score the winner

I'm hoping for 0-0, Celtic penalty in 90th min, Craig saves it, quick throw to Gino, we break up the other end, he squares it to Dead-Eye Wighton, boom. Mayhem.

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Sheep on their forum saying that Celtic always raise their game against them. I have to 🤣

I don't think Celtic need to. Another bottle job from the 'Third Force'...

3 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

I don't think Celtic need to. Another bottle job from the 'Third Force'...

I didn't see it. But judging from what I have read Celtic went 2-0 up inside 23 minute then simply coasted in second gear for the remainder.

21 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Been an absolute shiter of a year, but just think; in two month's time we could have Trump out, and vaccine for Covid and another Scottish Cup win! Would almost seem worth it! 

"We" could have Trump out?  He's not the President of Scotland, so I don't know why anyone here would want him out, particularly as the alternative is even worse.  Also, he's hinted that if he loses he may move to Scotland, so be careful what you wish for 🙂

22 minutes ago, RobNox said:

"We" could have Trump out?  He's not the President of Scotland, so I don't know why anyone here would want him out, particularly as the alternative is even worse.  Also, he's hinted that if he loses he may move to Scotland, so be careful what you wish for 🙂

We're all entitled to our opinion.  He's not the President of NZ either but everyone you speak to desperately wants him out.  Think you might be in a very, very small minority.

And he supports Celtic.

Borders Jambo
3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

We're all entitled to our opinion.  He's not the President of NZ either but everyone you speak to desperately wants him out.  Think you might be in a very, very small minority.

And he supports Celtic.

This. 

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

And he supports Celtic.

Doesn't matter what the majority of people outside the USA think, it will be the US citizens who decide his fate.  Nobody that I speak to desperately wants him out and I don't understand why anyone in New Zealand would desperately want him out.  I'm not a Trump supporter, I just happen to think he's a better option than Biden, but the majority of Americans might not agree.  I happen to think Trump will win a second term, but we'll have to wait and see.

the kings dad

The last time we beat Hibs in the semi final . We won the cup. The last time we won a semi final 2-1 with a penalty winner, we won the cup . Bring it on

17 minutes ago, the kings dad said:

The last time we beat Hibs in the semi final . We won the cup. The last time we won a semi final 2-1 with a penalty winner, we won the cup . Bring it on

I like that 👍

20 minutes ago, the kings dad said:

:greatpost:

2 hours ago, 1953 said:

I thought that we'd get a real doing at the last cup final and we didn't. Celtic will be big favourites but we have a free hit as nobody will expect us to win so we have nothing to worry about.

We have a better team and Manager than last year......Celtic don’t! 

11 hours ago, jim747 said:

What do I want for Christmas? Seeing Hearts lift their 4th Scottish Cup in my lifetime.

*You would have to be an Elf to live long enough to see Hubs win 4

If we win then my daughter, who will have just turned 30 will have seen Hearts win the Scottish Cup more times than Hibs have EVER won it.

And to think I said to 7 year old her In 1998. “Make the most of this you might never see it again”. 😀

Edited by Jamhammer

As a neutral I was hoping Aberdire would save their regular bottling for the final. It will be tough v the Irish half of the Twins of Doom but, reasons to be cheerful, 1) Craig Gordon will stop most stuff 2) Your opponents are shedding goals (except today) 3) No howling hordes with a vast sense of entitlement to sway the ref.

2 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

I'm hoping for 0-0, Celtic penalty in 90th min, Craig saves it, quick throw to Gino, we break up the other end, he squares it to Dead-Eye Wighton, boom. Mayhem.

Then wake up Christmas morning after a 4 day blur  👍🏻

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Doesn't matter what the majority of people outside the USA think, it will be the US citizens who decide his fate.  Nobody that I speak to desperately wants him out and I don't understand why anyone in New Zealand would desperately want him out.  I'm not a Trump supporter, I just happen to think he's a better option than Biden, but the majority of Americans might not agree.  I happen to think Trump will win a second term, but we'll have to wait and see.

Your second sentence really surprises me.  Many, many people here, myself included, think he's a racist liar.  If he dies come to live in Scotland, I think he'd probably find himself feeling at home in Ibrox.

3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Your second sentence really surprises me.  Many, many people here, myself included, think he's a racist liar.  If he dies come to live in Scotland, I think he'd probably find himself feeling at home in Ibrox.

‘If he dies’ he probably won’t succeed in living in Scotland.  :lol: 

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Would this not be more appropriate in the shed!

August Landmesser
18 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

Then wake up Christmas morning after a 4 day blur  👍🏻

Sounds pretty good to me! 

9 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Sounds pretty good to me! 

7 minutes ago, One five said:

I’ll second that.

Thirded.  👍

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Hmm, normally I would always root for a Democrat, but I tend to think that Joe Biden is only the answer because Donald Trump is the question.

I suspect that your last sentence may also come true.

Septic it is. Don't even feel worried it's them, don't feel anything. I know we can win. Stars seem to be aligning for us to finally have our day after all the shite thrown at us. The cup is there waiting for us.

3 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Are you sure you are on the right forum. Always look on the bright side of life! We’ll take the Tic and the Championship.

Mate wake up and smell the coffee, this virus is not in anyway finished with us so the season may not be allowed to end and yes if the tic are still behind it could be conveniently used to save the 10!