Scottish cup final 2020

One five

13 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

The Celtic team that likely plays us in the final is way better than the one that beat us last May.

Way better.

But they aren’t playing anything like they are capable of.

Obvious to say but first 20 minutes will be key 

Hmmm not sure I agree with that. Quite a few of them appear to have stagnated and their new signings have not really kicked on yet. 

As long as Lennon is in charge we have a chance.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• One five

• Thomaso

• davemclaren

• Kiwidoug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hmmm not sure I agree with that. Quite a few of them appear to have stagnated and their new signings have not really kicked on yet. 

As long as Lennon is in charge we have a chance.

I think we have a great chance and I reckon they aren’t as good and they look like they can’t stand Lennon.  We need to concentrate on ourselves tho. 

The Treasurer
17 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Craig Gordon has got a point to prove, also.

CG has nothing to prove to anyone, but he might just want to show them what a huge mistake they made(not that they don't already know that)

WoolfordsHearts

Really confident about beating the filth in final.

My only concern is the nations new sweetheart christie throwing himself down in the box for a penalty the little scroat.

6 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

Really confident about beating the filth in final.

My only concern is the nations new sweetheart christie throwing himself down in the box for a penalty the little scroat.

Won't have to be that near the box for Collum to immediately point to spot!

@PTBCAL in dissing our chances of a result in the final, whilst bigging up our opponents shocker.....just like he did for the semi tbh.

Hopefully the miserable Neilson hater is just as spectacularly wrong 🤣

On 18/11/2020 at 18:22, PTBCAL said:

The Celtic team that likely plays us in the final is way better than the one that beat us last May.

Way better.

But they aren’t playing anything like they are capable of.

Obvious to say but first 20 minutes will be key 

Results don’t back up your point. They are struggling to get results most games. Hard to see how you could think they can play to a much higher level given results like Sparta etc. Big games in Glasgow have always largely been about first goal. It’s a free hit for us. No real expectation, no pressure, a day out and another medal for the guys. Hopefully winners this time. Celtic on the other hand, trailing Rangers, out of Europe, managers coat on a very shoogley  peg, quad/quad at risk, no fans in the stadium.  No doubt where the pressure is. 

37 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Results don’t back up your point. They are struggling to get results most games. Hard to see how you could think they can play to a much higher level given results like Sparta etc. Big games in Glasgow have always largely been about first goal. It’s a free hit for us. No real expectation, no pressure, a day out and another medal for the guys. Hopefully winners this time. Celtic on the other hand, trailing Rangers, out of Europe, managers coat on a very shoogley  peg, quad/quad at risk, no fans in the stadium.  No doubt where the pressure is. 

This

King Of The Cat Cafe
10 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

CG has nothing to prove to anyone, but he might just want to show them what a huge mistake they made(not that they don't already know that)

3 hours ago, Rave MacPherson said:

So, he does have a point to prove then

:thumbsup:

The Treasurer
12 hours ago, Rave MacPherson said:

So, he does have a point to prove then

Showing them what they are missing is not the same as proving a point. But I'm sure being the nit-picker that you are you'll disagree

I just came up with a thought...Instead of Hearts and septic playing cup final during covid restrictions I think they should just toss a coin Heads Celtic win and Tails Celtic win..lol save all the hastle and cheating.

King Of The Cat Cafe
41 minutes ago, dcupples said:

I just came up with a thought...Instead of Hearts and septic playing cup final during covid restrictions I think they should just toss a coin Heads Celtic win and Tails Celtic win..lol save all the hastle and cheating.

That is what Collum said to Berra before the last cup final: "Heads Celtic win, tails you lose".

Our centrebacks are giving me the fear big time. 

Halkett seems good enough, but needs a stronger partner. I've said before, we should be seriously looking at Gallacher in the summer. 

On 19/11/2020 at 21:49, soonbe110 said:

Another shit result for Lennon today! He is under huge pressure and I can only imagine the abuse he will be handing out in the dressing room!

Hope he survives to be on the touchline for the Final.

Celtic have 2 home league games before the final so if Lennon survives yesterday then he should still be in a job by the time of the final. Will likely have been knocked out of Europe so he will be the brink of being sacked. Hopefully we get some momentum back before the final. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, karipidis said:

Celtic have 2 home league games before the final so if Lennon survives yesterday then he should still be in a job by the time of the final. Will likely have been knocked out of Europe so he will be the brink of being sacked. Hopefully we get some momentum back before the final. 

A cup win and being the final straw that gets Lennon the sack. 😁

On 21/11/2020 at 22:29, Newton51 said:

What’s the odds that jack Ross is in the opposition dugout again in December for the final?

Hmmmm...... Unlikely, I'd suggest. 

Bazzas right boot

1 min I'm reasonably confident, as confident as you can be v Celtic in Glasgow, the next I'm thinking it could done and dusted in 25 minutes with us 3-0 down. 

I going with imo we're a slightly better team than the last Cup final and that was very close, so if we're better we'll surely win..... 

Bazzas right boot

What’s the odds that jack Ross is in the opposition dugout again in December for the final?

More chance of Craig Levein being there. 

No chance, started the league well but slowly going back to their usual style.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

1 min I'm reasonably confident, as confident as you can be v Celtic in Glasgow, the next I'm thinking it could done and dusted in 25 minutes with us 3-0 down. 

I going with imo we're a slightly better team than the last Cup final and that was very close, so if we're better we'll surely win..... 

the main problem is the fact we are used to playing at a lower level against less athletic and skilful players. Mind you I thought the same against Hibs. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

the main problem is the fact we are used to playing at a lower level against less athletic and skilful players. Mind you I thought the same against Hibs. 

Yeah, I thought that but it didn't really show over the game 

The main problem, as always when playing the OF in Glasgow imo is conceding first and conceding early. 

When that happens you could pick a score from 3-6 nil and it would be no surprise. 

Last Cup final was almost the perfect match by us, hope we can go one better this time, we done them in 2012 the same way as well but we're a bit lucky not to concede first then, but got the wee bit luck required to beat them. 

their GB have called for a protest tonight but to do it wearing masks ( no change there) and to socially distance . 
Tier 4 I believe , I’m sure the police will love that 😂 I hope he stays till the final , can do what the hell they want after that 

774A571E-F976-47FF-AF70-699AF81369F8.jpeg

18 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

With our current form / performances, we have virtually no chance, even against an underperforming Celtic team.

Correct. All the bravado in the world on here doesn't change the fact that even at their worst they should beat us comfortably. We have been far worse than them this season.

Clearly I  hope to be spectacularly wrong.

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

With our current form / performances, we have virtually no chance, even against an underperforming Celtic team.

You're correct of course, but I was convinced that last year I was going to Hampden to see us get a real doing and look what happened. We do beat them once in a while so this might just be the time. 

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

This is the way I see it, and by the looks of it they are significantly worse than they were 18 months ago. 

On 18/11/2020 at 18:50, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Craig Gordon has got a point to prove, also.

Would be great to believe this, but what has Halliday ever done to them in the past to warrant them being in terror of him? 😏

11 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

This is the way I see it, and by the looks of it they are significantly worse than they were 18 months ago. 

Eduard and Christie. Keep them quiet and you’ve got a real chance

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Correct. All the bravado in the world on here doesn't change the fact that even at their worst they should beat us comfortably. We have been far worse than them this season.

Clearly I  hope to be spectacularly wrong.

This is true most seasons but we still occasionally pull off a result. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Always a chance, not much difference from last time Tbh, I'd  say if anything we have a slightly better chance than the last Cup final. 

Gordon 

Haring, Naismith fit

Even Boyce. 

Last cup final we were in horrible form, low confidence, injury ridden and had Zlamal in goals. 

It was a very close game. 

Not to mention everyones favourite villain CL in charge. 

How we play at  dunfermline or beat Alloa has no impact on the final. None. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, JDK2020 said:

Would be great to believe this, but what has Halliday ever done to them in the past to warrant them being in terror of him? 😏

Ooft, imagine! 

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Eduard and Christie. Keep them quiet and you’ve got a real chance

Yip, and don't concede early, always key v them, especially in Glasgow. 

Dreamt we won this on penalties. 
And we had the black tops on.  

Wouldn’t matter what method of win or what strip they wore, if the cup comes back to gorgie. 

Key players tend to be the difference in cup finals - Edouard was the difference last time round 2 chances 2 goals ,  and he doesn’t look interested this season. 

3 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I mind thinking we were gonna get destroyed in the 2012 semi, we also beat them 2-0 in a league game a week after they beat aberdeen 9-0. Then there was the 4-0 game, who would have given us a chance there? 

The occasions when we do beat celtic show no rhyme or reason, lets just cut the brain farts at the back and we'll give a good account of ourselves whatever happens 

On 22/11/2020 at 09:18, The Treasurer said:

A cup win and being the final straw that gets Lennon the sack. 😁

Wouldn't it be ironic if we win the Cup and Lennon is told he's sacked in the showers!

therefsajambo
2 hours ago, NotTheHoople said:

Wouldn't it be ironic if we win the Cup and Lennon is told he's sacked in the showers!

Your getting sacked in the showers 

Sacked in the showers 

Your getting..... 

1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

People still think we won't win the cup aye?

It's in the bag. Relax.

Quietly confident here 👍

Guest ToqueJambo

The part of me that has watched Hearts forever and doesn't want to tempt fate thinks we'll get humped, but the part of me trying to look objectively at the circumstances of this game thinks we may never have a better chance of beating Celtic in a cup final. Mostly because it's in December with no fans but also because of the relative moods in the two squads. I think the Hearts players will believe they can win it and the Celtic players will believe they might lose it. That's not the case very often.

Edited by ToqueJambo

12 hours ago, therefsajambo said:

Your getting sacked in the showers 

Sacked in the showers 

Your getting..... 

He would be used to that from his time at Hibs.

What has got me frustrated by the performances of late is the fact that there has been no better time in the last 4 years to be playing Celtic

5 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

What has got me frustrated by the performances of late is the fact that there has been no better time in the last 4 years to be playing Celtic

That’s still true, especially if you are going into the match confidently scoring and winning. 🤔

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s still true, especially if you are going into the match confidently scoring and winning. 🤔

Yeah, sorry I probably haven’t worded that as well as I should haha. What I mean is I feel we should be able to go into the final with a real belief and bit of confidence. Feel like going into the final on a good run of form we’d have a great chance. Don’t get me wrong the game will probably take care of itself and if the players can’t get up for a final they shouldn’t be playing for hearts. Last year I suppose we went into the final in pretty poor form and we nearly defied the odds. Just feel there’s a real opportunity next month. Don’t want us to hit form too late 

1 minute ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Yeah, sorry I probably haven’t worded that as well as I should haha. What I mean is I feel we should be able to go into the final with a real belief and bit of confidence. Feel like going into the final on a good run of form we’d have a great chance. Don’t get me wrong the game will probably take care of itself and if the players can’t get up for a final they shouldn’t be playing for hearts. Last year I suppose we went into the final in pretty poor form and we nearly defied the odds. Just feel there’s a real opportunity next month. Don’t want us to hit form too late 

Losing to Alloa is not the best morale builder.