Scottish cup final 2020

One five

4 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

I'm hoping for 0-0, Celtic penalty in 90th min, Craig saves it, quick throw to Gino, we break up the other end, he squares it to Dead-Eye Wighton, boom. Mayhem.

I agree with everything you predict, other than the goal scorer.  It has to be Naisy, that would simply intensify the seethe amongst the vermin.

In fact, I'd prefer if say Wighton puts in a cross, the Celtic goalie fumbles it and drops it at Naisy's feet for a tap in.  

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• One five

• Thomaso

• davemclaren

• Kiwidoug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
2 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Hmm, normally I would always root for a Democrat, but I tend to think that Joe Biden is only the answer because Donald Trump is the question.

I suspect that your last sentence may also come true.

Delighted hearts have reached the Scottish cup final of American politics! 

What a fantastic way to end an absolutely horrendous year, beating Septic in the final would be glorious, what a Christmas present for all Jambos and a great sweetener after all the shite last season. HHGH Only Hearts 💕

How much fun was it at work with the hivs fans today ? Absolutely brillllllllllllllllllllliant 😂

AF5BC33B-23F2-4BB8-BDE4-D83E8B4C9D54.gif

Edited by One five

5 hours ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

What a fantastic way to end an absolutely horrendous year, beating Septic in the final would be glorious, what a Christmas present for all Jambos and a great sweetener after all the shite last season. HHGH Only Hearts 💕

It was strange watching such a big game at home but it was such a joy to beat them scumbags and I’m confident we can bring the cup home where it deserves to be🤞 

Will hearts be given a place in the europa league if we lose and celtic are already assured of a top 2 finish? Obviously it’s a crap scenario but it’s one I never understand

1 minute ago, Muppetboy said:

Will hearts be given a place in the europa league if we lose and celtic are already assured of a top 2 finish? Obviously it’s a crap scenario but it’s one I never understand

Don’t think so

this is still last years Cup competition and I think they awarded the extra spot to Aberdeen for 4th in the league instead of the cup runner-up

If anyone here thinks Rod Petrie will not stop at anything to prevent hand over of the SC to a Hearts captain, then watch the officials.

21 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Don’t think so

this is still last years Cup competition and I think they awarded the extra spot to Aberdeen for 4th in the league instead of the cup runner-up

I see,  thanks mate. 

Have Celtic demanded more than 50% of the empty seats at the final yet?! Because they have more fans etc 

And he’s not praying!

I never thought 2019 read like a year for Hearts to win the cup. 

1998 - 2006 (8 years)

2006 - 2012 (6 years)

2012 - 2020 (8 years)

We next win after this year in 2026. :D 

We ended Celtic's long unbeaten run of games. We can end their long run of trophies. Somebody has to. Karma says it's us.

#WinitforZal

8 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

Not worth thinking about that , we are going to be the winners mate.

Really fancy us to upset the odds. If we do, I think I'll burst. 

A Cup at the end of such an awful year would be fantastic. Particularly beating Rangers, Hibs and Celtic on the way. Not to mention the general giruy to Scottish football, The SPFL and all the clubs who screwed us. 

We have good players, many of them very experienced, and a great coaching team. We are capable of beating Celtic, imo. 

Guest ToqueJambo

A Scottish Cup final in December in front of no fans is potentially a very different prospect to a May final at a full Hampden for Celtic, especially if they continue this iffy form. Some of their players, Eduard for example, could have one eye the Jan window and the weather could be a bit of a leveller. Main thing is we continue winning until then and keep our big players fit.

Edited by ToqueJambo

It really is amazing how having a top goalie can make me confident we'll lift the cup. 

:rudiyas:

C'mon Hearts! 

:fth:

8 hours ago, martoon said:

Really fancy us to upset the odds. If we do, I think I'll burst. 

A Cup at the end of such an awful year would be fantastic. Particularly beating Rangers, Hibs and Celtic on the way. Not to mention the general giruy to Scottish football, The SPFL and all the clubs who screwed us. 

We have good players, many of them very experienced, and a great coaching team. We are capable of beating Celtic, imo. 

Agree, Celtic’s bubble is going to burst and we are the ones that will do it , repeat of 56 3-1 hearts 

Just now, One five said:

Agree, Celtic’s bubble is going to burst and we are the ones that will do it , repeat of 56 3-1 hearts 

We're nowhere near as disadvantaged as many think, bud. Gordon, Naisy, Halliday, Boyce...we're well served by the ability and experience of lads like that. 

The "Championship club" narrative already put forward by the insightful, thoughtful punters in the Scottish game is lazy and misleading. Whilst technically true, it isn't in any practical sense. Hibs, and their doolally fans, have just discovered that the hard way. 

Hearts are winning it, my friend. Merry Christmas. 🎄🎁🏆😁

20 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

This is last seasons Cup, so European places already allocated..and teams already knocked out. Did the extra place not go to Motherwell...?

I think?! 

**apologies, see its already been answered!**

Edited by HeartofIron

3 minutes ago, HeartofIron said:

This is last seasons Cup, so European places already allocated..and teams already knocked out. Did the extra place not go to Motherwell...?

I think?! 

Aberdeen, bud.

The Europa place was transposed to 4th place in the table. 

1 hour ago, martoon said:

We're nowhere near as disadvantaged as many think, bud. Gordon, Naisy, Halliday, Boyce...we're well served by the ability and experience of lads like that. 

The "Championship club" narrative already put forward by the insightful, thoughtful punters in the Scottish game is lazy and misleading. Whilst technically true, it isn't in any practical sense. Hibs, and their doolally fans, have just discovered that the hard way. 

Hearts are winning it, my friend. Merry Christmas. 🎄🎁🏆😁

Absolutely, great post mate 👍

Bazzas right boot

As with every game v the OF in Glasgow, don't concede early and fold. 

It's always a possibility v them. 

We have big game players, experienced internationals so I think we can cause them problems. 

If after 30 minutes it's 0-0 or we're winning I reckon we can do it. 

Our game plan was almost perfect last time v them, a couple of individual errors and imo Haring going off and no Naismith were the difference. 

I would like Rogic and/ or Christie to be missing for them. 

Nothing to fear tho. 

Winning the sc before Xmas after the shit we've been through would be better than a 4 some with holy valance, Kylie and Holly willibough. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Winning the sc before Xmas after the shit we've been through would be better than a 4 some with holy valance, Kylie and Holly willibough. 

I’ll stay confident on the main course and dream of the desert 🤞

On 02/11/2020 at 00:58, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Delighted hearts have reached the Scottish cup final of American politics! 

I think we can easily beat Trump or Biden so no worries!

Considering we won't have Steven MacLean leading the line this time and Zlamal won't be in goals that's already two positives.

On 01/11/2020 at 21:05, the kings dad said:

The last time we beat Hibs in the semi final . We won the cup. The last time we won a semi final 2-1 with a penalty winner, we won the cup . Bring it on

The last time a penalty against craig Gordon at hampden hit the bar, we won the cup

12 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Considering we won't have Steven MacLean leading the line this time and Zlamal won't be in goals that's already two positives.

2019               2020

Bobby           Gordon 

Smith             Smith 

Souttar          Halkett

Berra             Popescu

Hickey           Kingsley

Edwards       Lee

Haring          Haring 

Djoum           Naisy 

Clare 

Gino 

MacLean      Boyce 

Mulraney      Wighton

Halliday, Irivng , White , Henderson , Roberts , Walker  - Also

A lot stronger and a better squad of players to pick from over 2019 . 

Can you imagine if shellick came down with a bad bout of Covid19 and couldn't raise a team..... would we automatically be awarded a cup with an asterisk?

I think we all know they would 'invent' something to avoid this happening... the seethe would be immense though!

FWIW I want us to go to Hamdump and BEAT them.

FTH FTSPFL FTSFA

• 2 weeks later...
Steve_Jersey_HMFC
On 02/11/2020 at 14:59, stuart500 said:

We ended Celtic's long unbeaten run of games. We can end their long run of trophies. Somebody has to. Karma says it's us.

#WinitforZal

Could be like 1998 all over again with a Glasgow team’s 9 year league winning run coming to an end and us winning the cup (I know it’s last years cup etc...) 

is this a 3pm KO? Can’t see anything on SFA/BBC confirming it. Hearts say Ko TBC. Suppose they are waiting to confirm with TV, if still no fans then they can be more flexible with Ko time 

Edited by Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Doctor FinnBarr
On 03/11/2020 at 22:27, dbusby6 said:

I think we can easily beat Trump or Biden so no worries!

I'd expect so, none of the 2 of them really know what soccerball is.

4 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Will need to remember to order winner’s medals for Sean Clare,  Oliver Bozanic, etc 

And Hickey.

All have contributed to us getting to the final so fair enough.

On 01/11/2020 at 21:05, the kings dad said:

The last time we beat Hibs in the semi final . We won the cup. The last time we won a semi final 2-1 with a penalty winner, we won the cup . Bring it on

Both times we have beaten Hibs in the Scottish cup semi we went on to win the cup

On 03/11/2020 at 07:08, vegas-voss said:

Free hit we won't be expected to do anything.Cektuc hold no surprises for us but we might hold some for them.

Exactly free shot again if you like ,  but this time hope we get a better share of the luck,, as wel need it.....

Does anybody think that there might be some tickets for some fans to attend this?

I’ve attended the last 8 consecutive Hearts Scottish Cup Finals (W3 L5) and I don’t want to miss a final ...... ever!

I don't know why, but I have a really strong feeling that we'll win the cup. It's the same kind of feeling that I had that we'd beat Celtic to end their unbeaten run. We played Dundee a few days before and I said to my Dad that I was convinced we'd beat them. He was ill so I had to see the game at home. Never in doubt to me though. I've the same feeling now. We'll win this cup.

6 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Does anybody think that there might be some tickets for some fans to attend this?

I’ve attended the last 8 consecutive Hearts Scottish Cup Finals (W3 L5) and I don’t want to miss a final ...... ever!

with our new tiering system Glasgow would have to be in tier 1 so it’s unlikely but Northern Ireland had 1000 fans in tonight and they are in a similar position 

Feeling confident.

We are due a cup win! Especially after everything that's happened in 2020

Stranger things have happened already this year.

13 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

As much as I think we should be allowed fans in, this Government will not let it happen in a million years. Even 10,000 in the stadium would help, still be rattling around but at least it gives some form of atmosphere. 

13 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Yes, 50/50 split of a 1000 crowd. They will go to those living within the local authority area. Guaranteed tickets for us season ticker holders living in Glasgow. Happy days. 

What would be more interesting is if Glasgow was still in level 3, but Edinburgh was down into level 1. Do the SFA move the game to Murrayfield (or even Easter Road) with fans in the stadium or keep it at Hampden behind closed doors? Unfortunately I suspect I know the answer. Although if cost is the issue, we could always agree to hold it at Tynecastle free of charge.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 12/11/2020 at 08:40, jbee647 said:

Will need to remember to order winner’s medals for Sean Clare,  Oliver Bozanic, etc 

That's a really good point!

queensferryjambo
1 hour ago, poultry said:

Last time the national team were in a major tournament was the same year we won the cup. OMEN. 

Not sure if mentioned already but Hibs were also relegated ;)