Top Posters In This Topic

• One five

• Thomaso

• davemclaren

• Kiwidoug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, queensferryjambo said:

Not sure if mentioned already but Hibs were also relegated ;) 

Now that would be the cherry on the top.  😂

1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

Not sure if mentioned already but Hibs were also relegated ;) 

1998 was a great year! ☺️

I'm not going to be too quick to write off Celtic completely but I do see them as rank outsiders.  Assistance from the match officials will likely be in their favour but we will prevail.

13 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

1998 was a great year! ☺️

It certainly was mate , the hammering to the vermin was very special in 2012 but as a year wow , for me it was the first time watching our beloved lift silverware laughing at them going down finishing off to a trip to the World Cup finals 

v Brazil......all  in the same year ! 

truly great 👍 

Scotland actually qualified in 1997 for the '98 WC - the 'one team in Tallinn' qualification group :lol: . 1998 saw Hearts win the Cup and the Hibs go down doo dah, doo dah.

So...this being the 2019/20 Cup and the 2020 Euros with the Cup being played in 2020 but the Euros being played in 2021, we could win the 2020 Cup and be the team that [s]went[/s] were unethically voted down from the 2020 season whilst admiring Scotland's qualification.

Ah, **** it - let's just win the Cup this time around and again in May. That'll give us the hat-trick of deserved, moral victories after ratface Collum ensured his beloved hoopsters snatched it last time around.

Edited by Boof

19 hours ago, poultry said:

Last time the national team were in a major tournament was the same year we won the cup. OMEN. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but Hibs also got relegated that year.

22 hours ago, One five said:

Nice 👍 

Hope so mate!

Would love to destroy the mhanks again!

Surely due a win after the hassle this year.

Question though, if we do win what about compensation for not getting European football and winning Big Cup!

2 hours ago, ollie2004 said:

Hope so mate!

Would love to destroy the mhanks again!

Surely due a win after the hassle this year.

Question though, if we do win what about compensation for not getting European football and winning Big Cup!

I’m confident we will win the cup to stick it right up them, compensation ! They minks wouldn’t give us bean even if the Pope sanctioned it.

Watching Hearts in a Cup Final on TV will be so depressing I just don’t know what it will feel like!  It will be a lonely experience not being there and ‘connected’ with thousands of Hearts fans.

9 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Watching Hearts in a Cup Final on TV will be so depressing I just don’t know what it will feel like!  It will be a lonely experience not being there and ‘connected’ with thousands of Hearts fans.

This.

Felt a bit like that watching the cup semi the other week.

Obviously I was delighted at the end but jumping up and down in the livingroom (wife and 2 young kids don't have much interest) was a bit unreal.

7 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Absolutely let’s hope we can celebrate our win in a pub in gorgie 

D44A5CF0-807F-4A19-AD40-6B2EF39F6389.jpeg

45 minutes ago, One five said:

Absolutely let’s hope we can celebrate our win in a pub in gorgie 

D44A5CF0-807F-4A19-AD40-6B2EF39F6389.jpeg

That would be nice! I guess it depends on the lockdown status across the country. Can’t see me making it to Edinburgh with the chance to watch in a pub. However if there were designated  and dedicated ‘Hearts Fans Pubs’, across the country I’d be up for watching in one of these!!

London calling to the South East towns .....

13 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Not the same, but I am becoming accustomed to watching us win from the comfort of my warm home, with a nice bottle of wine.  

Not quite the same, but on the 20th December, and the weekend before Christmas, I will still enjoy it, and will celebrate as much, and with as many people as I can.  Just need to spread it across the whole Christmas and New Year fortnight.  

No reason why we can't get a victory imo ,it will  require a supreme effort but not beyond us . 

On holiday from 18th till 5th Jan ,could be hectic. 

August Landmesser
9 hours ago, Paolo said:

Not the same, but I am becoming accustomed to watching us win from the comfort of my warm home, with a nice bottle of wine.  

Not quite the same, but on the 20th December, and the weekend before Christmas, I will still enjoy it, and will celebrate as much, and with as many people as I can.  Just need to spread it across the whole Christmas and New Year fortnight.  

I might try for the full Hampden experience, move the telly away down to the bottom of the garden for that 'behind the goals' feel, cut the legs off the sofa so I'm straining to see over the windowsill and heat up a pie on the Thursday so it's stone cold by kick-off.

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

I might try for the full Hampden experience, move the telly away down to the bottom of the garden for that 'behind the goals' feel, cut the legs off the sofa so I'm straining to see over the windowsill and heat up a pie on the Thursday so it's stone cold by kick-off.

Sounds like a plan indeed as long as it’s not raining tho 👍

On 13/11/2020 at 14:03, Saint Jambo said:

Yes, 50/50 split of a 1000 crowd. They will go to those living within the local authority area. Guaranteed tickets for us season ticker holders living in Glasgow. Happy days. 

What would be more interesting is if Glasgow was still in level 3, but Edinburgh was down into level 1. Do the SFA move the game to Murrayfield (or even Easter Road) with fans in the stadium or keep it at Hampden behind closed doors? Unfortunately I suspect I know the answer. Although if cost is the issue, we could always agree to hold it at Tynecastle free of charge.

I'll tell you what BTW this is not out the realm of possibility if you use logic and common sence. 

Imangine the scenario where Edinburgh is tier 1 and Glasgow is tier 3/4 in December. 

Edinburgh allowing percentage of fans back into stadiums. 

The sfa would be foolish not to allow the cup final to be broadcasted from murrayfield with fans in attendance. Imangine 25000 fans inside murrayfield with both sets having 10,000 each. 

It would be amazing. 

We can only dream 

1 hour ago, Furious Styles said:

Hopefully we’ll know what time kick off is soon. I’m working TIL 2pm so I’d like it to be at 3pm

It's confirmed as 5pm kick off on Sunday 20th December 

22 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

We should have done the same for the semi.   We should have all sat on one sofa on one side of the living room, and left the sofa on the other side empty. 

56 minutes ago, Paolo said:

We should have done the same for the semi.   We should have all sat on one sofa on one side of the living room, and left the sofa on the other side empty. 

😂

King Of The Cat Cafe
On 15/11/2020 at 10:54, Paolo said:

Wine? For football?

Has to be a strong, dark beer for purest enjoyment. :P

16 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Wine? For football?

Has to be a strong, dark beer for purest enjoyment. :P

This will be my choice 👍

398EEDA6-2C95-4799-B0D2-72838EF72CB9.png

Bazzas right boot

Not beyond us. 

We have big game players and can compete in a one off game, however celtic could also run away with it if they score early. 

We need all our key players fit and playing well. 

No **** ups ( at all preferably) but 100% not early doors, us being 2/3-0 down at HT would be a shitter. 

We'll need to be a little more compact and tighter at the back than I'd normally prefer but we must not drop too deep either. 

So all said and done - 6-3 Hearts. 

Bazzas right boot
On 15/11/2020 at 20:34, August Landmesser said:

Jump on a bus and train for two hours before as well, then walk 2 miles. 

Also, after the game do the same but let the first two trains go past so it takes 3/4 hours to get back home. 

If it's raining you'll have a full house. 

It’s certainly going to be idd watching a cup final from home.  No-one expects us to win so hopefully the players won’t be too uptight and can put on a good performance. 

On 15/11/2020 at 22:14, Restonbabe said:

It's confirmed as 5pm kick off on Sunday 20th December 

Where has this been confirmed? I can't see anything online

10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Jump on a bus and train for two hours before as well, then walk 2 miles. 

Also, after the game do the same but let the first two trains go past so it takes 3/4 hours to get back home. 

If it's raining you'll have a full house. 

And have a good shower after it all. 

9 minutes ago, karipidis said:

I assume Hearts can only do some form of hospitality deal/beamback if we are in Tier 2? 

Tier 2 - suggests so.

Edit - I think measures to get a decent level of supporters in would be:-

- Season tickets holders only, checked by address on data base.

- No post return to stadium by squad and officials.

- Staggered (or staggering) leaving times

- Club paying for external stewarding to move people on.

Screenshot_20201118-123804_Twitter.jpg

Edited by DETTY29

Tier 3 could get something in for final, but you would get kicked out around final whistle, celebrations. 

Screenshot_20201118-123954_Twitter.jpg

Edited by DETTY29

Caught a bit of a podcast with Crawford Allan last night.

Our tops 3 refs are Madden, Beaton, Collum.   

Doesn't mean one of them will be given the game but let's hope Madden or Beaton will turn a blind eye to some stuff.

Then again they might want Rangers to be the team that stops the Celtic trophy juggernaut.

Edited by DETTY29

My Celtic supporting in-laws are very nervous about this game. The pressure is all on them and they don't trust NL to get the job done. They think Halliday will be worth the the one to watch and will play out of his skin to try and get a result.

I sort of agree. I don't ever remember Celtic appearing to be this beatable. And I agree that Halliday will be key, because he ******* hates them 😂

The Treasurer
4 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Tier 3 could get something in for final, but you would get kicked out around final whistle, celebrations. 

Screenshot_20201118-123954_Twitter.jpg

Noticed that the club are advertising afternoon teas up until the 19th December, maybe keeping the 20th free for possible hospitality 

3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Doesn't mean one of them will be given the game but let's hope Madden or Beaton will turn a blind eye to some stuff.

Then again they might want Rangers to be the team that stops the Celtic trophy juggernaut.

Isn't collum out as he got a semi final? 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

My Celtic supporting in-laws are very nervous about this game. The pressure is all on them and they don't trust NL to get the job done. They think Halliday will be worth the the one to watch and will play out of his skin to try and get a result.

I sort of agree. I don't ever remember Celtic appearing to be this beatable. And I agree that Halliday will be key, because he ******* hates them 😂

Also, they need to keep Lennon, a new/better manager would make winning more difficult imo.

5 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Also, they need to keep Lennon, a new/better manager would make winning more difficult imo.

Agree, the longer Lennon is there the better.

The Celtic team that likely plays us in the final is way better than the one that beat us last May.

Way better.

But they aren’t playing anything like they are capable of.

Obvious to say but first 20 minutes will be key 

King Of The Cat Cafe
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Craig Gordon has got a point to prove, also.

4 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Madden doing international match right now.  🇲🇰