Scottish cup final 2020

One five

Just now, davemclaren said:

Losing to Alloa is not the best morale builder. 

Absolutely not, only thing is I suppose it means we are free midweek before the final. However going out a cup, to dross like that, is never, ever good 

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• One five

• Thomaso

• davemclaren

• Kiwidoug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, sirwalter said:

When Hearts beat Celtic in the 2020 Cup final who will be deemed to have ended Celtic's run of consecutive trophy wins?

A kind of Schrodingers type question. Too much for me. 😁

6 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Wonder if the pubs will be open for this considering we all come out of lockdown on the 19th!

Hope so mate can’t imagine not celebrating our win in a pub gorgie 🤷‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Wonder if the pubs will be open for this considering we all come out of lockdown on the 19th!

Will depend on what tier your local authority area is in on 20/12. 

The Treasurer
23 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Unlikely, unfortunately

Hackney Hearts
2 hours ago, sirwalter said:

When Hearts beat Celtic in the 2020 Cup final who will be deemed to have ended Celtic's run of consecutive trophy wins?

As Celtic would undoubtedly regard it as part of last season's treble, then I would say Hearts. 

Either way it's an excellent question (loads of arguments in pub quizzes!) - let's just hope we don't render the issue purely academic.

49 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Currently in scottish tier two. Praying Northumberland gets downgraded from tier 3 to tier 2.

42 minutes ago, One five said:

Where are you?

The clue is in my name 

26 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Who?

Are you an owl? 

From what I understand is everything will be open as normal from next week's. All shops will be able to open 24/7. Pubs won't. However I am lead to believe for 5 days 20th-25th pubs have no restrictions and it was as you were before covid took over. 

Meaning restaurants can open on Christmas day. 

If pubs are open on the 20th as normal it will be amazing. Just need confirmation from someone in government. Then we can all organise a massive piss up for the final 

Edited by Restonbabe
Addiditon

2 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Currently in scottish tier two. Praying Northumberland gets downgraded from tier 3 to tier 2.

The clue is in my name 

Are you an owl? 

Tier 2 will likely be as it is now re pub rules. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Tier 2 will likely be as it is now re pub rules. 

Scotch egg with my beverage good sir then! 

Just now, Restonbabe said:

I don’t Scotch eggs are substantial in Scotland...burger and chips. 😎

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Main meals, whatever that actually is. Fancy restaurants can give you a small portion of food and charge a fortune, what’s to stop pubs giving a ramekin of food and charge 50p for instance. 

On 28/11/2020 at 18:35, davemclaren said:

Losing to Alloa is not the best morale builder. 

Losing to Alloa goes down as bad as the defeat from the Maltese mob,among some other shockers , time to start playing, 

39 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

The clue is in my name 

Are you an owl? 

From what I understand is everything will be open as normal from next week's. All shops will be able to open 24/7. Pubs won't. However I am lead to believe for 5 days 20th-25th pubs have no restrictions and it was as you were before covid took over. 

Meaning restaurants can open on Christmas day. 

If pubs are open on the 20th as normal it will be amazing. Just need confirmation from someone in government. Then we can all organise a massive piss up for the final 

Who led you to believe that Sturgeon is going to allow a free for all in the boozers? Be surprised if pubs are open at all.

2 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Ha, apologies until now had Never heard of the place 🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

20/12

Could be an omen for the year 2012? 👀

8 hours ago, sirwalter said:

Brilliant question.  Thanks to my exceptional intelligence acquired at Trump University, I can narrow it down to these clubs.  Hearts or Ross County.

Did Ross County beat Hibs in a League Cup final or do I just dream these things?

9 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Brilliant question.  Thanks to my exceptional intelligence acquired at Trump University, I can narrow it down to these clubs.  Hearts or Ross County.

Did Ross County beat Hibs in a League Cup final or do I just dream these things?

2016 league cup final. 

20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

2016 league cup final. 

Thanks Dave.  And a few years earlier it was Livingston.  I remember that one because I had the absolute pleasure of being told by a Hibs supporting barmaid in an Irish pub my daughter used to work in.

Despite it being a very strange situation it's still the Scottish Cup final and it will be fantastic if we win it.  What an end to a horrific year.

Agree with the poster who wishes JJ and Lockie were preparing the team.

Anyway, we have the players.  If they could possibly give 100% we'll be needing the brasso.

Melbourne Jambo

Without wanted to rub it in for those of you that might not be able to go to the pub for it - we've got an event in Melbourne. If you know anyone over here looking for a place to watch, please let them know. 

https://fb.me/e/gtas8NTrt

We have two excellent full backs and goalkeeper.  Add into that Haring in midfield, it's the makings of a good team.  There's no room for passengers so the rest need to raise their game.

If that happens, then maybe...just maybe... 

According to my phone, Celtic have a few key injuries in the forward dept. Including the thumb.  That won't do us any harm.

Hopefully they'll pick up another couple.

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

According to my phone, Celtic have a few key injuries in the forward dept. Including the thumb.  That won't do us any harm.

Hopefully they'll pick up another couple.

This and with us hopefully having a fully  fit squad 👍

been here before
On 30/11/2020 at 10:46, sirwalter said:

On 30/11/2020 at 12:12, NANOJAMBO said:

A kind of Schrodingers type question. Too much for me. 😁

So its the cat who'll get the credit and not get it at the same time?

I would give everything for us to beat them in the final and for Lennon to get the sack just afterwards. Probably too much to ask for both, but one can hope.

It would be such an amazing feeling to beat them no matter what - obviously just because it’s Celtic and it’s the Scottish cup. On top of that though, it would be a huge middle finger to the jokers that run our game.

Edited by Tynieman

46 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

I would give everything for us to beat them in the final and for Lennon to get the sack just afterwards. Probably too much to ask for both, but one can hope.

It would be such an amazing feeling to beat them no matter what - obviously just because it’s Celtic and it’s the Scottish cup. On top of that though, it would be a huge middle finger to the jokers that run our game.

Exactly what I think and it could well happen.  They will be in turmoil right now because Celtic not winning absolutely everything all the time is unacceptable to them.  Donald Trump is probably happier.

Embarrassed in Europe, miles behind rangers in the league and dumped out the league cup at home by Ross County is their worst nightmare.

Our victory would not only be the middle finger to our so-called authorities but to the treacherous clubs which expelled us.  Also leaves them seething at our income sources, pandemic or no pandemic.

We must win.

On 01/12/2020 at 21:50, Melbourne Jambo said:

Without wanted to rub it in for those of you that might not be able to go to the pub for it - we've got an event in Melbourne. If you know anyone over here looking for a place to watch, please let them know. 

https://fb.me/e/gtas8NTrt

I would love to but it's a really bust time for us work wise.  I'm hoping it will be on the telly here.

2 hours ago, Scott980612 said:

Barkas gives me belief that the cup will be in gorgie for Christmas 

He is absolutely horrendous :rofl:Bet you they regret letting Craig Gordon go!

18 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

20th Dec is my birthday and I'll be 56. So 3-1 Hearts please.

Hope you have a very very happy birthday bud 🎂🏆🥳

Hearts getting the Cup, just before Christmas, would be heaven on a plate for me.

Keith Floyd 

3/12/2020

millerjames398

Not so much game related, but my mate was telling me his brother and dad were fitting the team out with their cup final suits, gonna look dapper as **** apparently, he was sworn to secrecy as his brother knew I'd be nipping his head to see what they look like😆🇱🇻

Edited by millerjames398
Spell error

Felix Lighter
12 minutes ago, One five said:

Hope you have a very very happy birthday bud 🎂🏆🥳

Thanks mate. Never been one for omens but hopefully, written in the stars.

56cup.jpg

I just realised today why we will win the cup. What is the date of the cup final? 2012.

What happened in our last 2012 cup final?

Winner winner chicken dinner.

On 03/12/2020 at 22:23, Big Moysey said:

I'm lumping on Hearts to score 4. Seems to be a  standard score against them these days 😋

And we have got form with the 4's.