***Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Sc semi final thread***

Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

Really refreshing to read Robbie say today that Ginelly is desperate to play and that they’ll give him every minute available to get ready for the game, even if it means coming off the bench.  That’s the attitude and team spirit we need - a manager who’ll do everything he can to encourage players to get fit and players who want to break through the pain barrier to play.  Last season, if a player got a splinter he was out for a month. 

Worked out well playing an unfit Haring in the cup final against Celtic didn't it? 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Greedy Jambo

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

Given the history of the ball being over the line that didn’t count there would a delicious irony if we benefitted from this technology rather than them this weekend

I still think that Griffiths free kick wasnt over the line and no amount of technlogiccally thingy stuff will ever change that. HHGH😂😁

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
7 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Last time we played they had two shots on target all game and we had Damour at CDM.

I'm not scared.

Damour was outstanding that night absolutely bossed the middle of the park 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
13 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Aye probably.  Would have to be the worst prep’ imaginable though. 

sad news if true 

derek Ferguson was by a mile the best player on the park in the semi-final against rangers only a few days after the tragic death of his daughter

sometimes tragedies in the short term can inspire people normally to do their best for the one they’ve lost 

14 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Totally agree, going to have to pace myself, could be messy. Im definitely falling out with herself as shr always gets annoyed when i shout at the telly. Seems it scares the dugs😂😂

My wife has been told to get oot the hoose for the day and only return at 7pm with my currie. Not sure if she heard me from the bottom of the garden. 

Parttimer1874
17 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Worked out well playing an unfit Haring in the cup final against Celtic didn't it? 

You think that was the reason we lost that game?.....

11 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Think you’ve misinterpreted what I posted.  For me it’s about giving a player every opportunity to prove their fitness rather than writing them off straight away as soon as the physio looks at them.  It’s also about the attitude of the player wanting to get themselves fit.  If Ginelly is not fit come kick off, he won’t play.  

17 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

I don't think playing created the underlying injury he has had.  He may well have trained all summer and broken down in first game.  What i do remember is that we were keeping Celtic out while Haring was on the pitch.  

32 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Damour was outstanding that night absolutely bossed the middle of the park 

I was being a bit tongue in cheek.

But 'Outstanding' 😂

Just heard that goal line technology, not full VAR, will be used tomorrow at Hampden....

To be fair, I think not having it has saved us a couple of "goals" against them in recent times.....the Griffiths free kick at ER and im sure there a chance at the Gorgie end at one home game..?

Brick Tamland

Robbie knows this game, he knows Hampden, he knows Hearts and he knows that we live rent free inside every hobos head including the players and management. That will be our biggest asset and he will get that through to every Hearts player who pops their head through the maroon jersey tomorrow and we will once again brush the shite aside at Hampden, I am fully expecting a resounding victory for HMFC as hibs will just, you know, hibs it. 
For the interlopers on here, please feel free to bookmark this page you scabby tramps. 

Just incase noone saw in the other thread but the team are wearing the Frightened Rabbit/Bands FC/Tiny Changes top during the warm up tomorrow. 👍

43 minutes ago, Parttimer1874 said:

You think that was the reason we lost that game?.....

My point was more the fact that he was out for ages after playing the match. But losing Haring was a massive blow not only in that game but through the season he missed 

43 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Think you’ve misinterpreted what I posted.  For me it’s about giving a player every opportunity to prove their fitness rather than writing them off straight away as soon as the physio looks at them.  It’s also about the attitude of the player wanting to get themselves fit.  If Ginelly is not fit come kick off, he won’t play.  

I'll be honest I think that always happens. A player will always want to be play. Nothing different or new here. 

43 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

I don't think playing created the underlying injury he has had.  He may well have trained all summer and broken down in first game.  What i do remember is that we were keeping Celtic out while Haring was on the pitch.  

I certainly don't think playing whilst not being fit helped his cause and we missed him massively last season. 

2 hours ago, jambocub said:

I was only going to have a few pints and enjoy the match with fellow jambo's.

Just need to get merry in the house and hopefully cheer us on to victory

😂😂😂

Merry hopefully being the operative word come 7pm!

🍻

Absolute Scenes
26 minutes ago, moz said:

Just heard that goal line technology, not full VAR, will be used tomorrow at Hampden....

To be fair, I think not having it has saved us a couple of "goals" against them in recent times.....the Griffiths free kick at ER and im sure there a chance at the Gorgie end at one home game..?

They weren’t given so were never goals 😉😂

Edited by Absolute Scenes

Hibernian head coach Jack Ross has refused to give an injury update on his squad as they prepare for Saturday's Scottish Cup semi-final against Hearts (Edinburgh Evening News).

wee Covid outbreak ? 🤔

27 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

And the irony is VAR would have ruled out the over the line goal at Tynecastle for offside

50 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Correctamundo....!...hence the air quotes ... :)

Made the tears taste even sweeter at the time......anyhoo, really fancy us for this tomorrow....would be even better if, now the goal line technology is in place, it goes in our favour at some point during the game..!! 

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Just incase noone saw in the other thread but the team are wearing the Frightened Rabbit/Bands FC/Tiny Changes top during the warm up tomorrow. 👍

Thats a nice touch :clap:

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I’ll be kind here because he’s a legend. His memory of events is letting him down for once 

Fair enough but you can see why people believe that story. 

Edited by Silvery_Moon

2 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

Really refreshing to read Robbie say today that Ginelly is desperate to play and that they’ll give him every minute available to get ready for the game, even if it means coming off the bench.  That’s the attitude and team spirit we need - a manager who’ll do everything he can to encourage players to get fit and players who want to break through the pain barrier to play.  Last season, if a player got a splinter he was out for a month. 

Splinter🤣

10 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Last time we played they had two shots on target all game and we had Damour at CDM.

I'm not scared.

We destroyed them at Easter Rd with Damour, Dikamona and Bobby in goals. 

We skelped they 4 times in a season with a team of prepubescent bairns!

No Jambo should be scared.   

2 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

The attitude of the player is spot on, there's been suggestions a few players under previous managers haven't tried very hard to get fit. Happy to sit and take their cash than try helping their team mates and the club get out of trouble.

loveofthegame
3 hours ago, fast_blood said:

Well, yeah, it did actually, on the day anyway... we were more than holding our own with Haring on the park and his loss from the middle of the park ultimately cost us the winning goal, but with him we gave ourselves a right good chance. Clearly didn't work out well for Haring but that was a freak injury, not a muscle strain like Ginnelly has.

I'd rather Ginnelly gave us 45 mins all out, create havoc and potentially sets up a goal or 2 or at least tire out the left full back that is likely to be an inexperienced 19 year old Doig (even if it means he is out injured for a month after), than doesn't play at all. If he can run and feels up to it then start him. 

2 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Well, yeah, it did actually, on the day anyway... we were more than holding our own with Haring on the park and his loss from the middle of the park ultimately cost us the winning goal, but with him we gave ourselves a right good chance. Clearly didn't work out well for Haring but that was a freak injury, not a muscle strain like Ginnelly has.

I'd rather Ginnelly gave us 45 mins all out, create havoc and potentially sets up a goal or 2 or at least tire out the left full back that is likely to be an inexperienced 19 year old Doig (even if it means he is out injured for a month after), than doesn't play at all. If he can run and feels up to it then start him. 

My point was more about the following 16 or so months without him. If agree he made the difference but if Haring was fit last season we wouldn't be in the championship. 

If Ginelly isn't fit then I'd rather keep him for the league than risk him being out longer. 

18 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

No. He's dreading Stevenson being fit...

😂 sadly he’s not. Last I heard Hibs were missing Murphy, Wright and Stevenson for this one. Wouldn’t mind a few more picking up a niggle/virus.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

I was being a bit tongue in cheek.

But 'Outstanding' 😂

i don’t know if the games available to watch but he was 9/10 that night

i know he’s been dire in almost every other game 

was very good in the rangers cup game too

51 minutes ago, RDSK said:

😂 sadly he’s not. Last I heard Hibs were missing Murphy, Wright and Stevenson for this one. Wouldn’t mind a few more picking up a niggle/virus.

Murphy and Wright returned to training. Mind you, they'd probably be better off without Wright.

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

You'll do well to see the France game mate. 

Too busy celebrating 🍾 

More than happy for that 👍

I'm off to hospital at 7.30am for 3/4 days for a hip op I've been waiting years for. Hope some kind nurse can wheel me down to the TV lounge full of morphine and paracetamol!

3 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

I'm off to hospital at 7.30am for 3/4 days for a hip op I've been waiting years for. Hope some kind nurse can wheel me down to the TV lounge full of morphine and paracetamol!

Can you spare some morphine for our junkie friends to help them recover from the big maroon boaby.

8 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Can you spare some morphine for our junkie friends to help them recover from the big maroon boaby.

I've got bottle of the stuff at home for PHM only, hobo's can suffer!

3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

The attitude of the player is spot on, there's been suggestions a few players under previous managers haven't tried very hard to get fit. Happy to sit and take their cash than try helping their team mates and the club get out of trouble.

I said a few years back Hearts players never really looked as fit as their opponents in quite a lot of games, particularly noticeable in fact against shite like Dundee, Livingston, Hamilton etc. when they turned up at Tynecastle. Opponents more often than not won 50-50's in the middle of the park so I think that cost us a lot of results over the last couple of years. It didn't come as a surprise to me that so many came to Hearts, started well then fell away usually within three months. Convinced a lot of the players we had didn't like the training regime and if Levein was questioned by a player they were out the team or out the club.

The players we've brought in under Neilson look like they want to play at Hearts. Heard the training is supposed to be so much better and that was from a player who was here while Levein was.

Ginelly seems to have the right attitude and apparently wants a permanent move. That, as a fan, is what I like to hear, not someone saying he wants out (even though I could understand that at the time). A few more with the right attitude and maybe we can get back to being the club we were.

The last few years we've seen a lack of a bond between the players and fans, a togetherness, a united front. I believe Levein broke that bond and that's not Hearts (of course it isn't, look how we've ended up). Folk like Stephane Adam, Niemi, Rousset and plenty others would be shocked and saddened by that. There was always the Hearts "spirit" and why these guys loved being Hearts players. We need to get it back. A win tomorrow could re-ignite that.

6 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

I still think that Griffiths free kick wasnt over the line and no amount of technlogiccally thingy stuff will ever change that. HHGH😂😁

Absolutely correct.  I'm a distinguished and internationally respected microbiologist and therefore have clear and unquestionable expertise is this area.

Delighted to be able to confirm your enlightened view.

Haringshairband

Just got a text from nhs track and trace to so I've been in close contact with someone who tested positive for Covid. :yas: Day off to watch the game. Better get some beer delivered now I don't have to work.

3 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Just got a text from nhs track and trace to so I've been in close contact with someone who tested positive for Covid. :yas: Day off to watch the game. Better get some beer delivered now I don't have to work.

Congratulations mate. That’s fantastic news. Try and not worry too much 😀

Haringshairband
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Congratulations mate. That’s fantastic news. Try and not worry too much 😀

:lol: ach maybe herd immunity is best after all.

9 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

I hope it was a Hibs player.

4 hours ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Fair enough but you can see why people believe that story. 

Yes it’s a great story and there is SOME truth in it. Just didn’t happen quite the way it was portrayed.