• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Greedy Jambo

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

51 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Still struggling to get up for this, doesn't feel like a big game when not planning to have a day out at some shitty Glasgow bowling club pre match and all the associated build up.

Hopefully come Saturday I will start to feel it.

I’m the same. Doesn’t feel remotely like a semi final. I suppose if we were to get beat it wouldn’t  be as bad then being there. Confident we can beat them on the day. 

julienbrellier
11 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

Gordon

Smith Halkett Popescu Kingsley

Haring Irving

Ginnelly Naismith Roberts 

Boyce

Delighted that so many seem to have come round to the idea of watching this game! Beating Rangers, Hibs and Celtic (or Aberdeen) to win the Cup despite being demoted would be a phenomenal achievement and sweeter than winning the court case against the SPFL.

very strong team and that is almost what I would go with. I would probably start Walker ahead of Ginelli and bring Ginelli on for Naismith assuming he can't last the entire 90/120 minutes. It's a tough one. Really hope Haring is fit to start we need him in this one. Halliday or Lee is a big step down. We can win this, but team selection is important as is motivation. We have to be up for it as they match us player for player.

Feeling quite jealous about those that can feel any sort of excitement about this charade.

😔😔😔😔

Absolute Scenes
30 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Feeling quite jealous about those that can feel any sort of excitement about this charade.

😔😔😔😔

The way i look at it mate is, its a game i get to watch my beloved team in. We are going into this underdogs. If we are beaten, we no doubt will be beaten  due to match sharpness, i wont be ashamed if they get beat fighting. - not making excuses of course, but it'll be the mitigating factor in this. We have the chance to really ram it up the pundit pleasurers by beating them being in the championship being less match fit, less quality in players (on paper) etc and it could mean having a shot at the final, its a win win for us. We go out, we focus entirely on the league, get that wrapped up ASAP. We win, we get the chance to take a crack at an out of form and shaky Celtic and pull an almighty GIRUY to all who expelled us. Pressure is off us - but thats why i am looking forward to seeing what our underdogs can do on Saturday. the more confident Hibs are, the sweeter the tears that will follow if we ram them.

Fear not friend!

36 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

😔😔😔😔

Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian. Shouldn't really be much more needed than that to get up for it. Been buzzing for weeks.

:pleasingao::fth::scenes: :yas:

MarkDevriesScores4

I think we’re unanimously in agreement that this competition is a sham.

the one thing that’s keeping me remotely interested is the prospect of us winning the cup which would make the SPFL look even more useless than they already do (if that is possible).

unfairly demoting a team that goes on to lift the cup would give them a bloody nose and make the situation even more farcical than it already is. 

Imagine winning the cup with a player in your team that you had already knocked out the competition.

Farce.

Will take the win and a cup win but probably file it along with Tennents Sixes/Championship wins.

It is a derby.  It's at Hampden.  Hearts will win.  I am so up for it.  Saturday cannot come quick enough.  

Hearts did not do much under Stendel but we still beat the vermin at ER 3-1.

Can you imaging whoever does win it lifting the cup to an empty Hampden probably in pissing rain just before Xmas 

If the winners aren’t the old firm then the following day they always have a parade in the sun... that won’t be happening 

Good boozers for the game in Tenerife? Ibrox bar is showing it 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Good boozers for the game in Tenerife? Ibrox bar is showing it, tempted? 

image.png

3 hours ago, NLTFTh said:

Cannot raise any enthusiasm for this Corrupt cuptie. 

Never ever thought I'd see the day I couldn't care either way about an Edinburgh Derby. 

I usually like all others on here have the we should do them dry but the gfpl/gfa have waved their Corrupt wand on this one. 

FTh

Either way we'll get another shot at this cup again in january, just beat these scummers on Saturday......🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦😄

I think a major factor in my state of disinterest is the dislike factor.  They are our poor city cousins of course and throughout my life have been one of only 3 clubs I intensely dislike.  Now, they are one of dozens.  

The game shouldn't even be taking place and is a complete kick in the teeth for us.  If the 19/20 season had to be curtailed and as one journalist put it, we had to take our medicine as a result, how come the season is still going.

Celtic.  That's how.

Our authorities are a prejudiced sham.

Nelly Terraces
5 hours ago, cheetah said:

Still struggling to get up for this, doesn't feel like a big game when not planning to have a day out at some shitty Glasgow bowling club pre match and all the associated build up.

Hopefully come Saturday I will start to feel it.

The thread title is getting me more worked up than the actual game. What's this giving these kants their official name in it? The words 'Utter Scum' would have been more appropriate. Absolute shocker from the OP here.

4 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

The thread title is getting me more worked up than the actual game. What's this giving these kants their official name in it? The words 'Utter Scum' would have been more appropriate. Absolute shocker from the OP here.

Ha ha the op has previous for liking a vermin cup win at hampdump so no surprises :lol: 

No noise at Hampden

The SFA have decided against piping in crowd noise for this weekend's Scottish Cup semi-finals at Hampden.

With no crowds heading into the national stadium for the games because of coronavirus, some clubs have opted to have noise piped in through the PA system.

But the national stadium will instead be filled with the sound of silence for the semi-finals, with Scottish FA officials confirming there will be no use of canned crowd noise.

6 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

No noise at Hampden

The SFA have decided against piping in crowd noise for this weekend's Scottish Cup semi-finals at Hampden.

With no crowds heading into the national stadium for the games because of coronavirus, some clubs have opted to have noise piped in through the PA system.

But the national stadium will instead be filled with the sound of silence for the semi-finals, with Scottish FA officials confirming there will be no use of canned crowd noise.

They have used a recording from the Hibs end during the second half in 2012.

3 hours ago, Gambo said:

Imagine winning the cup with a player in your team that you had already knocked out the competition.

Farce.

Will take the win and a cup win but probably file it along with Tennents Sixes/Championship wins.

Which team and player?

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Halliday 

Halliday didn’t play so wouldn’t be cup tied? 

Im sure there’s been players in the past knocked out the cup with his team, not played and then went to the eventual winners in the January? 

Edited by Last Laff

9 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Halliday didn’t play so wouldn’t be cup tied? 

Im sure there’s been players in the past knocked out the cup with his team, not played and then went to the eventual winners in the January? 

Halliday played for rangers when we beat them at Tynecastle ( I think) , anyway there’s an amnesty if players had previously played for another team already in the cup 

I said the other week that I didn't particularly care about the game as long as we put in a decent performance. In hindsight, **** that. Get into these horrible ***** and put them in their place. 

27 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Halliday played for rangers when we beat them at Tynecastle ( I think) , anyway there’s an amnesty if players had previously played for another team already in the cup 

He was a sub that didn’t play.  

he would be okay to play irrespective. 

I've never wanted to ram it up those scum as much in my life as on this saturday!

I get people saying that they don't care because it's a farce its going ahead anyway, However I'm absolutely buzzing for this, Just think of the pain we could give them if we knock them oot after all the big licks they have given to us over our unfair demotion.

It would be glorious!:yas:

Hopefully gino starts! 2-1 us with a last minute dodgy pen!!

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 hours ago, Gambo said:

Farce.

No way - not if we beat Rangers Hibs and Celtic/Aberdeen in doing so as a Championship club.

it will rank as one of our best achievements in the modern era.

its win win - nothing is expected of us but if we play our best for two games we can win this.

37 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

👍🏻

5 hours ago, Gambo said:

Farce.

Absolutely not. While it's a farce its going ahead, to win it we'll need to beat Hibs and Celtic/Aberdeen while they're a division above us and have played competitive football for a few months longer. It would he some achievement.

9 hours ago, Negan said:

Anyone going to be in Tenerife over the weekend? Long shot but you never know!

Flying out Friday from edi with my hibby mate..... 

44 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Not sure if it’ll make any difference but it’s forecast for very heavy rain.  Tired legs.

Been reading hibs players have been looking tired last couple of games 

To be Honest  I thought it would be us due to lack of fitness so fingers crossed it affects hibs with playing for last couple of months 

6 hours ago, Gambo said:

Farce.

Nonsense. Biggest game of the year, will fall second to the final if we make it. Probably biggest game of the season, unless we progress to this years cup semi/ final. 

2 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I said the other week that I didn't particularly care about the game as long as we put in a decent performance. In hindsight, **** that. Get into these horrible ***** and put them in their place. 

This for me.  

when the decision was made to carry on with this Scottish cup I was up for the under 18 team playing in this game.    

As it’s getting nearer I’ve got the buzz for it. 

Edinburgh derby at Hampden. 
We absolutely have a chance  

And hopefully a GIRFUY moment to everyone whose not hearts! 

4 hours ago, Last Laff said:

He played against Hamilton in the round before, so he would have been cup tied under normal rules.

I suspect more folk would be up for this if we had a better team.

Personally, I’m looking forward to it. Likely to be our biggest match of the season.

:fth:

Just don’t concede early. If we can avoid losing an early goal then all the pressure will start mounting on Hibs and we will start growing in confidence. Really hope Naismith is available to start as he has so much to offer in a game like this.