***Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Sc semi final thread***

Bazzas right boot

9 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I think this one will be mega tight. I'm hoping for 2-1 Hearts but could go either way.

I think it will be 1-0 with the goal coming around 60 minutes.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Greedy Jambo

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

WoolfordsHearts
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I hate having to stick up for a hibs manager but there's a reason that Jack Ross got the Sunderland job. 

Robbie has only been successful when he's had money thrown at him and in the feckin Scottish championship. 

I'm sure he's gained a lot of experience now and i'm hoping he "kicks on" but he still has to prove he's the man for the job, in my eyes. 

Yer man had the biggest budget by far in league1 managing Sunderland and flopped big time.

Just saying.

31 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Surprising then that he has won more games against them than he has lost as a manager. 

Not to be argumentative but I don't think he has? 

Played 6 - Won 1 Drawn 3 and Lost 2.

Or am I missing something? 

14 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Ross is a decent manager, we chose to let him go and spend a fortune on other folk, where are we now? the ****in championship.

Money well spent. 

If he is decent as you say and if he does well this season then surely celtic will be in for him.   After all Sunderland was a bigger club than Bolton.   Both failed but you get my point?  My prediction is he will fail and end up back at St mirren or the likes of other small time clubs. 

3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

If he is decent as you say and if he does well this season then surely celtic will be in for him.   After all Sunderland was a bigger club than Bolton.   Both failed but you get my point?  My prediction is he will fail and end up back at St mirren or the likes of other small time clubs. 

I think your prediction is shite. He's a decent manager and has done a hell of a lot in a small amount of time. 

I would imagine that the main man, Craig Levein had a part in getting rid of Ross. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Without fans being in the stadium, will it make it an open game without fan pressure? Or will both teams take caution, set out to not to lose the game, rather than go win it? 

I personally think the latter. I wouldn't be surprised if the game goes the full distance. I hope not, but I think both sides will sit in, look to hit on the break. 

I really hope Robbie and the players have had it drilled into them what this game means. Both Kingsley and Halliday, have spoke really well this week in the run up. 

The thing is. With Celtic really under performing. Every team going into the semi finals will think they have a real good chance of winning this. 

What a GIRFUY! This would be for the GFA should we go on to win it. 

C'mon Hearts get into these spoon burning tramps! 

15 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I think this one will be mega tight. I'm hoping for 2-1 Hearts but could go either way.

I've taken 2-1 Hearts...

I get the impression that there seems to be more goals scored since there's been no fans?

NaturalOrder74

Aye jack loss looked great when we shagged them 3-1 at home from bottom of the league, gutted we missed out on his talents 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

It's really quite bizarre reading supposed Hearts fans slagging off the Hearts manager and talking up Hibs on the eve of a derby.

I'm just not delusional mate. 

It doesn't mean that i don't want us to completely **** them over.

5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I hate having to stick up for a hibs manager but there's a reason that Jack Ross got the Sunderland job. 

Robbie has only been successful when he's had money thrown at him and in the feckin Scottish championship. 

I'm sure he's gained a lot of experience now and i'm hoping he "kicks on" but he still has to prove he's the man for the job, in my eyes. 

I’ll ask again and please try and answer the question. What has Jack Ross done in management that Robbie hasn’t? I’ll break it down for you. 

JR - 

Relegated with Alloa

Won Scottish Champ with St Mirren

Failed in League 1 Sunderland

Finished 7th In Scottish Premiership. 

RN-

Relegations - 0

Won Scottish Championship twice 

Failure in League 1 with MK Dons

Finished 3rd in Scottish Premiership 

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

I’ll ask again and please try and answer the question. What has Jack Ross done in management that Robbie hasn’t? I’ll break it down for you. 

JR - 

Relegated with Alloa

Won Scottish Champ with St Mirren

Failed in League 1 Sunderland

Finished 7th In Scottish Premiership. 

RN-

Relegations - 0

Won Scottish Championship twice 

Failure in League 1 with MK Dons

Finished 3rd in Scottish Premiership 

I don't think you're getting my point. 

He's not a world beater but he's not any worse than the managers that we've flung a shit load of money at.

The guy was already with us! FREE!

Guest ToqueJambo

I'm just not delusional mate. 

It doesn't mean that i don't want us to completely **** them over.

Yes, Robbie, with his 3rd place in the Premiership in only his second season as a manager, can only look at Jack Ross's 7th place last year and, if they're lucky their 4th place this year, with envy.

Huge game for Hibs. Always having to try and escape decades of domination. That last win should have been 4. Naismith missed a sitter. Not good enough.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

He's not a world beater but he's not any worse than the managers that we've flung a shit load of money at.

Why compare Ross to our previous managers? Compare him to our current one.

Although, as it happens, Cathro had a better coaching track record and Levein and Stendel both had better managerial experience.

Edited by ToqueJambo

22 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

There’s also a reason he was sacked by Sunderland. Couldn’t win big games. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
26 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

You say Neilson still has to prove his worth.  Has Ross proved his worth?  If so, when and how?  As far as I'm aware, he's achieved absolutely nothing and Sunderland couldn't wait to see him go.

Knowing the Scottish game,  and the English game are very different things. 

Both Neilson and Ross failed in part because they went for players who were suited to Scotland. 

In my opinion they are fairly similar,  good record in the Scottish Championship failed in League 1 and been consistent in the Scottish Premier 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Why compare Ross to our previous managers? Compare him to our current one.

I am. How much did we pay dundee utd to get him back? they didn't think twice. 

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's really quite bizarre reading supposed Hearts fans slagging off the Hearts manager and talking up Hibs on the eve of a derby.

Key word ‘supposed’ 

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This.

On the eve of a derby, all Hearts fans should be totally behind our club.  

Form, League status, manager history, previous results don’t (or shouldn’t ) come into the discussion.  The discussion should be solely based on when we win, by how many goals we win by and how feckin shite a club like Hibs really are.

Come on the Famous, come on the JT’s.

:fth: 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Knowing the Scottish game,  and the English game are very different things. 

Both Neilson and Ross failed in part because they went for players who were suited to Scotland. 

In my opinion they are fairly similar,  good record in the Scottish Championship failed in League 1 and been consistent in the Scottish Premier 

Neilson has been more consistent in the Premiership over many more games. And the budget Ross had at Sunderland eclipsed MK Dons.

12 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

C Mon.. We all know it's going to penalties 😕

For the love of God that would be a hard watch. 

Guest ToqueJambo

As long as the FOH money keeps coming in, we will waste money time and time again. 

Yeah, that £150k a month is a heavy burden to bear. We should stop this source of funds immediately.

4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

As long as the FOH money keeps coming in, we will waste money time and time again. 

why did you change your name “space pirate” ?  

how you’ve not been launched from here is baffling. Off to bed

Edited by 1971fozzy

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Is this mug still catching folk with his attention seeking pish?

Poor show gents.

Regretfully, I bit.

Unfortunately, when other posters quote him, I see his posts.

24 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I think your prediction is shite. He's a decent manager and has done a hell of a lot in a small amount of time. 

I would imagine that the main man, Craig Levein had a part in getting rid of Ross. 

Imagine what you want, the main woman played a major part in moving Ross on. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Neilson has been more consistent in the Premiership over many more games. And the budget Ross had at Sunderland eclipsed MK Dons.

Also finished higher,  far greater weight of expectation, teams get up for Sunderland and Netflix. 

They are similar, had Ross arrived rather than Stendel,  strong chance we would have been stable. 

Anyway,  I was a Robbie fan first time round and happy, but as Hibs managers go Ross is off to a very decent start. Neither is ever going to be a superstar and both will be respected in Scotland. 

A win tomorrow could dent the confidence though. 

been here before
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Regretfully, I bit.

Aye I had a mate done that. I was talking to a neighbour about it a couple of weeks ago.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Aye I had a mate done that. I was talking to a neighbour about it a couple of weeks ago.

Were you both eating Pot Noodle at the time?

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Also finished higher,  far greater weight of expectation, teams get up for Sunderland and Netflix. 

They are similar, had Ross arrived rather than Stendel,  strong chance we would have been stable. 

Anyway,  I was a Robbie fan first time round and happy, but as Hibs managers go Ross is off to a very decent start. Neither is ever going to be a superstar and both will be respected in Scotland. 

A win tomorrow could dent the confidence though. 

What I find interesting is no Hibs fan I know has really taken to Ross. His Premiership win record is very good, almost Neilson-esque, but there's a general feeling he's been a lucky rather than very good manager so far, especially this season.

Absolute Scenes
39 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

😂😂😂

not even trying to hide it

sunderland are an utter basket case and he’s one of the reasons. He’s not a good manager. 

Gorgie Boot boy
12 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

That money is in a safe place, has nothing to do with Hearts fc funds.

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Regretfully, I bit.

Apologies mate, I had to bite

he is so bad at hiding it though 

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Imagine what you want, the main woman played a major part in moving Ross on. 

The same Woman that admitted that she knows nothing about football?

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Can this very obvious Hibs supporter not be launched?

Spot on , to many people rising to the bait as well . Sometimes it’s  best just to ignore 

Edited by fila
Change

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

The same Woman that admitted that she knows nothing about football?

Just proved you know nothing about Hearts. It wasn’t a football issue as nearly all Hearts fans know. Hope your team loses tomorrow. 

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Apologies mate, I had to bite

he is so bad at hiding it though 

No bother, man.  👍

I don’t think he’s ‘bad’ at hiding it, I think he is not bright enough to do so.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Morgan said:

No bother, man.  👍

I don’t think he’s ‘bad’ at hiding it, I think he is not bright enough to do so.

😂😂 agreed

Samuel Camazzola
26 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You do realise that Ross got punted for trying to work his way into Ibrox on the sly don't you?

1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

You do realise that Ross got punted for trying to work his way into Ibrox on the sly don't you?

That's news to me, i thought it was something to do with something that we're not allowed to talk about.