***Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Sc semi final thread***

Bazzas right boot

I've always wondered why we are consistently told by the village idiots that they are the better side, play the better football and yet lose

Now even I can agree there will be a few times a side gets lucky but it happens far too often for that and still they make their spurious claims with conspiracy theories and claims of bias no matter who the referee is

We nullified their strengths today and Boyle and co only scored due to an offside goal and missed a penalty that never was

The return of two top class players turned the tide and Naismith showed today just why he should be a starter

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Greedy Jambo

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, leginten said:

Utterly magnificent. Well done Robbie, well done the players. On this terrible day, a performance against all odds to honour the captain of our club on one of its greatest days.

THIS. All day long.

RIP ZAL. WE LOVE YOU THEN, NOW, FOREVER.

Massive congratulations to Robbie Nielson.  Deserve that big time and went a long way to healing the dark days of the last few years 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻  Let’s win it now on 20th Dec 🏆

Psychedelicropcircle
29 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

A fluky win is fine with me.. We do that v hibs

you seem upset 🤟🏿

Good to see that the BBC are still willing to print something Robbie never said! Robbie Nielson said it was pay back for being put down... the BBC chose to have him as saying it was pay back for being relegated ! two entirely different things ... and they know it but are unwilling to accept that;

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Like Shankland, Nisbett is massively overrated. Both are currently getting found out in the top league. Neither can do it against the top sides in Scotland. And in todays Scottish cup semi, Nisbett couldn't do it against the third best team in Scotland. His overall performance was poor. Fed up with the hype Hibs players constantly get in the media. Hopefully that shuts up the media darlings.

Nisbett imo offers far more than Shankland. 

Good wee player imo. 

Shite at penalties tho😂

31 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Like Shankland, Nisbett is massively overrated. Both are currently getting found out in the top league. Neither can do it against the top sides in Scotland. And in todays Scottish cup semi, Nisbett couldn't do it against the third best team in Scotland. His overall performance was poor. Fed up with the hype Hibs players constantly get in the media. Hopefully that shuts up the media darlings.

Couldn’t agree more, they were feckin touting him for a Scotland call up FFS 😂

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good wee player imo. 

Shite at penalties tho😂

I don't see it, in either case. Both are completely unproven against better opposition, and they seem to need chances on a plate. The're not especially fast, not especially great in the air, not especially skillful.... Decent goalscorers when given time and a sniff of goal maybe but we see lots of those players in Scotland who come and go at different clubs.

At one time Boyce was that player in the Scottish league, and he still looks a better all round player to me than Nesbit and Shankland, as does Naismith obviously. Quite happy with our striking options now Wighton has found form.

Lost over a hundred grand to try and get the upper hand 😂😂😂 how did that work out ya spoon burning sister pumping scumbags??? 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good wee player imo. 

Shite at penalties tho😂

Save by Gordon from his header aside, I thought he done feck all IMO of course 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don't see it, in either case. Both are completely unproven against better opposition, and they seem to need chances on a plate. The're not especially fast, not especially great in the air, not especially skillful.... Decent goalscorers when given time and a sniff of goal maybe but we see lots of those players in Scotland who come and go at different clubs.

At one time Boyce was that player in the Scottish league, and he still looks a better all round player to me than Nesbit and Shankland, as does Naismith obviously. Quite happy with our striking options now Wighton has found form.

Boyce is a better player all round, but imo Nisbet is decent. 

Better than Shankland imo, offers more out the box. 

Sooooo proud of Hearts tonight, less competitive games and in the league below but we fought and scrapped and kept up our record of not losing at Hampden to that pish. They were absolutely shite. If you keep Boyle quiet they have feck all. Their penalty was a blatant dive and justice was done when the most over rated player in the league screwed it up. Couldn’t be happier tonight, we deserved to be in the final and only wish our fans could have been there.

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

As others have mentioned its another game Boyle has been mostly anonymous. 

Well done to Hearts for that. 

Sign of a good player. Can score when either playing badly or completely anonymous. Henrik Larsson was the king of that kind of performance.

Edited by Gorillajam

1 hour ago, RussAsia said:

What a sad day to hear about big Zal..

But good on Hearts to remember him in the way he loved most.. Turning over the wee team..

Sheer poetry! I agree 100%

Scottie Wanshot.
54 minutes ago, baxterd1974 said:

Wasn't that "fluky". We have a good keeper, our defence was good, we took our chance, we scored our penalty.  Their goal was offside, their penalty was a dive, we have a spine, they don't! 

HMFC fantastic result.

I had my doubts about today (and some of our summer signings in general) but that was superb. 

Proper Hearts performance. 

Well done Robbie. 

thecarnbeejambo

with apologies to tolkiens lord of the rings.... one club to rule the hibs..one club to outshine them... one club will always rule.. at gorgie you will find them....HHGH.

Never beat us at Hampden, we've beat them more times at ER than they have beat us. 5-1 pumpings, 4-0 pumpings. Relegated a few months after their own relegation party. 

Hibs.

Stay Hibs.

1 minute ago, Ari Gold said:

I had my doubts about today (and some of our summer signings in general) but that was superb. 

Proper Hearts performance. 

Well done Robbie. 

I noticed him smiling and laughing with one of the Hearts coaching team just before the start. He's obviously relaxed and confident and that must rub off on the players. His second half subs and tactics  changed the game, and his general demeanour marks him out as a top class manager.

5 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Jeez...Wighton starting. Can almost hear the laughter down ER from my flat.

🤫🤫

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

I believe Lewis Ferguson is with 9 goals. Nisbett's goals haven't been against the top sides. He's scored a number of taps ins along with penalties. His goal against St Mirren was literally a ricochet. He's not that good. I wouldn't take him ahead of our current crop of strikers.

Ferguson’s have been penalties too. He’s ok at stretching defences which we didn’t allow today, missed two sitters thankfully. 
Boyce needs to get going as he’s been poor since he signed. 

Pasquale for King

Had a look at their social media pages, love the nonsense they come out with . Collum a Hun apparently 😱🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈?

This is my favourite though 😆

87AB1AD1-8E67-4326-AAF0-98D51606F6D1.jpeg

wattie exploited

hibs had a few good chances but we had Craig gordon  and we took a couple of our chances fantastic :jambobanana:a win is a win ftbs :rifle:

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Sign of a good player. Can score when either playing badly or completely anonymous. Henrik Larsson was the king of that kind of performance.

Boyle put 2 crosses on  a plate for them Tbh. 

I thought he caused problems, especially first half. 

Larsson was verging on world class, any comparison between him and Boyle is ridiculous imo, not even a conversation. 

:yas::pleasing:

On cloud 99 right now!! I absolutely love this football club!

The hearts are having a party the hearts are having a party the hearts are having a parrrtaaaay! The hibs are in their beds!! Hohoho 

3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Notice you didn't bring up my other post 🙄🤣

Sorry I was trying to find my post about the team selection earlier today 

Couldn't  find it due tonight being drunk but came across yours and jumped onto it 

sorry 👍

1 hour ago, Tennant's 6's said:

😂😂👍

The Hearts are having a party, The Hearts are having a party,  the Hibs are in their bed.- **** 'em

1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

A fluky win is fine with me.. We do that v hibs

Why fluky ... they are shite there goal was offside 🤷‍♂️

Edited by One five

Fluky?  Felt if we had more about us we’d have won a bit more comfier.  Not that I’m saying we weren’t fighting, just if we had a bit better quality in certain areas we’d have stemmed Hibs threat better. 

Stand by what I said before the game. Hibs are ordinary. 

The times throughout the match we had a foothold, we looked more dangerous than Hibs did when they had a bit pressure. I felt as the 2nd half wore on, I couldn’t  think of a decent Hibs chance aside from their equaliser which was from a set piece?

Edited by Debut 4

2 minutes ago, gavvy said:

Craig Wighton for 20 goals this season, he's been a sensation for the game time he's had this season 

Agreed the lad has really turned his game around! 👍

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Boyle put 2 crosses on  a plate for them Tbh. 

I thought he caused problems, especially first half. 

Larsson was verging on world class, any comparison between him and Boyle is ridiculous imo, not even a conversation. 

:notsure: Even suggesting it but :spoton: