***Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Sc semi final thread***

Bazzas right boot

The rat catcher

As a bad a hibs team as I can remember - Full of St Midden, Hamilton, Dunfermline and Hearts kids. The bench was laughable too - not 1 decent sub on the bench.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Greedy Jambo

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

Thought the team worked really hard tonight.

Also thought Robbie and the coaching team got the tactics right.

The substitutes early in the second half changed the game in our favour I thought and actually strengthened the team.

The players gave their all, some made a more telling contribution but tonight is not a time to be too critical, its about enjoying the win, especially after all the dodgy shenanigans that went on before our demotion. This victory is all the sweeter.

Well done Hearts πŸ’—

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

A wee FOH payment made in celebration of today’s score πŸ‘πŸ‘

We missed out on 25 - 30 quid an adult ticket today.

Β 

If you can afford it, or any token gesture, please consider doing a top up over next few days.

Bazzas right boot

Bit shit Tbh.Β 

Β 

Letting that shite take us to et is embarrassing.Β 

Relied on Gordon too much.Β 

Β 

Should be beating shite like that by 4 goals.Β 

Β 

Good result, but need to improve.Β 

Β 

:clyay:

18 minutes ago, Bootzilla said:

The commentators/pundits masturbated over their goal - it came off the back of his head - he was just trying to deflect it - he was facing the wrong way. T!ts.

They were so biased, trying to wish the ball into the net against us in the end, I have become used to this bias, it makes it more pleasing when we win!

SpruceBringsteen

Didn't think it was flukey at all. Bossed the first 15, bossed it the second Naismith and Haring came on. In aΒ 90 minute game a draw would have been fair.Β 

Β 

Wasn't a 90 minute game though eh.

Edited by SpruceBringsteen

7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Hope leeeeanne wasn’t too busy withΒ JRG business to take in tonight’s game

I didn't notice if we posted up another tweet reminding them of what they voted to do to us as we did with Dundee!

Billy Dodds doesn't half spraff some complete slavering shite.

Β 

Euan Henderson did a great job at their penalty. After it hit the bar, I mean.

3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Not a sitter at all. Worldy of a save.

I genuinely feel Gordon gave him the fear for the pen too. Lifted it cos could see Craig going the right way.

120 plus minutes on a rollercoasterΒ 

Yas,Β Baws, Baws, Yas, Yas. YAAAAASS!

Only the news about big Zal can put a dampener on it.

Β 

Craig's not that great a P K saveΒ Β keeper but that save in the first half made Nesbit go higher than he normally would to try and make sure......

Struggling to tear myself off twitter tonight. Just saw a hobbit write about "Willy Jambo Collum" I'm sure he's been called many things in his life but never that 🀣 They really never know what to do after we skelp them, thought they'd have learned by now!!!

So it was a fluke ie we didn't deserve to win ..just shut up we had a plan it worked would love to be in their dressing room at the end listening to their excusesΒ 

Francis Albert
25 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

We missed out on 25 - 30 quid an adult ticket today.

Β 

If you can afford it, or any token gesture, please consider doing a top up over next few days.

Plus it all goes to Hearts not shared with Hibs.

4 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Hibs cheating to get a penΒ 

Β 

Embarrassing

Β 

thought it looked offside when the free kick was taken but then again their goal was offside so chance the lino would have spotted it

47 minutes ago, Pete McGee said:

Thought the team worked really hard tonight.

Also thought Robbie and the coaching team got the tactics right.

The substitutes early in the second half changed the game in our favour I thought and actually strengthened the team.

The players gave their all, some made a more telling contribution but tonight is not a time to be too critical, its about enjoying the win, especially after all the dodgy shenanigans that went on before our demotion. This victory is all the sweeter.

Well done Hearts πŸ’—

You may not post a lot, but when you do you are 100% spot on.Β Β 

magicjohnston
35 minutes ago, Boof said:

Billy Dodds doesn't half spraff some complete slavering shite.

Β 

Euan Henderson did a great job at their penalty. After it hit the bar, I mean.

Agreed. His commentary and input was completely amateur, like listening to a drunk old boy sitting next to you at a game! How guys like him get paid to do it is beyond me!!

1 hour ago, Gmcjambo said:

Eh? AnyoneΒ can see he's got real quality,Β  Β of course, he didn't finish well todayΒ  but his general play showed experience and he's savvy.Β Β Β He is not on a good run goal scoring wise,Β  but he scored the winner.Β  Β This guys is a proper footballer.Β  Β Strange concept but if we support him rather than cut him down, he might just end up showing us what he's capable off.Β  Β He not a rookie, and has proven himself already.Β  Β  Fortunate to have him, and he'll show it over time.Β  Β  Β Think we need to cut some slack to a few of our players until they are properly match fit.Β Β 

Are you asking us to cut Boyle some slack?Β 

Highlights should be on this sportscene show now on bbc oneΒ 

Never consistently watched it but who the **** are these 3 on it?Β 
Β 

Leanne Crichton or something, who the hell is she?

Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Β 

Β 

Big Chris played for ScotlandΒ 

Β 

Leanne plays for ScotlandΒ 

Β 

And the other guy played for some teams like RangersΒ 

2 minutes ago, magicjohnston said:

Agreed. His commentary and input was completely amateur, like listening to a drunk old boy sitting next to you at a game! How guys like him get paid to do it is beyond me!!

Bit harsh on the drunkΒ old boys. Billy Dodds is, was and always will be as thick as John Holmes’ man truncheon.Β 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Β 

Big Chris played for ScotlandΒ 

Β 

Leanne plays for ScotlandΒ 

Β 

And the other guy played for some teams like RangersΒ 

Aye Thompson is useless every time I have seen him. Haven’t seen big Chris on the punditry and Leanne was poor on the Hearts Dundee game.Β 

Big Chris speaking very well in the initial stagesΒ 

7 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

You may not post a lot, but when you do you are 100% spot on.Β Β 

Thanks chrystaf, I try not to post but I read it daily.Β 

Hope you've had a Lovely evening celebrating πŸ»πŸ‘

3 minutes ago, Australis said:

Can I add, tonight that the guy called Porteous who plays for the wee team is single fish and he was found out tonight.

He was the first player down the tunnel without shaking (fist bumping) anyone’s hands. Absolutely raging and rattled by the hands of the famous yet again. Pleasing.Β 

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, Australis said:

Can I add, tonight that the guy called Porteous who plays for the wee team is single fish and he was found out tonight.

Absolutely. Total huddy, pushing and shoving and hoofing, hasn't the brains to be a Hickey etc

34 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Craig's not that great a P K saveΒ Β keeper but that save in the first half made Nesbit go higher than he normally would to try and make sure......

Β 

I agree, the problem was that Nesbit blasted it and there's always a risk that you smash it too high, as he did.Β  Contrast that with Boyce's penalty, he also decided to lift it, but he didn't blast it, just placed it firmly about mid height of the goals.Β  Even though the keeper went the right way, he couldn't stop it as he was diving low so had no chance of stopping a ball that was 3-4 feet above his body.Β Β 

6 minutes ago, Australis said:

Β 

Porteous and Hanlon are in the Scotland squad.Β 

Β 

Talk about selection by media hype.Β 

1 hour ago, magicjohnston said:

Β 

HeΒ really was talking a lot of pish. Which tbf, is all he does.

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ferguson’s have been penalties too. He’s ok at stretching defences which we didn’t allow today, missed two sitters thankfully.Β 
Boyce needs to get going as he’s been poor since he signed.Β 

Β 

I agree Ferguson has scored a number of penalties however he's also scored a few last minute or important goals for Aberdeen.Β Unlike Nisbett, Ferguson isΒ a midfielder and therefore isn't expected to be scoring as many goals however also unlike Nisbett he imposes himself in games and is the type who turns up against either half of the OF and in Europe.Β 

Β 

Nisbett is a tidy enough player but the hype he's received is over the top. He's certainly not an international standard player. IMO (and I agree IΒ don't know much)Β he's not good enough for a top 6 side in Scotland.

fabienleclerq
8 hours ago, Braminho said:

Is that commentator on the bbc a hibby?

I hope so, he was unbelievable all game. I thought I was watching hibs TV.Β 

Did my Rounds last night and even in this sleepy part of Cornwall there was a young lad singing the Hearts song. Absolutely fantastic.Β 

highlandjambo3
6 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Β 

I stuck with the sky commentary.......I take it the bbc pundits had us being extremely lucky and poor hibs, who were magnificent and played with flairΒ throughout the game,Β were unfortunate not to go through.Β 

9 hours ago, Gone said:

Jesus....

Β 

Sin bin them!!!!!!

Screenshot_20201031-223845.jpg

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ PortosΒ back pass? He actually had two back passes that went straight out for cornersΒ to us! He’s dire!

8 hours ago, Australis said:

I’ve not watched Sportscene on a point of principal so not seen much of Hibs but him & Gogic essentially just kick folk.

Gogic literally did nothing but foul people the whole game

2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I stuck with the sky commentary.......I take it the bbc pundits had us being extremely lucky and poor hibs, who were magnificent and played with flairΒ throughout the game,Β were unfortunate not to go through.Β 

TheΒ in game commentary was very Hibs. Pundits were a bit more balanced. MS looked genuinely affected by the Zal news

Edited by Jamhammer

8 hours ago, RobNox said:

Β 

I agree, the problem was that Nesbit blasted it and there's always a risk that you smash it too high, as he did.Β  Contrast that with Boyce's penalty, he also decided to lift it, but he didn't blast it, just placed it firmly about mid height of the goals.Β  Even though the keeper went the right way, he couldn't stop it as he was diving low so had no chance of stopping a ball that was 3-4 feet above his body.Β Β 

WatchingΒ the pens again I thought it looked likeΒ Nisbet actually side foots his, but opens his foot/body up waaaaay too much.

Β 

Boyce clearly had more control but in the slow mos it definitely looks like blasted it.

Stuck offshore with a Hibee for this and he was nervous as hell for days. Refused to watch in the same room as me. He even said before the game that all his Hibee mates had bet against Hibs!! They know they are the wee team they just can’t bring themselves to admit it. Forever in our shadow.Β 

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Β 

I agree Ferguson has scored a number of penalties however he's also scored a few last minute or important goals for Aberdeen.Β Unlike Nisbett, Ferguson isΒ a midfielder and therefore isn't expected to be scoring as many goals however also unlike Nisbett he imposes himself in games and is the type who turns up against either half of the OF and in Europe.Β 

Β 

Nisbett is a tidy enough player but the hype he's received is over the top. He's certainly not an international standard player. IMO (and I agree IΒ don't know much)Β he's not good enough for a top 6 side in Scotland.

Fair enough. Ferguson has far more attacking flair than his dad,Β uncle and manager, if he concentrates on that instead of midfield grudges he will go far. It’s him that should he in the Scotland squad really. Hibsed-itΒ is a bit away from that, but then so should Hanlon and Porteous be too.Β 

Edited by Pasquale for King

The Real Maroonblood
12 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Β 

Boyce is a better player all round, but imo Nisbet is decent.Β 

Better than Shankland imo, offers more out the box.Β 

I really like Boyce he triesΒ to hold the ball and bring others into the game.

I feel he gets criticised unnecessarily.

manaliveits105
9 hours ago, indianajones said:

Β 

Porteous and Hanlon are in the Scotland squad.Β 

Β 

Talk about selection by media hype.Β 

They were still bumming the hibs players up last night even as Porky made error after errorΒ 

but if Clarke falls for it more foolΒ himΒ 

Edited by manaliveits105