• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

36 minutes ago, Barack said:

That's some shooting. Think they'd be disallowed though.

bad offside decisions from a hopeless ref/line judge will rule them out.

Thought Craig played well today 

His hold up play and passing we’re good but he has to start showing more bottle in front of goal . He should never have squared the pass late on in first half must take more responsibility. Did well when dropped into more defensive roll 2nd half 

5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

McSwegan is a blast from the past. Still can’t believe what a massive disappointment he was

Or how big his arse was 

ginger jambo98
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

McSwegan is a blast from the past. Still can’t believe what a massive disappointment he was

To be honest, he was an underwhelming striker. Not exactly a goal machine before we signed him. If anything, his stats at us were amongst his best, nearly 1 in 3 games. Few important goals too, notably in an end of season derby. Not one of the greats though, that's for sure. 

On 21/09/2020 at 19:18, Anything2 said:

My memory of Wales was that he was doing really well for us and looked like having a bright future before Arthur Numan snapped his ankle. 

Correct .. away at Ibrox.  Kirk and Wales were a good partnership up until then that season

10 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Remember us playing away at Stuttgart and being told by one of the coaches that we had tried to punt him to Dundee Utd in a swap for Steven Thomson but McSwegan point blank refused to go. 

11 hours ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

Thought Craig played well today 

His hold up play and passing we’re good but he has to start showing more bottle in front of goal . He should never have squared the pass late on in first half must take more responsibility. Did well when dropped into more defensive roll 2nd half 

Though he did the right thing. He had a chance from a tight angle so he squared it to a team mate who had an easier chance. Not his fault Ginnelly made an arse if it. Maybe a more confident striker is greedy and takes the shot on. I also like the fact he didn’t go down in the second half after he nutmegged foster. Was a blatant penalty but he was determined to get a shot away. 

42 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Though he did the right thing. He had a chance from a tight angle so he squared it to a team mate who had an easier chance. Not his fault Ginnelly made an arse if it. Maybe a more confident striker is greedy and takes the shot on. I also like the fact he didn’t go down in the second half after he nutmegged foster. Was a blatant penalty but he was determined to get a shot away. 

TBH an experienced striker would have gone down and taken the penalty.

1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

McSwegen scores a few neat long range efforts for us.

Also scored a lovely headed winner in a Derby

20 hours ago, ginger jambo98 said:

To be honest, he was an underwhelming striker. Not exactly a goal machine before we signed him. If anything, his stats at us were amongst his best, nearly 1 in 3 games. Few important goals too, notably in an end of season derby. Not one of the greats though, that's for sure. 

Those stats are probably skewed by the goalless run he had a the beginning of spell with us. After he got his first I think he scored regularly for us. If I remember correctly he had back to back hattricks against Aberdeen. 

9 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

thought he played quite well yesterday. Certainly better than the full backs and wingers😀

He put in a fair bit of effort and on another day might have scored a couple.  If he keeps up a decent level of commitment things may just fall into place for him.

Showed nice touches and looks like he's been hitting the weights.

I predict he'll score a goal in every one the 1st 8 games of the season and then be stretchered off the field in the 9th game following a cruciate ligament injury.

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

In a friendly?

Yes - these are being played in as competitive manner as possible or they are a waste of time.

This lad was bizarrely written off from day 1 and has never had a run in the team. Whenever I seen him at Dundee he was always really impressive and I was pleased when we signed him. Hasn't happened for him so far but I imagine he'll get his chance this season. Has it been mentioned that he's got the number 7? According to wiki anyway, still 15 on the club site. 

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

This lad was bizarrely written off from day 1 and has never had a run in the team. Whenever I seen him at Dundee he was always really impressive and I was pleased when we signed him. Hasn't happened for him so far but I imagine he'll get his chance this season. Has it been mentioned that he's got the number 7? According to wiki anyway, still 15 on the club site. 

Don't think the club site has been properly updated yet, still no sign of most of our new players on there

Wighton may well relish not having the crowd on his back from first whistle to last. Could improve his confidence so when fans do get back in we're seeing a more settled player.

"I reckon Wighton might actually do well and score some goals"

"Christ, how do I put a negative spin on Hearts players potentially succeeding......"

On 27/09/2020 at 10:15, pettigrewsstylist said:

Wonder how many of his championship goals will change games though.

22 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

My worry if we are looking at 10+ goals from Wighton in a 4-2-3-1 system means Boyce will be injured a lot or off form.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Did someone not mention putting on a 40/1 bet on him bagging 3?

They did  50 p 

Edited by NB GIN

Really pleased for the lad. 

He turned that Mendy boy inside out when he made MacDonald save at his near post.

Hope he can bag another tonight.

16 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

He's actually looked decent tonight. Plenty of movement and dig. 

Took his pens well but I think he has been poor again. 

12 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

Took his pens well but I think he has been poor again. 

No chance. Played very well tonight. He's clearly been working hard so good on him for finally getting the reward.

Edit - didn't see your 2nd post! Fair play

Edited by Dia Liom

Who is this imposter posing as Craig Wighton??! Seriously though, he's worked hard tonight, 2 good pens and great 3rd goal so good on him. Without sounding too negative, still think championship is his level but be happy for him to have a great season, we get promoted and he prove me wrong in the premiership.