• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

11 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Would love it if "Shighton" 🙄 proved a lot of people wrong by taking his chance in the Championship, then carrying it over to the Premiership. :lol:

I agree but without sounding like a negative bafoon I just don’t see what this guy has. 
Hopefully proves us wrong but seriously doubt it 

I think we need a pacy  striker up top to compliment Boyce 

I’ve no problem with Wighton getting a chance this season. He’s meant to have talent, although he hasn’t shown it in maroon as yet. If he can’t turn it on in the Championship, off he goes.

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Everyone deserves a second chance, or in Wighton's case at us a first proper chance. Maybe he's an arm around the shoulder player who needs the manager to have confidence in him which Levein never seemed. And was he ever played as a striker for us?

He played the main striker role up at Perth - he was awful.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He played the main striker role up at Perth - he was awful.

Was that the game we lost because of a shocker of a penalty decision? Probably best to judge him on more than one game though.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Was that the game we lost because of a shocker of a penalty decision? Probably best to judge him on more than one game though.

You asked if he had ever played as a striker for us - he had.

The fact we were cheated by a crazy penalty decision had no bearing on his s

awful individual performance.

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

New manager. Clean slate. Give it a rest...

7 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

New manager. Clean slate. Give it a rest...

Sorry for giving my opinion - one shared by many on here....

11 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

He had just turned 21 when he signed for us. Maybe he has matured since then and that will overcome the perceived confidence issue. He's now just turned 23. Hopefully a chance to make an impact. The same fans who lament our inability to identify the hidden gems and late developers in the lower leagues expect our own players to be finished product at 21.

Happy to go with Neilson's assessment that he is now ready to be a significant part of the team. It's still not like we are starting the season with him as our number one striker.

Still no sign of the fabled siege mentality from posters that was talked about so much over the summer. Unless the siege tactics is to stand on the barricades and aim inwards. Presumably 'Only Hearts' can be expanded to 'I Only come on to jkb to slaughter everything about Hearts'. The level of negativity is getting painful.

The “siege mentality” manifested itself in ST sales of over 11,500 and an increase in FoH contributions! Pretty sure many of the posters expressing concern that Wighton can cut it for Hearts will be in the above group of contributors to the cause.

16 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Sorry for giving my opinion - one shared by many on here....

Yeah but as opinions go it is pretty pointless, no? We all know Wighton has been very ineffective so far. Some people are starting to say that he's looked better in pre-season under Robbie. Ergo, the opinion you are sharing is already known by everyone, and is certainly out of date. Whilst I would not say it is wrong, there are signs that the guy may finally be settling under a new manager so why not just give him a chance like a sensible supporter...

11 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Cannae handle the heat. Can't shift him so we are lumbered to persevere...tragic.

So other than never having signing him, what should we do? Or can we do?

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Cannae handle the heat. Can't shift him so we are lumbered to persevere...tragic.

What's he had - a handful of games at most as a starter, usually on the wing or somewhere, in either an injury-hit team or a really badly performing team (or both).

Not sure why it's so hard for people to give players a chance. Anyone we're likely to sign for this level is likely to have a pretty uninspiring scoring record as well. At least Wighton was scoring at the end of last season, unlike Boyce and Naismith.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The “siege mentality” manifested itself in ST sales of over 11,500 and an increase in FoH contributions! Pretty sure many of the posters expressing concern that Wighton can cut it for Hearts will be in the above group of contributors to the cause.

The question isn't can Wighton cut it at Hearts. The question is can Wighton score in the Championship. The evidence from the run of games he had last season down there is yes he can.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Yeah but as opinions go it is pretty pointless, no? We all know Wighton has been very ineffective so far. Some people are starting to say that he's looked better in pre-season under Robbie. Ergo, the opinion you are sharing is already known by everyone, and is certainly out of date. Whilst I would not say it is wrong, there are signs that the guy may finally be settling under a new manager so why not just give him a chance like a sensible supporter...

Nowhere did I say I would not give Wighton a chance!

However, despite your “give it a rest” order, that does not change my opinion that I do not believe he will cut it at Hearts.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The question isn't can Wighton cut it at Hearts. The question is can Wighton score in the Championship. The evidence on the last run of games he had last season down there is yes he can.

All just opinions. None of us know - so we will need to wait and see with fingers crossed.

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What's he had - a handful of games at most as a starter, usually on the wing or somewhere, in either an injury-hit team or a really badly performing team (or both).

Not sure why it's so hard for people to give players a chance. Anyone we're likely to sign for this level is likely to have a pretty uninspiring scoring record as well. At least Wighton was scoring at the end of last season, unlike Boyce and Naismith.

Scoring for Arbroath - hardly a fair comparison.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Scoring for Arbroath - hardly a fair comparison.

If he can score for Arbroath in the Championship I'd say it's more likely than not he can score for us in the Championship (an even weaker one than last season).

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

If he can score for Arbroath in the Championship I'd say it's more likely than not he can score for us.

Maybe but your comparison to Boyce and Naismith not scoring in the Premier league was a bit off.

Guest ToqueJambo

Maybe but your comparison to Boyce and Naismith not scoring in the Premier league was a bit off.

Fair point. Strikers are all about goals though whatever the level. We should be celebrating Wighton seems to have discovered where the net is instead of continuing to run him down.

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Fair point. Strikers are all about goals though whatever the level. We should be celebrating Wighton seems to have discovered where the net is instead of continuing to run him down.

I’ll be delighted to celebrate if Wighton starts banging in the goals this season  - for me the jury is out on him.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I’ll be delighted to celebrate if Wighton starts banging in the goals this season  - for me the jury is out on him.

Two in two*

* bounce games

8 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

one shared by many on here

Whenever this is trotted out, you I cringe like hell. It translates as:  “Hey lads, bail in and back me up, I’m looking a bit stupid here!”

9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Serious question has he ever scored a competitive goal for us ?

Edited by JamboNation

Before he joined us he was billed as the sort of forward that gets the ball and runs at defenders, a real direct threat. Hope he finds some form in the championship but his stats professionally are 100+ apps and around 10 goals. So hopefully that improves dramatically.

11 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Did anyone perform that night, so much the Levein got his jotters.

As others have said, RN is giving him a chance, so should we.

Because we’ve had such a big squad for a few years now, no-one has had a proper run in the team. Also, tactics and formations have changed so often there’s been no pattern or consistency. As a result some have been written off far too early. Wighton has really been a fall guy in this. I’ve no idea if he’s good enough but I’ll let Robbie work that out 

16 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Because we’ve had such a big squad for a few years now, no-one has had a proper run in the team. Also, tactics and formations have changed so often there’s been no pattern or consistency. As a result some have been written off far too early. Wighton has really been a fall guy in this. I’ve no idea if he’s good enough but I’ll let Robbie work that out 

Quite agree. Good Post. 

11 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Nowhere did I say I would not give Wighton a chance!

However, despite your “give it a rest” order, that does not change my opinion that I do not believe he will cut it at Hearts.

Thanks.

Ok now I'm confused. Now you are saying both that you don't think he will cut it at Hearts and that the "jury is out". So which is it? Are you giving him a chance this season or have you decided he's had his chance at the club? No point in complaining about peoples' interpretation of what you are saying if you are inconsistent in what you write...

12 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

I’ve no problem with Wighton getting a chance this season. He’s meant to have talent, although he hasn’t shown it in maroon as yet. If he can’t turn it on in the Championship, off he goes.

Same for every Hearts player this season TBF

pettigrewsstylist
12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

He has had plenty chances. 

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Did anyone perform that night, so much the Levein got his jotters.

As others have said, RN is giving him a chance, so should we.

The game I referred to was the 1-1 draw. Levein got his jotters after the 1-0 defeat.

45 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Ok now I'm confused. Now you are saying both that you don't think he will cut it at Hearts and that the "jury is out". So which is it? Are you giving him a chance this season or have you decided he's had his chance at the club? No point in complaining about peoples' interpretation of what you are saying if you are inconsistent in what you write...

I’m totally clear -

1. Like any Hearts player he will get my support in games.

2. Regardless of that I do not think he will cut it at Hearts.

Clear enough for you?

4 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Whenever this is trotted out, you I cringe like hell. It translates as:  “Hey lads, bail in and back me up, I’m looking a bit stupid here!”

Not sure what you’re rambling about? I stated that many have shared my view on here that it is doubtful Wighton will cut it at Hearts - read the posts on this thread.

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I’m totally clear -

1. Like any Hearts player he will get my support in games.

2. Regardless of that I do not think he will cut it at Hearts.

Clear enough for you?

For some on here that concept is too outrageous to fathom out.

You are not allowed to criticise anything regarding Hearts or there is a handful of posters who take it personally.

If anybody cares to see what Hearts fans think of Craig Wighton in the real world and not the JKB universe go and look at the social media content of his loan move to Abroath.

Literally hundreds of comments delighted that another one of our pish signings was gone,Stendel sussed him out after 5 minutes.

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Not sure what you’re rambling about? I stated that many have shared my view on here that it is doubtful Wighton will cut it at Hearts - read the posts on this thread.

Read them. It’s just one of those meaningless statements. State your opinion and defend it yourself. This sort of pish is like when you stand behind the shoulders of others and pipe up with shit like “you tell him”, or “ignore him, he’s a ... “. That’s just tragic, I’m afraid.

8 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

The way I look at it is if an away team turned up at Tynecastle with Craig Wighton as their striker would I be worried?

Nope.

Teams were not worried when we had Naismith, Boyce and Uche because the whole team was shite. We didn't play any worse when we played Wighton up front than any others we have used the last 2 years.

9 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

You are not allowed to criticise anything regarding Hearts or there is a handful of posters who take it personally.

If anybody cares to see what Hearts fans think of Craig Wighton in the real world and not the JKB universe go and look at the social media content of his loan move to Abroath.

Literally hundreds of comments delighted that another one of our pish signings was gone,Stendel sussed him out after 5 minutes.

Pish. I criticise the club for plenty things. This is just a shite excuse people use when others disagree with you.

22 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Read them. It’s just one of those meaningless statements. State your opinion and defend it yourself. This sort of pish is like when you stand behind the shoulders of others and pipe up with shit like “you tell him”, or “ignore him, he’s a ... “. That’s just tragic, I’m afraid.

what a load of absolute guff! 😂

28 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Spot on! 👍

20 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Teams were not worried when we had Naismith, Boyce and Uche because the whole team was shite. We didn't play any worse when we played Wighton up front than any others we have used the last 2 years.

Not really true is it - Naismith, Boyce and Uche have all scored goals and had decent performances over the last two years - unlike Wighton.

10 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

what a load of absolute guff! 😂

No, it’s you summed up completely. That’s all you ever do, and it’s totally tragic to watch. :( 

14 hours ago, NB GIN said:

I agree but without sounding like a negative bafoon I just don’t see what this guy has. 
Hopefully proves us wrong but seriously doubt it 

I think we need a pacy  striker up top to compliment Boyce 

New striker to play with boyce , definetly.....

1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

No, it’s you summed up completely. That’s all you ever do, and it’s totally tragic to watch. :( 

The guff you post says more about you than me. I find it laughable more than tragic. 😂

The guff you post says more about you than me. I find it laughable more than tragic. 😂

Happy to post my opinions and stand by them. Majority of your content is crawling up to others desperate for them to bail in for you. :(

Just now, Beast Boy said:

Happy to post my opinions and stand by them. Majority of your content is crawling up to others desperate for them to bail in for you. :(

Bully for you! 👍😂

1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

Good post mate. You tell him. 🙄

Did your alter ego post that? 🤔😂