Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Friendlies don’t count! 😉

Damn.

As long as we’re putting in clauses then he needs to be fit for selection for at least 50% of the games. With our injury record that would be a miracle in itself!

3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Damn.

As long as we’re putting in clauses then he needs to be fit for selection for at least 50% of the games. With our injury record that would be a miracle in itself!

No problem 👍

On 11/09/2020 at 10:07, Danguar said:

Robbie Neilson hands Craig Wighton 'key role' ahead of new season and expects double figures.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/robbie-neilson-hands-craig-wighton-key-role-hearts-season-2968341

Barn Door, ... meet Craig.

Craig..... this is Barn Door.

5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Correct. 

He's obviously very confident and just trying to work out which charity to give the money to.:rofl:

I was thinking about giving it to “The Levein Apologists Relief Fund”

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

:lol:

Bless him, Wighton might do okay this season (probably not) but it’s coming to something when you have to drop out of a division for your signings to look relatively competent.

And after how many pay cheques?  MENTAL!

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I was thinking about giving it to “The Levein Apologists Relief Fund”

Quite right.  Levein seems to be all you think about.  It might give you some relief.

10 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Quite right.  Levein seems to be all you think about.  It might give you some relief.

Naw - that would be giving it to the “We Were Right All Along About Levein” Fund! 😉

Edited by Thomaso

14 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Naw - that would be giving it to the “We Were Right All Along About Levein” Fund! 😉

Try the "Injuries to key players" fund if you you don't want relief or maybe get an alarm on your bedroom door in case he intrudes during the night when you're asleep.  That way you can switch the bedroom light off when you finally get your head down.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Try the "Injuries to key players" fund if you you don't want relief or maybe get an alarm on your bedroom door in case he intrudes during the night when you're asleep.  That way you can switch the bedroom light off when you finally get your head down.

Ah your old “injuries to key players” excuse for Levein! 😂😂😂

Think you are the one who gets “relief” staring at your bedroom poster of Craigiie boy every night - you can go blind you know! 🙈

42 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Ah your old “injuries to key players” excuse for Levein! 😂😂😂

Think you are the one who gets “relief” staring at your bedroom poster of Craigiie boy every night - you can go blind you know! 🙈

I don't have a bedroom poster of Craigie boy as I am not so fixated about him as you.

The injuries REASON (fact not excuse) may be old hat but is undeniable except to a certain few.  Even now we have Slippy G screaming because he might be 4 down after Saturday's game so we are not alone.

BTW, I don't know if you know but CL left 8 monrhs ago so for your own sanity you really must let go.

Edited by JamboAl

19 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

:lol:

Bless him, Wighton might do okay this season (probably not) but it’s coming to something when you have to drop out of a division for your signings to look relatively competent.

😄

We seem to have a habit of signing players who need better players around them to carry them through games...but we forget to buy those better players, or they are constantly injured (Naismith) or are demotivated (Whelan).

46 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I don't have a bedroom poster of Craigie boy as I am not so fixated about him as you.

The injuries REASON (fact not excuse) may be old hat but is undeniable except to a certain few.  Even now we have Slippy G screaming because he might be 4 down after Saturday's game so we are not alone.

BTW, I don't know if you know but CL left 8 monrhs ago so for your own sanity you really must let go.

I don’t know if YOU know but Levein did not leave Hearts 8 months ago - he did not leave until 1st June - that’s just over 3 months ago.

He may have gone but the carnage of his tenure at our Club remains!

MarkDevriesScores4

Could just be propaganda but Wighton looks like he’s having a decent preseason so far 😬 clips I’ve seen of him, he looks much better than before. Time will tell I guess

11 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I don’t know if YOU know but Levein did not leave Hearts 8 months ago - he did not leave until 1st June - that’s just over 3 months ago.

Agreed 

Gorgie Boot boy

This is when we find out if Craig has the right stuff and for him to find out if he is worthy of wearing the clubs colors and badge. I have no true way of judging him as he has made fleeting appearances and has not been given real service most of the time, seemingly he is a hard grafter in training and has been performing well above his previous times on the training pitches gym etc. Craig has one shot at staying with Hearts till at least January,  if i am hearing correctly and going from some bounce game highlights he is getting the service to show up on the score sheet, we can only wait to find out. Mon Craig hit 20 league goals. Two in the Semi final of the SC against Hibs will do it . Mon the Famous

30 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Could just be propaganda but Wighton looks like he’s having a decent preseason so far 😬 clips I’ve seen of him, he looks much better than before. Time will tell I guess

Given a licence to do what he is good at.

Let's not forget how little he actually has played for us.

Clean slate, lets get behind him.

Gorgie Boot boy
17 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Given a licence to do what he is good at.

Let's not forget how little he actually has played for us.

Clean slate, lets get behind him.

Any football mind will know that strikers need to be played in on the front foot or to the head, what i am impressed with is the cross balls from left and right footed players , swinging into the box rather than out of the park for a goal kick or throw in to the other side.. This is key to goal scoring on the move, the quality that Irvine or Lee posses in the feeding Midfield role will light it up the green zone for the lad. It is simple, play players in the role they grew into not the ones that alienate them. Having ball players means everything to a striker, Boycie will benefit even though he is used to playing little touch and turn type play. Having a forward passing footballing side on the pitch gives guys with little experience of the big game a chance to shine and grow a confidence and real character. No passengers in this Hearts squad or backward play. He will score goals.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy
made a mess of it

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He left as manager 8 months ago.  Try to wean yourself off or see a doctor or something.  It cannot be doing your health/sanity much good.  Think of all the good things the future may hold.

Pasquale for King

Having a manager that believes in you gives you confidence, hopefully this will do the trick in a league he knows he can score in. Having moany ***** like myself not there will help him too I would imagine. 

28 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

He left as manager 8 months ago.  Try to wean yourself off or see a doctor or something.  It cannot be doing your health/sanity much good.  Think of all the good things the future may hold.

Wrong! He didn’t leave 8 months ago did he. He was sacked as Manager but hung around Tynecastle and Riccarton like a bad smell seemingly still offering advice to Budge, until he “left” in June. Try getting your facts right to add to your usual  personal childish crap.

1 hour ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Any football mind will know that strikers need to be played in on the front foot or to the head, what i am impressed with is the cross balls from left and right footed players , swinging into the box rather than out of the park for a goal kick or throw in to the other side.. This is key to goal scoring on the move, the quality that Irvine or Lee posses in the feeding Midfield role will light it up the green zone for the lad. It is simple, play players in the role they grew into not the ones that alienate them. Having ball players means everything to a striker, Boycie will benefit even though he is used to playing little touch and turn type play. Having a forward passing footballing side on the pitch gives guys with little experience of the big game a chance to shine and grow a confidence and real character. No passengers in this Hearts squad or backward play. He will score goals.

Yup, I'm all for him and I'm all for the continued praise he looks to be quite rightly getting for his efforts in pre-season thus far.

Gorgie Boot boy
33 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yup, I'm all for him and I'm all for the continued praise he looks to be quite rightly getting for his efforts in pre-season thus far.

His left peg looks slick to me has a great awareness and has pace on the fly blind side, sure it is not the big game just getting sharp and fit. I am aware of his team work the way he can muscle into a CH and also his runs into space, i also notice he does a lot of covering work when the ball is in our half. Those in swinging balls from left and right look like they are a toe or head away for a new star in our side. I would play him and Roberts up front Boycie  Walker sneaking around.. Tastey

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Still making out for Levein??

9 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

His left peg looks slick to me has a great awareness and has pace on the fly blind side, sure it is not the big game just getting sharp and fit. I am aware of his team work the way he can muscle into a CH and also his runs into space, i also notice he does a lot of covering work when the ball is in our half. Those in swinging balls from left and right look like they are a toe or head away for a new star in our side. I would play him and Roberts up front Boycie  Walker sneaking around.. Tastey

“He can muscle into a CH”???  We are talking about Wighton here? 🤔

2 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

It's the go-faster haircut ...

Gorgie Boot boy
19 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

“He can muscle into a CH”???  We are talking about Wighton here? 🤔

My brother watched him at Arbroath and he rekons he took a good kicking and bulked up during lockdown, also that Craig is on it big time is finding a lot of space. We need to see more of him, check out how close his is to markers and the way he stands his ground. I am going to go with my brother on this he rated Rudi when he was a kid.

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

My brother watched him at Arbroath and he rekons he took a good kicking and bulked up during lockdown, also that Craig is on it big time is finding a lot of space. We need to see more of him, check out how close his is to markers and the way he stands his ground. I am going to go with my brother on this he rated Rudi when he was a kid.

The good thing about having no fans at the october games will give the lad a chance to shine without the moans and groans and arseholes shouting how shite he is every minute of the game.

I really hope he turns out to be a cracking player for us.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

The good thing about having no fans at the october games will give the lad a chance to shine without the moans and groans and arseholes shouting how shite he is every minute of the game.

I really hope he turns out to be a cracking player for us.

You are giving the chat on your memory or mindset of a guy who played little time for us with no confidence in a dodgey Hearts squad that has such a sublime talent for goal scoring much better than the lorded Shankland. The word i hear is Craig is a dynamite threat that is hard as nails and will fly into hell for the Robbie and his team mates. The abuse he endured playing  a few minutes here and there for Hearts is nothing to what he heard playing in the shitefest league with Arbroath. My Brother is excited about this new Hearts compact clean cut throat incisive play , whispers regarding two new recruits this week.

24 minutes ago, David Black said:

Well he certainly scored a cracking goal at training today. 

I was all for giving Wighton a chance. Then I saw him training in trousers. What is that about?

Edited by Saint Jambo

49 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I think everybody rated Rudi from day one TBH.

Edited by Thomaso

23 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Sure £100? I’ll be delighted to pay out by the way! 👍

I just can’t understand the logic suggesting he will score 12 goals. 
He is absolutely murder never good enough for hearts. Worried that Neilson believes in him as have not seen one decent performance from him. 

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Some Jambos are hard to get. Guys like Wyness can score wonder goals, and next week they're back to square one. It is a massive problem Hearts has we also don't rate decent  players technically as they are not big and strong lads. Damour is struggling with that at the moment, sure he's a wee guy but he can play that's obvious. No consistently from some fans

Edited by rudi must stay

6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Some Jambos are hard to get. Guys like Wyness can score wonder goals, and next week they're back to square one. It is a massive problem Hearts has we also don't rate decent  players technically as they are not big and strong lads. Damour is struggling with that at the moment, sure he's a wee guy but he can play that's obvious. No consistently from some fans

Damour can play, probably. When he wants to, which isn’t very often. Mostly he looked as if he couldn’t be arsed. I saw him play a decent second half against Rangers in the Cup and a very good game at Easter Road. Other than that he was utterly horrific, and his propensity for giving the ball away in areas from which we then conceded cost us points more than once. He was an integral part of Levein’s holiday camp for journeymen.

It’s not the Hearts fans who are the problem.

Gorgie Boot boy
23 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

My Brother saw Rudi  at aged 9

How sad must you be to be actually praying for a Hearts player to fail so you can come on to a message board and give it the old I told you so. Me I'll continue to support every person that is so lucky and honoured to pull on the Heart of Midlothian shirt 

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, leginten said:

Damour can play, probably. When he wants to, which isn’t very often. Mostly he looked as if he couldn’t be arsed. I saw him play a decent second half against Rangers in the Cup and a very good game at Easter Road. Other than that he was utterly horrific, and his propensity for giving the ball away in areas from which we then conceded cost us points more than once. He was an integral part of Levein’s holiday camp for journeymen.

Damour is a difficult one, he has a good back ground that slowed down over the last three seasons. He looked injured or lacking peak match fitness most of the games i watched him play, he is a bit iffy . The length of his contract is a big issue as it stops him having a fighting fit hunger to succeed. this is my opinion

1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Damour is a difficult one, he has a good back ground that slowed down over the last three seasons. He looked injured or lacking peak match fitness most of the games i watched him play, he is a bit iffy . The length of his contract is a big issue as it stops him having a fighting fit hunger to succeed. this is my opinion

I think your point about contract length is a good one. I’m assuming this is an issue which has now been addressed with regard to future signings.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, leginten said:

I think your point about contract length is a good one. I’m assuming this is an issue which has now been addressed with regard to future signings.

The alarming thing about that contract is that Levein knew Damour was never going to be at top match fitness for at least a year, he was signed thrown in got a hacked ankle against Ross county first game and took the huff put on weight on fell off the pace . He seems to be a lot fitter and found a smile, is well liked . Not got an issue with him as i think he is capable of being a new signing really.

rudi must stay
14 minutes ago, leginten said:

We are though mate. See when we sat back relaxed and let the players do their stuff we breezed the championship. And I would love to see that happen again, maybe with no crowds we'll be better 

Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The alarming thing about that contract is that Levein knew Damour was never going to be at top match fitness for at least a year, he was signed thrown in got a hacked ankle against Ross county first game and took the huff put on weight on fell off the pace . He seems to be a lot fitter and found a smile, is well liked . Not got an issue with him as i think he is capable of being a new signing really.

Good to hear.

42 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

We can but hope so. 

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We can but hope so. 

Without factual evidence in game time , then it is like most things Hearts related or even life. Positive Hope

36 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Without factual evidence in game time , then it is like most things Hearts related or even life. Positive Hope

He seemed to do well enough in the English Championship so there’s surely a player there somewhere.