• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The one that said “you tell him”. 😉

Oh... I thought you had an interesting conspiracy theory or something. Disappointed.

2 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Oh... I thought you had an interesting conspiracy theory or something. Disappointed.

Aw that’s a shame. 😔

49 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Not really true is it - Naismith, Boyce and Uche have all scored goals and had decent performances over the last two years - unlike Wighton.

They all played as shite and didn't score goals in more games than Wighton did. I'm not saying he is the answer to any problems, I'm just saying many supposed better players have played a shit as he has done, hence why we were bottom.

Watching Wighton and Maclean was up there with the most painful performances I’ve seen by any player at Hearts in my lifetime and that’s saying something.

Its like watching a couple of 10 year old wee boys playing football with grown men. You only have to look at them the wrong way and they will give you the ball.  Absolutely take a back seat in any even half challenge for a ball and neither even had the pace or belief to be first to anything.  

Even when they didn’t have to do anything and were handed perfect opportunities to out the ball in the net they would somehow find a way to mess it up.  It got beyond predictable watching them.  The fact that one of them is still in the squad and even being considered is soul destroying.  Doesn’t matter what league we are in.  

I was all for Neilson and giving him and fair chance but Wighton being made out to be some sort of centre forward prospect for us and the Zlamal decision has seriously left me with massive doubts and a fair bit of anger as well.  

Edited by Brown1982

Posted earlier I didn't think he had the heart/ strength of character to make it here. 

Whilst mental and physical are obviously not the same, I do have to give him credit, he's very obviously filled out over lockdown, so fingers crossed its given him the gee up he's needed. Obviously, don't want any Hearts player to fail, so perhaps this is him turning a corner. 

34 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

They all played as shite and didn't score goals in more games than Wighton did. I'm not saying he is the answer to any problems, I'm just saying many supposed better players have played a shit as he has done, hence why we were bottom.

Eh? Naismith, Boyce and Uche all scored for Hearts - Wighton has never scored for Hearts in a competitive match.

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I’m totally clear -

1. Like any Hearts player he will get my support in games.

2. Regardless of that I do not think he will cut it at Hearts.

Clear enough for you?

Apart from you left out:

3. Won't support him on internet, even though it contradicts 1. 

It's like telling everyone you love your wife when out and about, and beating the crap out of her behind closed doors...

22 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Apart from you left out:

3. Won't support him on internet, even though it contradicts 1. 

It's like telling everyone you love your wife when out and about, and beating the crap out of her behind closed doors...

It’s not. 😏

The next few months are crucial for Wighton. They will determine what sort of future he has in the game. Given game time he will get plenty chances to score. He simply must take a decent percentage of these chances. If he can't score in this league his future career looks set to nosedive. 

He has always been a bit of an enigma. Dubbed a "wizard" by coaching staff at Dundee early in his career, he really looked a talented guy with a big future.

But it's all gone wrong for a number of reasons (some out of his control like serious injuries). His confidence seemed shot and for all his supposed physical strength always came over as a bit of a lightweight with no real mental strength either.

But no one knows this better than him and he seems determined to do something about it. 

Good luck to him and I hope we can give him a chance to repay our stalled investment in him. Most of all I hope he takes it!

8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It’s not. 😏

Indeed - but the analogy would not have made any sense if I'd not reversed the parallels. 

It is like telling your wife you love her in private but then beating the crap out of her in public! 😆

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Brown1982 said:

Watching Wighton and Maclean was up there with the most painful performances I’ve seen by any player at Hearts in my lifetime and that’s saying something.

Its like watching a couple of 10 year old wee boys playing football with grown men. You only have to look at them the wrong way and they will give you the ball.  Absolutely take a back seat in any even half challenge for a ball and neither even had the pace or belief to be first to anything.  

Even when they didn’t have to do anything and were handed perfect opportunities to out the ball in the net they would somehow find a way to mess it up.  It got beyond predictable watching them.  The fact that one of them is still in the squad and even being considered is soul destroying.  Doesn’t matter what league we are in.  

I was all for Neilson and giving him and fair chance but Wighton being made out to be some sort of centre forward prospect for us and the Zlamal decision has seriously left me with massive doubts and a fair bit of anger as well.  

Wighton has played 8 full matches for us. For some reason half of those were against Rangers and Celtic, a couple of times played on the wing. Almost all his game time has been 20 minutes as a sub here and there. I'm interested to see how he does against worse teams and in a better team creating more chances.

Edited by ToqueJambo

5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Indeed - but the analogy would not have made any sense if I'd not reversed the parallels. 

It is like telling your wife you love her in private but then beating the crap out of her in public! 😆

It’s not 😏

36 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Yeah, everyone knows that should be the other way round. 👍

husref musemic
4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Wighton has played 8 full matches for us. For some reason half of those were against Rangers and Celtic, a couple of times played on the wing. Almost all his game time has been 20 minutes as a sub here and there. I'm interested to see how he does against worse teams and in a better team creating more chances.

I'm still keen he leaves alongside the other bit part players in our demise.  Hopefully Dundee might take him back? 

pettigrewsstylist
9 hours ago, Brown1982 said:

Bravo. Agreed.

8 hours ago, stuart500 said:

The next few months are crucial for Wighton. They will determine what sort of future he has in the game. Given game time he will get plenty chances to score. He simply must take a decent percentage of these chances. If he can't score in this league his future career looks set to nosedive. 

He has always been a bit of an enigma. Dubbed a "wizard" by coaching staff at Dundee early in his career, he really looked a talented guy with a big future.

But it's all gone wrong for a number of reasons (some out of his control like serious injuries). His confidence seemed shot and for all his supposed physical strength always came over as a bit of a lightweight with no real mental strength either.

But no one knows this better than him and he seems determined to do something about it. 

Good luck to him and I hope we can give him a chance to repay our stalled investment in him. Most of all I hope he takes it!

Pretty fair post and like you I hope he works hard to take the chance circumstances re Covid etc have given him

7 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

If he hits double figures in the league goalswise I'll be utterly flabbergasted.

It’s probably just one of these situations where after a long period of not seeing a player play, people just forget how pish they were. Happens quite a lot. In saying that, it’s a poor league we’ll be playing in so you never know. 

Wighton will do well this season. He’s impressed since he came back and is a totally different player to Boyce. In this league he’ll stretch defences and is surprisingly quick. He won’t always be a starter but will be a great option later in the game. 

8 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

If he hits double figures in the league goalswise I'll be utterly flabbergasted.

Doubt u will be flabbergasted, imho i dont think hes good enough for Hearts.

A_A wehatethehibs

Wighton is an awful, weak willed footballer who does not have the balls to play for Hearts. He bottles it out of every tackle, misplaces every pass and scuffs every shot weakly wide of the goal. Mentally not strong enough to play for hearts. 

Neilson is obviously trying to be pragmatic and try to get the boy confident enough to contribute something to our promotion bid

On 11/09/2020 at 10:07, Danguar said:

Robbie Neilson hands Craig Wighton 'key role' ahead of new season and expects double figures.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/robbie-neilson-hands-craig-wighton-key-role-hearts-season-2968341

God help us. I think Robbie is softening us up for the inevitable news that Naismith isn't fit and won't be able to start the season.

2 hours ago, DS98 said:

Wighton will do well this season. He’s impressed since he came back and is a totally different player to Boyce. In this league he’ll stretch defences and is surprisingly quick. He won’t always be a starter but will be a great option later in the game. 

WOW! 😳

So this is it. After six years, Craig ****ing Wighton is now our Top Gun.

:facepalm:

Every game is effectively 'a chance' and this dud has had over 20. He could not score in a brothel with gold bullion and diamonds taped to his member.

15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Every game is effectively 'a chance' and this dud has had over 20. He could not score in a brothel with gold bullion and diamonds taped to his member.

Aye, he’s clearly ahead of Boyce and Naismith in the pecking order...

4 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Aye, he’s clearly ahead of Boyce and Naismith in the pecking order...

I read the comments differently. Also, Naismith spends less time in and more time out than a tampon.

Scottie Wanshot.
On 11/09/2020 at 10:35, Furious Styles said:

The fact that he is still at hearts is a disappointment. I don’t care what Robbie says. He’s ****ing shite. 

agree

I’d be surprised if any Hearts centre forward failed to score at least 20 league goals this season if playing regularly and staying fit. I don’t really rate the guy, but he’s a Hearts player so that’s good enough for me. 

8 minutes ago, GORGIE MONK said:

I’d be surprised if any Hearts centre forward failed to score at least 20 league goals this season if playing regularly and staying fit. I don’t really rate the guy, but he’s a Hearts player so that’s good enough for me. 

Given our top scorers in 14/15 each only scored 12 goals in a full 36 game season where we smashed the league's goals scored record I think you're being a touch unrealistic. 

Edited by Jamboross

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Lol, 😀, how are you bud.

3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Lol, 😀, how are you bud.

Hey mate. Taken a few months off JKB for not just my sake but everyone's  Back now feeling fresh and ready for a new season of being a terrible fan.

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Hey mate. Taken a few months off JKB for not just my sake but everyone's  Back now feeling fresh and ready for a new season of being a terrible fan.

Hardly terrible, you just say how it is.

21 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Spot on mate 👍

The lad looks to me technically gifted 

ironically one of our better performers the night Levein got the bullet ( if memory serves me right ) Hopefully The Monkey of his back 

2 hours ago, DS98 said:

Fancy a wee charity bet? 

I’ll go for 12 goals for Wighton this season 

With the odd cup tie here and there, that's working out around 2 goals every 5 games.

Provided he avoids injuries and is consistently selected, I would have thought that should be easily attainable in what is effectively the 2nd division.

Will be interesting to see if he takes your bet.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

With the odd cup tie here and there, that's working out around 2 goals every 5 games.

Provided he avoids injuries and is consistently selected, I would have thought that should be easily attainable in what is effectively the 2nd division.

Will be interesting to see if he takes your bet.

Yeah I’d agree in part but if CW was to get 12 then he would match our top goal scorer from the last time we were in this league. That was our all conquering free scoring league champs. Sow, Walker, Zefuik, Keatings etc 

Surely if the poster truly believes Wighton is so terrible and a lost cause then it’s free money?

56 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Yeah I’d agree in part but if CW was to get 12 then he would match our top goal scorer from the last time we were in this league. That was our all conquering free scoring league champs. Sow, Walker, Zefuik, Keatings etc 

Surely if the poster truly believes Wighton is so terrible and a lost cause then it’s free money?

Correct. 

He's obviously very confident and just trying to work out which charity to give the money to.:rofl:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

:lol:

Bless him, Wighton might do okay this season (probably not) but it’s coming to something when you have to drop out of a division for your signings to look relatively competent.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, DS98 said:

Fancy a wee charity bet? 

I’ll go for 12 goals for Wighton this season 

Who knows how long this season will be or even if it starts, but even with just 27 games I'd be pretty confident of Walker and any two of the forwards - whoever plays the most basically out of Boyce, Naismith, Roberts and Wighton, getting double figures. I'd even fancy a bet on Halkett getting double figures.