Craig Wighton Goal Machine!

Danguar

Just now, Beast Boy said:

I don’t think he was saying that. I’m pretty sure he actually said: “Yerm Gem”.

:robboyas:

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

Speaking of blame hounds, I wonder how far back we can trace the chain? Starting at Wighton and working our way backwards:

Wighton

Clare

Djoum

10 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Hey, cheer up, our run won’t last forever. You’ll be able to enjoy yourself slagging Hearts off again soon enough. As tragic as it is, at least you’ll be happy. :( 

I want us to be successful, when i watch a game i look at it as a whole, unlike you, i see the mistakes and want us to improve. 

Being a happy clapper makes you happy, and that's fine, just don't try and talk to me about actual football. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Hat trick at a good time for him. He must be able to weigh in at this level. He’ll never be ace but this is why we shouldn’t waste money on another forward. Him, Boyce and Naismith is enough 

been here before
14 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

I don’t think he was saying that. I’m pretty sure he actually said: “Yerm Gem”.

Looked to me like it was 'fxxkin hell if Raith had scored and that was never a penalty...'.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
17 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

The big question really is:

Do we choose another blame hound now, or do we hold off until Wighton has a poor game?

Mother Theresa is here.

Just joking, fair play to Wighton.

Hopefully Wighton "kicks on" now and starts earning his wage, I'm pleased for him because let's face it, he's was on last chance saloon. 

As dusk said, he should be able to do a job in the championship, he's scored goals for Arbroath. 

Will he do enough for a new contract? assuming we'll be back in the premiership next season, i'm not so sure. 

6 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Hopefully Wighton "kicks on" now and starts earning his wage, I'm pleased for him because let's face it, he's was on last chance saloon. 

As dusk said, he should be able to do a job in the championship, he's scored goals for Arbroath. 

Will he do enough for a new contract? assuming we'll be back in the premiership next season, i'm not so sure. 

Ill be sticking a fiver on him to score the winner v Hibs.

1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

Ill be sticking a fiver on him to score the winner v Hibs.

That would defo put him higher up in my estimations. 

But just to piss you off, olly lee has scored against hibs and he's shite haha. 

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

That would defo put him higher up in my estimations. 

But just to piss you off, olly lee has scored against hibs and he's shite haha. 

Why would that piss me off? I only really feel pity for folk who get their kicks slagging off their football team. :) 

Just now, Beast Boy said:

Why would that piss me off? I only really feel pity for folk who get their kicks slagging off their football team. :) 

I wouldn't call it slagging, but I think after the last 6 years, with the amount of money we've pilled in, and where we find ourselfs, the criticism is warranted. 

Especially on here when we've got the likes of you thinking everything is just always brilliant. 

2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I wouldn't call it slagging, but I think after the last 6 years, with the amount of money we've pilled in, and where we find ourselfs, the criticism is warranted. 

Especially on here when we've got the likes of you thinking everything is just always brilliant. 

I think you’re just incapable of feeling happy, unless you have something to get all whiny and dramatic about. 

2 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

I think you’re just incapable of feeling happy, unless you have something to get all whiny and dramatic about. 

Mate, i was happy earlier when you weren't posting. 

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Mate, i was happy earlier when you weren't posting. 

When you were whining?

3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Nah, on match day when you were nowhere to be seen. 

Oh, so were you actually praising the team on the match day thread, and only started whining afterwards, then? Or were you happy because you were whining on the match day thread?

2 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Oh, so were you actually praising the team on the match day thread, and only started whining afterwards, then? Or were you happy because you were whining on the match day thread?

Chips and beans?

3 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Did I hear correct last night when the commentary said that he'd scored 7 goals for us now. When have I missed the other 4 he had before last night?

Screenshot_20201014-222851_Samsung Internet.jpg

5 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

CW had a good game last night, and I don't understand those who are saying "yeah, but ..."

He took two excellent penalties and his third goal was a pleasure to watch, which clinched the win for us.

Are we going to withhold praise for everybody on the team when they have a good game, merely because they've had crap games in the past?

How about the whole team?  If we play well and win are we going to say "Yeah, but remember how shite we were against St. Mirren last year?" 

I agree... wasn’t a fan of his, but he has clearly worked hard and looks more physical...always thought he looked a bit light weight when he played before. 
Has looked a much better player since his return and I hope will do really well.

I watched the game 2 more times and I have to say CW is looking very fit and strong 👍🏻 And I think he will score easily 20 goals this season. With having no fans in might actually help the boy get confidence, a goal on Friday night will boost him and a winner in the semi 😉

Hope the lad has turned the corner.

He looks stronger now but wouldn't think he could be a target man.

Like to see how he does with half chances in the box as I think a lot of teams will camp in against us.

Could be very useful against Hibs later in the game I think.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Hat trick at a good time for him. He must be able to weigh in at this level. He’ll never be ace but this is why we shouldn’t waste money on another forward. Him, Boyce and Naismith is enough 

I... Agree 100%.

:berra:

We get extremes on here.  This is a good example.  Suddenly he's gone from villian to hero.  Let's give it a few weeks and bear in mind it's championship opposition.

Well done to him.  Must be great for his confidence.  Another on Friday would be terrific.

He has definitely bulked up during lockdown as was easily knocked off the ball before. Playing with more confidence now and maybe big Lee McCulloch has been tutoring him.

Edited by Newton51

SectionDJambo

I find it fairly sad, but not surprising, that quite a few opinions are that Wighton will enjoy playing in an empty Tynecastle, due to the pressure he has felt in the past.

Sad for him, that he hasn't had the mental strength to perform confidently in front of a home crowd, and sad that the same home crowd are so quick to turn on our players instead of encouraging them to do better. 

In my opinion, Hearts fans have brilliant for our club, away from the matches. At the matches, particularly at home, Hearts fans are arguably the most vocally critical of their team in Scotland, except in big games, where we tend to get behind the team for the most part. 

Whilst understandable that we are more than a little fed up with the team's performances over the last few seasons, getting on the backs of our players,  whether in person or through social media, particularly younger players, isn't going to improve their game at all. The opposite will happen.

I really hope that Craig Wighton continues his improvement, to the extent that he will have the support of Hearts fans, especially at Tynecastle, and be able to score many goals for Hearts.

In some ways, the criticism of him reminds me of Willie Gibson. Quite a number of Hearts fans didn't like him, but his scoring record was more than decent. If Craig Wighton ends up with Willie's scoring record at Hearts, he'll be fine.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Has anyone posted that Wighton is a "top striker" now, or words to that effect? If they have, then let them come forward.

If most people have acknowledged that Wighton's performances for Hearts have been underwhelming to say the least, but after his goals the other night, acknowledged he played well & was far more confident...let them also come forward.

I'll hazard a guess the latter will be the majority. 

No-one's seriously expecting the boy to do a Cosgrove(penalties aside) and take on Boyce or Naismith for top scorer. But I don't think it's too far fetched to realise he looks more confident than he ever did. If that's due to no crowds, Robbie's backing, more sex at home...good. He's admitted having mental health issues regarding injuries & playing for us.

The amount of folk on here that have admitted their own struggles in the Shed, are quick to tear into another person for theirs. Clare was another example. 

He'll be fine in the Championship. I doubt he'll get his contract extended. But after personally giving the lad pelters, I'll give him my support on this. As I've seen enough already, to suggest somethings changed with him.

Good post

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Has anyone posted that Wighton is a "top striker" now, or words to that effect? If they have, then let them come forward.

If most people have acknowledged that Wighton's performances for Hearts have been underwhelming to say the least, but after his goals the other night, acknowledged he played well & was far more confident...let them also come forward.

No-one's seriously expecting the boy to do a Cosgrove(penalties aside) and take on Boyce or Naismith for top scorer. But I don't think it's too far fetched to realise he looks more confident than he ever did. If that's due to no crowds, Robbie's backing, more sex at home...good. He's admitted having mental health issues regarding injuries & playing for us.

The amount of folk on here that have admitted their own struggles in the Shed, are quick to tear into another person for theirs. Clare was another example. 

He'll be fine in the Championship. I doubt he'll get his contract extended. But after personally giving the lad pelters, I'll give him my support on this. As I've seen enough already, to suggest somethings changed with him.

Well said Prez.

Big Slim Stylee
2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I find it fairly sad, but not surprising, that quite a few opinions are that Wighton will enjoy playing in an empty Tynecastle, due to the pressure he has felt in the past.

Sad for him, that he hasn't had the mental strength to perform confidently in front of a home crowd, and sad that the same home crowd are so quick to turn on our players instead of encouraging them to do better. 

In my opinion, Hearts fans have brilliant for our club, away from the matches. At the matches, particularly at home, Hearts fans are arguably the most vocally critical of their team in Scotland, except in big games, where we tend to get behind the team for the most part. 

Whilst understandable that we are more than a little fed up with the team's performances over the last few seasons, getting on the backs of our players,  whether in person or through social media, particularly younger players, isn't going to improve their game at all. The opposite will happen.

I really hope that Craig Wighton continues his improvement, to the extent that he will have the support of Hearts fans, especially at Tynecastle, and be able to score many goals for Hearts.

In some ways, the criticism of him reminds me of Willie Gibson. Quite a number of Hearts fans didn't like him, but his scoring record was more than decent. If Craig Wighton ends up with Willie's scoring record at Hearts, he'll be fine.

Difficult to argue with that.

On 14/10/2020 at 08:10, 1971fozzy said:

That’s your fifth post  in 14 years ?  

What's that got to do with the price of fish?

I only come out my den to respond to some of the rubbish I read on here.  And I see that some "fans"are still reluctant to give the boy credit.

4 hours ago, Barack said:

Agree with all of this, except the bit in bold, in case he still stays with his Mum.

3 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Spot on

Before the champo manager brigade brought the booing to tynecastle players like Wighton were urged on by the home crowd inspite of their thoughts on his abilities. 

This often gave our players an extra edge and we would be beating teams. 

Pre the pandemic opposition teams and refs were getting an easy ride compared to our own players. No wonder its not the fortress it once was. 

Great post.

RustyRightPeg

Couldn't have put it better myself.

I have rambled on about how some of our players (those who remain and have been under some pressure from the fans rightly or wrongly) will in all likelihood perform much better and show to us as fans, why the manager picks them in the first place based on what they see in training. First example is Wighton. Second example, perhaps White or Damour, who knows?

33 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Great post.

Absolutely.  And for those who go back even further than Willie Gibson, I recall many who just couldn't wait to criticise Willie Wallace!

It's Hearts supporters way.

WheatfieldWarrior
On 22/09/2020 at 08:22, GinRummy said:

I'll guess 5 goals this season. Mostly from the bench.

Brave of you to inadvertently predict an injury-free run for Naismith and Boyce. :)

12 hours ago, Barack said:

Well said 👍.  

11 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Good post.

8 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Brave of you to inadvertently predict an injury-free run for Naismith and Boyce. :)

Never thought of that. Was a typo anyway, I meant 25, looks like I’m on target so far 😀

NaturalOrder74

Hopefully toughen the team up a bit after having to fight for that tonight, got to be on the starting 11 next week he’s hungry for it 

On 15/10/2020 at 07:51, Barack said:

Good post. Even better after tonight 

18 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Well done to him tonight, he got us out of jail with a great finish.

Well done to the boy - now Boyce needs to get the finger out.

A_A wehatethehibs

Rafael Van Der Wighton is a minimum £40m player. What he needs to do is forget striking the ball and just go for the cultured chip or dink, every time.