Craig Wighton Goal Machine!

Danguar

Gorgie Boot boy
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He seemed to do well enough in the English Championship so there’s surely a player there somewhere. 

Damour has played around 20 games for us and is an enigma or a word like that. If he plays to his potential in the hole, maybe he finds his true place as the gum. I haven't looked at the squad yet as it is going to be weeded and bulked out.

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

4 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

My brother watched him at Arbroath and he rekons he took a good kicking and bulked up during lockdown, also that Craig is on it big time is finding a lot of space. We need to see more of him, check out how close his is to markers and the way he stands his ground. I am going to go with my brother on this he rated Rudi when he was a kid.

Loving this guy - that is a quality line, whichever way you choose to interpret it!😆

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

The whole were soft think has been said about us under Ann Budge. I think the board are but we are far from encouraging. That's one thing we aren't. We are certainly loyal though

Too many fans and not enough supporters.

4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

So he was sacked as manager while I said left as manager.  Semantics.  Shall I try again to satisfy your pedantic traits.  He ceased to be the manager - OK?

The only bad smell comes from you with the crap every time you hit the keyboard.

Do us all a favour.   Try to put the past behind you.  We are where we are and can't change the past but you can shape the future.  Get behind the manager, the team and the club.  That's what a real SUPPORTER does - supports, not continual, incessant carping.

No you said he left the club 8 months ago. Suggest you get your facts right next time, or all you have left is your incessant pompous, sarcastic personal insults which frankly I find amusing. 🤗

33 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No you said he left the club 8 months ago. Suggest you get your facts right next time, or all you have left is your incessant pompous, sarcastic personal insults which frankly I find amusing. 🤗

Try to put the past behind you.  We are where we are and can't change the past but you can shape the future.  Get behind the manager, the team and the club.  That's what a real SUPPORTER does - supports, not continual, incessant carping.

Gorgie Boot boy
3 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Loving this guy - that is a quality line, whichever way you choose to interpret it!😆

What way other way can it be interpretated, i am curious to know why everything . My Brother saw Rudi play as a kid a child aged 9. my Brother is 52.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Try to put the past behind you.  We are where we are and can't change the past but you can shape the future.  Get behind the manager, the team and the club.  That's what a real SUPPORTER does - supports, not continual, incessant carping.

Carp of Midlothian. ❤️

4 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

What way other way can it be interpretated, i am curious to know why everything . My Brother saw Rudi play as a kid a child aged 9. my Brother is 52.

My brother saw Rudi playing when he was a kid.......'he' could be mean your brother or Rudi.  Think it's just a light hearted point though.......but the age obviously removes the ambiguity! 

Edited by Gmcjambo

7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

No - a real SUPPORTER is a ST holder for over 40 years, a shareholder, a FoH contributor, assisted in the development of the new stand, sponsors matches, vocally supports EVERY Hearts player at games....

Sharing an opinion on a fans forum in the grand scheme of things means FA!

26 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No - a real SUPPORTER is a ST holder for over 40 years, a shareholder, a FoH contributor, assisted in the development of the new stand, sponsors matches, vocally supports EVERY Hearts player at games....

Who are you describing?

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You certainly are.  It never stops.  The same old guff, time after time.

Pot...kettle....black....

52 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So somone is not a “ real “ supporter if they haven’t done what you just listed 😂 no fan is above any other 

anyway. Craig Wighton - I'm hoping for a Clare like turnaround in his fortunes. New manager, new playing style, more goal scoring opportunities and much poorer opposition.....it's now or never for Wighton - good luck to the lad.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Nailed it, how he gets away with this on almost every thread he posts on, is unreal. 

7 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Could be read as your brother was the child when he saw Rudi play.

11 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

a regime a significant minority are sick to the back teeth of yet still 150k gbp flows into the coffers from these em fans

the year we were relegated with Locke in charge pretty much any opposition goal immediately sparked a rendition of the hearts song - even the last minute Ross county disaster

relegated team and manager get a standing ovation and lap of honour for their efforts on the last day through in Paisley

totally understand why you would be unaware of this sort of stuff 

:)

Context is everything but then, in keeping with your petty jibe in your last piece of piggin English, you probably think context is a mobile message from an inmate of HMP.

I was talking about Kickback in response to some of the cnegative crap that's started again on here.

Threats to stop contributing because of the Zamal "scandal" etc. plus the other doomsayers usual "you're all going to die one day" prophetic brilliance.

So, before you go making stupid statements like that, stop and think.  

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I'm sure a relatively young player like Wighton, if he reads this thread, will be very appreciative of your unflinching support.

Keep up the good work.

5 hours ago, Robdawg said:

So somone is not a “ real “ supporter if they haven’t done what you just listed 😂 no fan is above any other 

No and I didn’t say I was! My point was I do not need lectured on a fans forum on what it means to be a “real” supporter.

Edited by Thomaso

4 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Nailed it, how he gets away with this on almost every thread he posts on, is unreal. 

Indeed

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I'm sure a relatively young player like Wighton, if he reads this thread, will be very appreciative of your unflinching support.

Keep up the good work.

Wighton won’t give a FF for my opinion - not yours either for that matter.

Edited by Thomaso

47 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No and I didn’t say I was! My point was I do not need lectured on a fans forum on what it means to be a “real” supporter.

Neither do we 😂

Gorgie Boot boy
10 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

My brother saw Rudi playing when he was a kid.......'he' could be mean your brother or Rudi.  Think it's just a light hearted point though.......but the age obviously removes the ambiguity! 

Thank you for the reply 

Gorgie Boot boy
7 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Could be read as your brother was the child when he saw Rudi play.

Ah i see, i think my Brother was 18 or something and was living in a place called Náchod 

3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Wighton won’t give a FF for my opinion - not yours either for that matter.

To be fair it’s not just Wighton. Maybe time you and Al to turn it in. Tiresome doesn’t even cover it. 

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

To be fair it’s not just Wighton. Maybe time you and Al to turn it in. Tiresome doesn’t even cover it. 

Agreed but that’s not all down to me unfortunately.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
11 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Context is everything but then, in keeping with your petty jibe in your last piece of piggin English, you probably think context is a mobile message from an inmate of HMP.

I was talking about Kickback in response to some of the cnegative crap that's started again on here.

Threats to stop contributing because of the Zamal "scandal" etc. plus the other doomsayers usual "you're all going to die one day" prophetic brilliance.

So, before you go making stupid statements like that, stop and think.  

i genuinely don’t understand what most/all of your post means

I don’t spend all day on here and have no idea what the “die” reference is

as you say context is everything - the post you replied to and I replied to indirectly was inferring that we did well in the championship because the fans weren’t on the players backs- that sounded to me like real people and real events and real people affecting real events

your reply to this real scenario was too many fans not enough supporters

yet it was actually about jkb

ok :lol:

This is the perfect season to give Wighton a chance.  We're dropping down a league, and apparently that's his level so let's just see what happens.

At the end of the day, he's a Hearts player, and deserves our collective backing.  I'm willing to give him a chance and see what he can do; he's never really had a fair crack of the whip.  Getting played out of position, or up front on his own when that's clearly not his (or really anyone's) strength, and then punted out on loan in one of the worst seasons in recent history is hardly a good judge of him overall.

If he really has taken the chance to bulk up, then all credit to him - he obviously realises what has been lacking.  There also seems to be a general consensus that he's a "confidence player" so giving him both barrels all the time is hardly going to help, especially when he's had about 90 collective minutes as a Hearts player.

That said, if he doesn't perform this year, that's got to be it for his Hearts career.  He needs to put the work in on the pitch, but we need to also back off and let the guy have a shot without slating him before he's really had a decent chance.

Bazzas right boot
On 11/09/2020 at 14:24, Cruyff said:

I don't know why everyone is so against the boy. How about giving him a chance and supporting him? 

He was hardly the only one that has been dugshit. Every single player that played last season were utter keek. 

New manager, clean slate for everyone, surely? 

"giving him a chance and supporting him".... 

"new manager, clean slate" 

tumblr_a615f471c9e4525c0973daaba4dc0a15_7c46f206_400.gif

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

"giving him a chance and supporting him".... 

"new manager, clean slate" 

tumblr_a615f471c9e4525c0973daaba4dc0a15_7c46f206_400.gif

He should be given a chance. Defo. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Cruyff said:

He should be given a chance. Defo. 

Never catch on that or supporting him. 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

I reckon he'll score half a dozen this season. 

Thing is Chrissy nicked a goal of him last night, Craig was ready to toe it in. Chrissy showed him the way. I am seeing a stronger more alert and dangerous player, he defo wants to be on the end of the ball and score. Just needs to inject that desperate worldy, so the fans know he is one with us.

Has any player who has looked as shit as him ever turned it around at Hearts and been a success? 

Would this be the most remarkable transition from disaster to valued player in recent years?

On 15/09/2020 at 23:37, tian447 said:

This is the perfect season to give Wighton a chance.  We're dropping down a league, and apparently that's his level so let's just see what happens.

At the end of the day, he's a Hearts player, and deserves our collective backing.  I'm willing to give him a chance and see what he can do; he's never really had a fair crack of the whip.  Getting played out of position, or up front on his own when that's clearly not his (or really anyone's) strength, and then punted out on loan in one of the worst seasons in recent history is hardly a good judge of him overall.

If he really has taken the chance to bulk up, then all credit to him - he obviously realises what has been lacking.  There also seems to be a general consensus that he's a "confidence player" so giving him both barrels all the time is hardly going to help, especially when he's had about 90 collective minutes as a Hearts player.

That said, if he doesn't perform this year, that's got to be it for his Hearts career.  He needs to put the work in on the pitch, but we need to also back off and let the guy have a shot without slating him before he's really had a decent chance.

Bingo, well said sir 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.    👏🏻

5 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Has any player who has looked as shit as him ever turned it around at Hearts and been a success? 

Would this be the most remarkable transition from disaster to valued player in recent years?

Sean Clare.

24 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

im not sure I would say Sean Clare was  a success. He was less shit but a success is a massive stretch imo. 

Im not sure one player in that team/squad, from

last season, could claim to be a success considering the level of underachievement.

A bit harsh on Hickey who's on the verge of a 7 figure transfer to Serie A.

And you could make an argument that Joel did well enough to earn a move to Hull City.

giphy.webp

6 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Wyness 

Karipidis

Zaliukas
Barr

Many would say:

Hartley

Suso

Some might say:

Nade