Craig Wighton Goal Machine!

Danguar

I wouldn’t want us to line up next season with CW in the starting XI but no reason why he couldn’t be a useful squad player 🤷‍♂️

It’s not like we have anyone else right now anyway. 

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

30 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I wouldn’t want us to line up next season with CW in the starting XI but no reason why he couldn’t be a useful squad player 🤷‍♂️

It’s not like we have anyone else right now anyway. 

But we have plenty of options for making signings in the summer.

If Joe Savage can’t manage to bring in a better player than Wighton to a club our size then he’s a waste of a salary.

Wighton will do for this season but he won’t do for next. It’s as straightforward and simple as that.

4 hours ago, DH1986 said:

But we have plenty of options for making signings in the summer.

If Joe Savage can’t manage to bring in a better player than Wighton to a club our size then he’s a waste of a salary.

Wighton will do for this season but he won’t do for next. It’s as straightforward and simple as that.

Actually it isn't. The lad is doing fine right now. He has up to 20 games left in this season to improve and he is three or four yaers away from being at his peak, so I really don't understand why you can make such sweeping statements. It's not as if there are tons of great striking options out there within our budget.

25 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Actually it isn't. The lad is doing fine right now. He has up to 20 games left in this season to improve and he is three or four yaers away from being at his peak, so I really don't understand why you can make such sweeping statements. It's not as if there are tons of great striking options out there within our budget.

He’s not good enough to have us challenging at the top end of the Premier.

Deal with it and stop being  all soft. Wighton can score against Raith, Arbroath and other teams of that stature but he absolutely cannot do it in top division. He’s proven he can’t so you need to let it and him go.

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Deal with it and stop being  all soft. Wighton can score against Raith, Arbroath and other teams of that stature but he absolutely cannot do it in top division. He’s proven he can’t so you need to let it and him go.

Yet scored against Hibs in a semi 🤷‍♂️ 

I think Wighton is a bit of a late bloomer. The last year he's bulked up and is improving.

Time is running out for him to prove he has earned a new deal at Hearts but I'd rather we did that than sign some other unknown. Wighton won't be costing much...

11 minutes ago, kila said:

Yet scored against Hibs in a semi 🤷‍♂️ 

I think Wighton is a bit of a late bloomer. The last year he's bulked up and is improving.

Time is running out for him to prove he has earned a new deal at Hearts but I'd rather we did that than sign some other unknown. Wighton won't be costing much...

Is that your logic ?

He scored v Hibs so let’s ignore the past two seasons where he couldn’t hit a barn door from 6 yards given the chance.

The lad Higgins at Cove scored against Hibs.....maybe we should sign him ? 

If Neilson thought he was the man for us we’d have extended his deal by now. Instead we’re letting it run into a time where he can leave for free if he wants.

He’s a championship level player and one header v Hibs doesn’t mean he’s the next Robbo.

On 30/12/2020 at 12:34, Gorgie Boot boy said:

You answered your own point in the final sentence mate, he scored a cracker against the vermin,

That in itself shows he can do it against SPL opposition, and why a few sides will be trying to get him for **** all.,

We can do better. 

11 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

We can do better. 

We probably can, and will, but I'd keep him as a squad player. He seems to have improved and perhaps he'll keep on improving.

At the moment we have Boyce and him as strikers. Naismith doesn't seem to play that role, so unless we bring in two new, I'd keep him.

2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

I'm certainly pleased you're not running the club. Nothing to do with being soft. I explained my reasons for thinking it's too early to bin him. After two years of injury and playing up top with shite like MacLean he has found a new lease of life but some people insist on confirming their earlier biases. Brophy is nothing special either and will probably cost nore. We need another striker for next season so we should be looking at someone far more physically imposing than Brophy with Naismith, Boyce and Wighton as our other options.

Gorgie Boot boy
7 hours ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Come back kid indeed! Let's hope he puts a couple pat Dundee 👍

Would be happy for him to get a goal per game, if we can get him into that type of momentum, he loses any defeatist mind set he may of had.

Gorgie Boot boy
48 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

We can do better. 

Let's say this is a new player we signed, would you be happy with him

Maybe it is because it's Craig Shighton,, you are not so excited by his goal ratio so far this season.?

We will bring in better players, just when is the question.

11 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Let's say this is a new player we signed, would you be happy with him

Maybe it is because it's Craig Shighton,, you are not so excited by his goal ratio so far this season.?

We will bring in better players, just when is the question.

No too lightweight. Nice guy though. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

I am still seeing him develop , get stronger more confident.

A player i have been betting to score, on him to score v Dundee.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Too good for the Championship not good enough for Premier. 

I like the idea of him as the impact sub since he is quite a direct player,  not what a defender wants to cope with in the final half hour 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Too good for the Championship not good enough for Premier. 

I like the idea of him as the impact sub since he is quite a direct player,  not what a defender wants to cope with in the final half hour 

Should be perfect when playing the bottom 6 of the Premiership in that case!

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Watching him this season he doesn't come across as lightweight at all to me. He's 6ft and has bulked up to fit that height now. Holds defenders off quite well and has doe that while scoring some of his goals this season, eg his second against Ayr. He's no bulldozer but doesn't look any more lightweight than Naismith, Boyce or Walker to me.

25 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Watching him this season he doesn't come across as lightweight at all to me. He's 6ft and has bulked up to fit that height now. Holds defenders off quite well and has doe that while scoring some of his goals this season, eg his second against Ayr. He's no bulldozer but doesn't look any more lightweight than Naismith, Boyce or Walker to me.

I'm 6ft and he definitely isn't even close to it. If he's bulked up it's only because he was about 9 stone when I met him last. 

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I'm 6ft and he definitely isn't even close to it. If he's bulked up it's only because he was about 9 stone when I met him last. 

Wikipedia and other sources say he is. I'd be worried about our team's overall height if he's not close to 6ft looking at this. Whatever height he is he's not getting bullied by defenders the times I've watched this season.

hampden-park-glasgow-scotland-uk-20th-de

Edited by ToqueJambo

ScandinavianJambo
19 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Would be happy for him to get a goal per game, if we can get him into that type of momentum, he loses any defeatist mind set he may of had.

100%!

What is it going to take to get rid of this *****. He is ****ing diabolical. His first half 'display' is as bad as I have ever seen from a Hearts player.

We better not renew this ***** contract.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/01/2021 at 01:14, i8hibsh said:

What is it going to take to get rid of this *****. He is ****ing diabolical. His first half 'display' is as bad as I have ever seen from a Hearts player.

We better not renew this ***** contract.

I'd go for the jumble sales mate.  and who the f?ck is we?

He must be one of worst strikers I have seen at Tynecastle just charges about the pitch with nothing to show for it wouldn’t give him a game for kelty hearts never mind hearts come on Robbie get him to “””””