• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• Takeshi kovac

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Kingsley centre half beside Haring

Think you are right. Surprised he hasn’t stuck with 4-2-3-1. I’d like to have seen a consistent approach. Get used to playing in a particular way. 

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

No one at the club..... owner.....board......manager .....coaching staff.....players .....has the least interest in ‘punishing’ any club

That’s purely a fan thing

Well maybe they should want them punished exactly like the fans do. 

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

One of only 3 trophies up for grabs this season and we aren't bothered?

I hope it goes well tonight as, if it doesn't , the manager has just heaped pressure onto himself.

How has he put pressure on himself 😂? We play Dundee in 3 days 😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We've played a lot of games. And their comes a point where rest is good.

Neilson did the same in 2014 when he played an even more 'reserve' team in Challenge Cup defeat at Livingston.

Which we followed by thrashing Raith Rovers 4-1 to go top of the league. 

We have played two games and a bunch of kickabouts on the back pitches. 

actually looking forward to seeing how these lads do, reckon the young ones will put more effort in this game than the senior players would. Glad to see Moore get a shot as it was looking like he was out of consideration for a while

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

How has he put pressure on himself 😂? We play Dundee in 3 days 😂😂😂

He's not put any pressure on -  if we win.

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

No one at the club..... owner.....board......manager .....coaching staff.....players .....has the least interest in ‘punishing’ any club

That’s purely a fan thing

Spot on. Bridges will be built with Raith tonight 🤮

Edited by Nookie Bear

That line up is a piss take.

Imagine we lose and have to win at New Bayview, where we always seem to struggle, to qualify? 🤣

Oh Robbie, I hope you know what you're doing...

5 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Expected changes... did not expect that though! Cannot tell me you expected that line up?

Not quite that eleven but I expected changes. I'd have either Halkett or Popescu. 

It would be daft to play full team for 4 games in 10 days after 6 months off. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

How do people really not get that we're treating these games as effectively competitive pre-season games considering the truncated pre-season we had and the truncated season we're facing? 

Folk are thick. 

Same every year. 

We play on Friday as well. 

Imagine the meltdown If we played a stronger team and then someone got injured. Imagine the slavers about the league being important and blah blah. 

Saving the skelping for Dundee. 

Wtf is that team?!

I had most of them for the cowdenbeath lineup.  I am missing something.......

Changeing my score to 1-1.

Edited by HMFC01

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Imagine we lose and have to win at New Bayview, where we always seem to struggle, to qualify? 🤣

Imagine we lose on Friday ?

Felix Lighter
8 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

That's a weird line up, anyone guess how we line up! :cornette:

ehhhh, weirdly.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We have played two games and a bunch of kickabouts on the back pitches. 

It will be 4 games in ten days after no comperitive games in over half a year. 

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

How do people really not get that we're treating these games as effectively competitive pre-season games considering the truncated pre-season we had and the truncated season we're facing? 

I thought he might have picked a team roughly inline with the staring line up on Friday , especially the back 4 , for a bit of continuity. 

Then make changes after an hour or so . 

He has obviously made up his mind re the starting line up for Friday and has picked this team according. 

Strange consideing how poor the last 3 games have been performance wise . I thought he'd still be searching for his best 11 tbh . 

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Imagine we lose on Friday ?

Fridays more important for me. Fek Dundee and Fek them again. It’s all about promotion. Could really care less about cups

Edited by 1971fozzy

thehibsareintheirbeds

Brave to play virtually a whole new team- big ask of haring and Kingsley at the back and surprised he didn't start gordon for a bit of experience and leadership.  Great chance to stake a claim fir others as not like first team flying yet

It's a team selection totally out of left field, but hopefully works two fold.

Firstly - it allows the considered "starting 11" some rest time prior to our league campaign starting, and Secondly - after a good performance from this selection it gives the first choice players some incentive to play well or they know they can be replaced. 

Think we will struggle (happy to be proved wrong) and a draw will be considered a good result.

3 minutes ago, cruzabic said:

Worst team line up I've ever seen in my time of supporting hearts 

Ffs give them a chance. We’ve got Haring, one of our best players. Kingsley, a new signing who probably needs the minutes as does Frear. The keeper hasn’t been tested yet. We’ve won our first two games in this tournament. Let these guys show robbie what they’re all about and then judge them. 

edit: and trust me I’ll be judging come 90 minutes 😀

Edited by GinRummy

4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Hardly a piss take being sensible I would say.

You genuinely get the feeling that some folk are champing at the bit to get torn into Neilson at the earliest opportunity

Bizarre given what we've been dished up since he left last time

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I thought he might have picked a team roughly inline with the staring line up on Friday , especially the back 4 , for a bit of continuity. 

Then make changes after an hour or so . 

He has obviously made up his mind re the starting line up for Friday and has picked this team according. 

Strange consideing how poor the last 3 games have been performance wise . I thought he'd still be searching for his best 11 tbh . 

It's all about Dundee and the semi right now. We could play our first team and Raith would do what Cowden did and just sit back. We'd learn nothing. Dundee and Hibs are likely to be more open games. I'm sure he knows his starting team with maybe some questions around if Haring is good to go yet and the LB and RB positions. I'd guess:

Gordon

?? Halkett Popescue ??

Irving Lee/Haring

Ginnelly Walker Frear

Boyce

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, cruzabic said:

Worst team line up I've ever seen in my time of supporting hearts 

You obviously weren't around in the late 70s early 80s. Trust me as much as I'm not impressed with that line up I've seen a hell of a lot worse. 

18 minutes ago, iainmac said:

One of only 3 trophies up for grabs this season and we aren't bothered?

I hope it goes well tonight as, if it doesn't , the manager has just heaped pressure onto himself.

4 trophies, we can win Scottish Cup twice in one season.

Just now, Gambo said:

4 trophies, we can win Scottish Cup twice in one season.

Aye, I covered that with "this season" - that's "last season" even although it will be played "this season".

You get my drift!

Why is he resting players! Surely he should be picking full strength team getting the players ready for the season. Season hasn’t even started players do not need rested! 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Jambo61 said:

Just seen the team............thank f I am not paying to watch that...........wait a minute, I am!

Why wouldn't you want to watch some future prospects, a couple of new players and Haring starting for the first time in forever?

9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Is Naismith injured again?

Either that or not fully recovered from the last one. Only way to get him 100% fit is to tell him the national team might need him.

1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

You obviously weren't around in the late 70s early 80s. Trust me as much as I'm not impressed with that line up I've seen a hell of a lot worse. 

I was around earlier than that and trust me they were not very good but at least they tried and worked hard!

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

A second string, we play on Friday as well. 

Some people are obviously forgetting that these "glorified pre-season friendlies" cost Cathro his job.

Just now, Jambo61 said:

I was around earlier than that and trust me they were not very good but at least they tried and worked hard!

You reckon the laddies won't try hard tonight?