***Official Heart of Midlothian vs No Shame Rovers match thread***

neilnunb

No games for 7 months then 2 per week. Fantastic - just like the old days! Beer on a school night - even better. All we need now is to trash the scummy team to make it a night to remember. I’ll take 1-0 to us though 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• Takeshi kovac

I am Looking forward to this one tonight! off work until next Wednesday Beers in fridge, mrs out the living room tonight . Going for a 2,0 Halkett and Gino to score.

I think Jamie Mac plays for Raith will be in goals tonight . 

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Tynie is a smaller park as we know. We need to use as much of it as possible and stretch teams. 

We did it quite well in the first half v ICT and it was good to see. But I certainly agree with you we need more punch through the middle. Guys like Lee and Irving need to get around that 18 yard box more. 

Yeah thats fair, the games so far this season we have put alot of balls into the box which is encouraging but with literally 1 or 2 maroon jerseys in there. 

Hopefully we will see a change tonight! 

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I’ll go for a 2-0 victory with a slightly improved performance.

I'd settle for that. The performance is a biggie for me,we must improve. Halliday starting would help.

Hope that their directors are given the cold shoulder when they appear for hospitality tonight. They deserve nothing less.

14 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Come on guys, slacking here!

Anyway, the players better be under no illusions that these arseholes from Kirkcaldy need utterly skelped!!!

Just like we skelped Cowdenbeath!!!

We really need to get the finger out and get stuck into this mob and give them a doing.

Comfortable win and a more emphatic performance. Third competitive fixture against one of the clubs who tried to stick the knife in the deepest. The manager and players need to realise what beating the clubs who did this to us means. If we don’t step it up a gear tonight, I’ll be a bit worried that the staff at the club are out of touch with the feelings of the support.

Edited by Beast Boy

I just hope the Hearts players fully understand the fans feeling towards this lot. Get them well and truly pumped and make sure every goal is celebrated in front of their board like it's the winner in a cup final. 

Apparently Halkett should be considered for a Scotland call up!

I get the building confidence angle etc but this guy was a complete failure in an awful defence last season that got us relegated. He’s not played a single decent team yet since Neilson came in. 

I get the building confidence angle but Neilson should have said he’s been impressed by Halkett so far but must prove himself over time and against good opposition. 

Maybe he was misquoted but place this in the we are far too soft, far too nice leading to failure file. 

And yes I know Considine was just capped for Scotland which is unbefrickinlievable. 

Edited by hearts00

17 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Hope that their directors are given the cold shoulder when they appear for hospitality tonight. They deserve nothing less.

Would that even be allowed?

12 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

I get the building confidence angle etc but this guy was a complete failure in an awful defence last season that got us relegated. He’s not played a single decent team yet since Neilson came in. 

I get the building confidence angle but Neilson should have said he’s been impressed by Halkett so far but must prove himself over time and against good opposition. 

Maybe he was misquoted but place this in the we are far too soft, far too nice leading to failure file. 

And yes I know Considine was just capped for Scotland which is unbefrickinlievable. 

I think his form before coming to Hearts will count for something too.

3 hours ago, Shanks said:

Hope we **** them. Utter scum football club.

A former manager of mine was a Raith supporter. I think his father was a director or something. Still didn't stop him from being a total bellend. 

24 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Hanlon has just been called up , blows your post right out the water 😂

Gordon Ramsay
27 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Getting called up for Scotland isn't a marker of quality anymore. Porteous and Considine prove it. 

As for Halkett, very good in the opposition box. Clearly very strong too but defensively suspect. Still relatively young though so time to improve. 

Kidd’s Boots

We need to come out of the blocks tonight, regardless. If we have  Halliday and Lee in the middle there's more than enough there to give the support that's been missing, especially on Saturday to get on to 2nd balls quicker. The quicker we score goals, the quicker the game will open up, and we can see how well we can exploit space through the pace we have now. I'll be happy with any result, so long as we're on the front foot from the off. 

manaliveits105
12 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Hanlon has just been called up , blows your post right out the water 😂

exactly Porky Hanlon and Banjo 2 - Clarke making an absolute mockery of international caps

The Treasurer
53 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I doubt that they could have hospitality under current regulations.

kingantti1874

I’d go 3-4-1-2.. it’s a shame Irving not available.. I think Henderson deserves a chance before wighton..  we will look a lot stronger when we have Irving, Smith, Kingsley, Haring, Boyce available. With Berra and Souttar hopefully to follow at some point in the season.

Gordon

Halkett       Popescu        White

Ginelly          Lee        Halliday         Roberts

Walker

Naismith           Henderson 

oh and I’d tell Naismith to stay out of that number 10 position..

Edited by kingantti1874

CornhillHearts

Proud Dad alert⚠️

Aaron (footballmania HD) was given an opportunity to write a piece for tonight's programme and I have to say I think he's done a great job. Faither had a wee tear in his eye reading it. 

Electronic version of the programme available to view (free) below. Not sure there's any hard copies left I may have bought a few. 

Thanks to a certain commentator for the opportunity. 

Regards, 

Faither

https://issuu.com/heartofmidlothianfootballclub/docs/raith_rovers__online_/1?ff

10 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Getting called up for Scotland isn't a marker of quality anymore. Porteous and Considine prove it. 

As for Halkett, very good in the opposition box. Clearly very strong too but defensively suspect. Still relatively young though so time to improve. 

Agreed. And I mentioned Considine as proof of that. But seriously this is all pretty hard to take, going online and faced with an article about Halkett for Scotland and Jamie Walker being “visceral” in the no. 10 role.  

These players have so much to prove it is scary and should still be thoroughly embarrassed at being part of the worst Hearts team in my lifetime. Sick of the chat and want action. 

Samuel Camazzola
41 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

TBF, Considine did well and his experience was valued. 

The biggest joke was Stevenson being given a cap as a gesture. Hanlon, McGinn, Taylor and Porteous should be nowhere near the current set up. 

I assume Bardsley and Cairney have asked to not be selected as no way they could be overlooked. I also suspect Henderson has not been up to much in Italy or scouts can't be arsed going out to see if he'd be of any value?

Not saying this because we are Hearts fans and they are Hibs players. 

But jesus ****ing wept. The standard of these call ups is embarrassing. 

Gordon Ramsay
5 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Agreed. And I mentioned Considine as proof of that. But seriously this is all pretty hard to take, going online and faced with an article about Halkett for Scotland and Jamie Walker being “visceral” in the no. 10 role.  

These players have so much to prove it is scary and should still be thoroughly embarrassed at being part of the worst Hearts team in my lifetime. Sick of the chat and want action. 

Definitely agree there. We don't just need wins, we need performances. We need a sign of intent from kick off. Put these teams on the back foot and get an early goal. Saturday was painful and last week wasn't much better. Hoping for a lot more tonight. 

8 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

Proud Dad alert⚠️

Aaron (footballmania HD) was given an opportunity to write a piece for tonight's programme and I have to say I think he's done a great job. Faither had a wee tear in his eye reading it. 

Electronic version of the programme available to view (free) below. Not sure there's any hard copies left I may have bought a few. 

Regards, 

Faither

Well done Aaron. Hoping my copy comes in the post today. 

46 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Robbie said that since Scotland have reverted to a back three this would suit Halkett and allow him to venture forward.

If you recall this is why he did so well at Livingston, playing in a three.

The guy was a striker when younger and has scored a few decent goals for us.

He was playing mainly in a back four beside Berra who was a liability after his return from injury.

Robbie obviously rates him as he is our Captain so we will see how this season goes for him.

18 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

Proud Dad alert⚠️

Regards, 

Faither

very good piece - well written - you can both be proud.

tartofmidlothian
11 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Don't know much about them. I rated the boy Lewis Vaughan a couple years back but he's a bit injury prone.

Weren't we interested in him a few years back?

tartofmidlothian
6 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Win it, control it, 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 - then if the oppositions arse collapses it’d be pleasing for the fans. But get the game won that is what matters here. 

It’s about building that weekly 3 points machine we had in 2014, controlling games, easing teams out, on to the next win. Before we knew if, the season had not long started and those 1-0 2-0 2-1 wins had built up, we were 10 points clear. These LC games are the build up to that. Once you have that winning habit then you can let the horses out and steamroll a few teams. Must say it would be nice to see that against Raith.

But 11 Raith players will be out there working hard for their club as ICT and Cowdenbeath both did. So get the job done again Hearts that’s what matters at this stage in the season. 

Good, realistic post.

I'm going for 2-0, any two of Wighton, Walker or Halkett.

4 hours ago, HillmanHearts said:

Assuming Boyce, Smith & Irving still missing on international duty.

( which so far has meant no game time / match fitness for Smith & very limited for Boyce )

Would like to see our new left back get a decent run and some more game time for Halliday.

Wighton to start as Naisey had a “tight back”.

2 nil Jambos : Halkett & Walker.

That Naismith out for 6 months already???

51 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

Proud Dad alert⚠️

Regards, 

Faither

Great article from Aaron, as I mentioned on Twitter he did all the work and it was really well put together. I just had the easy job of passing the content to the relevant person at Tynecastle 😀

1 hour ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

We need to come out of the blocks tonight, regardless. If we have  Halliday and Lee in the middle there's more than enough there to give the support that's been missing, especially on Saturday to get on to 2nd balls quicker. The quicker we score goals, the quicker the game will open up, and we can see how well we can exploit space through the pace we have now. I'll be happy with any result, so long as we're on the front foot from the off. 

Hasn't worked so far. 

Byyy The Light

Both games so far we've had a chance in first few minutes and not taken it. Particularly Walker against Inverness in the about 90 seconds. Take one of these and the games change as their game plan is out the window.

Get at them early and take our chances and we'll win comfortably. 3-0 Hearts.

1 hour ago, CornhillHearts said:

Proud Dad alert⚠️

Regards, 

Faither

Brilliant from the young lad.

Wish him all the best in the future in whatever he decides to do.

Done a good job there mate 👍👍👍👍

14 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Why are we hating a small community club for again?

Anyway I think we actually win by more than 1 clear tomorrow. 

3-0 hearts.

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Is this on PPV? 

Hearts International for those with a VPN, but no PPV as its being covered by Premier Sports.

Toxteth O'Grady

Proud Dad alert⚠️

Regards, 

Faither

I enjoyed reading that. I’d be proud too

maroonlegions
2 hours ago, Deevers said:

They dont deserve hospitality. 

Proud Dad alert⚠️

Regards, 

Faither

When I clicked the link, I was expecting him to have been given a paragraph, or possibly a column down half a page - instead, I see he's been given 4 whole pages, more or less bang in the centre of the programme! 

Well written, and what a fantastic experience for him.  Top stuff  :thumbsup: 

3 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I am Looking forward to this one tonight! off work until next Wednesday Beers in fridge, mrs out the living room tonight . Going for a 2,0 Halkett and Gino to score.

I think Jamie Mac plays for Raith will be in goals tonight . 

No doubt he’ll play a blinder and save a penalty! 🙈