• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• Takeshi kovac

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

It's all about Dundee and the semi right now. We could play our first team and Raith would do what Cowden did and just sit back. We'd learn nothing. Dundee and Hibs are likely to be more open games. I'm sure he knows his starting team with maybe some questions around if Haring is good to go yet and the LB and RB positions.

Yeah I've no probs with Robbies team selection , he knows much more  about the players and the fitness situation than me . 

Only slight concern is that a defeat will put him and the team on the back foot going into the start of the season . 

Hopefully a win and it's been a solid start before the league campaign starts . . 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Why wouldn't you want to watch some future prospects, a couple of new players and Haring starting for the first time in forever?

We can discuss after the match, but right now that is a reserve reserve team just 2 1/2 weeks before we take on the scum from another town!

15 minutes ago, iainmac said:

One of only 3 trophies up for grabs this season and we aren't bothered?

I hope it goes well tonight as, if it doesn't , the manager has just heaped pressure onto himself.

Bill-Murray-SNL-Laugh.gif?fit=442,320&qu

I’ve been waiting for the line up as Hearts were 1/2.....was ready to go big but not after seeing that line up...still go for -1 Hearts 

The Apprentice
1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

Why is he resting players! Surely he should be picking full strength team getting the players ready for the season. Season hasn’t even started players do not need rested! 

But other players need minutes under their belts and this is a great chance to get it.

Clearly a lot of what will be fringe players playing but this is their chance to stake a claim for a jersey. Saturday was pretty poor after all with our so-called stronger players playing.

Bazzas right boot

Robbie is definitely his own man. 

We do need to win tonight, he's obviously confident in some of the young guys or maybe not impressed with the older lot and giving everyone a message. 

Part of me also thinks he does this just to wind certain sections of our support up. 😂

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

You reckon the laddies won't try hard tonight?

Nah, reference to recent seasons when many looked uninterested but were 'good enough' for top 4!

8 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Not quite that eleven but I expected changes. I'd have either Halkett or Popescu. 

It would be daft to play full team for 4 games in 10 days after 6 months off. 

Yes it would be but got quite a shock when I seen that team. My main concern is no Gordon in goals, the rest I can live with. Over the initial shock now and hopeful that the youngsters do well and scud these title thieving *****

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Some people are obviously forgetting that these "glorified pre-season friendlies" cost Cathro his job.

The writing was already on the wall for Cathro. Peterhead and Dunfermline just put the final nail in the coffin. And that was defeats with full strength sides after a full pre season.  You'd hope Neilson would get more time, but you have to wonder on here sometimes...

2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Some people are obviously forgetting that these "glorified pre-season friendlies" cost Cathro his job.

To be fair, Cathro's peg was shoogly long before that game.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

We can discuss after the match, but right now that is a reserve reserve team just 2 1/2 weeks before we take on the scum from another town!

It's a second string XI in a LC game (not even a knockout LC game) before a much more important game. It's a very common thing.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, iainmac said:

He never qualified from the group and was in a decline before that. 

We aren't beat or out yet either- calm yerself down to a stutter! 

Folk need to climb off the walls on this, it's funny tho. 

It's a second string XI in a LC game (not even a knockout LC game) before a much more important game. It's a very common thing.

At the expense of much needed game time for the players we need against Dundee and Hibs to make a good start to the league and reach a cup final?

Guest ToqueJambo
20 minutes ago, iainmac said:

One of only 3 trophies up for grabs this season and we aren't bothered?

I hope it goes well tonight as, if it doesn't , the manager has just heaped pressure onto himself.

Like Burley in 2005? Or Neilson in 2014 for that matter? Priorities man!

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Robbie is definitely his own man. 

We do need to win tonight, he's obviously confident in some of the young guys or maybe not impressed with the older lot and giving everyone a message. 

Part of me also thinks he does this just to wind certain sections of our support up. 😂

Tbh, he probably wants to work out if any of the fringe guys are worthy of a place on Friday. I’d imagine, after the first two game’s he wants to look at all his options.  

Edited by GinRummy

kingantti1874

Tell me people aren’t losing their shit at us playing what is clearly a second string side.. 

Great to see Haring and Kingsley getting some minutes.. 2 massive players for us 

So Bet365 clearly don’t have the line ups! Boyce is 3/1 to score first and Wighton is 9/2.

considering Hearts are favourites (despite what everyone says) getting 9/2 on the favourites main striker to score first is value (not guaranteed but value)

he is also 6/4 to score anytime ...8/1 to score twice and 40/1 for a Hat trick 

i ll be going for 1,2 and 3 goals as you will profit of he scores once

hearts at 1/2 is not worth it but even money for -1 is good for me.

i ll also watch it so will put myself through the pain of watching and potentially needing Craig to score 😂

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Jumper said:

At the expense of much needed game time for the players we need against Dundee and Hibs to make a good start to the league and reach a cup final?

Fringe players need game time too. At this stage perhaps rest after Saturday is what some need to be fresh for Friday? 

ToadKiller Dog

Not a massive fan of chopping and changing , but do see the reasoning ,points in the bag already and big game Friday. 

Still would like see us destroy Raith ,hopefully this 11 will put on a show ,happy to see Haring starting .

And yet the negativity of recent years plus some not particularly enamoured at Robbies return/ approach allow for a low key approach to the season when in fact a full blown humping of every team we meet is what most want to see! Totally wrong approach to my mind! 

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This

8 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

I was around earlier than that and trust me they were not very good but at least they tried and worked hard!

The Archie Whites and the Bobby Mcveys ect of that era still haunt me. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Jumper said:

So you want the same players to play 4 times in 9 days? 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think it's pretty exciting.  Huge opportunity for them.  They just have to remember that this oponent is one of the reasons we are in the championship and approach them with controlled contempt.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Jambo61 said:

And yet the negativity of recent years plus some not particularly enamoured at Robbies return/ approach allow for a low key approach to the season when in fact a full blown humping of every team we meet is what most want to see! Totally wrong approach to my mind! 

So you think Walker, Boyce, Naismith and others can play Saturday/Sunday-Tuesday-Friday at this stage of the season? Why risk niggles and knocks to important players before such a crucial game?

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Tbh, he probably wants to work out if any of the fringe guys are worthy of a place on Friday. I’d imagine, after the first two game’s he wants to look at all his options.  

Yeah, I would have maybe started with  Gordon Popescu, Irving and Naismith, a backbone of sorts but he ho.

I also get the feeling the lc is just a covid incident waiting to happen. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Fringe players need game time too. At this stage perhaps rest after Saturday is what some need to be fresh for Friday? 

Fair enough. I still think it's more important to get those who will play in those two matches more "real game"  time into their legs. Time will tell I guess.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Jumper said:

Fair enough. I still think it's more important to get those who will play in those two matches more "real game"  time into their legs. Time will tell I guess.

Definitely, but probably not 3 games in 7 days. That's a tough ask even during a season when everyone is up to speed.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I think it's pretty exciting.  Huge opportunity for them.  They just have to remember that this oponent is one of the reasons we are in the championship and approach them with controlled contempt.

Yip, gives the young guys motivation and confidence. 

Let's see how the do. 

3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Sorry, the club has moved on from that, even if we haven’t. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

So you think Walker, Boyce, Naismith and others can play Saturday/Sunday-Tuesday-Friday at this stage of the season? Why risk niggles and knocks to important players before such a crucial game?

I think you need to build a head of steam and quickly. We don't even have a decent goalscorer in mind right now!

Agree some changes to give game time, to guys that are going to be in games!

If this goes tits up what chances Robbie gets an easy ride, stupid risk!

4 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

The Archie Whites and the Bobby Mcveys ect of that era still haunt me. 

I remember Archie White (shudder) but who is Bobby McVey?

Are you thinking of Willie McVie?

Same roasters moaning would be the ones complaining about picking up injuries if we overplayed the first teamers in every game. This thread is hilarious. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Link to stream though not started yet. Last week just came in a few minutes before kick off.

http://www.hesgoal.com/news/69718/Heart_of_Midlothian_vs_Raith_Rovers.html

Great stream as well last week, watched it on the train. 

Doing it again tonight, much appreciated. Thanks 

I meant to post last week but, eh never. 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

5 subs gives us more leeway to change it if needed. 

Good point. 

It is a fairly strong bench tbf. 

Bazzas right boot

I'm sure some of the posters that have moaned about giving the yoooof a chance and slating the players on Saturday are on here losing their minds at the team sheet.