• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smoked-Glass

• Mikey1874

• Gizmo

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good goal and a nice positive start. McGinn has become a really good player. I didn't see it at Hibs (even trying to remove the maroon specs), or when he first got to Villa but I certainly do now.

Think we've had Gordon, McGregor or Marshall as keeper options for about 15 years now, about the only position we've not had to worry about 

God knows who we're going to have to pick from once they've all hung their gloves

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Our defence is poor and O’Donnell is the worst of a bad bunch.

Our defence hasn't lost a goal for a whole.. Defence has been good before this game.  Currently still intact as I type. 🥵

Edited by Smoked-Glass

Just now, Smoked-Glass said:

Our defence hasn't lost a goal for a whole.. Defence has been good before this game.  Currently still intact as I type. 🥵

We might not have conceded many recently but its still been poor , teams create a fair bit against us. 

The one thing is we actually look a more attacking threat tonight after many games of typical Clarke style football. 

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Harry McGuire red card for England 🤣🤣🤣 

He never looked great but that lad has absolutely chucked it since the Greece debacle :rofl:

Just now, sadj said:

We might not have conceded many recently but its still been poor , teams create a fair bit against us. 

The one thing is we actually look a more attacking threat tonight after many games of typical Clarke style football. 

Perfect balance.  Clean sheets and attacking.   

The thumb will help our attacking options, plus free kicks. 

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Harry McGuire red card for England 🤣🤣🤣 

I flicked over for a replay and saw the Danish pen. What was the red for?

Just now, Smoked-Glass said:

Perfect balance.  Clean sheets and attacking.   

The thumb will help our attacking options, plus free kicks. 

Perfect balance? Attacking? What Scotland games have you been watching? We have been poor under Clarke but got away with it. 

Even tonight we have created a few chances and we look better going forward but a bombscare at the back. Czech had a header in the box earlier where Gallagher got caught about 20ft under the ball. 

The thumb 🤨 Seriously!! I just said we loom better tonight going forward. Dykes , Fraser and McChin are linking well

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, sadj said:

Bringing Fraser in has transformed our attacking. Crazy Fraser has been playing at a very good level in England for several years but only has 12 caps. We have good midfielders and now they finally have someone with pace and movement to pass to, plus Dykes is proving an effective CF. Much better than McBurnie.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Bringing Fraser in has transformed our attacking. Crazy Fraser has been playing at a very good level in England for several years but only has 12 caps. We have good midfielders and now they finally have someone with pace and movement to pass to, plus Dykes is proving an effective CF. Much better than McBurnie.

Was completely bewildered by him being on the bench for the first tie

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Indeed , Never got the love in with McBurnie

Not bad.

We could have had 2 goals really, and we've defended excellently when needed. That said, I don't want to see us sit further in for 45 minutes as they are a better side than their ranking suggests. 

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Ok. So same tackle, Gogic on Walker? 

Ive watched it 4 times and I still see nothing wrong with it. 

We're going to get promoted again at this rate - did we not go from League C to League B earlier this year to set up the play off with Israel? 

And the Serbia game is the (previous) Nations League play off final from League C which warrants a Euro 2021 spot? I can't remember the traditional qualifiers for the Euros happening yet.

I think I've forgotten it all already.

4 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Im definitely seeing it differently 

4 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

I’ve just seen his 1st yellow, that could have been a red with another ref. Same idea, over reaching and taking a player on the ankle. Good centre half’s take a moment and consider if a tackle is needed. He got it wrong on both occasions. 

StirlingJambo
20 minutes ago, sadj said:

You mean the kind of football that got killie of bottom of the table to then finish 3rd?

Counter attacking football is the way forward for Scotland. We’ve not got good enough players to be playing any other way at the moment.

William H. Bonney
4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Im definitely seeing it differently 

Thats fair enough. I think he generally is a liability though. Unbelievable the amount of money he cost. 

Craig Wighton performance from Scotland so far!

Winning but the they missed a sitter and should have had a stone wall penalty lol

We could have scored more though, far better from Scotland, Mon the Stevie Clarke. 

3 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Thats fair enough. I think he generally is a liability though. Unbelievable the amount of money he cost. 

we all see things different 👍 would be boring otherwise. Agree he’s definitely not playing well and needs to sort it out. Should be nowhere near the England squad at this moment . Looks like he’s not in a good place and his forms gone to pot