Euro nations cup

John Findlay

I think the term "inviting them onto us" has become the reason for the  goto formation, since we are top of our group. 

😀

We are going to win this game 2-0.  Long boring counter attacking victory ✌ 

Second thoughts, looks like Slovakia are playing same formation.  0-0  :facepalm:

Edited by HMFC01

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smoked-Glass

• Mikey1874

• Gizmo

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, James1874f said:

So the wonderkid Porteous gets called up to the squad. The bold Andy Considine gets a late call up and starts ahead of Porteous. How shite must he be 

I think it is because hibs didn't play in Europe and Aberdeen nearly took over third in the league.  They will with two games in hand. 

::troll::

Have we had a shot on target in this game yet? 

Zero that I recall v Israel. Mind numbing guff. 

Just now, NaturalOrder74 said:

What’s at stake here are we not already in the play off final for euros ? 

Aye from 'last' season. This is the new 'season' of the Nations League, the thing that replaced friendlies.

13 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

We must be the dullest national side on the planet - utter tedium game after game after game. 

Wouldn't say we were that good.

Edited by JohnB

Slovakia just sitting back and relaxing here.  We couldn’t score in open play if our life depended on it.  

The modern day Scottish footballer looks like he spends more time drawing on himself than practicing shooting.  

Edited by gashauskis9

17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

This makes Hearts v Cowdenbeath seem interesting. 🧐

makes our game look like Brazil v Italy 1982 WC 😂🤣😂

17 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

What’s at stake here are we not already in the play off final for euros ? 

i actually wondered this as well

Gordon Ramsay
19 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Have we had a shot on target in this game yet? 

Zero that I recall v Israel. Mind numbing guff. 

None until header off the post in the last minute of extra time but I don't think that even counts. Not watching tonight but sounds pretty painful again. 

1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

None until header off the post in the last minute of extra time but I don't think that even counts. Not watching tonight but sounds pretty painful again. 

Being pedantic but hitting the post counts as off target

We've got two good players, 2 decent ones, a lot of average ones and some who have no business playing international football. No surprise really we're dreadful to watch. 

Clarke probably doing about as well as could be expected with this pool of players. Being hard to beat is the best we can hope for and he's managing that quite well.

Just now, Taffin said:

We've got two good players, 2 decent ones, a lot of average ones and some who have no business playing international football. No surprise really we're dreadful to watch. 

Clarke probably doing about as well as could be expected with this pool of players. Being hard to beat is the best we can hope for and he's managing that quite well.

Pretty much this.

I'm not going to slag anyone - it is what it is but the idea that Scotland is somehow "in  transition" ( as was discussed pre match tonight) is just laughable. One look at the SPFL tells you all you need to know about the "quality" of the national side. 

We look organised and defensively decent. Players like McGinn and McTominay are doing their best to drive us forward. But as soon as we get near their box the players tend to hesitate rather than risk the incisive pass forward. The moment is lost and the ball goes backwards. So frustrating to watch.. 

Amazing what a good delivery into the box can bring. It's been terrible all night, first good one and it's on a plate for the striker. Fair play, that was an excellent cross 👍

Edited by Taffin

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Remember when folk argued on here dykes wouldn’t be a good signing 😆

He probably wouldn't. He's done nothing until now in this game as nothing has been created for him. He'd be starved of any chances playing for us as he doesn't create them for himself. That's no slight on him btw.

I'm not basing that on watching him much btw, so if normally he creats himself loads of chances then I bow to that knowledge.

Edited by Taffin

As unattractive as we are to watch it’s nice to win/be competitive. We don’t really have the quality of player required for ‘flair’ at international level so playing like this is probably our best chance of qualifying for things. Hell, Greece won a tournament playing like this.