• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smoked-Glass

• Mikey1874

• Gizmo

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our wing backs have done great getting forward and back last two games.   Good fitness to keep it up. 

Another game  to come in a few days too ☺ 

Edited by HMFC01

22 minutes ago, Taffin said:

He probably wouldn't. He's done nothing until now in this game as nothing has been created for him. He'd be starved of any chances playing for us as he doesn't create them for himself. That's no slight on him btw.

I'm not basing that on watching him much btw, so if normally he creats himself loads of chances then I bow to that knowledge.

He’s been our best player for the last 4 matches. That’s not a huge achievement but the laddie has done pretty well given the service he’s had.

That run and peel off for the goal tonight. He does that 10 times a game, makes space for himself in the box constantly but rarely gets picked out

Not good enough for Hearts ? Jesus H

Edited by JimmyCant

Is it just me or is watching me McGinn really frustrating no doubting the boy is a good player but I think he is very lazy does not track runners goes down all the time for next to nothing and he’s never call out on it 

First i have watched Scotland in ages, been alot better than I expected cant work out if Scotland have been good or Slovakia are just gash could be a bit of both i suppose

We've played very well 2nd half. 

McGinns not had his best game but he never hides. Always in the thick of it, always fighting and making himself available. 

kingantti1874
26 minutes ago, Taffin said:

He probably wouldn't. He's done nothing until now in this game as nothing has been created for him. He'd be starved of any chances playing for us as he doesn't create them for himself. That's no slight on him btw.

I'm not basing that on watching him much btw, so if normally he creats himself loads of chances then I bow to that knowledge.

We made a load of chances against ICT ha player like that would have got on the end of.. midfield need movement, strength, hold up play to make chances.

Just now, skinnybob72 said:

We have definitely improved since HT. Still find it hard work to create a clear chance though. 

Some of our football has been quite tidy without being devastating. We’ve been okay tonight. Slovakian second string right enough but we seem to have found a rhythm and a method of playing that suits our limitations.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

A few things annoy me about football

- fans moaning when their team do what they need to do even if it isn’t “sexy” - they get the result needed and will still moan

- with Scotland, Dykes isn’t any better a player than when he joined QPR yet is now starting games since he moved

Pleased with that result. Can see what Clarkes doing now and why he's persisting with this formation. Personally, don't like Callum McGregor, but thought he brought a lot when he came on. I'm really not sure what position he's actually meant to play, like is he an attacking midfielder, defensive? Because it looked like he was playing LM when he came on and was really solid.

An actual striker in Dykes is good. But, looks like Robertson got himself suspended so the czech game just got needlessly harder...

I know hard work is the least you should expect, but you don’t always get it. That team worked tremendously hard tonight.

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’ve just worked out who McBurnie reminds me of...

9AA57A32-5131-467F-845E-8A401D0B2B42.jpeg

😀 Classic 

:lol: I think he's got some of the characteristics as well. 

15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He’s been our best player for the last 4 matches. That’s not a huge achievement but the laddie has done pretty well given the service he’s had.

That run and peel off for the goal tonight. He does that 10 times a game, makes space for himself in the box constantly but rarely gets picked out

Not good enough for Hearts ? Jesus H

I don't recall saying he wasn't good enough for Hearts.

I said he probably wouldn't be good for Hearts. For exactly the reason you state. He'd rarely get picked out playing for us. He'd cut an isolated and frustrated figure imo. He's a good player from the limited amount I've seen of him.

@kingantti1874

I didn't see the ICT game, that's encouraging to hear we created more chances. For the past two years and against Cowdenbeath we've created very, very little for our strikers. To the extent it almost makes me frustrated we have a player like Boyce who I rate really highly as a goalscorer but I doubt he'll get nearly the numbers he could for us due to lack of decent service.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

Is it just me or is watching me McGinn really frustrating no doubting the boy is a good player but I think he is very lazy does not track runners goes down all the time for next to nothing and he’s never call out on it 

He’s always been the same, that’s why he’s better playing further forward. I noticed it against us and he’s never learnt to do it yet. 

The Future's Maroon
15 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We've played very well 2nd half. 

McGinns not had his best game but he never hides. Always in the thick of it, always fighting and making himself available. 

I really hate to say it but I thought he a good game, even McBurnie when came on just to noise them up (laughing at them) when holding it up in the corner.

Nothing special but a wins a win.

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

Pleased with that result. Can see what Clarkes doing now and why he's persisting with this formation. Personally, don't like Callum McGregor, but thought he brought a lot when he came on. I'm really not sure what position he's actually meant to play, like is he an attacking midfielder, defensive? Because it looked like he was playing LM when he came on and was really solid.

An actual striker in Dykes is good. But, looks like Robertson got himself suspended so the czech game just got needlessly harder...

Commentator said he wouldn't be playing on Wednesday anyway and that was before the booking. No idea how he would know right enough.

9 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

- fans moaning when their team do what they need to do even if it isn’t “sexy” - they get the result needed and will still moan

- with Scotland, Dykes isn’t any better a player than when he joined QPR yet is now starting games since he moved

Jack Hendry got capped after signing for Celtic 😂 countless shan Old Firm players also was one of the main things which put me off the national side 

Just now, The Future's Maroon said:

I really hate to say it but I thought he a good game, even McBurnie when came on just to noise them up (laughing at them) when holding it up in the corner.

Nothing special but a wins a win.

We fought hard tonight. All of them. That sort of effort and aggression has been lacking recently. Much more a Scotland of old performance. We even played some good football at times. 

Hopefully they can continue like this. 

11 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

The delay with Dykes, in fairness, was more to do with him taking his time to choose us or Australia. He’d been talked about as a potential call up for about a full season before his move

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I don't recall saying he wasn't good enough for Hearts.

I said he probably wouldn't be good for Hearts. For exactly the reason you state. He'd rarely get picked out playing for us. He'd cut an isolated and frustrated figure imo. He's a good player from the limited amount I've seen of him.

@kingantti1874

I didn't see the ICT game, that's encouraging to hear we created more chances. For the past two years and against Cowdenbeath we've created very, very little for our strikers. To the extent it almost makes me frustrated we have a player like Boyce who I rate really highly as a goalscorer but I doubt he'll get nearly the numbers he could for us due to lack of decent service.

Exactly, we’ve had a few over the years. Most strikers need good service and we’ve struggled to provide it, yesterday was no better. Lafferty was about the only one who could get a goal without service since administration. 

Dykes has done well. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Lyndon Dykes has been very good for us so far. We've been desperate for someone to do what he does for a long time. So glad he chose Scotland. 

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Commentator said he wouldn't be playing on Wednesday anyway and that was before the booking. No idea how he would know right enough.

Tierney still out right? Leaves Greg Taylor... gulp. IMO Hickey should be getting the 3rd choice LB spot ahead of him. Laddie can barely get game time at Celtic, Hickey is playing first team football in the serie A and can play either side of the pitch. 

See for the stick that Considines call up was getting though, I actually think there is something to be said for calling up players who aren't necessarily international standard for a one off. I think it will mean the world to them and you'll get a player who is 100% focused on making sure their call up is a good memory for them. I was really impressed with Considine, very solid. Our whole defensive unit is looking like quite a force now. 

Interestingly, Gallacher is on a free in the summer. Already played with Halkett in a notoriously difficult to beat Livi team, Berra is on the decline and Souttar needs to focus on his recovery. Could do a lot worse (actually we have!). 

Seymour M Hersh
26 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’ve just worked out who McBurnie reminds me of...

9AA57A32-5131-467F-845E-8A401D0B2B42.jpeg

It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

Riddley Walker
15 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We fought hard tonight. All of them. That sort of effort and aggression has been lacking recently. Much more a Scotland of old performance. We even played some good football at times. 

Hopefully they can continue like this. 

Came on to say pretty much this, nailed it.

We looked so much better. Fair play to Gallagher over these two games, been very solid. Considine tonight as well. Very impressed with Dykes overall.

Something nobody talks about is that the world cup draw in December is based on the world rankings, so if we have a great couple months we've an outside chance of getting into Pot 2 in the seedings.

Dykes might not be an amazing player, but tonight was the same as v the Czechs - as soon as he was presented with a decent chance, he buried it.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but did Scotland not play 4 at the back in this game? I’m not sure about that, but Clarke certainly dropped Jack and McBurnie and played Fraser from the start. Bingo, Scotland look better and win the game.