Cowdenbeath v Hearts PPV

Weebroon98

3 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

I am based abroad so need quality VPN to watch UK TV.  If you only want one for watching Hearts games not showing on BBC this season then go for the cheapest.

I currently have tried:

Freedom / F-Secure

Avast

My Expat Network

Liberty Shield / Scothost

Safer VPN

WatchUKTV

Ivacy

NordVPN

I currently use FREEDOME as it is the best service when abroad.  NORD is advertised as the best but it did not work so good when trying to access BBC iPlayer or Sky from abroad.  In my opinion Liberty Shield is the best VPN but a little pricey if you are only going to use it to watch Hearts games.

Best to go with the free trials and then decide.

Thanks.

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David McCaig

• Jambo-Fox

• soonbe110

• davemclaren

3 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Last season Hearts International showed quite a few away games from grounds that had their own TV stream, although had to put up with biased home commentary.  Perth was the only place that did not provide coverage.

That was premier league teams, do folk really think that every away game is going to be on Hearts TV?

Actually, I should have asked "will every Hearts away game be on Hearts TV?"

1 hour ago, graygo said:

That was premier league teams, do folk really think that every away game is going to be on Hearts TV?

A bit confused about this myself. I read that in cup games, if the home club doesn't wish to broadcast it then an arrangement can be made with the away team, splitting the cash. I've saw no mention if a similar arrangement is possible for league games.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

A bit confused about this myself. I read that in cup games, if the home club doesn't wish to broadcast it then an arrangement can be made with the away team, splitting the cash. I've saw no mention if a similar arrangement is possible for league games.

There was a news article which said all teams in Championship had a set up to stream home games, so I'd expect them to want us to buy a stream from them. 

If they get wind that we're not buying a stream from them, then they may allow Hearts TV to broadcast and allow us to keep a cut but think that's probably unlikely 

I currently subscribe to UK Hearts tv. Has anybody cancelled that and changed it to overseas subscription. If so, how do I do it. 

Downloaded proton vpn, but not 100% sure what im meant to do. How do I change to an international tv subscription if I don’t have an overseas address. I opened and registered with proton and genuinely dont have a scooby what im meant to do next. Where does it think I currently am more to the point. If I start a server in the UK for example, it just says connected, but how do I go about looking for anything, or how would I go about opening Hearts tv. This is all of course theiretical and I have no plans to do this 🐵

26 minutes ago, daftie said:

I currently subscribe to UK Hearts tv. Has anybody cancelled that and changed it to overseas subscription. If so, how do I do it. 

Downloaded proton vpn, but not 100% sure what im meant to do. How do I change to an international tv subscription if I don’t have an overseas address. I opened and registered with proton and genuinely dont have a scooby what im meant to do next. Where does it think I currently am more to the point. If I start a server in the UK for example, it just says connected, but how do I go about looking for anything, or how would I go about opening Hearts tv. This is all of course theiretical and I have no plans to do this 🐵

You don't need an overseas address, you just need a vpn and your location to be showing as outwith the UK and Ireland.

So let me get this right. I just select a server from any other country ?

Do I just use my web browser as normal, and it recognises my IP as being from the server country I pick ?

8 minutes ago, daftie said:

So let me get this right. I just select a server from any other country ?

Do I just use my web browser as normal, and it recognises my IP as being from the server country I pick ?

Yes but remember to open the VPN first, set your country to outside the UK, then open your browser. 

If you do that in the correct order, the "International" option will be showing when you log on to Hearts TV. 

5 hours ago, graygo said:

Every championship club has signed up for a streaming service (pretty sure there was some article on here about it)

If that is the case, they would probably make it available for PPV to away fans and if thats is through Hearts TV then international subs should be able to watch all home and away games.

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

Yes but remember to open the VPN first, set your country to outside the UK, then open your browser. 

If you do that in the correct order, the "International" option will be showing when you log on to Hearts TV. 

Cheers, understand it now. 

22 minutes ago, daftie said:

How does somebody get round creating an international account when you dont have an overseas address

Find a local university or something and get the address/postcode details and use that.

29 minutes ago, daftie said:

How does somebody get round creating an international account when you dont have an overseas address

It doesn't matter all the website looks at is where the server you are connected to is located, if its in the UK and Ireland it defaults to domestic Hearts TV (even if you're address is in Brazil), if you are connected to a server outside the UK and Ireland it defaults to Hearts International even if your registered address is in Scotland.

4 hours ago, Poseidon said:

There was a news article which said all teams in Championship had a set up to stream home games, so I'd expect them to want us to buy a stream from them. 

If they get wind that we're not buying a stream from them, then they may allow Hearts TV to broadcast and allow us to keep a cut but think that's probably unlikely 

Thanks

5 hours ago, Poseidon said:

2 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Every championship club has signed up for a streaming service (pretty sure there was some article on here about it)

If that is the case, they would probably make it available for PPV to away fans and if thats is through Hearts TV then international subs should be able to watch all home and away games.

Good stuff, thanks for the replies. 👍

Edit: I would worry that they will want to sell it direct to Hearts supporters though so it will be on top of your Hearts TV subscription.

Edited by graygo

54 minutes ago, graygo said:

Good stuff, thanks for the replies. 👍

Edit: I would worry that they will want to sell it direct to Hearts supporters though so it will be on top of your Hearts TV subscription.

I worry that may be an issue too. The consensus on social media (from comments on Hearts posts about the Cowdenbeath stream) seems to be that nobody wants to pay any money to any other club in the league. 

3 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

I worry that may be an issue too. The consensus on social media (from comments on Hearts posts about the Cowdenbeath stream) seems to be that nobody wants to pay any money to any other club in the league. 

To be fair, I hardly see them letting Hearts stream it for free, whether that is as a one off PPV or via Hearts TV. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair, I hardly see them letting Hearts stream it for free, whether that is as a one off PPV or via Hearts TV. 

Quite right too, pretty sure we wouldn't let teams stream games at Tynecastle free.

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Top flight clubs let Hearts TV stream games from their stadium and it isn't free, you still have to pay a subscription to Hearts TV. Whether Hearts pay a small fee to the club for this,  I don't know.

7 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Top flight clubs let Hearts TV stream games from their stadium and it isn't free, you still have to pay a subscription to Hearts TV. Whether Hearts pay a small fee to the club for this,  I don't know.

No idea either how that arrangement works but I think Sky have cameras at every game so possible they will get that feed. 

So if we want to see Hearts games, one guaranteed method (where there's actually cameras capturing the action) is to register with Hearts TV (international only?) and use a VPN?

I keep hearing vpn.ive not a clue what that is. In my younger years if someone said they had a vpn we thought you had a sexually transmitted disease 😊

10 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

I keep hearing vpn.ive not a clue what that is. In my younger years if someone said they had a vpn we thought you had a sexually transmitted disease 😊

My understanding is that it's something you pay for then go about making use of the service in a slightly clandestine manner...but won't result in a sexually transmitted infection :lol: 

46 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think there are different rules in place for Uk/Ireland v rest of world.

In League matches the home team owns the PPV sales for domestic market, but coverage also made available for overseas market.

9 minutes ago, Boof said:

My understanding is that it's something you pay for then go about making use of the service in a slightly clandestine manner...but won't result in a sexually transmitted infection :lol: 

Glad you cleared that up for me Haha 

47 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Not all top flight clubs!

We had reciprocal arrangements with the likes of Aberdeen but, (if my memory is correct, which if it is a miracle) - Celtic had to be paid on Celtic TV.

2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Not all top flight clubs!

We had reciprocal arrangements with the likes of Aberdeen but, (if my memory is correct, which if it is a miracle) - Celtic had to be paid on Celtic TV.

Yeah I think I watched the Celtic games on hesgoal with me putting on the Hearts TV commentary so I didn't have to listen to their biased nonsense. 

I'm 99% sure I watched games from all the other clubs outside the Old Firm. 

7 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

Glad you cleared that up for me Haha 

:lol:

But to be serious, my other understanding of it is that it's a service you pay for (or get a free trial, then another, then another...) which hides the actual location of your computer's address meaning you can choose which country you'd like to *cough* be in whilst using the machine.

I'm still hoping someone will answer my "Does it HAVE to be Hearts international service?" I suspect so as that's a bit dearer than the domestic one.

I'd also be interested to find out if it is payable every month of the year or just during the season?

1 minute ago, Boof said:

:lol:

But to be serious, my other understanding of it is that it's a service you pay for (or get a free trial, then another, then another...) which hides the actual location of your computer's address meaning you can choose which country you'd like to *cough* be in whilst using the machine.

I'm still hoping someone will answer my "Does it HAVE to be Hearts international service?" I suspect so as that's a bit dearer than the domestic one.

I'd also be interested to find out if it is payable every month of the year or just during the season?

Cheers mate but a lot of us genuinely don't understand. It was a lot easier to pay at the turnstiles. Sadly those days seem to have gone. 

16 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

Cheers mate but a lot of us genuinely don't understand. It was a lot easier to pay at the turnstiles. Sadly those days seem to have gone. 

I'm in the 'I know a lot more than I did a fortnight ago' camp :lol:  Although to me it just seems some sort of black magic that you throw money at!

This place is good for lots of things - this being one of them.

2 hours ago, norrie1952 said:

Virtual Private Network.

It's a piece of software / app that sets up an encrypted tunnel between the client (you) and the server, which can be in various countries, making it look as if your IP address (where it thinks you are watching from) is outside of the UK.

If you start up the VPN, then choose a country to connect to a server (let's say Germany), then open your browser and log in to Hearts TV, you will automatically see the "International" option that let's you subscribe to watch the games. You need to start up the VPN every time you want to watch a game.

Using a VPN usually drops your broadband speed though, so trial & error which country to use to give you the best speeds.

Point your browser at fast.com or speedtest.net to see your speeds before & after the VPN is switched on.

Edited by iainmac

2 hours ago, norrie1952 said:

Edited by iainmac
Double post

😱 it’s a dilemma!

Last week I watched the game v Inverness on a ‘stream’ - not wanting to pay a monthly or annual fee to Premier Sports!

Saturday v Cowdenbeath I was delighted to PPV on the HEARTSppv - HHGH!

Tomorrow I’ll watch the match v Raith on a ‘stream’ (it’s that Prem Sports mob again!)!

Friday night match on BBC .... what to do?

The income from that match is shared in a ‘pot’ and Dundee (the vote switchers who MUST not receive a ‘maroon penny’) will get a share of that ........ what to do?

Watch on BBC (feeling guilty) or find a stream? [NB as I’m UK based I will not do the ‘dodgy’ VPN Hearts International option!!]

It’s a dilemma 😱

32 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

😱 it’s a dilemma!

Last week I watched the game v Inverness on a ‘stream’ - not wanting to pay a monthly or annual fee to Premier Sports!

Saturday v Cowdenbeath I was delighted to PPV on the HEARTSppv - HHGH!

Tomorrow I’ll watch the match v Raith on a ‘stream’ (it’s that Prem Sports mob again!)!

Friday night match on BBC .... what to do?

The income from that match is shared in a ‘pot’ and Dundee (the vote switchers who MUST not receive a ‘maroon penny’) will get a share of that ........ what to do?

Watch on BBC (feeling guilty) or find a stream? [NB as I’m UK based I will not do the ‘dodgy’ VPN Hearts International option!!]

It’s a dilemma 😱

You'll watch a stream but not fund Hearts by watching via a VPN... Bizarre morals!!

23 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

You'll watch a stream but not fund Hearts by watching via a VPN... Bizarre morals!!

It’s a dilemma 😱....

I funded Hearts on the HEARTS- PPV vs Cowdenbeath but that was deemed ‘bad’ (by some) .... someone said VPNs to watch football not allowed to be shown in the UK was illegal....why would I pay Premier Sports .... and now the BBC ..... 

so many with selfish blinkers on only thinking about themselves ...

😱 it’s a dilemma 

and what about Hearts home league games ..... season ticket holders can watch on their season tickets but is it right that non ST holders can watch the same match via a VPN / Hearts International for a lot lower price ... 

😱 it is a dilemma and I’m playing a

’straight bat’ and will watch these matches though Hearts official LEGAL supporter ‘channels’ and support Hearts that way rather than do something that could be described as low integrity & devious!

39 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I think you missed the point, no problem 😉 

13 hours ago, daftie said:

Simply upgrade on Hearts TV from Basic to International and pay the extra.  It takes no time at all.

33 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Do we know how many eventually signed up for the official feed from Bayview?

It would be more interesting to know the increase in International subscriptions.

18 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

It would be more interesting to know the increase in International subscriptions.

Also true. 

May email the club...

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No, it isn't.

It was supposed to be an either/or question. You're suggesting it's neither criminally nor civilly 'illegal'?

1 hour ago, The Crack Fox said:

Yes it is criminal. If you receive a service you haven't paid for, that you should only receive through payment, then it's an offence.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/48/section/297

But I my friend would be paying for it. Merely taking a feed to this country from a server located outwith...

21 minutes ago, Boof said:

It was supposed to be an either/or question. You're suggesting it's neither criminally nor civilly 'illegal'?

But I my friend would be paying for it. Merely taking a feed to this country from a server located outwith...

1. Using a VPN isn't illegal.

2. Paying for Hearts International isn't illegal.

The only thing that this is doing is circumventing the rule that clubs can't broadcast 3pm games in the UK on a Saturday, etc. That isn't a law.

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, David McCaig said:

I'm looking forward to the huge increase in FoH contributions next month from all those that promised to put the £10 into FoH rather than pay for the PPVoption