**** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****

Perth to Paisley

Niemi’s gloves
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another Scot at Bologna 

A bit tenuous. Luis Binks born in England and has played for England from U-16 to U-19 level. Ok he did earlier play for Scotland at U-16 level on the basis of a Scottish grandfather, but unless he declares for Scotland and plays at full international level for Scotland, I’d say he’s English

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Binks

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

On 24/09/2021 at 23:04, Niemi’s gloves said:

A bit tenuous. Luis Binks born in England and has played for England from U-16 to U-19 level. Ok he did earlier play for Scotland at U-16 level on the basis of a Scottish grandfather, but unless he declares for Scotland and plays at full international level for Scotland, I’d say he’s English

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Binks

LarrysRightFoot

Hope the wee man gets a big move - not just for our cut of the £s but always good to see young Scots (especially ones who’ve played for us) do well.

4 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Hope the wee man gets a big move - not just for our cut of the £s but always good to see young Scots (especially ones who’ve played for us) do well.

Euros!!!!

LarrysRightFoot
17 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Euros!!!!

It’ll be converted to pounds!!!! though won’t it 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, AppleTarts said:

Another angle, very nice take and cut-in to have space for the shot.

https://streamja.com/nX9Z4

Love how the commentator pronounces Hickey as "He-Kay"

Pleased for Hickey, he has had poor games this season but also some great performances. Will only get better and better. 

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Love how the commentator pronounces Hickey as "He-Kay"

Pleased for Hickey, he has had poor games this season but also some great performances. Will only get better and better. 

It'll soon be......

th-4.jpeg

Seems to be able to control his shots better than some I saw playing in the euros Maybe just a technique thing. Probably got some decent coaches in Italy

bringonthesevco
3 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

It’s be great to get some money out of a move but for his sake I hope he stays there a while .  Getting 1st team football in Serie A at his age is brilliant , he’ll be learning loads tactically etc.

Couple of seasons there then a big move to the EPL…..

Francis Albert

I think he just might have moved out of Celtic's price range by now!

And as for those miserable Hearts fans who forecast a return to Hearts on loan ...

A regular in currently top half Serie A team. Scotland cap soon?

LarrysRightFoot
21 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

It’s be great to get some money out of a move but for his sake I hope he stays there a while .  Getting 1st team football in Serie A at his age is brilliant , he’ll be learning loads tactically etc.

Yeh, he’s already has Fiorentina and Napoli ‘linked’ with him though  

LarrysRightFoot
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

And as for those miserable Hearts fans who forecast a return to Hearts on loan ...

Got to be in Clarke’s thinking - just a shame he plays in the area we are strongest in. Same with Liam Henderson tbf - we are pretty decent in central midfield. 

4 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Got to be in Clarke’s thinking - just a shame he plays in the area we are strongest in. Same with Liam Henderson tbf - we are pretty decent in central midfield. 

Capt Robertson's attempts at goal have been, well, disappointing. An aspect of Hickey's game is he strikes the ball well with good technique. In international football when its tight, you look for players that can produce special moments. 

14 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Like he was ever in their price range

Francis Albert
Just now, sadj said:

Like he was ever in their price range

Fair point despite the Weege media nonsense. 

Although he was when they released him!

36 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

Does show that his choice to go to Bologna was probably the correct one. Not everyone agreed with it at the time. 

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Depends who we bank with 

Used to be Lithuania............not  too sure now.........maybe cash up front?

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Capt Robertson's attempts at goal have been, well, disappointing. An aspect of Hickey's game is he strikes the ball well with good technique. In international football when its tight, you look for players that can produce special moments. 

Bit of a stretch to say he will take over from Robertson anytime soon. 

1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Just pointing out an aspect where his game perhaps outshines Robertson's rather than being inferior in every aspect. 

LarrysRightFoot

I don’t think for a second he is (or will be inferior) in every aspect. I mean in terms of technique he actually he looks to have more natural ability. But Robertson, if anything, is underrated up here - Klopp wouldn’t have him as an automatic first pick unless he was top drawer. 

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

He'll have to wait until Robbo and Tierney retire before he is first choice left back for Scotland. He's miles away from their level at the moment. 

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Fair point despite the Weege media nonsense. 

Although he was when they released him!

I can't recall who it was that was ahead of him at Celtic which resulted in them releasing him as a youngster, but I don't see any LBs of a similar age in the current Celtic first team.

3 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I can't recall who it was that was ahead of him at Celtic which resulted in them releasing him as a youngster, but I don't see any LBs of a similar age in the current Celtic first team.

tierney and izaguirre were the two left backs in their first team squad. not sure about their youth teams

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

He'll have to wait until Robbo and Tierney retire before he is first choice left back for Scotland. He's miles away from their level at the moment. 

He is only 19 though, and playing in Serie A.  Who knows how his career will progress in the next 2 or 3 years.  When Robertson was 19 he was nowhere near playing at the level that Hickey is currently.

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, RobNox said:

From what I understand, he was not released by Celtic, he turned Celtic down to sign for us as he wanted to get first team football. Hence we had an agreement of a sell on fee with Celtic (if Celtic had just released him, we would owe Celtic nothing.) But it should be him starting for Celtic at the moment if they had kept him.

As for left backs of a same age at Celtic, Adam Montgomerie is in the same age group as Hickey and is getting a game at left back (Ange seems to rate him a lot, he set up Celtics winner today.) But Hickey is a better player.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Hickey is 2 footed, he’d do a great job at right back for Scotland someday soon.

Great strike, even if goalie looked dodgy. Past him before he realised it.

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****