• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Decent first half of football and very much end to end

Newcastle a bit unlucky to be behind but in defence just a little bit slack

Saint-Maximin has plenty of pace

Good game was in the Sir Bobby Robson suite tonight, Leeds the better team tbh ,Saint-Maximin was outstanding, Almiron had a great game too. 

Get Wilson back and i reckon Newcastle will stay up, Leeds will stay up,missing 3/4 key players tonight. 

Now too Dingwall and hopefully a good result tomorrow, cmon the Hearts!!!. 

9 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Good game was in the Sir Bobby Robson suite tonight, Leeds the better team tbh ,Saint-Maximin was outstanding, Almiron had a great game too. 

Get Wilson back and i reckon Newcastle will stay up, Leeds will stay up,missing 3/4 key players tonight. 

Now too Dingwall and hopefully a good result tomorrow, cmon the Hearts!!!. 

Was a great match.   I've not watched many games from start to finish for a while.   Saint Maximin was outstanding.    

The ref was a dick.    Fraser pulled down, near the end of the game, second yellow would have been shown.    I think a Newcastle player had a possible second yellow earlier so maybe it balanced out.   I think it was Wallock. 

Why do players even try to pretend they did not haul down the forward......stonewall penalty for Brentford as the player was hauled down yet we had all the shake of the heads..........1-0 Brentford and almost 2 but VAR rules it out for handball...then Wolves hit the bar.

47 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

The cross for the second goal was so easy, the defender sleeping.   Looks like some of the wolves players don't care enough.   

Should've been disallowed for blatant handball anyway. Still trying to figure out how VAR didn't pick it up.

And congrats to Jansson/Brentford : haven't seen such blatant time wasting like this in a long, long time. 

29 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

McPhee getting praised for Villa set pieces.

Our have been poor since he left.

It was a poor one from Kingsley today right enough.

Jambof3tornado
Just now, John Findlay said:

It was a poor one from Kingsley today right enough.

Thats down to individual talent mate. I'm talking about balls into the box the we regularly fail to get past the 1st man

Ronaldo denied but that should have been a penalty

Penalty for West Ham....handball by Shaw

Noble has come on to take the penalty in injury time...first touch !!!! saved and what a poor decision to allow that by Moyes

Is that Moyes showing how little faith he has in his players that he doesn't trust them to take a penalty? Bizarre decision to bring Noble on for a penalty. 

1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

Is that Moyes showing how little faith he has in his players that he doesn't trust them to take a penalty? Bizarre decision to bring Noble on for a penalty. 

Is Noble on some testimonial or something 

His last appearance?

McGlynn The Money

1-2 down in injury time to Man U. Get a penalty and they bring on their expert penalty taker Mark Noble to take it. He then proceeds to make a complete Roger Hunt of it.

Absolutely hilarious, what a tinpot mob. Moyes making an absolute clown of himself.

I'm amazed that VAR didn't give at least one of those penalties for Ronaldo, the second in particular was blatant. By the logic applied today I'm not sure what a forward is expected to do. Both times (more clearly the second one) he's knocked the ball past the defender, the defender has tried to play the ball missing it and hitting the forward. 

More evidence that VAR is just another layer of opinion over important decisions. 

Just now, leith_dude said:

I'm amazed that VAR didn't give at least one of those penalties for Ronaldo, the second in particular was blatant. By the logic applied today I'm not sure what a forward is expected to do. Both times (more clearly the second one) he's knocked the ball past the defender, the defender has tried to play the ball missing it and hitting the forward. 

More evidence that VAR is just another layer of opinion over important decisions. 

Worse than that this weekend 

'Was it a clear and obvious mistake' is the criteria 

Not feeling any sense of optimism before the Spurs - Chelsea match. Chelsea have a settled team playing a system and Nuno has juggled the Spurs team big time again. A London Derby isn’t the game to be experimenting with new formations and defensive pairings. 

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Is Noble on some testimonial or something 

His last appearance?

It is his last year right enough. But to sub him on to take a last minute pressure penalty for sentimentality is just bizarre management.

I absolutely hate how they gave that handball decision. How on earth could that ever be looked at and decided that it was intentional? Completely ridiculous.

I also hate bringing cold players off the bench to hit penalties. What the **** was Moyes thinking about? Absolutely crazy management from a guy who should know better.

As for the 2 x Ronaldo claims - they were both infinitely closer to being penalties than the hand ball.

The refereeing in that game was worse than in Scotland even.

Farcical.

Ronaldo denied a clear penalty by VAR lol....he got chopped lol.....But that penalty decision was shocking...to come off the bench lol.....Laughing my ass off!

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Worse than that this weekend 

'Was it a clear and obvious mistake' is the criteria 

Yeah it was like the VAR team were just not watching because how they could've been deemed those to be fair challenges is a mystery. 

4 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

If only there was a recent example of subbing a player on specifically to take a penalty for them to miss it anyway.

Exactly what I thought. Moyes you dummy.

2 minutes ago, leith_dude said:

Yeah it was like the VAR team were just not watching because how they could've been deemed those to be fair challenges is a mystery. 

And then they awarded that penalty for deliberate handball???

What is the point in VAR when it's used to make such horrific decisions?

What a bizarre turn of events. 😂

The Real Maroonblood
22 minutes ago, Tazio said:

What the **** was Moyes thinking there? 

He’s probably got a soft spot for Man United.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

chuck berrys hairline

Think that's De Gea's first pen save in his whole life 😅              

Sure during the Europa final they said 26 consecutive penalties were successful against him 

Edited by chuck berrys hairline

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I thought the handball rule was different now. Doesn't need to be deliberate. Just arm in an unnatural position or something. Was a pen for me. Mind you, so was the second Ronaldo one and maybe even the first. 

36 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

I thought the handball rule was different now. Doesn't need to be deliberate. Just arm in an unnatural position or something. Was a pen for me. Mind you, so was the second Ronaldo one and maybe even the first. 

The second Ronaldo one, was a stonewall penalty. Referee was terrible and VAR even worse as it should have pointed out the ref's obvious error.

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

I absolutely hate how they gave that handball decision. How on earth could that ever be looked at and decided that it was intentional? Completely ridiculous.

I also hate bringing cold players off the bench to hit penalties. What the **** was Moyes thinking about? Absolutely crazy management from a guy who should know better.

As for the 2 x Ronaldo claims - they were both infinitely closer to being penalties than the hand ball.

The refereeing in that game was worse than in Scotland even.

Farcical.

They can't be clearer penalties than that handball as that handball is was clear a penalty as you'll ever have per the rules. 

I don't think anyone thought captain fantastic was scoring that. Moyes might've have a senior moment to put him on for it but noble should've been smart enough to tell him to feck off

Noble coming on just to take the penalty was never going to end well for West Ham

Moyes trying to be too clever imo

18 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Noble coming on just to take the penalty was never going to end well for West Ham

Moyes trying to be too clever imo

To be fair to him Nobes’ record from the spot is better than most but bizarre decision to bring him on regardless 

Didn’t see the game as grafting but, by all accounts should have had a pen ourselves along with the Mancs getting at least obe

more.

At least we didn’t just lie down and get our bellies rubbed

On to Wednesday and Antonio back

32 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Chelsea have ragdolled Spurs - they should have scored at least 5 in the 2nd half alone

0-3

I hate Chelsea. 
That was a game of two managers, NES had a good plan A that worked, the when Chelsea went to plan B he didn’t know how to deal with it. I also suspect Chelsea had a plan C just in case it was needed. 
Of the teams people are quoting for the title they are the ones who have impressed me most as they have that change and resilience  about then when it isn’t going their way. Sadly. 

7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I hate Chelsea. 
That was a game of two managers, NES had a good plan A that worked, the when Chelsea went to plan B he didn’t know how to deal with it. I also suspect Chelsea had a plan C just in case it was needed. 
Of the teams people are quoting for the title they are the ones who have impressed me most as they have that change and resilience  about then when it isn’t going their way. Sadly. 

Same with me - really don't like Chelsea but they look very impressive at present. 

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Harry Kane looks absolutely lost, why anyone would pay big bucks for him when Haaland is tearing it up is beyond me. 

I don't understand why City paid £100m for Grealish, a player they didn't really need, and were willing to pay similar or more for Kane, but ultimately wouldn't meet Spurs asking price.

Why not forget Grealish and Kane, and instead test Dortmund's resolve with an offer of £200m for Haaland?  The guy is already a monster at 21 and will only improve in the coming years.