English Premier League.

maroonlegions

I think that Kane will still come good this season

However the man all these people tell you is the best negotiator must be quaking in his shoes right now thinking if only I had not been so stubborn.......for your sake I hope he does come back to form Mr Levy or you will have achieved the worst of both worlds

The club does have over £1 billion of debt after the stadium rebuild as well but of course we know it's not real debt in the football world

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, IronJambo said:

They can't be clearer penalties than that handball as that handball is was clear a penalty as you'll ever have per the rules. 

I don't think anyone thought captain fantastic was scoring that. Moyes might've have a senior moment to put him on for it but noble should've been smart enough to tell him to feck off

I understand that those appear to be the rules nowadays. I iust hate the rules. What happened to ball played man? When someone blasts the ball at your hand from close range, i don't think it can be said to be deliberate. I hate how this is a thing now.

I wouldn't say i support them but West Ham are as close to an English team as i have. I've still no idea what Moyes was thinking there.

2 hours ago, RobNox said:

I don't understand why City paid £100m for Grealish, a player they didn't really need, and were willing to pay similar or more for Kane, but ultimately wouldn't meet Spurs asking price.

Why not forget Grealish and Kane, and instead test Dortmund's resolve with an offer of £200m for Haaland?  The guy is already a monster at 21 and will only improve in the coming years.  

Seemingly 800,000 a week he is wanting.

No chance City will pay him that.

Leaves a couple of clubs left that will pay that.

6 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I understand that those appear to be the rules nowadays. I iust hate the rules. What happened to ball played man? When someone blasts the ball at your hand from close range, i don't think it can be said to be deliberate. I hate how this is a thing now.

I wouldn't say i support them but West Ham are as close to an English team as i have. I've still no idea what Moyes was thinking there.

Moyes had a proper senior moment. 

I agree with this handball rule because it's a clear rule that takes interpretation out of it.I don't know how you're meant to balance without spreading your arms out though. Players basically need to adapt their game for it. If they're close enough to not be able to get out the way of the ball then they really can't be making movements like that if they want to avoid a handball.  If you step back from it, players are putting themselves in a position to block a shot or a cross and if their spread out arms are the body part blocking that then it's got to be unfair.

Could Man City's title challenge be over by next weekend?

People talk about how the fixtures come out. But away to Chelsea and Liverpool (with PSG away inbetween) is certainly interesting. With or without a centre forward. 

16 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Solskjaer must surely be running out of time.

i've not seen the villa goal but ole is moaning about offside. he is coming over all celticy, always cheated never defeated

53 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i've not seen the villa goal but ole is moaning about offside. he is coming over all celticy, always cheated never defeated

No just SAF.

16 hours ago, CJGJ said:

3-3 after numerous Liverpool missed chances and Brentford equalise again

Watched this morning on MOTD

Fair play to Brentford. Rattled em

16 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Some scousers off out the bar in the huff soon as whistle goes 😆

It's downright weird. I follow Man City in England but don't get that worked up one way or the other. 

From the reactions of a few in the pub last night you'd think they were born and bred scousers.

Edited by Hmfc1965

1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

It's downright weird. I follow Man City in England but don't get that worked up one way or the other. 

From the reactions of a few in the pub last night you'd think they were born and bred scousers.

There seems to be so much short term thinking. It's not helped by the media. Laughing at some of the pre match long articles on how Chelsea had the advantage over Man City..

You should be pretty happy if you are a Liverpool fan. Aside from what they have achieved, they look good to challenge this season. 

Covid etc is still having an impact with players getting rested which maybe has hit a few teams results. 

Nuno seems baffled how to use a big squad of players. He did well at Wolves as his first team basically picked itself. Confusing team selection changes pretty much every match now. Romero on the bench instead of at the centre of defence is baffling, and Gil was best player on the pitch in the last game so he’s on the bench as well. 

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Nuno seems baffled how to use a big squad of players. He did well at Wolves as his first team basically picked itself. Confusing team selection changes pretty much every match now. Romero on the bench instead of at the centre of defence is baffling, and Gil was best player on the pitch in the last game so he’s on the bench as well. 

Shades of Moyes at Man U.

Did superb at Everton with a small budget and a small squad. 

Clueless in charge of a big club.

1 minute ago, benny said:

Del Ali how much for him now.

How many seasons now has it been since he was a great prospect.

He’s useless, spends the whole game trying stupid little flicks and tricks and failing. Then he gets one right once in a blue moon and the hype starts again. 

Салатные палочки

Why are Spurs so shite? I mean they are a massive club. I don't really study the English league. Are they skint? There must be an explanation for them only winning one trophy (a second rate one in English football terms) in the last twenty odd years. 

5 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Why are Spurs so shite? I mean they are a massive club. I don't really study the English league. Are they skint? There must be an explanation for them only winning one trophy (a second rate one in English football terms) in the last twenty odd years. 

£1.2billion in debt.

30 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Certainly gone backwards since beating Man City at the start of the season. 

How they won that game remains a mystery. 

City should have been 4 up in 30 minutes.