• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A_A wehatethehibs
13 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Yeah, I don’t subscribe to him only being good at a certain size of club. He’s a top manager. Problem I see is there will likely be a major Klopp hangover. 

De Zerbi is another shout. Or even big Ange been a revelation at spurs. There’s a few options. Massive shoes to fill tho 

A_A wehatethehibs
10 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

I have no love for Liverpool, but yes, this would be a clever appointment....but i think there's a bit of snobbery towards Emery.

I cant imagine Emery wanting essentially a repeat of “big shoes to fill” experience when he took over from Wenger. 

Pasquale for King

There are some great options out there for Liverpool, still a shock though considering he signed all the young players these last two years. 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

There are some great options out there for Liverpool, still a shock though considering he signed all the young players these last two years. 

Think it leaves a bedrock for someone coming in. Compare this squads average age, to what Fergie left Moyes....

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Think it leaves a bedrock for someone coming in. Compare this squads average age, to what Fergie left Moyes....

Klopp rebuilt that midfield completely during the summer.

He's spent 6 months testing it out. It has proven itself more than capable. Sitting top of the table.

He's in a good place to leave as a true club legend having won it all. The clubs in a good place. Someone can come in and they'll have no excuses with what they've been left with.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
27 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

I agree. When things weren’t going well at Arsenal I seem to recall the media ridiculing his accent. I think he’s superb.  

That's the xenophobic English media for you.

Mikey1874
1 minute ago, Bauld said:

Klopp rebuilt that midfield completely during the summer.

He's spent 6 months testing it out. It has proven itself more than capable. Sitting top of the table.

He's in a good place to leave as a true club legend having won it all. The clubs in a good place. Someone can come in and they'll have no excuses with what they've been left with.

It's a great squad. Very good signings. Obviously going back Van Dijk and Alisson. But certainly more recently. 

Shooter McGavin
1 hour ago, Midloth_Iain said:

Xavi Alonso doing an amazing job at Leverkusen.

Must be one of the favourites for the job.

Was thinking that, Gerrard will have to bide his time 😄

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Definitely, the right guy should be successful. 

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

I agree. When things weren’t going well at Arsenal I seem to recall the media ridiculing his accent. I think he’s superb.  

They also laugh at Merson barely being able to say anyone’s name also, casual racism abound. 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

That's the xenophobic English media for you.

Not just the media 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not just the media 

Such wonderful irony in this post 😂

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Such wonderful irony in this post 😂

Nothing ironic or funny about the fact the English are racist, saying that doesn’t make anyone else a racist. 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nothing ironic or funny about the fact the English are racist, saying that doesn’t make anyone else a racist. 

Where has racism come from 😂😂

Edited by Taffin

Sooperstar
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The noises I made reading this made me sound constipated.

Pasquale for King

At least It gives the Man U fans something to cheer them up, they have a few months to get a better manager in before Liverpool choose Klopps successor. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Where has racism come from 😂😂

Ridiculing a great manager’s English when they can barely speak the language themselves. 

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

100% and now that Ancelotti is committed further to Madrid that is who they will go for in the summer.

Real Madrid is interesting for Alonso. But he's young and can do Liverpool as another stepping stone. 

Shooter McGavin

I really liked Klopp when he first went to Liverpool, he was a breath of fresh air and totally transformed them.

Shame he’s become one of the biggest moaning faced managers there is.

Mikey1874

Klopp saying in interview he can see he's now put together a really great squad with potential. Helped his decision to leave.

19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ridiculing a great manager’s English when they can barely speak the language themselves. 

Calling a peoples collectively xenophobic, is in itself xenophobic. Which is what I found funny.

I never called anyone racist.

Jack Torrance
1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

Not a chance he’d be an assistant, it’ll be top job or nothing 

Yeah I guess but just reading into his reasons for leaving, he might fancy taking a back seat whilst getting involved in a home tournament. Might see it as a good opportunity to try out and get to know the set up, before committing. No stress if it goes wrong.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Calling a peoples collectively xenophobic, is in itself xenophobic. Which is what I found funny.

I never called anyone racist.

I didn’t say that they all were, not just the media was my post so not Xenophobic. 

IronJambo

Have to think that David Moyes has a good chance of getting the Liverpool job given how well he's done recently.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Yeah I guess but just reading into his reasons for leaving, he might fancy taking a back seat whilst getting involved in a home tournament. Might see it as a good opportunity to try out and get to know the set up, before committing. No stress if it goes wrong.

He said he cant/wont work for a year, probably contractual. I doubt he would want to take over the German team at this time. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, IronJambo said:

Have to think that David Moyes has a good chance of getting the Liverpool job given how well he's done recently.

You wish 😜

Pasquale for King

Hope they win the league and then get a few backdated titles when City are finally punished. 

Tommy Brown
4 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Good shout, would probably see West 'am sliding back into the Championship :whistling:

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I really liked Klopp when he first went to Liverpool, he was a breath of fresh air and totally transformed them.

Shame he’s become one of the biggest moaning faced managers there is.

Managers should be cheery like ,SAF, Wenger and Mourhino.:10900:

Gundermann

Just saw this...

Fulham not realising that their white flag display makes them look like Airdrie supporters. :whistling:

420083896_782061187290463_49606380836350

Tommy Brown

Not sure how valid the Arteta tweet is.

On the verge of signing a new contract, now on a Barcelona shortlist.

23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Barcelona?

Thanks for flagging this, I'll do some digging around Kentish Town and find out if its true. 

Pretty sure Xavi and Arteta come from the same tiny Basque village too. 

Arteta talked about a photo of them playing for Everton and Liverpool respectively as the most precious memory of his career. 

It would be like two (or three) of the biggest managers in world football coming from Scottish coal mining town. 

Mikey1874
4 minutes ago, Deodato said:

Thanks for flagging this, I'll do some digging around Kentish Town and find out if its true. 

Pretty sure Xavi and Arteta come from the same tiny Basque village too. 

Arteta talked about a photo of them playing for Everton and Liverpool respectively as the most precious memory of his career. 

It would be like two (or three) of the biggest managers in world football coming from Scottish coal mining town. 

This was the story

17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

This was the story

Word from those close to the club is to not give this story any credibility. 

More to follow. 

Mikey1874
41 minutes ago, Deodato said:

Word from those close to the club is to not give this story any credibility. 

More to follow. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes, sir. This was Spanish journalists trying to whip up a feeding frenzy that a valuable part of a big club deserves to be at a bigger club, irrespective of what either club thinks. 

Does this sound familiar? 

Not even 8pm and Luton have blown my accumulator for the night. 2-0 up against Brighton in the first 20 minutes. 

1 minute ago, Cade said:

First 3 minutes, never mind first twenty!

Jesus so it was. That might have broken my record for a mucked up bet. 

Any chance of getting Adebayo this window then? :whistling: