English Premier League.

maroonlegions

IronJambo
Just now, The Treasurer said:

Can't believe that Moyes hasn't tried harder to bring in another striker. 

I can 🤦

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Treasurer
Just now, IronJambo said:

I can 🤦

True. 

Anything happens to Bowen and they are in big trouble 

Scott Monument

Wolves v Manchester utd  for anyone watching unbelievable how many betting adverts all round the ground some even three deep,in my opinion should be banned as betting can destroy the life of a complete family 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Scott Monument said:

Wolves v Manchester utd  for anyone watching unbelievable how many betting adverts all round the ground some even three deep,in my opinion should be banned as betting can destroy the life of a complete family 

Na, no one forces anyone to bet, anymore than anyone forces food down a  Fatties throat or alcohol down a pissheads throat 

We're not a communist country, responsibility should always be primarily with individuals. 

But,  there is a lot of advertising for it,  bit OTT.

I think alcohol advertising and sponsorship should be allowed again.

Scott Monument
4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Na, no one forces anyone to bet, anymore than anyone forces food down a  Fatties throat or alcohol down a pissheads throat 

We're not a communist country, responsibility should always be primarily with individuals. 

But,  there is a lot of advertising for it,  bit OTT.

I think alcohol advertising and sponsorship should be allowed again.

If you think alcohol advertising and sponsorship should be allowed again then do you think cigarettes should also be included 

Bad Religion
4 minutes ago, Scott Monument said:

If you think alcohol advertising and sponsorship should be allowed again then do you think cigarettes should also be included 

Don’t bite to his trolling. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Scott Monument said:

Not arsed,  they are legal, so yes. But cigarettes to my knowledge never really got involved with football,  more snooker and other events iirc.

If products are deemed legal then imo they should be allowed to advertise in some way.

I don't smoke or gamble but I'm not for banning the advertising of legal products. 

The boards are a bit OTT tho, almost distracting. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Scott Monument
7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not arsed,  they are legal, so yes. But cigarettes to my knowledge never really got involved with football,  more snooker and other events iirc.

If products are deemed legal then imo they should be allowed to advertise in some way.

I don't smoke or gamble but I'm not for banning the advertising of legal products. 

The boards are a bit OTT tho, almost distracting. 

Thanks very much at getting back and having a grown up discussion and one thing we do agree on is the ott advertising,like yourself I don’t gamble either but have seen the damage it has done one thing we can agree on is we want the best for hearts 

RedStarRiot
14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Prenier League still don't know what is and isn't a penalty this week.

Shockingly weak penalty. 

Man Utd could have scored 10 tonight. 

Edited by RedStarRiot

Got very nice odds on the draw when Utd were 2-0 up, cashed out at 3-3 and literally seconds later Utd make it 4-3. 
Nice. 

RedStarRiot
2 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

Anthony is such a waste of space. 

Awful player. I think he’s potentially their worst ever signing. 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Shocking defending from Wolves. Lost the plot and lost the game.

Good game  👏 

Luckies1874
7 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

Anthony is such a waste of space. 

Him and Mudryk cost twice as much as Jota :rofl:

IronJambo
16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

After Man Utd took off all their attackers.

Who needs them.

They're overrated. David Moyes doesn't use any either.

12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

After Man Utd took off all their attackers.

Who needs them.

Managers don’t see attackers as a

form of defence now.  They rush to put on more defenders and midfielders trying to protect a lead and end up offering more pressure onto them. 

My brother in law tried to get tickets for Liverpool v wolves and the cheapest tickets he could find was 5k. That canny be right surely, for one game, you could get a half decent motor for that kinda money. 

1 hour ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Spurs are a shambles at corners.

The keeper is a shambles with any cross ball.

Going to be a long season for him.

Malinga the Swinga

Palace in big trouble. Best 2 players keep getting injured and Luton/Everton slowly catching them.

Big Roy looks lost

Bazzas right boot
On 02/02/2024 at 10:47, KG1874 said:

My brother in law tried to get tickets for Liverpool v wolves and the cheapest tickets he could find was 5k. That canny be right surely, for one game, you could get a half decent motor for that kinda money. 

It's not correct,  matchday ticket's do not start at £5000.

22 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's not correct,  matchday ticket's do not start at £5000.

I dunno where he gets his tickets but I’d Surprised if he’s no looked around cause he goes to games a couple times a year. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, KG1874 said:

I dunno where he gets his tickets but I’d Surprised if he’s no looked around cause he goes to games a couple times a year. 

Tickets don't start at £5k.

That would make the cheapest St about £80k.

Maybe it was the cheapest he could find, but tickets for football dinnae start at £5k

On 02/02/2024 at 10:47, KG1874 said:

Was he drunk when he told you this? £5k for tickets? That is obviously nonsense. £80 probably (and hugely overpriced at that).

2 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Was he drunk when he told you this? £5k for tickets? That is obviously nonsense. £80 probably (and hugely overpriced at that).

He was drunk to be fair haha. Still tho he goes to games on quite often so I was surprised he came out way that 

Mikey1874

Thank goodness. West Ham fans feeling happier. Relieved after starting the game very well. 

Edited by Mikey1874

IronJambo
50 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Thank goodness. West Ham fans feeling happier. Relieved after starting the game very well. 

Can you imagine how upset we would be if we actually had a striker. We wouldn't have a championship level right back on the wing and Bowen could have been creating chances for someone that knows where the net is. It's lucky because we'd be so upset if we were winning.

John Findlay

The Man Utd v West Ham Utd, shows what a funny game football can be.

I've seen West Ham play worse this season and win. I think 3-0 is flattering Man Utd.

Just my opinion.

7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The Man Utd v West Ham Utd, shows what a funny game football can be.

I've seen West Ham play worse this season and win. I think 3-0 is flattering Man Utd.

Just my opinion.

United played well I thought, it looks like they’ve worked out how to use the players they have. If Rashford had been better in front of goal it could have been more. Garnacho is a great player to watch for a youngster and works non stop. 

Edited by Tazio

Just was the news that Bradley the young Liverpool full back’s father died yesterday. Awful thing for the young lad, from the highs of all the praise he’s had recently to the terrible thing of losing a parent at a young age. 

Malinga the Swinga
10 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Embarrassing from Saliba. That's worse than Toby in the semi against Hibs. 

Comes from introducing a keeper that hasn't improved the team in anyway since he signed and instead, has everyone looking nervous when he hesitates to claim ball.

Mind, Saluba should have cleared as he should know Raya is shaky.

Also, Arsenal need a centre forward who can score.

Liverpool will feel confident in second half.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Centre half’s shouldn’t bother being clever and just go old school and do the row Z cliche when in doubt. 

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Tazio said:

Centre half’s shouldn’t bother being clever and just go old school and do the row Z cliche when in doubt. 

Yep, especially with a keeper who looks like a bag of nerves 

Slightly off subject I discovered this week that the Liverpool keeper Alisson Becker a brother who’s an also a goalie. His name? Muriel Becker! What were their parents on? 

Malinga the Swinga

Ref trying desperately to get involved, ignoring loads of challenges then suddenly penalising someone for innocuous tackle 

Dallas Green

While that is an absolutely embarrassing bit of defending, could it not be argued that it was a foul. VVD was pushed and if he wasn't Alisson would have cleared the ball? He ended up making contact with VVD but only because he was given that nudge.

Hilarious to see anyway.

Edited by Dallas Green