English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Liverpools workrate has been poor today.  Polar opposite of their Chelsea performance.  It’s looked very static and pedestrian. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HeartsandonlyHearts

How has Gomez managed over 200 games for Liverpool and never scored a goal? Maybe at a mid or lower level team but hard to believe a Liverpool player could manage it.

Malinga the Swinga

That second goal for Arsenal was comical. Made the Liverpool equaliser look half decent. Guess it shows everyone can make mistakes

Malinga the Swinga

Shocker from Alison for a third Arsenal goal. Just rank bad keeping.

Apologies, deflection from Van Dyke. Maybe not keepers fault.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Shocker from Alison for a third Arsenal goal. Just rank bad keeping.

Not to mention Van Dyk’s one pacedness being on show. 

periodictabledancer

Through the keepers legs for a hat trick of defensive calamities on both sides. 

Armageddon

Diaz just stopped running back for that third goal there - absolutely mental.

How annoying is Artera?  If that was Lennon he’d be torn apart, he’s a complete prick.

Malinga the Swinga

Looking at these teams objectively, how many would they take off us and any Scottish team? 

The pace up front is unreal and midfield can pass ball all day 

Shankland would have to be content with a couple of goals I reckon.

Just now, Armageddon said:

How annoying is Artera?  If that was Lennon he’d be torn apart, he’s a complete prick.

Both managers are sideline cabaret artists. Arteta with his jumping around and Klopp with his snide grins and thumbs up to officials. 

Turkishcap

One of my friends out here is a Forest fan so up to 73rd mind we watched it through dinner and although a lot of them are big units I cant say watching EPL left me gobsmacked.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

To be fair to Diaz, I doubt even he would consider himself a right back.

Arteta is exactly what we want our manager to be like while we hate any other club manager who does that.

Certainly seems to get crowd going which is why he does it 

Dallas Green
26 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Don't watch much English football but anytime I've seen him it's like he's on a frickin pogo stick on the touchline.

Malinga the Swinga

Van Dyke being interviewed and takes full responsibility for 2nd goal. Pretty honest assessment and no attempt to make excuses, just taking it on chin and moving on.

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Van Dyke being interviewed and takes full responsibility for 2nd goal. Pretty honest assessment and no attempt to make excuses, just taking it on chin and moving on.

He’s not someone I’ve ever taken to but hats off to him for that interview. 

Dallas Green
6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Fair play to him

Re the Liverpool red card (second booking), I would have booked the Arsenal player too for holding his head because that was a form of simulation because his head was not touched. .

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Re the Liverpool red card (second booking), I would have booked the Arsenal player too for holding his head because that was a form of simulation because his head was not touched. .

If you did that, then there will be loads of bookings every game. No problem with that if that's the way you want to go but they all do it.

14 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

If you did that, then there will be loads of bookings every game. No problem with that if that's the way you want to go but they all do it.

I would do it. British players generally do not do this. It is foreign players and I can't stand it. Some of our own players have started copying these pussies and I really think it just makes them look like a laughing stock. I would book them for this every time.

Malinga the Swinga
50 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I would do it. British players generally do not do this. It is foreign players and I can't stand it. Some of our own players have started copying these pussies and I really think it just makes them look like a laughing stock. I would book them for this every time.

Very harsh on foreign players. Our guys are as capable of cheating as anyone else 

13 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Very harsh on foreign players. Our guys are as capable of cheating as anyone else 

Capable yes but if you watch Italian or Latin players they do it far more regularly. It seems part of their culture to cheat. Sadly our players are far less honest now than they were before, but they’re still better than what you see when you watch Latin players who throw themselves around (whether in their own leagues or in England). It’s really embarrassing and I think they should be really punished for it especially now we use VAR. 

Edited by JJ93

John Findlay

Arsenal fully deserved their win today.

Liverpool had an off day, but Arsenal to their credit never allowed Liverpool to get into any rhythm today.

Mikey1874
25 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Capable yes but if you watch Italian or Latin players they do it far more regularly. It seems part of their culture to cheat. Sadly our players are far less honest now than they were before, but they’re still better than what you see when you watch Latin players who throw themselves around (whether in their own leagues or in England). It’s really embarrassing and I think they should be really punished for it especially now we use VAR. 

The top English players Kane, Sterling and Saka are all cheats. They're  the ones setting the example. 

18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The top English players Kane, Sterling and Saka are all cheats. They're  the ones setting the example. 

The generation before were honest. The same is not true of European and Latin American players. 

Malinga the Swinga

Carragher confirms his stupidity. Arsenal winning is a better result for Man City than it is for Arsenal. I mean, it's good for City that Liverpool lost but Arsenal winning is all Arsenal could do. What was Carragher wanting Arsenal to do, get a bonus point.

Seaside Dave
11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Carragher confirms his stupidity. Arsenal winning is a better result for Man City than it is for Arsenal. I mean, it's good for City that Liverpool lost but Arsenal winning is all Arsenal could do. What was Carragher wanting Arsenal to do, get a bonus point.

He's a clown. He was slating odegaard for taking a photo of the photographer. This is a man who spat at a teenager 🤣🤣🤣 he doesn't have the right to call anyone embarrassing 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Fair play to him

No wonder hes not sure what part he will play under a new manager, he’s nowhere near the player he was and played a part in all 3 goals today. 

John Findlay
20 hours ago, JJ93 said:

The generation before were honest. The same is not true of European and Latin American players. 

You will be far to young to have heard of the late Francis(Franny) Lee.

Malinga the Swinga
18 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You will be far to young to have heard of the late Francis(Franny) Lee.

Tripped on halfway line and fell in the penalty box. That was Franny Lee

Mikey1874
17 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Pocchetino cant last much longer 😆

And Eddie Howe.

RedStarRiot
18 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Pocchetino cant last much longer 😆

I’m not sure Pep could sort the mess out at Chelsea. The owner takes a scatter gun approach to transfers and they are on crazy long contracts. Rumours about failing FFP as well so it could get worse. 

RedStarRiot
35 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And Eddie Howe.

It would be harsh. 

Lots of injuries to key players and haven’t had much to spend ironically. 

Hopefully they continue to do crap. 

IronJambo
35 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And Eddie Howe.

I doubt he's in danger, he's doing quite well.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

I’m not sure Pep could sort the mess out at Chelsea. The owner takes a scatter gun approach to transfers and they are on crazy long contracts. Rumours about failing FFP as well so it could get worse. 

I’m sure any great manager would find a team and a formation, Pocchetino is not a great manager and will be punted soon.

Mikey1874
19 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

It would be harsh. 

Lots of injuries to key players and haven’t had much to spend ironically. 

Hopefully they continue to do crap. 

Starting to look like he's not got the variety to deal with problems on the park. He had a good group of players playing a certain way. But as other teams worked them out like Luton did he doesn't have all the answers.

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And Eddie Howe.

Howe has already achieved something at Newcastle that Pocchetino wont at Chelsea, only a matter of time that he and Ten Haag are ousted. 

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, benny said:

IMG_0906.jpeg

Was this yesterday?

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

skinnybob72

Man City now 2-1 up and should be able to bore Brentford to death from here. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

I struggle to watch them now, used to love them but not anymore. 

The new West End
48 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

They certainly did

Finished 3 v 1 

Nice treble for Foden though