English Premier League.

maroonlegions

4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Is he still a slavering erse?

He was once a striker, he is now a right winger.

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He was once a striker, he is now a right winger.

😀

50 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Last season, it worked for them and you knew that, if they scored, they weren’t losing.  This season, not the case - they’ve played lots of good sides lately, they have injuries etc etc but they’re not getting in the CL next season.  Will be interesting to see if they start to properly draw down on these funds.

My understanding is they can't at the moment because of FFP.

RedStarRiot
17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'm pretty sure the USA is a foreign state. One or two more American owners and they'll be able to change the whole league structure to suit themselves. No relegation, a closed shop. 

They are American companies or groups.  They are not owned by the USA with its cash from taxes, natural resources etc funnelled into football clubs. Huge difference. 

Have you seen anything to suggest Americans want to make it a closed shop? 

The Superleague idea was more than American owners 

Mikey1874
14 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

They are American companies or groups.  They are not owned by the USA with its cash from taxes, natural resources etc funnelled into football clubs. Huge difference. 

Have you seen anything to suggest Americans want to make it a closed shop? 

The Superleague idea was more than American owners 

Super league was and still is mainly Real Madrid and Barcelona seeking to solve their debt problems.

RedStarRiot

Everton vs Villa should be a decent game. Both teams been in form recently. 

I hope Man Utd batter Spurs later. Ange only has one style, how hard can it be to beat their high line? It’s practically an invitation to score goals. 

RedStarRiot
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No goal but whoever does Villa's set pieces take a bow

Something a hippy would come up with….

Mikey1874
2 hours ago, RedStarRiot said:

I hope Man Utd batter Spurs later. Ange only has one style, how hard can it be to beat their high line? It’s practically an invitation to score goals. 

Caught out first attack

1-0

Edited by Mikey1874

thehibsareintheirbeds

Good watch so far, plenty more goals in this hopefully. 

Mikey1874

You've always got a chance against this Tottenham defence. A bit surprising how static they were.

John Findlay
23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You've always got a chance against this Tottenham defence. A bit surprising how static they were.

You have always got a chance against this Man United team.

John Findlay
24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Right on Q

periodictabledancer
30 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No matter the final result, good first game for Jim Ratcliffe to see how bad they are. 

Looking at the second half - even he must be surprised. Man U offered nothing. 

RedStarRiot
28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No matter the final result, good first game for Jim Ratcliffe to see how bad they are. 

Rashford wastes too many promising attacks. Eriksen is past it and can’t dictate a game anymore and the goalkeeper is sketchy. 

They also seem to be struggling with FFP due to inflated fee’s and massive wages for poor players like Antony. I think Radcliffe and INEOS will sort a lot of the issues around the recruitment and analysis but it’s not a quick fix. 

Jury is out on Erik Ten Hag as well. Man Utd don’t control matches and still appear to be more potent on the counter like under Ole who was slated as a tactician. 

The new West End
1 hour ago, RedStarRiot said:

Rashford wastes too many promising attacks. Eriksen is past it and can’t dictate a game anymore and the goalkeeper is sketchy. 

They also seem to be struggling with FFP due to inflated fee’s and massive wages for poor players like Antony. I think Radcliffe and INEOS will sort a lot of the issues around the recruitment and analysis but it’s not a quick fix. 

Jury is out on Erik Ten Hag as well. Man Utd don’t control matches and still appear to be more potent on the counter like under Ole who was slated as a tactician. 

Hopefully Jim will bring in some doping to the squad

RedStarRiot
16 hours ago, The new West End said:

Hopefully Jim will bring in some doping to the squad

That wouldn’t even solve the problem. They’ve spent lots of money, the problems lie deeper. 

RustyRightPeg
19 hours ago, RedStarRiot said:

Ten Hag is a fraud. 18 months into his tenure and nobody knows what Utd's style is. Nobody can say he hasn't got his own players either, he's literally signed 3 of them that he had at Ajax in Antony (pish), Martinez (midget) and Onana (pish). 

Compare that to Ange, and yes he's spent money I get that, but 6 months in, Spurs play exactly like Celtic did and it's great to watch. Hell, even the boy at Bournemouth has made more of an impression than Ten Hag has

7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Ten Hag is a fraud. 18 months into his tenure and nobody knows what Utd's style is. Nobody can say he hasn't got his own players either, he's literally signed 3 of them that he had at Ajax in Antony (pish), Martinez (midget) and Onana (pish). 

Compare that to Ange, and yes he's spent money I get that, but 6 months in, Spurs play exactly like Celtic did and it's great to watch. Hell, even the boy at Bournemouth has made more of an impression than Ten Hag has

It’s not just Ten Hag though is it? Theirs is something deeply wrong somewhere in that club, something that seems unfixable in the short term. Since Ferguson left they’ve had managers with good pedigrees that have failed to get the best out of a squad of internationals and experienced players. It needs ripped to pieces and built back up all the way up the organisation and that isn’t going to be a quick process, but fans have no patience for that. 

Edited by Tazio

RustyRightPeg
25 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It’s not just Ten Hag though is it? Theirs is something deeply wrong somewhere in that club, something that seems unfixable in the short term. Since Ferguson left they’ve had managers with good pedigrees that have failed to get the best out of a squad of internationals and experienced players. It needs ripped to pieces and built back up all the way up the organisation and that isn’t going to be a quick process, but fans have no patience for that. 

Pish. Liverpool were a disaster behind the scenes before Klopp came in and put his demands down. Plenty clubs have also had off the field distractions. It's an easy excuse at Utd. Lose 1-0 at Home to Crystal Palace, OHHH but the Glazers make it a sad place to work.........diddums. £300K a week, get a grip. 

Edited by RustyRightPeg

12 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It's their insistence on signing players who have absolutely stinking personalities and have egos that need massaged and fed.  And spending way over the odds to do it, leaving them with a player that nobody else will touch.

When you look at some of the arsehole "superstars" they have had, like Ronaldo, Pogba, and that absolute fud Bruno Fernandes, they wouldn't lift a glove to help another player, nevermind their own teammates.  It's all about them and making sure that they get on the scoresheet or get something for their social media feeds.

Then you've got your Greenwood and Antony characters who need fired out of a cannon into the sun.  I certainly wouldn't want to be in the same room as them, nevermind have to be in their team.

A team of superstars does not make a good team.  Man United are rotten to the core and need an actual overhaul.  Or to **** off forever, haven't quite worked out which would be better.

8 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Pish. Liverpool were a disaster behind the scenes before Klopp came in and put his demands down. Plenty clubs have also had off the field distractions. It's an easy excuse at Utd. Lose 1-0 at Home to Crystal Palace, OHHH but the Glazers make it a sad place to work.........diddums. £300K a week, get a grip. 

I don’t give a shit if United vanish down to the championship and never win anything again, I’m just commenting as a neutral and not a United fan, which I’m not. You know, just joining in a conversation on a forum with my opinion, which is kind of the point I’d say. 

Shooter McGavin
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

It's their insistence on signing players who have absolutely stinking personalities and have egos that need massaged and fed.  And spending way over the odds to do it, leaving them with a player that nobody else will touch.

When you look at some of the arsehole "superstars" they have had, like Ronaldo, Pogba, and that absolute fud Bruno Fernandes, they wouldn't lift a glove to help another player, nevermind their own teammates.  It's all about them and making sure that they get on the scoresheet or get something for their social media feeds.

Then you've got your Greenwood and Antony characters who need fired out of a cannon into the sun.  I certainly wouldn't want to be in the same room as them, nevermind have to be in their team.

A team of superstars does not make a good team.  Man United are rotten to the core and need an actual overhaul.  Or to **** off forever, haven't quite worked out which would be better.

:spoton:

They've easily had the most dislikeable changing rooms for the last 10 years, absolutely full of the wrong types. They don't take any responsibility at all, happy to sit back and see manager after manager thrown to the wolves.

Personally, I've absolutely loved seeing how every aspect of the club has crumbled since Sir Alex retired. A near 30 year legacy of him building the club up from the ground, and they've p*ssed down the drain and think throwing money at more ego-maniacs is the answer.

everton and nottingham forrest have both been charged with breaches of the profit and sustainability rules

periodictabledancer

The Sunday Times yesterday : it would be unfair if Everton or Forest was to go bust (seems to be genuine concern that Everton might) due to a set of rules that are so unjust they're going to be changed in the summer.

Erm what about all the other clubs who have abided by the rules ? 

Everton could potentially end up like Valencia playing at their traditional ground with a half finished one that they can’t afford to finish. 

Man U fail uefa ffp but no investigation by the premier league nto them.

A disgrace that ffp does not stop a club going a billion in debt.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, periodictabledancer said:

The Sunday Times yesterday : it would be unfair if Everton or Forest was to go bust (seems to be genuine concern that Everton might) due to a set of rules that are so unjust they're going to be changed in the summer.

Erm what about all the other clubs who have abided by the rules ? 

What about the other clubs at everyone knows have broken them, but appear to be untouchable?

skinnybob72
4 hours ago, tian447 said:

This is bang on the money - they have had a high number of unlikeable welts for a number of years. 

What it does show is just how good Alex Ferguson was. They were gash for 25 years before he came along, took him a while to sort it out right enough, but since he left they have been miles from what he achieved despite the big name managers that have come and gone. They may well be gash for another 25 years. 

Nookie Bear
4 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Ten Hag’s reputation was built in an increasingly tinpot league. Ajax’s record in Europe in recent times is no better than Celtic’s so there was no reason to expect better than he has done. 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ten Hag’s reputation was built in an increasingly tinpot league. Ajax’s record in Europe in recent times is no better than Celtic’s so there was no reason to expect better than he has done. 

He took Ajax to the last 4 of the champions league and was 2 minutes away from doing so! 

Mikey1874

I didn't realise Chelsea used the whole first half v Fulham to advertise a film.

Chelsea, their owner and manager strangely getting an easy time of it. Fair enough when everyone has Man Utd to go after. 

RedStarRiot
17 hours ago, benny said:

Man U fail uefa ffp but no investigation by the premier league nto them.

A disgrace that ffp does not stop a club going a billion in debt.

I’d imagine they have the income to cover it. Where has it been confirmed they have failed FFP?

RustyRightPeg
16 hours ago, John Findlay said:

What about the other clubs at everyone knows have broken them, but appear to be untouchable?

The hundreds of charges City have over them, that periodically seem to get forgotten for one.

jock _turd

Well there is a date set now for the charges to be answered... what will they get for their years of cheating they other teams in the EPL... in real terms nothing like what was meated out to Everton, who have another set of charges being brought against them. System is bent down there just as it is up here.

The new West End
8 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The hundreds of charges City have over them, that periodically seem to get forgotten for one.

Hundreds?

It was a five year investigation into City that resulted in the 115 charges brought against them. 

This included not disclosing full details of manager (Mancini) and players remuneration in their contracts. Where have we seen that before? 🤔

People seem to think that Man City are somehow being let off while 'smaller' clubs get punished. As far as I can see, Everton and Forest admit breaching the caps they signed up to, they just believe they have mitigation for it. 

However, City don't admit to anything. Their case covers a substantial period of time and is more complex. It is right that it should take time to resolve. 

Without having sight of the evidence held, nobody can say for sure, but the nature of the charges would lead you to think there has to be evidence held, not rumours and innuendo. 

Similar to Dead Rangers, the charges seem to imply that City took shortcuts to achieve their footballing advantage. 

My opinion is that they will get expelled down a couple of divisions. Point deductions won't cut it. Fines won't cut it. Only expulsion will and I dare say if they are found guilty it will lead to a whole host of clubs suing for compensation. It could lead to absolute chaos 😁

:turmoil:

IronJambo
3 minutes ago, The new West End said:

Hundreds?

112 is it not?

Edit: 115

Edited by IronJambo

RedStarRiot
2 minutes ago, Vansen said:

It was a five year investigation into City that resulted in the 115 charges brought against them. 

This included not disclosing full details of manager (Mancini) and players remuneration in their contracts. Where have we seen that before? 🤔

People seem to think that Man City are somehow being let off while 'smaller' clubs get punished. As far as I can see, Everton and Forest admit breaching the caps they signed up to, they just believe they have mitigation for it. 

However, City don't admit to anything. Their case covers a substantial period of time and is more complex. It is right that it should take time to resolve. 

Without having sight of the evidence held, nobody can say for sure, but the nature of the charges would lead you to think there has to be evidence held, not rumours and innuendo. 

Similar to Dead Rangers, the charges seem to imply that City took shortcuts to achieve their footballing advantage. 

My opinion is that they will get expelled down a couple of divisions. Point deductions won't cut it. Fines won't cut it. Only expulsion will and I dare say if they are found guilty it will lead to a whole host of clubs suing for compensation. It could lead to absolute chaos 😁

So would clubs be awarded leagues and FA cups? 

Im not sure the Premier league has the balls to demote them. 

3 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

So would clubs be awarded leagues and FA cups? 

Im not sure the Premier league has the balls to demote them. 

It might end up like the Juve demotion some years back with title stripping, maybe awarding titles or cups to others or amending them to show no winners with an asterisk, and appeals.

It could take years to resolve, probably unsatisfactorily for everyone involved with law suits everywhere.

I reckon the Premier League would do it. City are a big club but there are a number of big clubs in that league.

jock _turd
26 minutes ago, Vansen said:

Only none of any of that will happen and they will all live happy with all their wins and cups.

jock _turd

In other news how pish are West Ham ? They are make Hearts look like an attacking dynamic football team😂