Jump to content

English Premier League.


maroonlegions

Recommended Posts

Seymour M Hersh
12 hours ago, Jodami said:

Anyone who doesn't think VAR is bent in England is deluding themselves. Reeking. 

 

VAR is just a technology it's not pro or against any decision. It's the ******s working it who are ruining the whole concept and the parameters they are setting down south. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mikey1874

    95

  • Tazio

    64

  • HMFC01

    48

  • CJGJ

    38

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seymour M Hersh
11 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Well well United get away with it

 

These interested parties all fail to include the fans..let them have their say (not for each incident) but in terms of the guidelines to be operated under

 

Who was the referee ?..oh perhaps that explains it

 

A decision was made and it was not 'clear and obvious' an error was made so why even have the ref check it...I mean we are talking about a ref who could not even notice Pickford's assault on Van Dijk despite being in control of the video pictures

 

How far back do you go in terms of checking decisions made ?

 

There will never be the ability to get it right every time but at the moment there does not seem to be any improvement in what was in place

 

They say that Coote is a massive ManU fan and even has him on a tour of old trafford on his facebook page (or some other social media). No idea if that's true but he is a ****i ng shite referee. He's made mistake after mistake (and not just failing to send off that everton gobshite goalie) on the pitch and as the VAR pencil neck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Arteta?

 

Having seen the Aston Villa 0-3 defeat there were similarities in their 0-0 draw today. Probably should have been 3-0 Leeds. Chances plus hit woodwork three times second half. 

 

The game was always in the balance because Arsenal have individual brilliance in the side. 

 

But they seem to be operating in their own world that isn't taking into account what the opposition offers. Though they did defend fairly well with 10 men. 

 

Arsenal fans will be unhappy I think. 

 

(Leeds will be very happy despite just a point)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
46 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Arteta?

 

Having seen the Aston Villa 0-3 defeat there were similarities in their 0-0 draw today. Probably should have been 3-0 Leeds. Chances plus hit woodwork three times second half. 

 

The game was always in the balance because Arsenal have individual brilliance in the side. 

 

But they seem to be operating in their own world that isn't taking into account what the opposition offers. Though they did defend fairly well with 10 men. 

 

Arsenal fans will be unhappy I think. 

 

(Leeds will be very happy despite just a point)

 

 

It's amazing that teams  like leeds, shef utd, Villa etc seem to come up and close the gap to other clubs very quickly. How can a team like Arsenal be in s similar situation league wise to these teams .

 

Arsenal UCL and Europa every season for 20 plus years , fa cup wins in recent years then  a club like Shef Utd/ leeds come up after years out of the top flight and match them not only on the day but in Utd's case league wise as well.

 

Arsenal fans must be concerned.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to tonight's match

 

Already though you can see where Liverpool need to improve....lost 16 goals so far in 8 matches.....yep we all know about the injuries but that is poor and one of the worst in the league

They may have to buy in January but for the next 2 months it is about doing the best with what they have and that still means some good players in those positions

The midfield has also taken a hit this season with many injuries.

 

They will score goals though and are lucky enough or have planned well enough to have 4 good players in the 3 forward positions and all are top class

 

Got to say Spurs doing well and Chelsea getting it together....Spurs need Kane to stay fit as well as Son otherwise title challenge will go missing.

Pep just seems to be stuck in last seasons rut but they badly need a new striker and lets face it they have the money....look out for that in January or if not certainly the Summer of 2021.  They have a good squad though and it won't need much for them to get on a roll....but Aguaro needs to be fit or that new striker purchased.

 

Leicester again  playing and doing well in a season where many clubs are in transition makes you wonder once more..they have also coped well with injuries so far but no Vardy no title challenge..can he stay fit ? and he is now of an age where injuries take just a little bit more getting over

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Looking forward to tonight's match

 

Already though you can see where Liverpool need to improve....lost 16 goals so far in 8 matches.....yep we all know about the injuries but that is poor and one of the worst in the league

They may have to buy in January but for the next 2 months it is about doing the best with what they have and that still means some good players in those positions

The midfield has also taken a hit this season with many injuries.

 

They will score goals though and are lucky enough or have planned well enough to have 4 good players in the 3 forward positions and all are top class

 

Got to say Spurs doing well and Chelsea getting it together....Spurs need Kane to stay fit as well as Son otherwise title challenge will go missing.

Pep just seems to be stuck in last seasons rut but they badly need a new striker and lets face it they have the money....look out for that in January or if not certainly the Summer of 2021.  They have a good squad though and it won't need much for them to get on a roll....but Aguaro needs to be fit or that new striker purchased.

 

Leicester again  playing and doing well in a season where many clubs are in transition makes you wonder once more..they have also coped well with injuries so far but no Vardy no title challenge..can he stay fit ? and he is now of an age where injuries take just a little bit more getting over

 

You do realise it’s a 7.15 kick off and not 7.45? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

You do realise it’s a 7.15 kick off and not 7.45? 

Yes but with posts of such quality it takes time to create them ...just made it !!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

It's amazing that teams  like leeds, shef utd, Villa etc seem to come up and close the gap to other clubs very quickly. How can a team like Arsenal be in s similar situation league wise to these teams .

 

Arsenal UCL and Europa every season for 20 plus years , fa cup wins in recent years then  a club like Shef Utd/ leeds come up after years out of the top flight and match them not only on the day but in Utd's case league wise as well.

 

Arsenal fans must be concerned.

 

My observation is that Wolves and Leicester particularly caused Leeds no end of problems. 

 

Now Leeds have been working to get tighter defensively etc. But Arsenal didn't cause them much bother today.

 

And Leeds play a very hard running game. Exhausting football. But today they seemed comfortable. Hardly broke sweat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Half time result pretty fair and Liverpool deserve their lead

 

Leicester still dangerous from time to time but Liverpool more so and hard to see Leicester stopping them but as they say the next goal either kills it or makes it very interesting

 

Liverpool exactly as thought...keep on front foot and things will be fine . Get pushed back and the problems will arise but any team will need to defend well to stop them for 90 minutes

 

Jota has surprised and delighted me since signing...he has given them the option they needed up front in conjunction with the more established front 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites

55 minutes gone and it should be 3-0 Liverpool

 

Another injury though and Keita leaves the field....Thank goodness for play anywhere and play well James Milner

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kila said:

Quite incredible how that ball didn't cross the line in the end. Off the post twice, cleared off the line, a good save.

3 seconds of madness and how it did not go in is beyond me

 

The replay of the clearance off the line is incredible. Talking millimetres of the ball not going over the line.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3-0 Firmino and this confirms the longest unbeaten home league record in the clubs history..64 matches

 

(Jose's Chelsea hold the overall record it seems)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

3 seconds of madness and how it did not go in is beyond me

 

The replay of the clearance off the line is incredible. Talking millimetres of the ball not going over the line.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...