English Premier League.

maroonlegions

picking Mane over Son as my fantasy football captain is really biting me in the arse this season, I keep worrying that as soon as I swap it Mane is gonna go out and grab a hattrick :lol:

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 06/12/2020 at 18:18, kila said:

OK so they need to back to waving some cards about because they upset the capitalists :( 

The irony of a bunch of guys that earn millions a year from the back of a massive media conglomerate pumping billions into the league, its good of them upsetting those capatalist *******s that fund thier lavish lifestyles. 

Boo to yer fecking knees ya 2 faced *****

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

I have to say, West Ham look like a decent side.

How did that happen?

They are the type of club Moyes thrives at given time. Just look at his Everton side.

A decent set of fixtures today

A midlands derby with Wolves v Aston Villa at 12.30 BT

A relegation battle between Newcastle United and WBA at 3pm Sky

A Manchester derby between Manchester United v Manchester City at 5.30pm on Sky and finished off with a decent match on paper

Everton v Chelsea at 8pm BT

(Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid tonight also)

8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Manchester Derby not setting the world on fire....fear of failure maybe on both sides....still 0-0

At least they don't get paid lots of money.

Tyler and Neville don’t half bum up De Bruyne. I’ve noticed this every time they commentate on a City game.  He’s misplaced more passes than made them, tried passes that weren’t on. He’s like this in a lot of matches. 

Good player but well overhyped when being compared against some of the best midfielders there’s been. I wonder if the hype is borne out of keeping the EPL propaganda pushed?

The pattern is set for the title chase, the Europa League places, the lower middle of the table sides who won't be in relegation trouble and the 5 bottom clubs who will be

Tottenham Hotspur, Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester City and even Manchester United will 'challenge' of sorts for the title

Leicester City, Southampton, West Ham United, Arsenal maybe with Everton and Aston Villa all possibles for Europe

Newcastle United, Leeds United, Crystal Palace, Wolverhampton Wanderers will not be relegated

That leaves Brighton and Hove Albion, Fulham, Burnley, West Bromwich Albion and Sheffield United fighting relegation

Edited by CJGJ

It's great fun trying to work out how many times Steve McManaman is going to sniffle during this match between Everton and Chelsea

We're at 14 already after 20 mins or so

Just now, CJGJ said:

It's great fun trying to work out how many times Steve McManaman is going to sniffle during this match between Everton and Chelsea

We're at 14 already after 20 mins or so

Penalty Everton and stonewall variety after keeper takes Calvert-Lewin out..goal and 1-0 Everton

18 sniffles now

1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

This Manchester derby is utter dug shite. Played at a snail pace, no urgency, no bite. 

That is a couple of hours of my life wasted.

After enjoying the JTs this afternoon that was a damp squib.

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That is a couple of hours of my life wasted.

After enjoying the JTs this afternoon that was a damp squib.

Counting the sniffles is more fun than that match earlier between the Manchester sides

This Everton - Chelsea game is at least 2 teams trying to win the match. Rhys James is hugely improved as a player but you still always have the feeling he’s going to do at least one violent or thuggish thing per game. It’s always just bubbling under the surface. 

Everton hold on for a win

Fans helped greatly (2000)...remember them fans, given some of you seem to want them kept out of grounds in Scotland

17 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Everton hold on for a win

Fans helped greatly (2000)...remember them fans, given some of you seem to want them kept out of grounds in Scotland

No, just you 😘

32 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good chance for Tottenham and Liverpool to put in a gap at the top today. 

And a huge match on Wednesday. If either were to slip up today it would make it even more important with a chance to open up a significant gap with Chelsea and Man City slipping up yesterday. 

22 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Bollocks. Every team doing their best to muck it up.  Mourinho got it wrong today, should have kept attacking in the 2nd half. 

You mean counter attacking?

High quality in this league. Likes of Crystal Palace are good teams. 

20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You mean counter attacking?

High quality in this league. Likes of Crystal Palace are good teams. 

Nope, I meant attacking as Spurs did at the start of the match. It was after half time that they started the counter attack tactics. 
Either way Klopp will be telling his players to try and destroy Fulham today for the goal difference. 

8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Fulham v Liverpool has been a fine match so far and 1-1

Fulham playing well and Liverpool penalty not exactly clear cut

Penalty by the letter of the law but are we now asking players in the wall to tuck their arms behind their back? It did strike his arm but in the replay it looks like it was going to hit the player behind it anyway. No way I’d stand in a defensive wall if I had to tuck my arms behind me, player have always protected their faces and balls. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Klopp again complains about midweek European games. 

So why did he play most of his first team in a meaningless game this week? 

I was thinking about this earlier when they were talking about teams coming back from European games. Denmark to Liverpool is probably a similar distance flight wise to Southampton playing Newcastle. Ditto games in Belgium or the Netherlands. Totally understandable if you are playing in the further flung bits of Eastern Europe with longer flight times but a lot of foreign games are a short hop nowadays. 

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Klopp again complains about midweek European games. 

So why did he play most of his first team in a meaningless game this week? 

I really like Klopp but he is getting a bit boring now with this chat. 

There is a science connecting lack of rest and injuries but I also wonder if the injuries are as much to do with the intensity they are asked to play at as anything else. 

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

I was thinking about this earlier when they were talking about teams coming back from European games. Denmark to Liverpool is probably a similar distance flight wise to Southampton playing Newcastle. Ditto games in Belgium or the Netherlands. Totally understandable if you are playing in the further flung bits of Eastern Europe with longer flight times but a lot of foreign games are a short hop nowadays. 

He is only saying what the other top managers are saying but is seen as the spokesperson for the issue by the media 

They have their target and now look to provoke and attack him on the issue rather than admitting he is right regarding the issue of substitutes and travel after European matches.....this week there is no excuse as they played on a Sunday but playing midweek Wednesday and 12.30 Saturday is just wrong

It is just another example of the British attitude of loving you when you are on the way up but god help you when you get there for you will become a target as the story is better spin that way. It'll never change

5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

He is only saying what the other top managers are saying but is seen as the spokesperson for the issue by the media 

They have their target and now look to provoke and attack him on the issue rather than admitting he is right regarding the issue of substitutes and travel after European matches.....this week there is no excuse as they played on a Sunday but playing midweek Wednesday and 12.30 Saturday is just wrong

It is just another example of the British attitude of loving you when you are on the way up but god help you when you get there for you will become a target as the story is better spin that way. It'll never change

What I don't get is that during the group stages the CL ties alternate between Tuesday and Wednesday, so why not put the clubs who played on Tuesday into the Saturday slots, and the Wednesday clubs into the Sunday slots?  Klopp wasn't even arguing to get a Sunday slot after a Wednesday CL match, just not to get the early slot on the Saturday.

21 hours ago, RobNox said:

What I don't get is that during the group stages the CL ties alternate between Tuesday and Wednesday, so why not put the clubs who played on Tuesday into the Saturday slots, and the Wednesday clubs into the Sunday slots?  Klopp wasn't even arguing to get a Sunday slot after a Wednesday CL match, just not to get the early slot on the Saturday.

Scheduling of matches is more complicated. 

I don't know all the factors but the broadcasters fund Liverpool's squad. Maybe Klopp would prefer a tougher life rather than £40 to £80 million players.

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I don't know all the factors but the broadcasters fund Liverpool's squad. Maybe Klopp would prefer a tougher life rather than £40 to £80 million players.

Broadcasters fund all the teams in every league 

Reality is he has spoken out, the media sense a story and move in for the kill....they don't care about anything other than the story and love their villains and heroes...even better when they can be painted as a villain when once portrayed as a hero

It's like he is not allowed an opinion or worse an opinion that does not suit the media/TV companies who again put their needs first but lets not paint them as doing their best for the public....they look after themselves, Klopp looks after Liverpool and himself including Liverpool fans.....most of the time they co-exist  but in times of crisis and Covid is a crisis a stance will be more firmly taken on all sides.

Just an example of life in the modern age where winners and losers are more difficult to identify but being played out under the public gaze

11 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Broadcasters fund all the teams in every league 

Reality is he has spoken out, the media sense a story and move in for the kill....they don't care about anything other than the story and love their villains and heroes...even better when they can be painted as a villain when once portrayed as a hero

It's like he is not allowed an opinion or worse an opinion that does not suit the media/TV companies who again put their needs first but lets not paint them as doing their best for the public....they look after themselves, Klopp looks after Liverpool and himself including Liverpool fans.....most of the time they co-exist  but in times of crisis and Covid is a crisis a stance will be more firmly taken on all sides.

Just an example of life in the modern age where winners and losers are more difficult to identify but being played out under the public gaze

Klopp to Barcelona, Stevie Gerrard to Liverpool??

9 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Klopp to Barcelona, Stevie Gerrard to Liverpool??

Both parties have signed recent deals with their current clubs until Summer 2024

A move might happen earlier say 2023 but it will only happen if Gerrard continues to be successful...Klopp will have a number of clubs after him and of course the German National side

The next couple of seasons will see clubs paying back debts etc and not spending as much in most countries but after a while Barcelona, Real Madrid etc will come back with funds available to make new signings 

Klopp will pretty much be able to decide his next step and maybe it might be back to Germany, a year off or another country....I suspect this time his wife will influence his next move

7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Both parties have signed recent deals with their current clubs until Summer 2024

A move might happen earlier say 2023 but it will only happen if Gerrard continues to be successful...Klopp will have a number of clubs after him and of course the German National side

The next couple of seasons will see clubs paying back debts etc and not spending as much in most countries but after a while Barcelona, Real Madrid etc will come back with funds available to make new signings 

Klopp will pretty much be able to decide his next step and maybe it might be back to Germany, a year off or another country....I suspect this time his wife will influence his next move

I think Gerrard will be Klopps replacement, what he's done in Europe with that Rangers team won't go unnoticed that's for sure. Klopp I don't see managing anyone else in Germany for a long time yet.

59 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I think Gerrard will be Klopps replacement, what he's done in Europe with that Rangers team won't go unnoticed that's for sure. Klopp I don't see managing anyone else in Germany for a long time yet.

Nap. Both have the same management company with the Glaziers. Was the plan from the offset. 

6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

It can't be that complicated.  The broadcasters know well in advance what the CL schedule is, so it wouldn't be that difficult to arrange a schedule that ensures they don't put a team that played CL on Wednesday into the early Saturday slot.  As I said, Klopp isn't even arguing for a Sunday slot, just not the early Saturday slot, but I don't see why they couldn't schedule games so that teams that play Tuesday in the CL play Saturday in the EPL, and those that play Weds CL, play Sunday EPL.

7 hours ago, RobNox said:

It can't be that complicated.  The broadcasters know well in advance what the CL schedule is, so it wouldn't be that difficult to arrange a schedule that ensures they don't put a team that played CL on Wednesday into the early Saturday slot.  As I said, Klopp isn't even arguing for a Sunday slot, just not the early Saturday slot, but I don't see why they couldn't schedule games so that teams that play Tuesday in the CL play Saturday in the EPL, and those that play Weds CL, play Sunday EPL.

Not when the Asian market that has paid a lot of money wants to see the top teams at favourite 12.30 slot. 

Among other factors. 

13 hours ago, CJGJ said:

I know his wife is happy in Liverpool and so is Jürgen I cant see him going to work for Real Madrid or Barcelona they loose a few matches and they want their manager sacked. I can see him doing another 2/3 year at Anfield then maybe a year out the game then either back to Dortmund or the German National team . He is only 53 as well plenty years left in him yet just don't see any other league than appeal to him he looks for projects like he created at Liverpool and done with Dortmund. 

I also don't see Stevie G being his replacement direct from Rangers even if they win the next couple of league titles in Scotland I think Klopps replacement is already employed by Liverpool in Pep Lijnders came into Liverpool under Rodgers worked with Klopp then went back to Holland to manage NEC he has been Klopp right hand man since 2018 highly thought of at Anfield by the owners and Klopp. 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

On 13/12/2020 at 21:34, CJGJ said:

After playing in Denmark they would have gone back to a very comfortable hotel and then flown by private jet to Liverpool at a reasonable time the day after - the flight would be about 1 hour.

They could even have done a light training session in Denmark and flown back later in the day.

I really like Klopp but i get the sense he is out of step with the fans on this one. I also maintain the injuries this season are as much to do with the intensity they play at in his system.

17 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

After playing in Denmark they would have gone back to a very comfortable hotel and then flown by private jet to Liverpool at a reasonable time the day after - the flight would be about 1 hour.

They could even have done a light training session in Denmark and flown back later in the day.

I really like Klopp but i get the sense he is out of step with the fans on this one. I also maintain the injuries this season are as much to do with the intensity they play at in his system.

Apart from Virgil getting crippled by Dinosaur Arms Pickford and Richarlison taking out Thiago in the derby. 

The game in Denmark was meaningless there was no need to field Fabinho , Jota , Salah the Group was won and at that decision Jota is out for two months injured.